Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four

Zil posted:

In Forza I have made my driver avatar into an adult Tina belcher. The color of the clothing doesn't match, but the general style and hair is there.

I haven't watched the show very much or know the game at all, but I think you are obligated to slowly run into the only other car in an empty parking lot (or maybe in the pit if that works for the game) with no acceleration now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Twenty Four posted:

I haven't watched the show very much or know the game at all, but I think you are obligated to slowly run into the only other car in an empty parking lot (or maybe in the pit if that works for the game) with no acceleration now.

Trust me I have plowed into many a parked car going way too fast, but I will do this for you.

Also in a later season she becomes a go-kart racer and is extremely good at it, that's what inspired me.

kalel

Farecoal posted:

Thanks (if this isn't sarcastic). I get the feeling Kalameet is going to be the hardest one to beat, what else is new

I would love to play SMT V but Switch exclusivity suuuuuucks

Ah sorry if that read as sarcasm! It really is awesome :shobon:

sb hermit

I'm playing Blaster Master Zero 3 and it's the same kind of sorta formula as the first two. It's crazy how the first game was so popular, the sequel wasn't well known, the 3rd game wasn't a hit either, the first remake was lukewarm, but the second remake was so good that it spawned two additional games in its timeline.

The most hilarious thing is that the game has always had a "retro 8-bit" visual aesthetic that is accompanied by incredible pixel animation which would be impossible on an 8-bit console. But the 3rd game in this timeline turns it up a notch by adding voice acting.

At any rate, it's a good game although some of the bosses have pretty bullshit abilities. I've been trying not to binge it but maybe I'll binge tomorrow since it's a holiday.

Twenty Four

Zil posted:

Trust me I have plowed into many a parked car going way too fast, but I will do this for you.

Also in a later season she becomes a go-kart racer and is extremely good at it, that's what inspired me.

Hah thank you, it just clicked for me and I wanted to give you an online high five! Thats the good kind of fun byob stuff is all about! And I did see that one too! Drive on my friend!

French Accent

got sucked back into puzzle pirates. it still has some form of activity (100 or so people in one server), so i might as well enjoy it while i still can.

i deeply believe that this can be revived under an updated game. i miss the good ol' days of active puzzle pirates.

Farecoal

There he go
Been thinking of playing Dwarf Fortress or RimWorld or Kenshi again or maybe all three. I wish I had more time to play them

Iambic Pentameter

played the house in fata morgana awhile ago, probably one of my new favorite games

ending almost made me cry ngl

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Iambic Pentameter posted:

played the house in fata morgana awhile ago, probably one of my new favorite games

ending almost made me cry ngl

It hits the feels just right. It's an endless cycle of all the bad, horrifying things we do to each other, but knowing there's always a bit of hope at the end of the tunnel, that was a strong message.

The most recent game that gave me a similar (though with more of a hopelessness feeling) was What Remains of Edith Finch. That was a roller-coaster too with an ending that left me sad for that miserable family, always picking the worst possible choices.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Iambic Pentameter

Saoshyant posted:

It hits the feels just right. It's an endless cycle of all the bad, horrifying things we do to each other, but knowing there's always a bit of hope at the end of the tunnel, that was a strong message.

The most recent game that gave me a similar (though with more of a hopelessness feeling) was What Remains of Edith Finch. That was a roller-coaster too with an ending that left me sad for that miserable family, always picking the worst possible choices.

yeah i can handle depressing media but i still like to see a nice happy ending, guess that's just my altruism / optimism

i got edith finch for free on the ebin games store i think so i will give it a look :thumbsup:

Scaly Haylie

starting halo, wish me luck

sb hermit

Saoshyant posted:

this may sound weird but it's always interesting to watch other people play it

Iambic Pentameter posted:

yeah i can handle depressing media but i still like to see a nice happy ending, guess that's just my altruism / optimism

i got edith finch for free on the ebin games store i think so i will give it a look :thumbsup:

let us know what you think about it. it can be short if you need to, but it can be long as well if you choose to take your time.

sb hermit

super metroid is so good

I decided to start a new game on a lark and so much time passed that I got scared and turned it off without saving

sb hermit

Scaly Haylie posted:

good luck! one of these days I should get into halo, right after I finish the rest of the modern wolfenstein games I have

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Video games are good.

Good night.

Farecoal

There he go

Scaly Haylie posted:

Halo 1... is bad. I can admit it now, after having so much fun with it as a kid

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Zurtilik posted:

Video games are good.

Good night.

How could you drop a hot take like this in the thread and then just go to sleep?

Also yeah I agree

biosterous

my ranking of halos, by gameplay, limited to the ones in the master chief collection:
reach
odst + 3 are tied
CE

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

kalel

Farecoal posted:

I'm too blinded by nostalgia to dislike Halo 1. However I can readily admit that I enjoy reach and Halo 2 remastered more than 1 or 2 or 3

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Man I was so hyped for Halo 2's release and then it sucked compared to the first one imo.

Halo 3 was better

Farecoal

There he go
I defeated Kalameet first try with the help if a phantom! Unfortunately I died to Sanctuary Guardian 7 times. I am now trying to defeat Gwyn and he has killed me 6 times. When was he supposed to be hard???

kalel

Achtane posted:

Man I was so hyped for Halo 2's release and then it sucked compared to the first one imo.

Halo 3 was better

everything with the arbiter in 2 owns tho

Scaly Haylie

Farecoal posted:

lotta hallways!

