Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

kill your idols posted:

How'd he get out of the cage? Death?

It was death or cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

We do not know if he could even be Lucifer's vessal now due to the poo poo he did last season. His blood was almost able to cure Crowley.

While both are called "demons", Crowley is a completely different type of supernatural being than Lucifer. Lucifer is one of the most powerful angels out there with only a few other beings on his level; Crowley is a souped up ghost. Just because Sam's blood could gently caress up Crowley doesn't mean that it would have any effect on Lucifer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

While both are called "demons", Crowley is a completely different type of supernatural being than Lucifer. Lucifer is one of the most powerful angels out there with only a few other beings on his level; Crowley is a souped up ghost. Just because Sam's blood could gently caress up Crowley doesn't mean that it would have any effect on Lucifer.

But Sam's body was prepped to carry Lucifer and if it wasn't then it would burn up like Jacobs. The rituals seem to have nulified that so if Lucifer goes back into the body it will just burn up.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho
A epic Lucy vs. Michael battle without anyone driving into the battle ground and being an rear end-butt would be kinda cool. It would make one of Dean's beatings look like a birthday party at McDonalds. It would fit well with him being one of the first to fall from Heaven.

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 9, 2013

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

kill your idols posted:

How'd he get out of the cage? Death?

Metatron's spell could have had implications beyond heaven. Maybe it was an "expelled to earth" spell for angels rather than an "expelled from heaven." Michael could have "fell to earth" from the cage.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

KilGrey posted:

No one would recognize each other. They all fell and scrambled to find meat suits. They are all new faces to each other.

I'm not sure that would matter though. Unless it was part of their "mojo" that was lost in the fall, we've seen angels recognize each other with no problem despite changing vessels. Castiel instantly recognized Raphael in a completely different vessel in season 6 and Samandriel even though he'd taken kind of an improvised/spur of the moment vessel at the time.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I loved the episode but it kind of gave me an ick feeling. How many times has Sam been possessed now? Meg, that kid, Lucifer and now this guy? He spent a long time without his soul too. And Sam really felt lovely about what he did while he wasn't in control, as well as went more than a little crazy after the Pit. Sam doesn't do guilt well. He wants to die specifically so he can save people from himself. Sam never wanted to hurt anyone. He wanted to save people and he ended up doing the opposite and the idea that he might do it again is obviously eating him up inside and has been for years.

So, yeah, Dean knowing full well that his brother wanted to die and stay dead so that Sam couldn't hurt anyone again, just let an angel jump into him. An angel Dean doesn't know and only has Cas' word, unseen, that he's a cool dude. Yeah, that little window into Dean's hosed up, "need Sam to live, don't care what the cost" view has creeped me out. Dean you are one hosed up piece of work. This is worse than selling your soul so Sam can live. This is selling Sam's body, and possibly soul depending on if Ezekiel is a decent guy, so he can live.

On the other hand, Ezekiel couldn't possibly be Lucifer, motherfucker was too smooth. We've seen Michael possess both John and Adam in very short amount of time with what seemed like a minimum of effort. If it's any big bad angel, he's got to be Michael. Sam would've died before Lucifer conned his way into his sweet, sweet meatsuit.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
How would an angel not recognise Michael? He wasn't exactly an obscure angel no one knew before the whole Apocalypse thing, the archangels -- so he and Raphael -- ran Heaven. That said, I don't trust Ezekiel in the slightest. If something seems too good to be true...

After Metatron it's even harder to believe that he's legit. We don't know who he (? no reason it couldn't be a female angel I guess) is or what his agenda is.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Idunn posted:

no reason it couldn't be a female angel I guess

do supernatural angels even have gender beyond that of their hosts?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hangedman1984 posted:

do supernatural angels even have gender beyond that of their hosts?

Michael and Lucifer were brothers, it sounds like they have a set gender but can inhabit different hosts (e.g., Raphael).

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I actually trust Ezekiel and think he is who he says he is. I think it's time they had an angel on their side that wasn't Cas. Especially with every other angel after them.

I could also be blinded by my love for Helo but I'm okay with that. God drat is that man gorgeous. :allears:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I think Zeke is who he says he is too. Also, I think I'm going to call him Zeke because it's easier.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

KilGrey posted:

I actually trust Ezekiel and think he is who he says he is. I think it's time they had an angel on their side that wasn't Cas. Especially with every other angel after them.

