Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

The feminists strike again!!!!!!!!

yea but for real 2nd wavers are REAL nazis!

edit:

You know, maybe THEY are the real underground music. :smug:

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

She organized and financed the WTC attacks, unless I have her confused with someone else.

gene simmons runs a chain of salafist madrassas across central and southeast asia

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That made me think a dazzle camo guitar could maybe look good so I googled it, and came up with that guitar, and this one:

Look at that texture:

Neither is quite what I hoped for.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

^^^The very one!!!

Yea im also a petty bitch waddya gonna do, ya know?
Mostly just laugh at your av, because drawn boners are quite funny in most situations. :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A second tumblr user has hit the tower!

seatbeltstrap
Nov 5, 2004

That bitch Carmen Sandiego's got nothing on me.

Snowy posted:

That made me think a dazzle camo guitar could maybe look good so I googled it, and came up with that guitar, and this one:

Look at that texture:

Neither is quite what I hoped for.

This is for when the custom tolex on your amp isn't cutting it anymore.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

yea but for real 2nd wavers are REAL nazis!

edit:

You know, maybe THEY are the real underground music. :smug:

I kinda like that bass hanging in the background.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Wark Say posted:

I've learned to disassociate music from the performer to a good degree especially after one too many letdowns with some of the people who's music I dig/dug in the past. Curiously enough, two of my biggest idols, Slash and Ian MacKaye, turned-out to be decent dudes. So, when I said that Carrie Brownstein is "the bomb", I meant that as a performer.

I'm still struggling with some artists, because they're just such massive shitheels, or support massive shitheels.

Matt Pike is a crazy conspiracy theorist, but he's harmless, and while he does sometimes let it get into his lyrics, it's not outright attacking anyone except a nebulous "the man". Plus he's so awesome in person that it's just part of a quirky personality.

But someone like Dave Mustaine or KK Warslut? Yeah, they're just assholes, on stage and off. Can't listen to them, because the assholishness is just too great. The music is talented (debatable for Dave Mustaine since a long time ago), but I can't disassociate it.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 17, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm still struggling with some artists, because they're just such massive shitheels, or support massive shitheels.

Matt Pike is a crazy conspiracy theorist, but he's harmless, and while he does sometimes let it get into his lyrics, it's not outright attacking anyone except a nebulous "the man". Plus he's so awesome in person that it's just part of a quirky personality.

But someone like Dave Mustaine or KK Warslut? Yeah, they're just assholes, on stage and off. Can't listen to them, because the assholishness is just too great. The music is talented (debatable for Dave Mustaine since a long time ago), but I can't disassociate it.

This. Matt Pike isn't smart enough to realize all that dumbtalk was invented as code for "Jews" and other fun bigotry. Plus it's fun to talk about reptilians.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Get him and Abbath in a room together, and you have the platonic ideal of getting high as a loving kite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-q5AJ4kG5I

I would love to party with them, but I'm afraid it would be severely damaging to my health.

Abbath is pretty loving amazing by himself, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H6MYFC-f2w

Stupid in all the right ways :h:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 17, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Indeed, Matt Pike is incredibly fun to hang out with and both Sleep / High on Fire are rad as they come.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Muppets On PCP posted:

gene simmons runs a chain of salafist madrassas across central and southeast asia

Once again my problem with confusing Richard and Gene Simmons makes life more interesting

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
'Splodin' To The Oldies

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wark Say posted:

Indeed, Matt Pike is incredibly fun to hang out with and both Sleep / High on Fire are rad as they come.

How do you even test a guitar at Guitar Center without playing Sleep/HoF riffs into a dimed Crate?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

It's the new Sweet Child O' Mine intro.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

How do you even test a guitar at Guitar Center without playing Sleep/HoF riffs into a dimed Crate?

Unfortunately, since I live in Mexico, good lefty guitars are as rare as a hen's tooth. :(

Fortunately, and thanks to some rad friends in the recording industry and such, I'm currently all covered as far okay-ish South-paw guitars go. ;)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Why, yes, Stardew Valley, I do believe you're correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0tsFqTulM8

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Now I want a romanceable Fenriz in Stardew Valley.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Oh gently caress off Orianthi with your PRS and your sub-Gary Moore licks. Irrelevant bollocks

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I find her pretty non-offensive. Though her much older boyfriend Richie Sambora wearing shirts with her name on them to promote her is a bit weird.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

I find her pretty non-offensive. Though her much older boyfriend Richie Sambora wearing shirts with her name on them to promote her is a bit weird.

Richie Sambora's face is weird

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

I'll take the shirt and the guitar thanks.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
does it come with a complimentary coke spoon and the deed to a seedy miami night club?

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

He's still going today...

Also he made this:

Bass Ackwards fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 18, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea so pretty much a lifetime pass, then?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Yea so pretty much a lifetime pass, then?

Basically, you can't hate on that.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

Brownstein and Armisen are both great based on some tv appearances and Portlandia. I don't like Sleater Kinney though, they're boring. Other than that I don't have any reason to dislike her. What makes her so lovely?
It's surprising that someone like Carrie who has built her whole image around being a riot grrl feminist is now so close with someone who has a reputation as a creepy womanizer. Or that she went along with this yellowface crap (though that's not as surprising if you consider that pretty much everyone in The Punk Singer was white).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fred being a sad horny comedian trying to appear normal and overload on connections is p much exactly what I would expect his life to be

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This should be a standard option on all guitars imo

also lol if you use anything but the JB in the bridge

red19fire
May 26, 2010

A fidget spinner... guitar?!?

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Give it a ratchet system to lock it into place at each pickup and a lever to disable it and let the wheel spin free and I'd buy it.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am so torn on BFGs

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Is this some sort of hybrid death metal / christian rock guitar???

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Honestly it is the ultimate gently caress YOU guitar - the fact the finish is partly sanded off because ??? is just the icing on the cake.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That LP needs to moisturize

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Is love and hate tattooed across the knuckles of your hands?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Weird BIAS posted:

Is love and hate tattooed across the knuckles of your hands?

Finally someone who gets it

smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Just another story.

• Locked thread