Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dren posted:

small world but animal crossing would be dope

But with the actual small world music in the Animal Crossing babble language. Just to drive everyone absolutely insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Fartington Butts posted:

But with the actual small world music in the Animal Crossing babble language. Just to drive everyone absolutely insane.

if we just show up and act like we work there maybe we can pull it off

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Disney opened up reservations for Disney Springs starting June 1st, this morning, most of the restaurants, check https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/reservations-accepted to scan June 1st (or later) nothing is available before then. It's likely walk ups only if they open up earlier than June 1st.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
So, first of all, mad props to Braskgirl. These have been extraordinary circumstances and they're absolutely doing their best.

So, here's my understanding of our current reservation:

We originally had a May booking (booked pretty much a year ago!) for the Poly. Obviously, Things Happened, and we had to move it. I talked it over with my partner, and we moved our reservation to early June. We didn't really anticipate a park opening, but our mindset is we were keen to get engaged, and Disney was compensating us for the closure with a meal plan. Plus, we figured if we had to move it again, we could move it again! No big deal. A few early rises to get those hard-to-get FastPasses might be a pain, and we lost our Ohana fireworks reservation, but the situation is garbage all around and we're just happy to be together.

Now, the new situation is that the parks aren't going to be open (Understandable), but Disney won't be giving us the Dining Plan for our re-rebooking, we'll have to pay full price. We were both really looking forward to a long-needed vacation we'd been putting off for a long time, and the relief of having the trip all paid off had been delightful. Now, there's going to be the added cost of the meal plan for us and his two kids, and if we move it further into summer a likely increased cost for moving to a peak time from offpeak. I told him earlier, and he didn't cry, but he just looked exhausted. I'm very unhappy Disney isn't honouring the promotion anymore, especially when we've tried to be extremely polite and compliant with everything that is going on, and now we're both just over it and trying to decide if we even want to go anymore.

This whole ordeal has just left a sour taste in our mouths.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I feel really bad about that, and I wish there was something I could do. There just...isn't.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Whoah, they yanked the free dining offer for rescheduled reservations? drat. /off to see the drama at disboards.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

skipdogg posted:

Whoah, they yanked the free dining offer for rescheduled reservations? drat. /off to see the drama at disboards.

My understanding is that they ran out of placements for it, so they ended the promo - But we already had it from when we were made to rebook the first time. We'd just be shuffling it around, but that's a no-go. :sigh:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

My understanding is that they ran out of placements for it, so they ended the promo - But we already had it from when we were made to rebook the first time. We'd just be shuffling it around, but that's a no-go. :sigh:

You were offered compensation for events outside of your (or Disney’s) control if you rebooked, which you did. Disney then forced you to re-rebook and is taking away the compensation they initially offered. Do I have that right? Maybe you should call up your local news agency, or find one in Orlando—“big corporation stiffs little guy” stories are usually popular, and given a bit of luck you may gain enough traction for Disney to reverse their policy.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I suppose we could. I was meant to be proposing to my man there, though. We'd built this up quite a bit, and the disappointment is bitter at the moment, but I don't want to take actions that will turn the taste of victory to ash in my mouth.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Citywalk in Orlando is partially reopening on Thursday

Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant and Market
Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside & Lone Palm)
Red Oven Pizza Bakery™ mobile ordering available
Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available

Shopping venues:

Airbrush
Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (retail only)
Universal Studios Store™ and select merchandise carts

Entertainment venue:

Hollywood Drive-In Golf™

On the Disney Springs side, The Polite Pig, Joffrey’s, and YeSake are planning on the 20th for their reopening.

CityWalk is requiring face masks, and doing passive temperature checks. Parking is free while the parks aren't open.
link: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/operations-update?linkId=88480280

Also, Morimoto Asia, Pizza Ponte, and Vivoli il Gelato at Disney Springs opens on the 22nd.

Some Disney Springs cast members are told to come back on the 24th to Disney Springs, so some of the Disney owned stuff may open soon after (May 27th).

Atricks fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 13, 2020

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

My DW and I have a trip in December. I also have Emphysema and COPD. Wearing a mask for a long period of time is really not an option. While wearing a mask, I can not evacuate my lungs of all the carbon dioxide, which in turn gives me headaches and shortness of breath. So, now in reading these replies, I wonder what the reaction I would get not wearing a mask? It is now May, I personally do not believe a vaccine will not be around between now and then. If we worry about dying from a virus ,that the WHO as of 5/9/20, has a 96% recovery rate, we are already dead.

:magical:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...86/post-9211356

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Darwin had it right.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Atricks posted:

Citywalk in Orlando is partially reopening on Thursday

Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant and Market
Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside & Lone Palm)
Red Oven Pizza Bakery™ mobile ordering available
Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available

Shopping venues:

Airbrush
Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (retail only)
Universal Studios Store™ and select merchandise carts

Aww, man you know what I was missing during this whole virus thing, a t-shirt from that random rear end tattoo parlor at Universal.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wanna get that 14 dollar frog chocolate yo

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

what is a DW? disney... wife? :confused:

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Dren posted:

what is a DW? disney... wife? :confused:

Most likely just "Dear Wife." D(x) for Dear (Wife, Son, etc.) is a commonabbreviation in some corners of the Internet.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I bet if you showed this post to the Bobs you could get them to personally record a message politely asking this person not attend their magical petri dish.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

" As I said earlier, I am thinking 2022 (maybe late 2021 for the 50th if things go well with the virus). I have no interest in the watered down experience for any price. I will wait."

holy gently caress it is not about the fact that you might get less rides in in a day it is about the fact that your chances of getting sick and dying are heightened because it is impossible to enforce the necessary distance and cleanliness in a theme park like WDW when we can't do it in a goddamned Home Depot.