It'll be interesting to see how he stacks up against Abaddon.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thinkk ezekiel was hurt because he got his rear end kicked by the other angel that Dean stabbed. His vessel might not have been up to holding him at full power, and getting smacked around probably didn't help much.

All the other angels we see in the episode are either together, or just not fighting. Cept for Hael, cause god drat did she go all overly attached angel pretty quick. IT'S OK, WE GO SEE THE CANYON I MADE AND THEN I CAN GET ALL UP INSIDE YOU. TRUST ME :stonklol:

That being said, I will not gasp in shock if it turns out SOMEONE LIED on the show, cause holy poo poo that's like a record to have the whole bro vs bro lying start in the season opener.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

It'll be interesting to see how he stacks up against Abaddon.

An angel should be able to give Abaddon swirlies in Hell's toilet, but we don't really know what the wingless angels are capable of. We know that they can't teleport anymore, that they still have their swords, and are super strong but not a whole lot past that. Ezekiel also may be weaker than normal between holding Sam together and what exactly got him so beat up.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
We're so used to Cas being all about the free will that it's easy to forget that most other angels absolutely crave guidance and direction. For many of them to suddenly be alone with no mandate to follow, would be absolutely terrifying. They're scared and angry.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I also assume that most would not want to be like Cas since he killed a shitload of them

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Is Sam still extra pure or whatever from his rituals? Even if he didn't complete the last, between that and having an angel in him should make even Abadon think twice.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Can't abbadon only be killed by arch angels? I can see her matching angels,
Especially now that they've lost their mojo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, the only archangels left are Lucifer and Michael, and both of them are out of the way at the moment.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yea, the only archangels left are Lucifer and Michael, and both of them are out of the way at the moment.

It's possible Gabriel is still alive as well. He very easily could have faked his own death again.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Lawlicaust posted:

It's possible Gabriel is still alive as well. He very easily could have faked his own death again.

We can only hope! :allears:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Lawlicaust posted:

If we get Gabriel's triumphant return this season every sin in the world they committed at the beginning of last season will be forgiven.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That was a really good season premiere. Bobby, Death and Helo all in the same episode was great, the angel that clocked Cas was...creepy to say the least.

I hope that they didn't just cast Helo for the premiere; it would be nice for him to stick around or at least come back at some point.

Crowley in the trunk was amazing.

I'm really looking forward to what's coming this season.

Oh god please let Gabriel return.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
They open the trunk and out pops Gabriel, just to gently caress with them.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Writer Cath posted:

They open the trunk and out pops Gabriel, just to gently caress with them.

Gabriel was actually Crowley the entire time.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am not sure what to think about this episode, everything just felt like a repeat, i am getting really sick of one brother almost dying, so that the other brother has to do something dumb, and we already had a full season of something being inside Sam that he is not supposed to know about. I liked the new status of the Angels, i am just hoping the rest of the season doesn't feel so stale.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
They should do a spin-off with the Ghostfacers accidentally starting another apocalypse or hell, just trying to actually hunt things or be competent at finding ghosts. Seriously guys, the Winchesters find ghosts left and right and you saw a lamp move once? Weak. I would watch the gently caress out of that spin-off. Sam and Dean could drop in every few seasons to facepalm. Just imagine the theme song. :3: Ghost-facers!

Gabriel should show up just to prove that everything since Mystery Spot was an elaborate troll. "And that's why you never lie to your brother." Stabs self, fakes death.

satchel
Apr 6, 2007
Whoever ye be think of me and the sea
I think the Ghostfacers are coming back this season, so we all have that to look forward to.

Has anyone seen this yet?

http://cwseed.com/shows/gallery-mallory/?play=94b2f233-b4c2-48ad-b823-1182bb6dc17a

It's... interesting, I guess.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Does anyone have a .gif of the title animation? Those burning angel wings around the Supernatural logo are just too badass to pass up.

Actually, .gifs of any of the stylized titles from past seasons would be awesome, too. :black101:

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Sam being tricked into letting an angel possess him pretty much invalidates season 5's entire story.

I went into the season with zero expectations and somehow still came away from the episode disappointed. They aren't even trying to mix it up, just repeat the same storyline over and over.

I imagine it's hard in the writing room when you have 173 episodes where it's the same two characters but on the other hand that's the way it is because that's the way they write it when they kill off every interesting friend/partner.

It's a miracle that Misha Collins managed to stick around this long and now that he's off on his own maybe we'll get a new story line that doesn't involve the two brothers lying to each other, eventually telling each other the truth while one of them looks at the other like he's straining to take a poo poo.