Farecoal

There he go

Scaly Haylie posted:

lotta hallways!

Assault on the Control Room as a kid: Woah! Allied marines!! Ghosts!!! A tank!!!!

Assault on the Control Room as an adult: huh so like 75 percent of this level is just the same room copy pasted

Scaly Haylie

the silent cartographer as an adult: how the gently caress do i get to the surface

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
can we just like...not do the library on legendary?

ugh, fine...

Farecoal

There he go
I watched one of those "game developers watch speedruns of their games" videos, and there was a Halo CE one. When it got to The Library it still took forever even with Speedrun strats and even the devs were like "hmmm okay yeah this level was kind of silly"

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 15, 2021

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Forza Horizon 5 is really fun buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I uninstalled it because I spent hours trying to do this skill points challenge (which is really not fun at all) to unlock the super vw beetle and then finally got that one done only to find that there's a second challenge that is basically the same thing that I also have to do to unlock it. I could just ignore these and do anything else but just knowing that there are gonna be a bunch of these drifting and "stunt" (crashing into stuff and drifting to keep a combo going) challenges in the game just means I'm going to constantly run into stuff I don't want to do in the game. This might be the fastest hard shift from really liking a game to really disliking it I can remember. I'm glad it was effectively free with game pass because if I'd spent $60 I'd feel really burnt.

The game also has unskippable cutscenes that are as bland and boring as they could possibly be. Some of the challenges have dialogue during them and this repeats every single time too. There are some design choices in this game that are really keeping me from enjoying it. :(

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Farecoal

There he go
Trying to do a heavy armor, slow roll, Giant Club run of DS1 and O & S are kicking my rear end. I'm trying to defeat Giant Ornstein because I haven't before and I've gotten him down to the last 5 percent of his health bar before his lightning rear end killed me

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Big Ornstein is really scary. It's been years but I remember having a heck of a time doing the fight that way. I felt kickin rad wearing the cool armor for the rest of the game.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Mummy Napkin
halo infinite multiplayer dropped early today. downloading now and looking forward to getting smoked in big team battles

Finger Prince

So, subnautica, hey? It's on sale for $20. Worth it? What sort of game is it, open world exploration type thing?

Farecoal

There he go
Open world survival crafting game. The map is premade (not randomly generated). There's some story and an end goal to escape the ocean planet you're marooned on

kalel

it's a lot of fun! It's all about the joy of discovery and exploration

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
GTA remakes are "playable" but probably don't spend your money on them if you haven't already. If you REALLY are jonesing for some GTA you can get San Andreas on Game Pass.

A lot of the updated graphics look fine enough and the game will mostly play how you want it to. But there's definitely some wild bugs and some confounding 'art' decisions.

Like take Denise here:

biosterous

Finger Prince posted:

So, subnautica, hey? It's on sale for $20. Worth it? What sort of game is it, open world exploration type thing?

NOW THIS IS THE PLAN: GET YOUR rear end OFF the water world you are marooned on

haven't played it, but watched a LP or it, it's a surprising blend of chill and tense. if you find the hunger/thirst mechanics to be tedious an not engaging there's a simple mod that turns it off.

also recommended is a mod that just lets you skip crafting the intermediate stuff if you have all the ingredients of an end product - ie if you are holding the materials to make a battery and also to make a lightbulb, it will let you craft a flashlight without having to first make the battery and the lightbulb. it just saves some irl time.

they were also using some midgame stuff where they could just dump all their harvested stuff into one box and it would sort it into other boxes for them, and they could craft using materials in the boxes, but i don't remember if that was a mod or is in the base game

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

PeriodCommaColon

Does anyone here play Sky: Children of the Light? It's free on switch I just started playing. Seems like a yobfriendlygame. You just fly around in serene settings and collect stuff. It's from the same people that made Journey.

Finger Prince

biosterous posted:

NOW THIS IS THE PLAN: GET YOUR rear end OFF the water world you are marooned on

haven't played it, but watched a LP or it, it's a surprising blend of chill and tense. if you find the hunger/thirst mechanics to be tedious an not engaging there's a simple mod that turns it off.

also recommended is a mod that just lets you skip crafting the intermediate stuff if you have all the ingredients of an end product - ie if you are holding the materials to make a battery and also to make a lightbulb, it will let you craft a flashlight without having to first make the battery and the lightbulb. it just saves some irl time.

they were also using some midgame stuff where they could just dump all their harvested stuff into one box and it would sort it into other boxes for them, and they could craft using materials in the boxes, but i don't remember if that was a mod or is in the base game

It's on playstation so probably no mods available. Sounds kinda neat. Stranded deep was kind of fun for a while until I realized there's no end, so as long as all the crafting and survival leads to an end goal that's probably ok. I dunno, I'll see how long the sale is. Got a lot of expenses this month getting furniture and stuff so maybe buying video games can wait.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I took a day off from work cause my back is killing me
BUT
I'm playing Chrono Trigger for the first time and it's so comfy. I just went through the time warp thingy at the fair.

AND I just discovered that high me packed the Pax with the last of the weed like a week ago. A gift from the past...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin

PeriodCommaColon posted:

Does anyone here play Sky: Children of the Light? It's free on switch I just started playing. Seems like a yobfriendlygame. You just fly around in serene settings and collect stuff. It's from the same people that made Journey.

i tried playing the mobile version because I loved Journey so much, but man I hate playing games on my phone. I didn’t know there was a switch version. I’m gonna download that and try it out.