Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Do the walking mausoleums do anything other than duplicate memories? Are they a one shot or something? I can't figure out why there are so many while doing the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Any other good general weapon arts that shouldn't be slept on? I've got Bloody Slash, Ground Slam, Hoarfrost Stomp, and Sacred Weapon in my kit.

Flame of the Redmanes is pretty good -- goes a long way with a wide AOE. It lacks the status effect of Hoarfrost, however, and it's a bit more expensive (14FP vs 10FP)

Ground Slam is a great way to get Strike damage on a weapon that doesn't usually have it. Most normal enemies who are weak to Strike will die in one goomba stomp. It can be a little buggy though -- if three enemies are close together, you can get stuck "hovering" above them, all while they're hitting you until the game decides to let you back down to earth.

Spectral Lance is a decent damage, cheap ranged attack (9FP) that has a bit of homing so you're not screwed if the enemy moves an inch. I think I'd still rather just use kukri and throwing knives, though.

Does Quickstep provide more i-frames? almost considering putting that on my main weapon, since you're gonna have a lot more opportunities to dodge something than to attack in a boss fight.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

When I pick up a new special item or recipe book there should be a button to look at it in my inventory immediately instead of digging through my increasingly larger inventory to see what it does

god yes. i have so much crap in my inventory i've never even looked at. I haven't crafted a single thing in the second half of the game

Also the SoN&F and mimic need a big fat nerf. I wish i had as much HP as my mimic

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lexorin posted:

Do the walking mausoleums do anything other than duplicate memories? Are they a one shot or something? I can't figure out why there are so many while doing the same thing.

Each can only be used once.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I kinda wanna remake my character, but only because I gave him the worst loving voice possible holy poo poo he sounds like a cartoon character and not in an amusing way

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Calaveron posted:

I kinda wanna remake my character, but only because I gave him the worst loving voice possible holy poo poo he sounds like a cartoon character and not in an amusing way

You can change voice (and every other cosmetic thing) at a fairly early point in the game.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You can change voice / appearance / body type for free at any time once you unlock the respec npc after Raya Lucaria.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Appoda posted:

Any other good general weapon arts that shouldn't be slept on? I've got Bloody Slash, Ground Slam, Hoarfrost Stomp, and Sacred Weapon in my kit.

Sword dance is a relatively quick multi-hit move that pushes you a little bit forward, nothing crazy

really shits out damage on greatswords, better than using R2's

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Oh hello (late-ish boss spoiler) again Margit. See you've not been skimping on leg day, your jumps are really good now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Video Nasty posted:

Could someone help me answer this? I've only seen other co-op summons with a katana using it so far.

i put it on the lordsworn greatsword so it’s probably anything that slashes

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can change voice / appearance / body type for free at any time once you unlock the respec npc after Raya Lucaria.

You can do this as soon as you get to Roundtable Hold. There's a mirror in the room with the hugging lady you can use.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

before that even i think? it’s the mirror in the roundtable hall across from hug lady, right?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Frankston posted:

You can do this as soon as you get to Roundtable Hold. There's a mirror in the room with the hugging lady you can use.

edit
gently caress
beaten

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Wow I got nothing on Draconic Sentinel. I'm fine until he's at half health, then it's just endless lightning spam until dead

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat it, I've been at Radahn for like an hour and a half now and I will call it quits for now. Once got him so low that one shot could've killed him but I was out of FP and he got me instead. After that a few times into the 2nd phase, but mostly dying in the beginning. It seems to depend a lot on whether or not you get the aggro or not. My best strategy is to get close to him and spam Hoarfrost stomp, it seems to do a ton of damage. But it's terrible being so close to him.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
After like 39 attempts at Radahn with my magic character I said gently caress it:
spent an hour getting the unlimited fp tear, magic tear, lesat’s staff upgrades. Azure comet. Made my way up to him slowly and let the summons distract t him, chugged the physick and just loving lazered him for 15 seconds.
He immediately died and I didn’t even take damage lol.

gently caress that guy

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

• When I pick up a new special item or recipe book there should be a button to look at it in my inventory immediately instead of digging through my increasingly larger inventory to see what it does

Willfrey posted:

god yes. i have so much crap in my inventory i've never even looked at. I haven't crafted a single thing in the second half of the game

Yeah the inventory sucks, but one way you can kind of narrow it down: When you get a new item, there will be a symbol in the upper left that corresponds to the item category that it belongs to. So instead of going through all of your inventory when you get some vague Proper Noun-y item, you at least know which of the dozen or so sections it's in :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Pro radahn cheez strat incoming, do not read if you want to enjoy the experience of gitting gud:
The gold summon sign gimmick for his fight isn't just that there's like 8 extra npcs, it's that the signs constantly respawn for you to activate again after the summoned npcs die. You can beat him at level 1 just by running around on your horse way outside of attack range, touching signs and never attacking.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Can you remove skills from a shield? I never got the hang of Dark Souls parries and would rather use the L2 button for my sword blood slash.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ograbme posted:

Can you remove skills from a shield? I never got the hang of Dark Souls parries and would rather use the L2 button for my sword blood slash.

yes, just apply the "No Skill" ash

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ograbme posted:

Yeah but you need the No Skill ash of war. You buy it from a guy at a place called the Warmaster Shack.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Am I missing something in the Weeping Peninsula?

