Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Uber eats is the worst food delivery platform that has even existed. I have NEVER gotten an order from them that didn't take at least 30-45 minutes longer than their baseless estimates. And they expect me to tip for the cold burger you took an hour and 15 minutes to deliver from 3 miles away? They suck as taxis, they suck as food deliverers, how does this company still exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Because of morons who keep using their services.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I prefer cab drivers to Uber drivers because I don't have to argue with them about getting on the loving expressway to take me six blocks and they drive like I need to be somewhere. As soon as a taxi service develops an app for me to hail one I'll use it exclusively. Especially now that the ride sharing apps cost as much as a cab anyways.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

Counterpoint: Yikes is an inoffensive mainstay of American English speech. Likewise criminey, even if I have no loving idea how it's supposed to be spelled.

"Kek" is 4chan or WoW? I always thought "bur" was "lol" in WoW.

For me, personally, I hate the people that I've seen post dumb poo poo like "yikes" or "kek" because they say it about anything and the only thing they post is the single word itself as if the response means anything. I mean, yes, the words yikes and kek aren't offensive by themselves, but it's incredibly loving annoying when you see a wave of yikes in any discussion or thread. it's pointless clutter and a desperate "PLEASE LOOK AT ME" response.

I think the origin of kek was a WoW thing, but its one of those things where people from a site start using it and suddenly, because of the kinds of people who use those sites, the word is now cursed and everyone will accuse you of being the kind of person they associate with "people who say the word". Same reasoning applies to that cartoon frog everyone loved to post before a presidential candidate's campaign page listed it as a symbol of hate. Poor Matt Furie, he just wanted to draw weird animal guys taking gigantic shits. don't we all just want to take gigantic shits? i think we should campaign for our right to take gigantic, monster sized shits.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Uber eats is the worst food delivery platform that has even existed. I have NEVER gotten an order from them that didn't take at least 30-45 minutes longer than their baseless estimates. And they expect me to tip for the cold burger you took an hour and 15 minutes to deliver from 3 miles away? They suck as taxis, they suck as food deliverers, how does this company still exist?

I think it might be like the pizza delivery service where they have a lot of orders to be driven out, except they have to dart from restaurant to restaurant. Not a good way of doing it. At least using grubhub it gets here relatively quick, although they usually don't get my taco bell orders right.

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Jan 30, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I prefer cab drivers to Uber drivers because I don't have to argue with them about getting on the loving expressway to take me six blocks and they drive like I need to be somewhere. As soon as a taxi service develops an app for me to hail one I'll use it exclusively. Especially now that the ride sharing apps cost as much as a cab anyways.

plus at least taxi drivers aren't going to record you on their dash cam trying to get some ~content~ for their channel.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
kek was koreans in starcraft or something

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

kek was koreans in starcraft or something

That was kekekekekekekeke and was associated with zerg rushes. I think kek came from WoW as it assumed that the horde and the alliance spoke different languages. I never actually played but it was apparently set up so that one side couldn't read the other side's text as it got turned into gibberish. It apparently said kek a lot and people figured out that that was probably what the thing turned lol into so people just started actually saying kek.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I think blizzard made orc-lol read as kek as an homage to starcraft koreans popularizing “kekekekeke”

If you use it in 2019 though...

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I saw a Kekistan flag in real life once time.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aramek posted:

yikes

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I think blizzard made orc-lol read as kek as an homage to starcraft koreans popularizing “kekekekeke”
Yeah, given the way WoW translation works it can only be deliberate.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fortnite would be the best game ever if they made the following changes

- get rid of the storm, the whole map is always available until the end
- instead of 100 players, it's only 2 players
- somehow make it so people have to keep playing until the match is over.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Aramek posted:

that was nazis

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Fortnite would be the best game ever if they made the following changes

- get rid of the storm, the whole map is always available until the end
- instead of 100 players, it's only 2 players
- somehow make it so people have to keep playing until the match is over.

call of duty is already the best game ever and I am offended they are pandering to the fortnight people with their blackout mode. How in the hell do people enjoy a FPS game if there is like a 2 minute respawn timer? I can't play a FPS if i'm not constantly holding sprint and loving people up, even if it means i go 2-25. I'm doing my part. Stop being cowards and be bad with me so we can kill each other, what fun is it to hide in your little tower and kill me 20 times in a row with no effort?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

call of duty is already the best game ever and I am offended they are pandering to the fortnight people with their blackout mode. How in the hell do people enjoy a FPS game if there is like a 2 minute respawn timer? I can't play a FPS if i'm not constantly holding sprint and loving people up, even if it means i go 2-25. I'm doing my part. Stop being cowards and be bad with me so we can kill each other, what fun is it to hide in your little tower and kill me 20 times in a row with no effort?