Actually nevermind, there's too many other shows on right now that do everything Supernatural does but better and without circular storywriting.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 11, 2013

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Vicissitude posted:

Does anyone have a .gif of the title animation? Those burning angel wings around the Supernatural logo are just too badass to pass up.

Actually, .gifs of any of the stylized titles from past seasons would be awesome, too. :black101:

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Title_Card#Season_Nine

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Midnight City posted:

Sam being tricked into letting an angel possess him pretty much invalidates season 5's entire story.

I went into the season with zero expectations and somehow still came away from the episode disappointed. They aren't even trying to mix it up, just repeat the same storyline over and over.

I imagine it's hard in the writing room when you have 173 episodes where it's the same two characters but on the other hand that's the way it is because that's the way they write it when they kill off every interesting friend/partner.

It's a miracle that Misha Collins managed to stick around this long and now that he's off on his own maybe we'll get a new story line that doesn't involve the two brothers lying to each other, eventually telling each other the truth while one of them looks at the other like he's straining to take a poo poo.

Actually nevermind, there's too many other shows on right now that do everything Supernatural does but better and without circular storywriting.

Hey, this is a more bitter version of me from seasons 5-8.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Was Taters posted:

Hey, this is a more bitter version of me from seasons 5-8.

It's like an abusive relationship. First I love it, then it treats me so badly, then I give it another chance before it keeps hurting me only for me to realize in the end it's my fault for putting up with it.

drat you and your dreamy eyes Misha Collins.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Midnight City posted:

It's like an abusive relationship. First I love it, then it treats me so badly, then I give it another chance before it keeps hurting me only for me to realize in the end it's my fault for putting up with it.

Clearly not a Glee fan.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I for one was pretty disappointed that after all these world-wide shenanigans, from the Apocalypse nearly happening to Angels falling from the sky by the thousands, the world at large still has no idea that the supernatural is real. I left Season 8 hoping that goddamn celestial beings dropping down into peoples streets would open up a brand new world for the brothers to navigate where mankind is no longer oblivious to everything around them.

It wouldn't even have to be a big deal. They wouldn't need to show worldwide panic and people flocking to churches in droves. Just next time someone runs into a beastie and Sam'n'Dean show up and explain it have that person go "Oh...yeah. I guess after the Divine Meteor Shower, Vampires don't seem all that out there.."

But instead we're stuck with Hunters still being the only people in existence that don't have their heads up their asses.

Also, as a side note, I was thinking the other day about all the legendary beings the brothers have ran in to and killed either directly or indirectly. If someone was still writing their tales then most every major God or Divine Being's entire life history ends with "And then they met Sam and Dean Winchester."

Esroc fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 11, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Esroc posted:

I for one was pretty disappointed that after all these world-wide shenanigans, from the Apocalypse nearly happening to Angels falling from the sky by the thousands, the world at large still has no idea that the supernatural is real. I left Season 8 hoping that goddamn celestial beings dropping down into peoples streets would open up a brand new world for the brothers to navigate where mankind is no longer oblivious to everything around them.

It wouldn't even have to be a big deal. They wouldn't need to show worldwide panic and people flocking to churches in droves. Just next time someone runs into a beastie and Sam'n'Dean show up and explain it have that person go "Oh...yeah. I guess after the Divine Meteor Shower, Vampires don't seem all that out there.."

But instead we're stuck with Hunters still being the only people in existence that don't have their heads up their asses.

Also, as a side note, I was thinking the other day about all the legendary beings the brothers have ran in to and killed either directly or indirectly. If someone was still writing their tales then most every major God or Divine Being's entire life history ends with "And then they met Sam and Dean Winchester."

Cognitive Dissonance. People really, really don't want to believe bad things are real so they invent reasons why they aren't. It's also safe to assume that the governments of the world have been doing some pretty big damage control.

And to be fair about the gods thing, quite a few of their life history ends with "And then they met Lucifer." Because he killed a room full of them.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
I find the love/hate level for this show so easy to brush off after watching True Blood every year. I find it easy to just enjoy the jokes and cobbled together mythology of the show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm very glad the ratings are up. Woo season 10 :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Lawlicaust posted:

Cognitive Dissonance. People really, really don't want to believe bad things are real so they invent reasons why they aren't. It's also safe to assume that the governments of the world have been doing some pretty big damage control.

Also all the hunters, including Sam and Dean, spend a lot of time trying to cover everything up so we can all live in blissful ignorance.

• Locked thread