Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I like that the orb last until the end of the phase, takes a little sting out of it being one use only.

Did they ever do one of those discount bundles for orks? I know when the codes launched they were only doing the one click deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

quote:

Necron Warlord Traits

1 Enduring Wrath - Warlord has Eternal Warrior

2 Eternal Madness - Zealot special rule

3 Immortal Hubris - Warlord and friendly units within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning, and fear tests

4 Hyperlogical strategist - Add or subtract 1 from reserve rolls and seize the initiative

5 Implacable Conqueror - Warlord and all friendlies within 12" have Relentless and Crusader

6 Honorable Combatant - Must issue or accept challenges. Re-roll all failed to hit rolls in a challenge. No friendly character other than Vargard Obytron can attempt glorious intervention. If enemy refuses challenge, warlord gains hatred for rest of game.

Read more: http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/48760/new-necrons-codex?page=3#ixzz3PxFsu4OG

Warlord Traits are pretty loving good.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Last one since the dude is off to work, but very sweet:

quote:

Quantum Shielding - The vehicle has AV13 all around, but after the first penetrating hit, it falls back to the normal AV values.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That and this is uh...

Voidreaper 30pts- S+2 AP2, Melee, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Master Crafted, Two Handed

loving awesome.

Not surprised to see the change to Veil of Darkness, also Solar Flare is excellent.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Voidreaper 30pts- S+2 AP2, Melee, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Master Crafted, Two Handed

loving awesome.

It better be because outside of a barge the overlords need to pay some exorbitant price to be survivable enough to strike back at I2.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Honestly why would you ever leave the Lord off the Barge at this point?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Mango Polo posted:

It better be because outside of a barge the overlords need to pay some exorbitant price to be survivable enough to strike back at I2.

I'm more impressed with this load out if everything that's been posted is true.

Cryptek w/ Staff of Light, 80 points
9 Lychguard with Warsycthes
Ghost Ark

6s to hit, 4++ Resurrection protocols. Yes, yes that is a awesome beat stick of a Combat Unit. That's a pretty killer unit. Hoping Warscythe remains unchanged other than to make it two handed and unwieldy which doesn't loving matter for necrons.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
That probably means that Warscythes will also be AP2, since it would be a bit odd to have the "unique" one be worse than the normal one.

But yeah, MSS being effectively useless (Fear while in a challenge only!!) and Phase Shifter being a 4++ and Reanimation Protocols presumably not helping you any if your Barge gets exploded makes the Bargelord a lot less scary now. It's also plausible that they lost Sweep Attack, since we haven't seen anything on that yet.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
So no more sempiternal weave?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Quantum Shielding being a all around AV 13 even if a upgrade is pretty huge.

Bargelord is still a complete beast in combat though.

Phase shifter, Phylactery, Warscythe, still a beat stick of a unit.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Tequila Ranger posted:

So no more sempiternal weave?

Nightmare Shroud seems like the replacement at 35 points, 2+ and grants Fear plus some once per game activation that will achieve as much as fear ever does.

Looks like Necron vehicle walls are going to be great, assuming no hidden nerfs to Ghost Arks.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 26, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It may have a upgrade cost , but why would you not ever buy that I do not know. AV13 all around, that's loving crazy good.

I think there still is maybe one set of Wargear we have not seen, the Relics. I am unsure on that though. The Archeotech looks like it's probably Cryptek only though. Still getting a 15point 1 use Invisibility is pretty amazing.

Not really upset with any of these changes, also the Tomb Blades getting ignore cover weapons that is 2pts is pretty drat sweet.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 26, 2015

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Plus even cheapo gauss got a slight upgrade against Monstrous Creatures, and if a Ghost Ark does something great it's poo poo out gauss like there's no tomorrow.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

People on eBay are dumb, I just pushed a guy who had a max bid set, over the cost of the piece from ForgeWorld.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm hoping the Ghost Ark get's a point reduction but yeah, if it's able to take Quantum shielding still, Necrons got one of the top Transports now. Plus the restriction going away that only Necron Warriors and Immortals being able to get in it. It's well worth the purchase of a Fast Attack slot.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 26, 2015

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Mango Polo posted:

Destroyers are 40 points per destroyer, and upgrade to heavy destroyers for +10 points. Fast Attack, Jet Pack Infantry

Jet Pack Infantry? Interesting...

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I can't see Ghost Arks losing QS, otherwise it's an amazingly poo poo transport.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I bet it get's a point reduction but then you have to buy Quantum Shielding. Heavy Destroyers being 50 points a model for a T5 2 Wound Preferred Enemy every one is pretty drat good. I think that got glossed a bit over.

