Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lammasu posted:

I'm pondering the implications of that loin cloth.

Spigina!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smdh a moderator of our dead gay forums not knowing the correct term is the spussy.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Tesseraction posted:

smdh a moderator of our dead gay forums not knowing the correct term is the spussy.

Wanting to gently caress a drider is the most heterosexual thing possible.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tesseraction posted:

Why did you think Hieronymous was demodded?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Actually in this case it's dridussy

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Professor Beetus posted:

Actually in this case it's dridussy

That's just when you're involved. :smug:

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

:drat:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Tesseraction posted:

:vince:

poop device
Mar 6, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lammasu posted:

I'm pondering the implications of that loin cloth.

chelicerussy

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

poop device posted:

chelicerussy

I appreciate this

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

This is the kind of debating that got Protagoras out of his bed every morning.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

Sorry, folks, rules say I have to take this in good faith.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Mods please give me some sort of probation for getting owned that hard, I deserve it

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Tesseraction posted:

:boom:

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Is this right that Trump would need to pay $104 million in fees to post the half billion plus in bonds?

I knew about the 100 million in interest, but another 100 million in fees, is news to me. So, does he really he needs to get over 640 million together?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/01/investing/trump-money-judgments

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Charlz Guybon posted:

Is this right that Trump would need to pay $104 million in fees to post the half billion plus in bonds?

I knew about the 100 million in interest, but another 100 million in fees, is news to me. So, does he really he needs to get over 640 million together?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/01/investing/trump-money-judgments

My guess is, eg, they mean things like loan fees or broker fees etc. I imagine you have to sell more than 500 million worth of property to net 500 million free and clear.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

"free and clear" implies no further encumbrance on the money coming out of the sale, whereas in this instance...

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My guess is, eg, they mean things like loan fees or broker fees etc. I imagine you have to sell more than 500 million worth of property to net 500 million free and clear.

LMAO

lol

I sincerely am wondering if these two civil judgements aren't going to be the things that kill him.

He only cares about one image thing: not being perceived as broke.

Well:

He's beyond broke, and no one is flying to his aid. No one.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

As I understand it, per the wisdom of the Internet, normally you'd go to a bond company, like a bail bond except much bigger amounts, and get a loan against your wealth to pay the bond. In Trump's case, the problem is that he has a habit of overvaluing his properties. A bond company would have to be sure his collateral was big enough to cover the risk of his losing the case.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I know Putin is probably restricted by sanctions from giving Trump the money, but is there anything preventing, say, MBS from just donating or loaning the money to Trump without requiring any collateral?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Zwabu posted:

I know Putin is probably restricted by sanctions from giving Trump the money, but is there anything preventing, say, MBS from just donating or loaning the money to Trump without requiring any collateral?

It's functionally impossible to send half a billion dollars across international borders in less than thirty days, and Trump isn't worth that much money to anyone. 500 million is enough money to bribe the entire Senate and then some.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Arsenic Lupin posted:

As I understand it, per the wisdom of the Internet, normally you'd go to a bond company, like a bail bond except much bigger amounts, and get a loan against your wealth to pay the bond. In Trump's case, the problem is that he has a habit of overvaluing his properties. A bond company would have to be sure his collateral was big enough to cover the risk of his losing the case.

From the CNN article Charlz Guybon posted:

quote:

Underwriters typically want cash or easy to sell assets to back the bond, but if they were to accept property it could become more costly. For example, the bond issuer might want, say, $200 million worth of assets as collateral for a $100 million bond to account for the time and effort needed to sell the property, if the client loses an appeal...

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

In this particular example, Trump just lost a legal case in which the judge said explicitly that he lied about the value of his properties. Adds a degree of difficulty for the bond companies.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Stop, my grin can only get so big.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just checked, bit over two weeks in and the gofundme for trumps legal fees has made a whooping 1.3 million, and don't think it's really gone up much in the past week of that. Even if he was to see any of it -I still think it's pretty doubtful, no real salvation there.

The only thing I can really think of is if the Saudi's wanted to give him the money, and just gave him a loan through say Saudi National Bank which is partly government owned, with no expectations of getting the money back.

