Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I never imagined chicken instinctively know how to kill a prey (I know they are tiny raptors but still).

They'll kill snakes as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45i1hZfUQhk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nature red in tooth and claw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOQdBLHrLk

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I never imagined chicken instinctively know how to kill a prey (I know they are tiny raptors but still).

Chickens are pretty vicious. I've seen them kill and eat snakes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I work with chicken for a living. When I visit breeder farms (where hens and roosters mate together to make fertile eggs, to make more chicken) I have to literally arm myself with a stick to keep the roosters at bay. They're so loving aggressive it's unreal, and extremely territorial to boot. They absolutely will try to gently caress your poo poo up if you give them the chance.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
They will absolutely gently caress you up with the spurs on the back of their legs too.

Roosters are evil.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hjalmar posted:

You forgot the punchline. 15 minutes later he posts

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948359545767841792

I’m the 5 o’clock o’clock

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
A chicken would kill and eat you and your entire family in a heartbeat if it had half a chance.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Randaconda posted:

Chickens are pretty vicious. I've seen them kill and eat snakes.

You should see them when you toss one of these bad boys in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_cricket

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

may i emptyquote

yeah mate that was a heckofa stinger

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

swordfish duelist posted:

They will absolutely gently caress you up with the spurs on the back of their legs too.

Roosters are evil.

I thought you had to put the spurs on

Michael Vick is that you?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

syscall girl posted:

Naw, roosters grow spurs naturally.

People who use them for fighting reinforce them with metal or similar.

My neighbour when I was a kid had a rooster which was an absolute rear end in a top hat. We had to make sure we had 'rooster sticks' in various handy spots around the backyard so there was always one within short distance in case the fuckin' thing came into our yard and we had to fight it off.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 15:37 on Jan 3, 2018

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

syscall girl posted:

Wait, did you think they put little cowboy spurs on chickens for cockfights?

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

Almost all herbivores are opportunistic carnivores. They may focus on munching foliage, but why turn down free protein?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Memento posted:

Well think about that for a second. If you can keep the Russians and Chinese out of a nuclear exchange (reasonably likely), North Korea only has a few nukes, and the targeting systems they run with probably have a CEP the length of Maryland. You personally probably won't die unless you're one of the unlucky people on the West Coast that happens to be underneath the essentially random place that it lands.

Lands?

Let me tell you about EMP. Let me then tell you about how ridiculously intensive it is to replace big power transformers.

DontMockMySmock posted:

There's a reason "rocket science" is the cliche term for something really, really hard. And NK doesn't have ex-Nazis to help them with their missile program like we did. Even from a layperson perspective, if you know a bit about missiles and Cold War weapons history, it seems pretty clear that NK's nuclear capability is all bluster and no substance.

They have a demonstrated ICBM capability that has a range sufficient to cover most of the continental US. That's pretty substantial.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phanatic posted:

Lands?

Let me tell you about EMP. Let me then tell you about how ridiculously intensive it is to replace big power transformers.

Oh my god that would be the most amazing thing ever. If North Korea was so stupid that they saw all that Tom Clancy CNN bullshit about EMPs and actually decided to do it, and wasted all of their nukes. That would be the funniest goddamn thing ever.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Wait, did you think they put little cowboy spurs on chickens for cockfights?

I was kidding but they do actually armor up cocks

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh my god that would be the most amazing thing ever. If North Korea was so stupid that they saw all that Tom Clancy CNN bullshit about EMPs and actually decided to do it, and wasted all of their nukes. That would be the funniest goddamn thing ever.

EMP is a major concern. It's only "Tom Clancy CNN bullshit" if you don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a237104.pdf
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5269880/
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/05/17/written-testimony-nppd-house-homeland-security-subcommittee-oversight-and-management
http://images.military.com/DT/images/Graham.pdf
http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf
https://fas.org/irp/congress/2008_hr/emp.pdf
https://www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ada484672

quote:

In every EMP attack,all three assaults (E1, E2, and E3) are delivered in sequence and nearly simultaneously. It is the Commission’s assessment that functional collapse of the electrical power system region within the primary area of assault is virtually certain. Furthermore, widespread functional collapse may result even from a small weapon with a significant E1 component. While stopping electrical supply over a broad geographical area nearly instantaneously is damaging, it is the time it takes to restore service that is important, assuming restoration is possible, which itself may be questioned in some instances.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Jan 3, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's like all the Cold War guys realized that nobody was afraid of nuclear war anymore so they had to come up with a new shtick. "Uhhh.. they could throw the nukes and crush people with them. They could take the warheads out of the ICBMs and fill them with snakes, uhh... ooh, EMP, that could do some damage! EVERYBODY WE GOTTA BE WORRIED ABOUT EMPS!"

