Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Powershift posted:

ford is saying to expect "450-500hp" and more than 434ft/lbs of torque for the new raptor, too. There is a really god chance of a sub-5 second 0-60.

And that's the 3rd most interesting vehicle ford announced today.

This probably isn't the takeaway I'm supposed to have from this image, but I really wish this colour was an option on the FiST when I was buying one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eyebeem posted:

If only Bolt and Volt were some how related words that somehow tied into the vehicle's they represent.

Bolt is still a stupid name for that car.

I'm pretty sure "dolt" is a reasonable name for any of their car's in that case.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It'll be the Bort in Japan.

#racist

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Guinness posted:

If the NSX as announced had launched 4-5 years ago it would have been pretty interesting and cutting edge, but now it's just another 'me-too' pseudo-super car in an overcrowded field.

Pretty much. I don't give a poo poo about it other than that it's cool that it exists. It will never get the same reaction as seeing a classic one out on the road. I'll never own one for financial reasons, but even if I could I'd never buy one because for the purist in me there is zero reason to own one over a NSX that already exists now. I want zero part of a DCT no matter the car, and I don't care about all the tech package stuff in new cars.

I sound old as gently caress now and I'm only 25 :corsair:

Twerk from Home posted:

Are they? Mid-engined twin turbo V6es, probably in a similar price range, race in similar classes.

On some level yeah. The NSX has all the hybrid stuff, and I'm sure is going to be billed as more of a luxury super car than the Ford will. The Ford is a nice car but I'm sure there will be people cross shopping and thumb their nose at the GT because it's a Ford

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 12, 2015

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Based on the skyrocketing values of the last Ford GT, and the decreasing desirability of Acura, I don't see anyone picking the NSX over a GT if they are both in the same price range at $150k.

However, I won't be surprised if the GT is aimed more at the 458 and 650S and starts at around $250k.

It's sad how much Honda has lost it's way with the NSX, releasing basically 5+ year old car that brings nothing that new to the table - I'm sure it's going to be fantastic to drive, but you just can't debut the car 5 years before showing the virtually unchanged production version.

Ford really poo poo on their whole world by showing a nearly production ready GT that is going to be sold a year from it's very first debut.

Acura should have just scrapped the thing altogether, made the original V10 version as the Halo and just released a new RSX to appeal to it's former demographic.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Nothing I can say that hasn't been said, knew this thread was gonna blow up lol

Ford's taking no prisoners

e- also dunno if it was said, didn't see it when I skimmed, but there's a reason the GT has a TT3.5EB, WEC and IMSA rules state boosted cars displace no more than 4.0L, and Ganassi racing has been using a variant in Daytona Prototype for like 2 years now. This thing is targeting Le Mans in a big way, and it actually makes sense to do it with a race proven engine. It's total genius on Ford's part, and anyone crying about the lack of V8 probably doesn't understand what they are doing. It's a loving awesome car and I'd bet it takes class next year in both the Daytona and Le Mans races.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 12, 2015

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm a big fan of Ford's decision to make it gas-only and RWD; saves weight, complexity and (one would think) cost.

Random thought: If Ford's getting into the magnetic shock thing, how much would it cost to add them to the RS? :getin:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

VikingSkull posted:

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said, knew this thread was gonna blow up lol

Ford's taking no prisoners

Pretty much. Ford is coming out like Henry Rollins while GM is looking like Michael Bolton.

Hoping Chrysler pulls out some Iggy Pop poo poo.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

sadnessboner posted:

This probably isn't the takeaway I'm supposed to have from this image, but I really wish this colour was an option on the FiST when I was buying one

The odd thing about that color is it's available for the SE and titanium trim levels, but is absent from the ST on the "build your own" page. The S trim fiesta is a big gently caress you with only black , silver, and white paint available. :v:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Powershift posted:

2016 toyota tacoma is V6 only. Either the old 4.0 piece of poo poo, or a 3.5 liter direct injection atkinson cycle engine that's sure to put you to sleep, but at least it comes with a 6 speed stick.

Jalopnik is saying the 2.7l I4 is staying on. Apparently only with the auto though.

That new Nissan is really not very good looking. Also details are scant but the rest of the body looks identical to the 2002 model.

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 12, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Pretty much. Ford is coming out like Henry Rollins while GM is looking like Michael Bolton.

Hoping Chrysler pulls out some Iggy Pop poo poo.

neither Ford or GM unveiled anything with 707hp, Chrysler can just sit there and whip their dicks out over new colors TBH

I bet they have some wild Viper touting that 1-of-1 program they have

e- watch them have a HellRam now that I said that or some poo poo

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Powershift posted:

ford is saying to expect "450-500hp" and more than 434ft/lbs of torque for the new raptor, too. There is a really god chance of a sub-5 second 0-60.

And that's the 3rd most interesting vehicle ford announced today.

I've made some annotations to this image. Hopefully I'm pretty close.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fayez Butts posted:

I've made some annotations to this image. Hopefully I'm pretty close.

How many pounds are in a ton?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Twerk from Home posted:

A ton of them

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I looks like he just used 1000 lb = 1 ton by mistake, so those hp/ton should all be double what is in the image.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

gently caress me

im a graphic designer, not a loving guy who knows about Things

ok guys

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

What's heavier? A ton of nickels or a ton of feathers?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Nothing ever happened. I will be notifying the Mods to delete the last 5 posts and modify everyone's memories accordingly.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm diggin the interiors of the new Toyota and Nissan trucks. If Toyota can hold the line on pricing they will probably still dominate that segment.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"Hp/ton?"
"Alot :regd09: "

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Twerk from Home posted:

Long ton or short ton?

