Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
All right, catching up with this thread took for-loving-ever.

(Now that I've posted in here, free Avatar please) :handouts:

I guess that these guys will demand that Annie show her non-human-ness in some way. and she'll make an impressive fire display... but they'll say it doesn't count because of the blinker stone, and try to attack anyway.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I think my favorite part of this page is Annie's nonchalant look at the snake after Ysengrin plowed it into the ground.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Her eyes and eyebrows sort of suggest the opposite of "nonchalant" to me.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

She looks like she's looking at it with a raised eyebrow. More inquisitive than anything.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think it's interesting the way he did that (even if it wasn't on purpose) since we don't know what her other eyebrow is doing due to the hair. Sorta leaves it ambiguous.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

She looks like someone who just saw a giant snake get taken to school with almost zero effort.

This has the potential to be awesome. The Court is talk. The Forest is action.

Edit: I mean, look at the second panel. He didn't even look at the snake when he stopped it.

Cannonballoon fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 31, 2013

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Devil Ed posted:

"No, because she demands it" would probably be one of the best things Ysengrin could say next. These folks don't seem like the types to respect anything but the rules of nature.

Annie should totally let loose on these guys and just school them! She could even lay down the law with a song like this one blaring in the background.

Now that is something that I'd like to see.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Annie should totally let loose on these guys and just school them! She could even lay down the law with a song like this one blaring in the background.

Now that is something that I'd like to see.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one who can't hear that phrase without thinking of that song.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Sit your rear end down before I make myself a belt, snake eyes.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Portals posted:

Also I realized that I imagine Lindsey's husband sounding like Jake from Adventure Time.

Thank you for this.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

John diMaggio has to voice at least one character in every cartoon and videogame, so it's hard not to imagine his voice in every webcomic too.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

SHISHKABOB posted:

I agree.

Please wait for the animation to show. I didn't want to make it too obvious. (free for grabs)

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

I agree.

Please wait for the animation to show. I didn't want to make it too obvious. (free for grabs)

GIFs like this are sad reminders that this strip is more deserving of being animated by a decent studio than a stupid story about talking Planes, but we'll make the Planes movie, rather than the former...

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Dodgeball posted:

GIFs like this are sad reminders that this strip is more deserving of being animated by a decent studio than a stupid story about talking Planes, but we'll make the Planes movie, rather than the former...

The inevitable merchandising would be pretty cool, I'd take a fully actuated Ysengrin with his Terrifying Skills of Gardening™ tree-limb set.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

I agree.

I think I might want this. Depends on if I can think of some good text.

Froodulous
Feb 29, 2008

Hey, head pigeon, is this a bad post?

Dodgeball posted:

Oh man, animated Gunnerkrigg would be awesome as long as the studio did it justice.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Froodulous posted:

Oh man, animated Gunnerkrigg would be awesome as long as the studio did it justice.

I would imagine that Tom would demand the same attention to detail that he puts into his comic. That said the very idea of an animated movie of the 'Krigg is awesome.

Cannonballoon fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 31, 2013

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Is there an avatar of Annie as a child in the A Ghost Story chapter going "I don't like it."? I'd really like to get that when I get spare money to.

I'm not too sure about Annie lighting those dudes up in flame, I thought the fires she makes are harmless?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Swedish Horror posted:

Is there an avatar of Annie as a child in the A Ghost Story chapter going "I don't like it."? I'd really like to get that when I get spare money to.

I'm not too sure about Annie lighting those dudes up in flame, I thought the fires she makes are harmless?

They're harmless if she wants them to be I think - kinda doubt Egalmore would've bothered countering / dispelling Annie's flamewall if he could've just run through it in http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=808 this chapter.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Swedish Horror posted:

How's this work? I can redo it with the flame creature's eyeball but I figured it'd look better with just Annie.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Portals posted:

How's this work? I can redo it with the flame creature's eyeball but I figured it'd look better with just Annie.

That's perfect, thank you.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Swedish Horror posted:

Made this one a while back:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 1, 2013

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

This whole sequence reminds me a lot of that old Alan Moore Green Lantern comic, the one set on the Hell planet, or whatever. I dunno, just sort of interesting to me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ysengrin's expression in the last panel is pure :smug:

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It seems closer to :unsmigghh:

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ysengrin's expression in the last panel is pure :smug:

I can't get over the detail Tom puts in Ysengrin's expressions. There are few things more terrifying or intimidating than a snarling wolf.

Arthur Crackpot fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 2, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Whichever it is, I don't think I've seen him so happy about something.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Yeeeeeessss, time for Fights'n'grin! :black101:

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen! Ysengrin's been given an excuse to go wild on some dumb imp-thing's rear end!

Doctor_Blueninja fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Sep 2, 2013

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen! Ysengrin's been given an excuse to go wild on some dumb imp-thing's rear end!

Given what we've seen thus far, my bet's that there's a reason Tom drew the thing to not have a face full of distinct features. It's because it won't be needing them any longer after the next 2 panels or less next comic. :magical:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
No dude, you have to get both hooks in before you establish the ground & pound. Ysengrin's just going to sweep you onto your back. :v:

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

Given what we've seen thus far, my bet's that there's a reason Tom drew the thing to not have a face full of distinct features. It's because it won't be needing them any longer after the next 2 panels or less next comic. :magical:

I agree wholeheartedly. Ysengrin's gonna obliterate this thing next panel, I just know it.

On a side note: My reason for calling it an imp though was because it really, really looks like one. Minus about six eyes and with green tattoos, of course.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nah, the murderimp is just gonna yell "WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT BAACK!?"

"You are already dead" :unsmigghh: *imp explodes*

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
I think we're about to catch a glimpse of Ysengrin's relaxation regimen.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Salvador Dalvik posted:

The inevitable merchandising would be pretty cool, I'd take a fully actuated Ysengrin with his Terrifying Skills of Gardening™ tree-limb set.

I know which toy I would buy.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Is the MurderShrimp included with that toy, or is it sold separately?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Is the MurderShrimp included with that toy, or is it sold separately?

You just buy the toy and it'll naturally attract murderous spirits.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Blackheart posted:

You just buy the toy and it'll naturally attract murderous spirits.

I thought the Furby line got discontinued.

Is this the time Annie fights alongside Ysengrin, just to complicate matters later on when his memories come back?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I bet Annie realizes that Ysengrin is about to go batshit insane like he did when he tried to kill her before. I think she'll either intervene at that point and make everybody shut the gently caress up (probably what Ysengrin wants), or she'll run the gently caress away (doubtful).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

So, uh, I hope Annie ran for cover because ol' Ys is about to tear the place apart. :stare:

Not gonna lie and say I'm not excited to see how he became a general.