It's like, just loving nuke a city. You don't gotta get creative.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

So basically you're an idiot. Gotcha.

Did you know that nuclear bombs aren't the only source of an EMP that could cause catastrophic damage to the entire electric grid?

https://spectrum.ieee.org/energy/the-smarter-grid/a-perfect-storm-of-planetary-proportions
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ev473k/fema-is-preparing-for-a-solar-superstorm-that-would-take-down-the-grid

But, well, no need to actually invest any effort or resources into hardening the grid against that kind of thing, because it's just Tom Clancy bullshit from the Cold War Guys.

Go back to your animes.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Jan 3, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
While we're on this topic, Dirty bombs ain't poo poo. They're not significantly more dangerous than just a regular bomb. The person who carried the bomb would be the only one with a significantly increased risk of cancer.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The threat of EMPs was thought up by fucin Defense thinktanks whose pay depends on getting the government to buy useless poo poo and putting talking heads on CNN to scare the old and gullible. Every PDF you post is just more evidence that I'm right. Go buy a Alex Jones Infowar.com EMP Survival Bucket

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Dear god, you are an idiot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Dear god, you are an idiot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

(and so am I, apparently)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's like all the Cold War guys realized that nobody was afraid of nuclear war anymore so they had to come up with a new shtick. "Uhhh.. they could throw the nukes and crush people with them. They could take the warheads out of the ICBMs and fill them with snakes, uhh... ooh, EMP, that could do some damage! EVERYBODY WE GOTTA BE WORRIED ABOUT EMPS!"

It's like, just loving nuke a city. You don't gotta get creative.

hey you found a different way to poo poo up the thread and make an rear end of yourself, maybe you're not so fuckin stupid after all

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

syscall girl posted:

I was kidding but they do actually armor up cocks

When your cock goes into action, use protection.

Also, a few planes took out few building and killed a few thousand Americans and you guys launched two land wars in Asia and got hundreds of thousands (more likely millions) killed in your freakout response. I'm sure the trump admin's response to nuking LA would be tempered and reasonable.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

"This child shall want for nothing in life."

*looks closer, notices that it's all VHS

"Somebody call child services."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lmao at the idea of arguing with Guy Goodbody, a poster who only avoids being the biggest idiot on the website because Guy Mann still posts.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
God, why are goons such pedantic shitweasels about the most pointless poo poo? Stop talking about nuclear war unless you're also posting a funny picture about nuclear war, dammit!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm so sorry for your one two two fifty

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Johnny Aztec has a new favorite as of 18:00 on Jan 3, 2018

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The first second rule of math lab is that you do not talk in math lab.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Birds are neat. Bombs are bad.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Who What Now posted:

A chicken would kill and eat you and your entire family in a heartbeat if it had half a chance.

A few posts late but I have seen our chickens hunting and catching squirrels and baby birds (fallen out of a nest) before. I've also seen them with frogs, bugs, lizards, snakes....people who say chickens are vegetarians are so so mistaken.

My conure will do anything for meat...she would rather have chicken/fish/whatever than her vegetables if she has a choice.

When I was younger, I saw my grandad's chickens go racing full speed across a pasture to get to a roadkilled deer more than once. There was an entire flock of chickens tearing that dead deer apart...they are NOT vegetarians by any means lol I have had my own chickens go stealing pieces of meat from backyard bbqs we have had, and when they get scraps of food they always go for the meat first.

They are definitely smaller dinos, and I have no doubt that if I passed out in their view they would probably eat me if they could reach me.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Being omnivorous is a top tier feeding strategy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Quiet fapping suspiciously missing, must be very encouraged.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

LifeSunDeath posted:

Quiet fapping suspiciously missing, must be very encouraged.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:hai:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Yeeeaaah. Rexall really should at least make the boxes different colors. A lot of people don’t bother reading the drug names on medicine packaging.