Question is what would they even get out of it. The Saudi government certainly seems far cooler on biden then trump, so maybe just the possibility of getting trump in again would be worth it.
In international relation terms between countries like the US and Saudi Arabia half a billion isn't exactly that much. Although does raise the question if someone of some group was looking to front him the money wouldn't they of done it yet? Trump certainly doesn't seem to be acting like he's expecting money to come through.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Main Paineframe posted:

It's functionally impossible to send half a billion dollars across international borders in less than thirty days, and Trump isn't worth that much money to anyone. 500 million is enough money to bribe the entire Senate and then some.

I have faith in the greed of our elected officials, and believe you'd get a decent number of hold outs if you're just waving 5 million a head around.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lammasu posted:

Wanting to gently caress a drider is the most heterosexual thing possible.

More like D-Rider

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Tesseraction posted:

Legendary own. One for the ages. I salute you, and mourn poor Beetus.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Professor Beetus posted:

Mods please give me some sort of probation for getting owned that hard, I deserve it

U either die the hero

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Zwabu posted:

Have you looked at the Freep thread? Trump might be able to shoot someone (dark skinned) on fifth avenue and face no repercussions from that base but being publicly owned by the King of the Arab Muslims isn’t going to fly with the racists bigots who are his core.

They want a world ending war in the Middle East between Christians and Muslims so they can finally join the rapture and be transported directly to heaven.

Independence
Jul 12, 2006

The Wriggler

Murgos posted:

Have you looked at the Freep thread? Trump might be able to shoot someone (dark skinned) on fifth avenue and face no repercussions from that base but being publicly owned by the King of the Arab Muslims isn’t going to fly with the racists bigots who are his core.

They want a world ending war in the Middle East between Christians and Muslims so they can finally join the rapture and be transported directly to heaven.

If DJT does it, they don't give a poo poo. It will literally be memoryholed or explained away the same as every other affront to criminal activity or moral failing.

It's baked in at this point that he is immune from criminal repercussions.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Independence posted:

If DJT does it, they don't give a poo poo. It will literally be memoryholed or explained away the same as every other affront to criminal activity or moral failing.

It's baked in at this point that he is immune from criminal repercussions.

I could totally see them explaining that away as Trumps 7d chess move to use the forces of satan against themselves but the reason they think Trump is a messiah is because he’s going to bring them to rapture. Specifically by a war on the plains of Geddo as described in the Bible.

This isn’t about criminal repercussions. This is about belief. And I think taking Mammons coin to save his material wealth is going to be problematic for that crowd.

In this thread we see it as completely rational and in character with all of Trumps other behaviors to publicly sell himself to the highest bidder to avoid consequences in exchange for blatant public corruption. But, those people don’t see the last 8 years this way.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 2, 2024

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gyges posted:

I have faith in the greed of our elected officials, and believe you'd get a decent number of hold outs if you're just waving 5 million a head around.

Every time people look at how much it costs to bribe an official it's shockingly low.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Every time people look at how much it costs to bribe an official it's shockingly low.

That's always what disappoints me.
Selling out for 5 million? I don't like it but at least I understand it.
Selling out for 5 grand? When you're a Senator or Mayor? WTF!? WHY!!!!???

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A lot of senators are ride or die for the NRA over like $10,000, pathetic

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

I do believe the argument that most of these people are already gun nuts and that the NRA (or whatever lobbying group for whatever cause) courts them over the idea that someone is bought for such a low amount (that they can only use on their campaign).

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gyges posted:

I've seen studies suggesting that a few hundred thousand bucks is usually enough to swing the vote of a member of Congress on any given issue.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Main Paineframe posted:

I've seen studies suggesting that a few hundred thousand bucks is usually enough to swing the vote of a member of Congress on any given issue.

We can't make the bribes campaign donations too costly, that would be bad for business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Saw the story about the "Trump Bucks" scam. we're soon going to be replacing the American currency with Trump Dollars (soon to be called Trumps) aren't we? Flashbacks to "Bison Dollars" from the Street Fighter movie.