Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

It's a bit weird to never show the full face of the main character in your trailer. I guess there are plot reasons for that? Otherwise it just makes the character unrelatable for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Yep. Giant scar across her face that she absolutely hates. It's pretty similar to how she's depicted on the cover of the books:

I'm really excited for Hungry Hungry Cities, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the weirder designs from the books.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'm interested in giant moving city movie. Looks neat.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I needed an all girls Oceans about as much as I needed an all girls Ghostbusters but maybe it will be good?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Ha, that diner is where I get breakfast at usually. And apparently the Paprika Dog right around the corner from me has a scene there too. So weird to live where a movie is centered around!

I remember having the same weird dissonance when they filmed Groundhog Day in my hometown of Woodstock, IL. So loving weird to see all the fake store names on the Town Square.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is that a Papaya Dog typo or is there a paprika themed hot dog restaurant that I need to visit?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

I needed an all girls Oceans about as much as I needed an all girls Ghostbusters but maybe it will be good?

The Ocean’s formula is so safe and at the same time so loving entertaining. If they can match that in any capacity I’ll watch the hell out of it. Seriously even the third once was basically a bunch of people just shooting the poo poo and being smart/funny then tying it all together with the most convoluted heist plot you can imagine. Also one of the cast needs to be eating all the time like Pitt was.

But seriously, if they can come close to the relationship Pitt and Clooney’s characters had where you could have entire conversations with them saying nothing it’ll be good.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 19, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

So in Mortal Engines the US is basically a radioactive crater? We're not going to see a Chicago with huge spinners fight a Dallas that has literally a million guns while Miami try to pelt them with a combination of alligators and increasingly dangerous narcotics and a scrapheap that used to be Detroit is seen in the background (also what I described is what the Superbowl evolved into)?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Kiimo, do you guys usually have to do the digital de-aging for actors over 50 / actresses over 40, or is that poo poo already done by the time you're cutting trailers? Because ol' Sandy looks like Battle Angel Alita without the animu eyes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MSJ posted:

So in Mortal Engines the US is basically a radioactive crater? We're not going to see a Chicago with huge spinners fight a Dallas that has literally a million guns while Miami try to pelt them with a combination of alligators and increasingly dangerous narcotics and a scrapheap that used to be Detroit is seen in the background (also what I described is what the Superbowl evolved into)?

I really want to see this movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Kiimo, do you guys usually have to do the digital de-aging for actors over 50 / actresses over 40, or is that poo poo already done by the time you're cutting trailers? Because ol' Sandy looks like Battle Angel Alita without the animu eyes.

Ha yes but only in print. The wizardry in a/v is done on the production side or the medical side

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

The MSJ posted:

So in Mortal Engines the US is basically a radioactive crater?

Yep, North America's uninhabitable. The isthmus of Panama was severed by "slow bombs".

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Why does Hester have 2 fecking eyes thooooough

I guess a one eyed scarf wearing heroine is too much for Hollywood. I seriously expect the lower part of her face to be hosed up at least. It’s such a huge part of her character and development that a few superficial scars won’t have the same impact.

Also the books are great and are neither like Mad Max or Howls Moving Castle.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFWF9dU5Zc0

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSko8Z3aOo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Sicario Cinematic Universe is cool.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Badass trailer

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

I've been pretty down on the idea of this (mostly because I want a Detective Loki series of films if we're getting Villeneuve sequels) but that trailer got me excited.

Jeffrey Donovan's dumb moustache, nerdy Operator Josh Brolin and my boy Benicio drew me back in. It's also hilarious to see "Sicario saga" in a trailer.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ktuvx9hrMw

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

teagone posted:

I think I need to rewatch Sicario. I didn't really care for it on first viewing, but I may not have been giving it my full attention.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJGkm0UwNRk

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

teagone posted:

I'm deeply disturbed by its very existence.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Sicario 2 is giving every appearance of being precisely what Sicario very pointedly wasn't.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm deeply disturbed by its very existence.

Narcos / Sicario crossover episode

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Zzulu posted:

Badass trailer

This is an understatement.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Looks like rear end.

A gender swapped remake of a remake.

It's remakes all the way down.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Uhhh, turning nutcracker into an oz/alice wonderland ripoff is sure out left field.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

got any sevens posted:

Uhhh, turning nutcracker into an oz/alice wonderland ripoff is sure out left field.

On the other hand, a lot of the production design and cinematography is on point.

Gotta love the technicolor Fantasia shout-out.

Also, Sicario 2 looks sick.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

K. Waste posted:

On the other hand, a lot of the production design and cinematography is on point.

Wow I shrugged off the trailer and didn't watch it, but those caps look slick.

The best part of the sicario 2 trailer was when benicio killed that fat guy and sent a message by unloading the whole clip as quickly as he could.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Sir Kodiak posted:

Sicario 2 is giving every appearance of being precisely what Sicario very pointedly wasn't.

Good, Sicario was fairly dull a lot of the time

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Sicario 2 trailer so good I'm going to watch Sicario and then later also Sicario 2.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

got any sevens posted:

I have a Deja vu...

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I'll watch Sicario 2, but I wish Villeneuve would direct it.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Guys, Oz, Wonderland, and Nutcracker are all literally about little girls who go off to have magic misadventures in dreamland, this really isn't much of a stretch. In this era of young adult fantasy films, a disproportionate amount of which star and are marketed toward girls and women, it's shocking it took this long to get a tentpole Nutcracker film.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

No Villeneuve? No sale.

I also wasn't aware there was a "Sicario saga" nor did there need to be one

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

K. Waste posted:

I'm only certain of one thing.

Some freshman is going to watch this and have a bad trip in the dormitory lounge.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Doesn't look like Deakins is doing Sicario 2 either. Sorta just comes off as a generic drug mafia movie?

For a second I thought those shots K Waste posted were directed by Tarsem Singh. It really reminded me of Mirror Mirror, but with a budget.

Just because it's the trailer thread, here is the terrible trailer to Mirror Mirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olu1zashs-w

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

GrandpaPants posted:

For a second I thought those shots K Waste posted were directed by Tarsem Singh. It really reminded me of Mirror Mirror, but with a budget.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yikes. I guess more than a few people missed the point of Sicario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSko8Z3aOo

Sir Kodiak posted:

They managed to shift the conversation for sure.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

No Villeneuve? No sale.

I also wasn't aware there was a "Sicario saga" nor did there need to be one

Pretty much. Straight-2-DVD, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
The trailer could of course be misleading but Sicario 2 looks like it has about the same degree of understanding of its predecessor as Jarhead 2 has of Jarhead 1.

• Locked thread