Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/4817512601.html

goddammit why does it have to be automatic, WHY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Like, I'm all for manuals in everything, but that's one of the cars where it really doesn't make much difference.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Crown Vics have never had a manual, I think the 55-56 even had an automatic

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eight thousand dollars for a rusty cougar shell sitting in a field.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

I could see it if it were a 428 or Boss 302 car, and he still had the original driveline, but as it sits, and for that price, he 's keeping that thing.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Because its a luxoboat. I'd hate my Marquis if it was manual. And I'm for sure one to prefer manuals.

I want that son of a bitch though. I want it so bad. I need it in my life. I may be scared though, thats awfully low miles. Am I crazy thinking it needs some serious pre-work before really driving? Beyond just fluids. Basically every wear part would need checked and replaced ya?

Still. God drat that things pretty.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

Have a look at the Ontario Kijiji sometime, it's really entertaining. At least Albertans/Quebecers/British Columbites are semi-reasonable with their pricing.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Holy gently caress. I learned to drive in that car. And I mean, same color, same trim, same everything. Just more miles and shittier.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

It NEEDS to be an auto. Seriously, My '82 crown vic was the king of road trips, it's basically sitting on a couch being as comfortable as possible and your input needs to be as little as possible for the car to do its thing. It's the bass boat of cars.

E: on the run between OKC and Austin when I would go down to visit friends, my hand would move maybe 2"/hour past about 8pm. Just long drifting highways and the smoothest car I've ever driven.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 24, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dannywilson posted:

It NEEDS to be an auto. Seriously, My '82 crown vic was the king of road trips, it's basically sitting on a couch being as comfortable as possible and your input needs to be as little as possible for the car to do its thing. It's the bass boat of cars.

E: on the run between OKC and Austin when I would go down to visit friends, my hand would move maybe 2"/hour past about 8pm. Just long drifting highways and the smoothest car I've ever driven.

I've got a guy wanting to trade an 89 CV LTD for my Civic but the woman has spoken, no more cars.

Love is stupid.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I've got a guy wanting to trade an 89 CV LTD for my Civic but the woman has spoken, no more cars.

Love is stupid.

I don't understand how trading a car = "more cars." The number of cars is invariant throughout the process.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I don't understand how trading a car = "more cars." The number of cars is invariant throughout the process.

She's been pissed ever since I picked up the Civic. SHe doesn't see why I need more than two.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why, but I really want this. It'll probably split in half immediately, but a stretch '93 4x4 ZJ with 40k miles is hilarious. It has the transfer case handle still there and the ad says it's still a 4x4. Imagine trolling around local OHV park with a limo full of people.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-...=US_Cars_Trucks

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
That is the most insane thing I have seen on this specific sub-forum.

And that's saying a lot.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4808668175.html

Unf.

(though hilarious that he describes the M-sport package as the 'M5 package')

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Dannywilson posted:

I spent a lot of hours in my buddy's 1985 Ford LTD. You could steer that thing with one fingertip resting gently on the wheel. It was also surprisingly quiet. We did a lot of things that required flooring it to leave the immediate area (kids), and it never got above a modest "bzzzzt..." noise under acceleration.

Also, in an incident that is probably not funny in text, but was painfully funny in real life, I was poking around in the glove box and popped the trunk in traffic while going through a not-very-nice part of East Cleveland. You could hear the "Errrrrrrrk" noise in the cabin as the trunk slowwwwly opened while we rolled along.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Haha, holy gently caress that thing is immaculate. I should go look at it. I would probably change nothing except for some Flowmasters or something.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

Maybe the idiot heard r32s were legal and thought that applied to all on them.

Also, that's in California? Of all places to bring an illegal import.

Post a little old but: a year or two ago I saw a late-ish model Africa Twin for sale on ADV Rider in Cali. It was titled as a Goldwing :wtc:

leica posted:

I believe that if you are a true JDM fanboi you should just move to loving Japan or Aus you'd be better off.

Australia got a lot of the Japanese stuff normally, but it's not particularly well-suited for grey market imports AFAIK. They've got a hard cutoff of pre-1989 rather than the 25 year thing, the only way around it aside from very expensive compliancing is to be a citizen/permanent resident and own it for a year overseas, then bring it in under the Personal Vehicle Import Scheme, which you can do once every five years. A mate of mine in Japan did that with an RX7, I'm moving there but not a resident so it wasn't open to me. You also have to kinda prove you were using it; my neighbour was Aussie and I thought about picking up an Africa Twin and putting it in his name, but since he doesn't have a license it wouldn't be hard for a hard-nosed Customs agent to spot something fishy.

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's cool when the unobtanium model needs maintenance and you are right hosed for parts.