What universe do these people live in.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Lol okay I'm reading the thread, most of the posts are "you're going to die lol" but others are purestrain chef kissy face

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Boxman posted:

Lol okay I'm reading the thread, most of the posts are "you're going to die lol" but others are purestrain chef kissy face

this is actually true, since OP wants to stay away from disney parks until the threat of the virus abates

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Isn't that guy like literally in the middle of the high risk group? :psyduck:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Disney is sending out notices week by week to guests who have reservations that will need to be canceled or rebooked. Right now it's going up to 6/6. I expect 6/7 and beyond may be next week? Who knows. Lots of people rightfully pissed about losing their free dining rebooking offer. Clawtopsy, if you want to call up and complain, I'd do it. Maybe if enough people do, they'll do something about it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I know. I'm sorta putting it off right now because I'm still in the middle of the work week, but after my classes are dismissed on Friday I'm definitely going to be extremely polite to someone who isn't paid enough to deal with customer complaints! :argh:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

We're going to go tour the wedding venue we both like on Saturday, so that's some silver lining. After the initial frustration subsided I took a deep breath and realized I had become super Clark Griswold-y with this laser-focus on our proposal being my very own bonus to get the pool, and some perspective has helped.

I mean, I'd really still like the money we'd save on the dining plan, but I'm not going to let that ruin what is meant to be a very happy time for us if it doesn't pan out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Boxman posted:

That poster might have some issues...

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Clawtopsy posted:

We're going to go tour the wedding venue we both like on Saturday, so that's some silver lining. After the initial frustration subsided I took a deep breath and realized I had become super Clark Griswold-y with this laser-focus on our proposal being my very own bonus to get the pool, and some perspective has helped.

I mean, I'd really still like the money we'd save on the dining plan, but I'm not going to let that ruin what is meant to be a very happy time for us if it doesn't pan out.

I'm glad you're feeling better about things. I have felt horrible for all my clients that are affected by this, and to be fair, I feel a bit sorry for myself since I won't be going on my own Nov trip because of the virus, both for safety and financial reasons. It just sucks all around.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

I'm glad you're feeling better about things. I have felt horrible for all my clients that are affected by this, and to be fair, I feel a bit sorry for myself since I won't be going on my own Nov trip because of the virus, both for safety and financial reasons. It just sucks all around.

Yeah, it's got to suck extra hard for agents at the moment. I imagine it's the whole "Can you check if there's any in the back?" except times one hundred and angrier, like you as an individual have an extreme of clout at Disney. Hope they're not giving you too hard a time!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Zero One posted:

That poster might have some issues...

Wait until they learn there's a third option!

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
South Florida is now in the Phase 1 reopening, Phase 2 dates will be announced tomorrow, as well as potential dates the parks "could" reopen (not necessarily will). Hospitalization capacity usage and new case rates are relatively low in Florida, so it'll probably move on forward. July seems like the most obvious time (coincides with the Cruise industry goals also), it could all change though.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Clawtopsy posted:

Yeah, it's got to suck extra hard for agents at the moment. I imagine it's the whole "Can you check if there's any in the back?" except times one hundred and angrier, like you as an individual have an extreme of clout at Disney. Hope they're not giving you too hard a time!

Yeah, it's not fun. If it were up to me, everyone would get it but I don't have the clout nor the personal funds to make this happen. I'm doing my best but it's not good enough. It's rough right now.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

Yeah, it's not fun. If it were up to me, everyone would get it but I don't have the clout nor the personal funds to make this happen. I'm doing my best but it's not good enough. It's rough right now.

It's amazing how vicious people can get towards the intermediaries. Everyone should have to do mandatory work in the customer service sector before they're allowed to yell at anyone...

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1261015767727968258

This should go over well

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man

Probably all bloggers / youtubers.

https://twitter.com/ExpThemePark/status/1261018607108177922

Atricks fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 14, 2020

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"I might have gotten the virus, but at least I got my Voodoo Doughnuts!"

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man

Fartington Butts posted:

"I might have gotten the virus, but at least I got my Voodoo Doughnuts!"

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1261025233613488133

The guy at the doughnut counter may as well shoot you.

--

Edit there's like 7 helicopters flying around Universal covering this thing. (I live right behind it)

And if anyone is curious, here's the temperature screening:

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1261021771832098818

Atricks fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 14, 2020

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

TBF, that's like 15 cars total lined up, not like traffic is backed up for miles to get in

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

VooDoo Doughnuts aren't even good enough to get sick over.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Friendly reminder that not only does not everyone with the virus have a fever (especially if you're asymptomatic), but that kind of temperature check can easily give a false positive in the Florida heat so it's basically as good as random chance for seeing if you're safe to enter.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
As crazy as this is, the band on the roof playing for the people outside is a pretty clever idea.

I think this was answered, but they are requiring masks to enter right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Margaritaville has a 2 hour wait right now (although just the rather large patio), and the traffic is backed up getting into the garages now.