200 points for 5 T5 2 wounds w/ preferred enemy for the Destroyers is pretty sweet as well. It may be 10 ST5 AP3 shots but Preferred enemy is such a good rule that's hard to pass up now.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 26, 2015

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

A 2W Heavy Destroyer doing the Jump-Shoot-Jump poo poo sounds loving rad.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
If QS makes it 13 all-around then this codex is officially a buff from the original in a way that makes it more cool and more powerful. Goddamn it I might actually buy this book.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

panascope posted:

A 2W Heavy Destroyer doing the Jump-Shoot-Jump poo poo sounds loving rad.

Especially if Ghost Arks and Vehicles do get the all around AV 13. Jump Shoot Jump Las Cannons for 50 points yes please.

PierreTheMime posted:

If QS makes it 13 all-around then this codex is officially a buff from the original in a way that makes it more cool and more powerful. Goddamn it I might actually buy this book.

Yeah , I really hope this guy is not full of it. That's well worth the cost of a 120 point Annihilation Barge.

Also incredibly handy guide

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2015/01/24/rumor-it-necron-leaked-rules-rumors-compendium/

Tomb Blades are kind of crazy good now, reduction in points, Gauss Cannon AP3, and the Nebuloscope is a cheap upgrade. Goodbye Space Marines on bikes and anything else that relies super heavily on cover saves. Sure may not take down a T7 or more easily but still super good unit.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 26, 2015

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

quote:

6 Honorable Combatant - Must issue or accept challenges. Re-roll all failed to hit rolls in a challenge. No friendly character other than Vargard Obytron can attempt glorious intervention. If enemy refuses challenge, warlord gains hatred for rest of game.
I love this rule, everything about it. It "forges a narrative" and is super characterful to the character, while still having some bonuses. It won't apply to every character, but I dig it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's not really a single really super bad Warlord trait on that chart. I mean maybe the one that grants Crusader and Relentless, that's bout it. It actually looks like GW didn't poo poo the bed on this one.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
On a minor break from the Necron extravaganza, I'm quickly slogging through magnetizing all the bases for all my Tyranid models for easy transport. Things are going well.

I have 6 Gargoyles and one Harpy remaining to paint and I will be done with a fully painted army. After years of having a mix of painted and unpainted, being this close feels like I've almost reached nirvana.

Edit:
It just loving hit me that Reanimation Protocols, if they work as written, function for every wound instead of just the last. That's an insane buff if true.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 26, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's basically Feel No Pain, but slightly improved. Please attach your metal Tyranids to something on the ceiling and take a picture. They look awesome by the way. Also for some reason I think your fish may be terrified. Just chilling in their tank then " What the gently caress is that?".

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Especially if Ghost Arks and Vehicles do get the all around AV 13. Jump Shoot Jump Las Cannons for 50 points yes please.

I'm sorry, but what exactly does that have to do with destroyers?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

I'm sorry, but what exactly does that have to do with destroyers?

Much easier to maintain the Av13 wall for them to peek-a-boo around.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Sweet mechanical zombie Jesus, if even half of this is true my decision to start 40k again with crons has paid off. I literally started buying mans again and then the new codex soon rumours appeared and my rear end clenched in worry, but so far it's all been pretty positive. By the way if you preorder a codex from GW do they ship it on the release date or a couple of days earlier to take postage time into account? I'm in Aus btw if that makes a difference.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, plus the Mephrit Dynasty stuff is pretty bad rear end as well.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, plus the Mephrit Dynasty stuff is pretty bad rear end as well.

Oh hey I'd forgotten about those guys, I wonder how they compare/deal with the new updates.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

Much easier to maintain the Av13 wall for them to peek-a-boo around.

Thanks. :downs: I thought it was just Hollismason rambling about unrelated things again.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Pierre TheMime, I love your painting ethic. You don't gently caress around and your poo poo looks solid as hell.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Harlequins this weekend, here's a highly informative video put out well in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2fDbwoBUE

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

NTRabbit posted:

Harlequins this weekend, here's a highly informative video put out well in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2fDbwoBUE

At least it isn't unlisted :v:

Fuckin' pumped about the Necron codex.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Mango Polo posted:

Oh hey I'd forgotten about those guys, I wonder how they compare/deal with the new updates.

What's strange about that is that the only requirement to get the items and relics is that they be from a Mephrit Dynasty detachment or a Formation of Mephrit dynasty. It doesn't replace anything like it's not , oh take these instead of those relics.