I had the inverse of this problem living in Japan. The CDI unit on my '91 XLR Baja gave up the ghost right before my big road trip. The Baja's were really only sold in Japan (maybe a few in Europe/Russia) but were grey or black market exported to Southeast Asia in large numbers, to the point where parts specific to the Baja can be a real bitch to find in Japan nowadays. The mechanic called Honda Japan and I scoured every parts dealer I could find online in the whole country and came up empty (lucky me, the CDI unit was specific to the Baja due to an upgraded light package), Yahoo Auctions had no junkyard pulls up at the time, so I had to give up and rent for three weeks instead. I spent as much on that rental as I did on the bike in the first place ($1000) :suicide:

On the plus side the guy I had lined up to buy it had his own small business fixing electrical problems on bikes, so was still happy to pay my original (admittedly kinda low) asking price. I did have to ship it to him rather than drop it off at the end of my trip, but we split that two ways.

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 24, 2014

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:lol: at a manual trans Crown Vic

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Easily the nicest one I've seen for sale for some time. Looks clean as hell with only @ 71K miles. Too bad its an auto and not an 88GT

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/nice-1985-pontiac-fiero-gt/1037391452?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

Nice 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT

Summer driven, well cared for car. VERY clean, runs excellent. Appraised for $7000.00 - comes with original owners manual & Dealer information. Tires are in good condition as well. Hate to sell it, but just have not drive it - only put on 600km in four years. Car is in Lethbridge.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slidebite posted:

I mean, to be fair there was a company that offered conversions for a few years.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!

http://waco.craigslist.org/cto/4818109438.html

looks like it needs an alignment.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

I spent a lot of hours in my buddy's 1985 Ford LTD. You could steer that thing with one fingertip resting gently on the wheel. It was also surprisingly quiet. We did a lot of things that required flooring it to leave the immediate area (kids), and it never got above a modest "bzzzzt..." noise under acceleration.

I daily an 86. The steering is pretty fantastic for floating around town, but I've certainly heard more than a bzzzt when accelerating... I like the engine sound and the occasional bark of the tires. Big RWD sedan is a lot of fun in a parking lot after the rain.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BoostCreep posted:

I don't know why, but I really want this. It'll probably split in half immediately, but a stretch '93 4x4 ZJ with 40k miles is hilarious. It has the transfer case handle still there and the ad says it's still a 4x4. Imagine trolling around local OHV park with a limo full of people.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-...=US_Cars_Trucks

I saw a Chevy Blazer limo the other day. I'm not sure which is worse between that and this.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

slidebite posted:

I remember reading about a guy who had a late model panther car with a blown 5.4 and a 6-speed swapped into it :getin:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'd drive the hell out of that. Think of all the fun you could have going to and from the gas station.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Fo3 posted:

E: VV sweet roadmaster
What happened to lobsterboy's one (or him), anyone know?

His buick finally died IIRC and he bought a FJ Cruiser. I don't see him on the forums much but have bumped into him around town once or twice and he posts on FB so he's all good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Speaking of awesome CVs, did Fleetwood finally leave us forever?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Terrible Robot posted:

drat, that's what I get for relying on a decade-old memory of a 40 year old movie watched on a 20 year old TV :v:

i would quit my job and become a trucker if I could drive the Duel truck

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They FINALLY released it on blu ray, but force you to buy 100 bucks worth of other Stephen Spielberg crap to get it.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4819430827.html

I don't need another Miata...I don't need another Miata....

Why do I feel inclined to hoard them?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Is that a really good deal or something? For 5 grand I can have a ~2000 model with a 6 speed around here.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Nitrox posted:

Is that a really good deal or something? For 5 grand I can have a ~2000 model with a 6 speed around here.

For an M Edition in my neck of the woods it is. There's also a 1999 in reasonably good shape with 95k miles for 3500 (leather; no hard top)

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
What make the M edition worth 2 thousand more than other Miatas?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

blk posted:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4819430827.html

I don't need another Miata...I don't need another Miata....

Why do I feel inclined to hoard them?

Because you don't own an M5?
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4791837263.html

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
*Sees milage: pukes a little*

The douchebag-has-owned-and-thrashed-the-piss-out-of-this-car quotient is a little bit higher on a 172k M5 than on a 74k hardtop MX5.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Nitrox posted:

What make the M edition worth 2 thousand more than other Miatas?

An M-Edition like that would typically be 6-7 in my neighborhood, the NB would be around 4500-5500. Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but as to the pricing discrepancy, the M Edition carries cachet as a special edition to Miataphiles (which I am not), it has the hardtop, LSD, leather and other trim advantages compared to a standard car, some people prefer the style of the NA to NB (I know I don't like the styling of the NB1, myself) , although I believe some people prefer the 99 NB to later NBs for some reason I'm forgetting - is it something to do with ODB II or the ECU?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Headlights go up, headlights go down!

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Even old 1990 MX5s are $6k (without hardtop), and over 200,000kms on them here. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzizAnstarmie
Dec 17, 2010

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/4787690716.html

I'm considering selling my 2010 Mazda3 and buying this. Insurance would be so much cheaper and I'd be able to pay off my loan. Ad says it needs front bushing and two new tires.