Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hey mom its 420 posted:

from a few pages back, but I agree with this:

looking at the other sign, the 1960s was 60 years ago. Someone who was 20 during that time would be in their 80s today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bedpan posted:

looking at the other sign, the 1960s was 60 years ago. Someone who was 20 during that time would be in their 80s today

like Horsey

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

bedpan posted:

Vietnam protesters during the sixties: people who history has famously proven wrong...?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

hey mom its 420 posted:

from a few pages back, but I agree with this:

oh thats my fault i havent been posting horseys more recent incisive commentary

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Lol trying to "one bad apple" the fascism state

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkHCf6sjBgo

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

lmao that worst, most fascist thing the guy can think of is to remove the dude's aristocratic privilege and expose him to the democratic process

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Panfilo posted:

Fuckin badass

A cartoon drawn by someone who has definitely seen a gun before.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Retromancer posted:

I mean that just works the messaging even more, their views that political correctness is gaudy, impractical, and performative.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

does he think that immigrants are all mexicans trying to surround themselves with white people :confused:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

loquacius posted:

does he think that immigrants are all mexicans trying to surround themselves with white people :confused:

The implication is that Mexican immigrants are just turning their new home into the same place they fled from.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Panfilo posted:

The implication is that Mexican immigrants are just turning their new home into the same place they fled from.

yes I understand that part thank you

the implication is also that he thinks the presence of Mexicans is what immigrants (most of whom are not even from Mexico as I understand it) were trying to flee

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
We should import as meant as it takes until one of them brings Filez Jueaves technology with them

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this one might actually be a good cartoon if they were just american flags in the fourth panel instead

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Panfilo posted:

Fuckin badass

you do understand what's going on here, right?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Dixon Chisholm posted:

yeah, something badass

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Dixon Chisholm posted:

America trying to make the world woke. You think that's a bad thing?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Retromancer posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Some Guy TT posted:

this one might actually be a good cartoon if they were just american flags in the fourth panel instead

Yeah who hasn't seen situations like that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Dixon Chisholm posted:

maybe?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

don't know this cartoonist so they might be a milkshake duck for all i know, but my first read on this was that immigrants are trying to flee poverty in mexico only to end up in the same position in an ostensibly wealthier country because the us is a demon cracker nation

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
They're saying that so many Mexicans are in the USA and they're all bad and genetically lazy so they've ruined the country they fled to

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

what

like i know that the message is supposed to be that biden is a hamas-loving jew-betrayer by threatening to withhold one (1) arms shipment, but i don't understand how the cartoon is making that point

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Cerebral Bore posted:

don't know this cartoonist so they might be a milkshake duck for all i know, but my first read on this was that immigrants are trying to flee poverty in mexico only to end up in the same position in an ostensibly wealthier country because the us is a demon cracker nation

No the message is straight up racism

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

change my name posted:

Evergreen post for this thread

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Theres a recurring sentiment among reactionaries that people immigrating from poor countries were the central cause of that nation's social and economic problems. Thus, the immigrants from there are believed to inevitably turn their next home into the same state as the one they fled.

The Mexican flags in the last panel are a kind of dogwhistle to the fact that a lack of assimilation gets blamed on violence and poverty. You'd never see this kind of comic depicting someone immigrating from, say, Eastern Europe or rural Korea for example.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Panfilo posted:

Theres a recurring sentiment among reactionaries that people immigrating from poor countries were the central cause of that nation's social and economic problems. Thus, the immigrants from there are believed to inevitably turn their next home into the same state as the one they fled.

The Mexican flags in the last panel are a kind of dogwhistle to the fact that a lack of assimilation gets blamed on violence and poverty. You'd never see this kind of comic depicting someone immigrating from, say, Eastern Europe or rural Korea for example.

Aka

change my name posted:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

change my name posted:

figures

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Sam, please. He had a family.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

idk if this guy is normally dumb as poo poo or not but this one i like

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Panfilo posted:

I mean that just works the messaging even more, their views that political correctness is gaudy, impractical, and performative.

And just a way to prettify the US's violence

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Apparently Sinfest guy is pro Gaza now? He's been ragging on Zionists quite a bit lately.

Panfilo has issued a correction as of 17:59 on May 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah as you can see by his repeated referral to Jews here this is the typical alt-right trajectory where he literally becomes pro-gaza because he hates Jews enough