It's only 3 relics, Godshackles, Solar Thermasite, That special Warscythe who's name I can't recall.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So a few things happened lately.

1) Received another drop pod in the mail pre-painted at a reasonable price which makes me feel like I will save nearly a month on painting time. The only downside seems to be the guy who constructed it had the same issue as I did when I made my first, and the doors don't really close properly, meaning I had to use the large magnets one uses for like vehicle sponson mounts to actually get them to shut properly.
2) Played my first game at a nearby store, we ended up doing a 3v3 750 points per player, and it was a shitload of fun. Really glad I chose this hobby.
3) Went full nerd and bought the fancy templates, servo-skull tape measure, and an inquisition dice bag for another game I have scheduled for Thursday.

Quick question, I've been reading over the rulebook again lately, and caught a part in the power weapons section that I missed. It basically says that if models have a generic "power weapons" description in their wargear, then they count as having the weapons that is on their model. In terms of my honor guard does this mean I can never give them anything other than what their models have on them? I've only seen a single battle report where they were used and the guy went WYSIWYG with them, but based on a few articles I read the authors seemed to be under the impression that you could use Power Mauls or Power Lances if you want. Has anyone had experience with similar units in their codex?

PierreTheMime posted:

On a minor break from the Necron extravaganza, I'm quickly slogging through magnetizing all the bases for all my Tyranid models for easy transport. Things are going well.

This is pretty sweet, it'd be cool if the terrain you play on was all metal, so you could make it look like your genestealers and gaunts are running up walls to get to their prey.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 26, 2015

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Uroboros posted:

Quick question, I've been reading over the rulebook again lately, and caught a part in the power weapons section that I missed. It basically says that if models have a generic "power weapons" description in their wargear, then they count as having the weapons that is on their model. In terms of my honor guard does this mean I can never give them anything other than what their models have on them? I've only seen a single battle report where they were used and the guy went WYSIWYG with them, but based on a few articles I read the authors seemed to be under the impression that you could use Power Mauls or Power Lances if you want. Has anyone had experience with similar units in their codex?

This is pretty sweet, it'd be cool if the terrain you play on was all metal, so you could make it look like your genestealers and gaunts are running up walls to get to their prey.

TBH man as long as its clear and obvious what each thing is either supposed to be or is substituting for, you'll be fine. Just don't turn around on turn 4 when you get into combat with terminators and say "oh yes all of these maces and swords are actually AP2 axes." Be transparent about it from turn 1, and try not to have lots of mixed proxy models in one unit (e.g. a unit of 10 guys with swords where you claim there are 3 axes 3 maces and 4 swords is a pain in the backside to keep track of).

if you run into someone whose being a butthole, just tell them you're proxying the models to try them out. If they don't like that, then the best thing to do is just leave.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I don't have my book in front of me, but do Honor Guard just have 'power weapon' in their entry? If so, then yeah, you're 'supposed' to have whatever the squad is carrying (2x axe 3x swords, or something).

I don't think WYSIWYG is really a thing people are sticklers for anymore, though, and I can't imagine a person who have you a hard time about it would be someone you wanted to play with, anyway. In my experience, a 'power weapon' wargear entry just tells me I can pick a power weapon instead of paying for it.

If you're not WYSIWYG though please be clear and consistent.I played against a guy who had 2x swords and 2x axes in a squad, but whoops the guys with the swords had axes and the axes were swords.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Uroboros posted:

So a few things happened lately.

1) Received another drop pod in the mail pre-painted at a reasonable price which makes me feel like I will save nearly a month on painting time. The only downside seems to be the guy who constructed it had the same issue as I did when I made my first, and the doors don't really close properly, meaning I had to use the large magnets one uses for like vehicle sponson mounts to actually get them to shut properly.
2) Played my first game at a nearby store, we ended up doing a 3v3 750 points per player, and it was a shitload of fun. Really glad I chose this hobby.
3) Went full nerd and bought the fancy templates, servo-skull tape measure, and an inquisition dice bag for another game I have scheduled for Thursday.

Glad you enjoyed your game. As for your question, power weapons can be any of the listen options as long as they are WYSIWYG. So, in that battle report you mentioned the player was probably using the official honor guard models that come with Calgar and are blinged out with ultramarines logos and wield axes. He was pretty much stuck with that load-out. There's nothing stopping you from converting your own honor guard models and this'll let you arm them however you want. By all means, proxy if you want to, but always keep things simple. Mixing weapon types when the models look identical is a huge hassle, but saying that a unit full of dudes with axes actually all have swords isn't a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The best way is to actually arbitrarily change what type of weapon they are using.

• Locked thread