A ton of goons.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
ton or tonne?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Just a shame ford are dumping the falcon sedan and ute, and diesel territory SUV. Three things we have here (along with the diesel Ranger and the Euro fords), that make Ford have the best all around line up of any manufacturer.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Feathers, because they'll absorb moisture from the air

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Fo3 posted:

Just a shame ford are dumping the falcon sedan and ute, and diesel territory SUV. Three things we have here (along with the diesel Ranger and the Euro fords), that make Ford have the best all around line up of any manufacturer.

If they had to die to enable this behavior, so be it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

If they had to die to enable this behavior, so be it.

Ford Oz run these outside of Ford International Brand of Good Awesome Cars which is why they dont loving sell here and thus got shitcanned.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Throatwarbler posted:

Well, I am OK with this I guess.

But I don't like the use of the 3.5l V6 though, is it a marketing gimmick to sell more trucks? A car like that deserves a supercharged flatplane 5.2, not a Taurus engine imo.

Thats pretty much what they said about the Honda NSX.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So as we eagerly await news on the forthcoming Chevy Dolt, more stupid name news; the Bentley SUV, which will be unveiled sometime in the next couple days, is apparently called the Bentayga.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

So as we eagerly await news on the forthcoming Chevy Dolt, more stupid name news; the Bentley SUV, which will be unveiled sometime in the next couple days, is apparently called the Bentayga.

oh boy, i hope the letters in the badging are solidly connected to eachother.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I saw nothing like that, I saw a bunch of fat-rear end SUVs and bodykitted Accords in their little flash lineup after they were out of the early 90s.

If Honda wants to start apologizing for losing their way they could start by not making cars anymore.

Cool looking car once you get over the headlights.

I saw the OG Legend, Integra and NSX, as well as the gen 1 TSX - all were pretty good products, and were the majority of the slideshow.

davebo posted:

Are you basing this entirely on this monday morning's auto show and ignoring everything else chevy does? I mean wasn't it just two days ago we were looking at a possible mid-engine corvette mule? Does Cadillac really need to compete with Ford or should they be competing with Lincoln anyway? It's great that they have their -V models but I've never viewed it as an enthusiast brand to begin with.

Chevy != Cadillac. Their brands are in completely different directions. My reference was to Cadillac's PR gaffe last month or so when they said they don't want to appeal car guys and don't want to be a car company, they want to be more of a lifestyle company. Ford has demonstrated that there is value in having car guys on board, communicating with car guy journalists and appealing to car guys as customers. You can't hype V and V-Sport models designed to compete with the Germans if you identify as a lifestyle company. All car companies that have a successful lifestyle element (Ferrari, Porsche) never abandoned their engineering base or their appeal to car guys. Ford is showing how much power that appeal has on a grass roots level, even though they are a very different brand. Lincoln has shown that if you're all lifestyle and no performance appeal, nobody gives a poo poo.

skipdogg posted:

I don't know what the sales numbers are, but the FiST and FoST sell really well, and people are gobbling up Mustangs as quick as they can. Here in Texas used Raptors go for crazy prices.

Caddy is turning it's brand around, but I think their pricing is a bit off (as do other folks as they just dropped 3K off MSRP on the CTS). They have a long way to go before people choose a Vsport over a comparable German car.

Yeah, I think Ford is hitting it out of the park. Hopefully Cadillac stays product-focused and continues to shoot for the Germans, it's served them well so far. It seems their plan right now is to raise prices to artificially create prestige, which I think it's a bit early for. There are still bad memories about them and their customer base isn't big enough to pull it off. If I was them I'd spend a few more years benchmarking at the current level of the CTS and ATS V, then boost prices once they've demonstrated they can consistently run with the Germans.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Laserface posted:

Ford Oz run these outside of Ford International Brand of Good Awesome Cars which is why they dont loving sell here and thus got shitcanned.

Yeah, Ford USA won't let go of the taurus, and don't think anyone wants a ute, or diesel SUV/small truck over there.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Fo3 posted:

Yeah, Ford USA won't let go of the taurus, and don't think anyone wants a ute, or diesel SUV/small truck over there.

That's because most Americans don't

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I don't think the Falcon would be competitive anyway - it may be more of a drivers thing but it doesn't have the fancy interior stuff or sheer size of a modern Taurus. Plus it's probably a lot more expensive to produce.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

With all the german sedans going AWD only, there's really not much hope for a new RWD sedan anytime soon from ford either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

With all the german sedans going AWD only, there's really not much hope for a new RWD sedan anytime soon from ford either.

Did I read something about an FR-S based RWD sedan coming from Toyota?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Did I read something about an FR-S based RWD sedan coming from Toyota?

Yeah, right after the new supra and their return to formula 1.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

FR-S ute turbo ultimate car

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011

A MIRACLE posted:

FR-S ute turbo ultimate car

diesel awd availible

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

with seats that pop out of the bed and a cap that makes it a wagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

Meet the new NSX

http://www.acura.com/FutureVehiclesNSX.aspx

twin turbo V6, 2 electric motors.

The gently caress? Throw out all that made the old NSX actually a loving great car for that ugly POS????