I went in Castle Mourne, killed the Leonine Beastman, gave Irina’s note to her dad, showed him the sword, and reloaded and he’s gone. The “Castle Morne Lift” sight of grace is still pointing me south into the castle (or the ocean?). I can’t seem to get inside the castle, just on the ramparts. What am I missing?

Go back to Irina to trigger the next part.

Edit: Woah I was pages behind, this probably already got answered hah.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
You know, at first I thought spending 5 hours trying to kill the Ulcered Tree Spirit in the first dungeon with my starting gear was overly stubborn, but in retrospect learning his moveset by heart was a really good investment.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I just lost a ton of progress after it said my saves were out of sync. gently caress.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Ograbme posted:

As mentioned by others, there is the No Skill ash of war which does exactly that: it removes the skill from the shield and when you L2, it will instead proc the skill from your right hand weapon.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
beat radahn second try, level 75. nagakiba officially just better than hoarfrost stomping ever was for bosses. Radahn was a fun fight as long as you dodge his big arrows and summon the hero squad. That was a fun gimmick and lol at summoning Patches, who just immediately leaves without helping. Radahn was a very DS1 boss when you're close to him, just hug his crotch and you can slash and chug potion pretty safely.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Has anyone used the Grafted Dragon weapon? I assume the split damage makes it worthless? I sort of like the idea of carrying around a flamethrower though.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Repeatedly encountering a major bug with Rennala, where she doesn’t spawn any minions with with the shield aura. Happening in a bunch of co-op matches I’m summoned into. Very annoying.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think this grimblo's hero grave place or whatever would be a more fun experience if it was just an indiana jones booby trap avoidance thing. The mobs just make it extremely tedious.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Really wish you could do wield mixed weapon types, but it's still pretty satisfying to double-pike someone in the face from quite far away.

Are there any good late game polearms? I see the occasional halberd get mentioned, but nothing for spears and pikes, and I'm wondering if I'm gonna still be rocking this same short spear well into the end game.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Quoting myself because I think it got lost at the bottom of the page.

Karanas posted:

Aaaah I have an indecision problem. I'm building a new character centered around dragon incantations, but at the same time I want to use the winged scythe as my main weapon. I know I probably want to use the dragon seal so I have to invest in arcane in the long term, Anyone has an idea on whether it's workable or if I'm going to spread my stats too thinly?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
As far as I can tell, the dragon seal has equal faith and arcane scaling (unless the arcane goes up way faster than faith with upgrades).
So if you're using a fth/arc seal and a dex/fth weapon you would ideally want to just level fth and keep arcane at whatever the min requirements for your spells are. Which is just like 15-16 for the most demanding dragon spells.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don’t even think it’s required to kill Crucible Knight and the lion thing double boss in redmans castle but I don’t know where else to go

20 hours played and I just found out what “physick” is

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Also, is your dragon character gonna use the Grafted Dragon? For flavour, at least.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Macaluso posted:

I think this grimblo's hero grave place or whatever would be a more fun experience if it was just an indiana jones booby trap avoidance thing. The mobs just make it extremely tedious.

Those are the soldiers of Grimblo, they have to be there for lore reasons.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

drunken officeparty posted:

I don’t even think it’s required to kill Crucible Knight and the lion thing double boss in redmans castle but I don’t know where else to go

20 hours played and I just found out what “physick” is

Talk to the library knight dude in the roundtable hold and he'll give you some pointers on where to go. You have a lot of options

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Repeatedly encountering a major bug with Rennala, where she doesn’t spawn any minions with with the shield aura. Happening in a bunch of co-op matches I’m summoned into. Very annoying.

Sure it's a bug? I've had the shield aura minions show up way outside the central fight area

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Sure it's a bug? I've had the shield aura minions show up way outside the central fight area

It's happened to me when co-op'ing as well, definitely a bug. The main boss itself was also just glitching around in the air without any animations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

As far as I can tell, the dragon seal has equal faith and arcane scaling (unless the arcane goes up way faster than faith with upgrades).
So if you're using a fth/arc seal and a dex/fth weapon you would ideally want to just level fth and keep arcane at whatever the min requirements for your spells are. Which is just like 15-16 for the most demanding dragon spells.

According to fextralife, its Arc scaling goes up to S once fully upgraded

GlyphGryph posted:

Also, is your dragon character gonna use the Grafted Dragon? For flavour, at least.

Ideally, but spending that much in Str might actually be too much