Unreal loving Tournament, goddamn. Where was all this enthusiasm for team deathmatch 20 loving years ago?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm annoyed by yaaaasss queeeeen and "blahblahblah is a BIG mood" and I have no intention to know what they mean.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm annoyed by yaaaasss queeeeen and "blahblahblah is a BIG mood" and I have no intention to know what they mean.
Each translated means "I need someone to kick my rear end thoroughly."

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.
I thought kek came from mistyping 'lol', but I'm realizing now the misspelling would be kok, rather than kek, and now my life is a lie.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Slippery posted:

that was nazis

It was literally a live broadcast of some Middle School basketball game. It was awful.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Aramek posted:

It was literally a live broadcast of some Middle School basketball game. It was awful.

God even worse. but yeah it's usually the racist-frog crowd who use that one.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Some amount of them will grow out of it but but middle school pepe fans turn into adult chuds.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm getting really sick of Queen. I like their music, but parts of the Internet won't shut up about Bohemian Rhapsody, and it's getting old.

The Internet has a unique ability to take something that's good and run it so far into the ground that you get sick of ever hearing about it again.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's just pop culture. I loved Wonderwall when I first heard it on the radio in the 90s and then every loving show and movie used it too and now I wish Oasis was dead.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I've personally never liked Wonderwall. It's entirely because of the singer's whiny, nasally, annoying voice. I hate these whiny weasel fucks sounding like they just missed the bus

Gripweed posted:

The worship of the Beatles got and is still pretty annoying, but hey, the Beatles were pretty good. What was really annoying was when Gen X tried to do the same thing with Nirvana. Some anniversary for that baby in a pool album came up and there were a bunch of articles from dudes in their mid forties about how great and important it was, and nirvana, and Trent Razor, and it was so terrible. Nirvana had a couple decent songs, they weren't the Beatles. It was a pathetic attempt by the most forgettable generation to make it seem like they had some lasting impact on culture when it is obvious that no they didn't, the produced nothing of value, and they will all die unmourned.

honey, you got a BIG storm coming

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Jan 31, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The worship of the Beatles got and is still pretty annoying, but hey, the Beatles were pretty good. What was really annoying was when Gen X tried to do the same thing with Nirvana. Some anniversary for that baby in a pool album came up and there were a bunch of articles from dudes in their mid forties about how great and important it was, and nirvana, and Trent Razor, and it was so terrible. Nirvana had a couple decent songs, they weren't the Beatles. It was a pathetic attempt by the most forgettable generation to make it seem like they had some lasting impact on culture when it is obvious that no they didn't, the produced nothing of value, and they will all die unmourned.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Nirvana are a pretty good band, maybe the romance is overblown thanks to Cobain's death but they had great albums and genuinely had a great sound, bleach has a few great tracks on it, nevermind is just a classic rock album and unplugged in new york showed a totally different side to them

I'm biased as gently caress because i first heard Nevermind when I was about 10 back in 1993 so they were the first really "alternative" band I ever had listened too, I think it was my friends cousins from Canada had brought the tape over when they were visiting, either way it sparked an interest in the band and I've always admired their music. Being so young I didn't really comprehend his whole death and the circus around it and I probably didn't hear another piece of Nirvana music until I went online in the late 90's but they'll still always be one of my favourite bands

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Kurt killed himself when I was one, and I know all the Beatles and their songs and occasionally listen to them. So does like everyone I know.

No one I know but weirdos with garage bands and 30something insufferable douches care about Nirvana.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

This is a great example of when not liking something crosses into just being wrong.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It helps that the major moral crisis of gen X, "selling out", just doesn't exist as a concept anymore. It's completely nonsensical now, trying to explain "selling out" to anyone born after 1995 would be like reading Jaberwocky to them

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Generations arent real

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Kurt killed himself when I was one

oh my god get off my lawn, you're killing me here ( :) )

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Shibawanko posted:

Generations arent real

How can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Mongolian folk metal owns

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

It helps that the major moral crisis of gen X, "selling out", just doesn't exist as a concept anymore. It's completely nonsensical now, trying to explain "selling out" to anyone born after 1995 would be like reading Jaberwocky to them

hi goodbody :)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Kurt killed himself when I was one, and I know all the Beatles and their songs and occasionally listen to them. So does like everyone I know.

No one I know but weirdos with garage bands and 30something insufferable douches care about Nirvana.

Kurt loving loved the beatles.

I think they have plenty of good songs but they had a lot longer to make them. And plenty of turds. And nothing much to get excited about.

Now Simon and Garfunkel

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Graceland is one of the best albums of all time.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So is American Idiot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Kurt loving loved the beatles.

I think they have plenty of good songs but they had a lot longer to make them. And plenty of turds. And nothing much to get excited about.

Now Simon and Garfunkel

Simon and Garfunkel are two musical geniuses. I don't necessarily like every song either of them made, but I've never heard a poorly composed song by them.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So is American Idiot

a post truly deserving of this thread

Out of Touch is the best song ever made and nobody can change my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
No, Hoo! Let the Owls Out! is the best song ever and it’s not even close.

This is fact. It’s factual.