Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

mlmp08 posted:

Where are you playing from? I had a few weird issues between patches a week or two back, but everything's been smooth for me lately.

Southeastern United States, connecting to US server. The connection errors started with this most recent patch and have been steadily increasing in frequency to the point where I'm now getting an error at least every one in three matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Does the game just take the first game controller device it finds as your joystick? I have a PS4 plugged in as well as the new Logitech Extreeeeeeeme 3d pro (my order from the deal upthread got cancelled :(), and it keeps picking up the PS4 only. (I could unplug it, yes, but :effort: if there's a menu option I haven't found.)

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
:v: 'Panther is poo poo and T-34/85 is just better in every way, russian bias!'

Checking pubbies stat-card reveals, to nobodies suprise, that the pubbie has not touched any of those two tanks yet. But all the other pubbies join in his song about the anti-german bias.

Those people always get me to the brink of quitting the german tech-tree. Not because the tanks suck, but because the players playing them are horrible. :smithicide:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh god it's been a decade since i used a joystick, aiming is hard, help

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Digging the new OP! Need to start playing planes again. I miss boom'n'zooming in my BF109s. Tanks have stolen all my playtime.

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

Feindfeuer posted:

:v: 'Panther is poo poo and T-34/85 is just better in every way, russian bias!'

Checking pubbies stat-card reveals, to nobodies suprise, that the pubbie has not touched any of those two tanks yet. But all the other pubbies join in his song about the anti-german bias.

Those people always get me to the brink of quitting the german tech-tree. Not because the tanks suck, but because the players playing them are horrible. :smithicide:

Careful, the stats cards are super unreliable and report completely incorrect data constantly.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Muslim Wookie posted:

Careful, the stats cards are super unreliable and report completely incorrect data constantly.

Than let's hope for him that the card reported all of his stats incorrectly, cause even if he had a Panther... if he used it like his other tanks (according to said inccorect stat card) I have an idea where he gets the impression about the 'horrible' panther... and it has nothing to do with the actual tank.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Welp, 3 connection errors in a row. Game's obviously telling me to go do something else for a while :v:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
New patch isn't letting me queue for Japan RB at all, this fuckin blows

E:I can't queue for RB at all, the gently caress is going on here

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

offensive is a relative term, all the nazi's playing the game dont think they are a big deal

indeed, it's part of the why this has arced me up. Would they have banned Christian Wookie? Bhuddist Wookie? What if I had a bad experience with horses as a child and found the word "Bronco" offensive, would the GM be obligated to change his name? It's ridiculous.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Get out of World War 2 and check out modern flight sims right now at the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/kalleerikvahakyla/

Cletus Van Damme
May 7, 2008

Wanna buy some cheap starships?
If anybody has been on the fence about getting into flying SB now is the time. Tons of people who have obviously never flown sb before are trying out it out when their tanks get killed. I just had a match where the majority of all players took a shot at flying during the match at some point and I was the only one to get a single air kill. Your biggest challenge is killing them before the AAA or the ground does first.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

Get out of World War 2 and check out modern flight sims right now at the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/kalleerikvahakyla/

You know, I'd love a modern flight sim if they weren't all too drat spergtastic to enjoy. I remember the good old days of games like Janes ATF when I could fly fun airplanes with reasonably realistic modeling with reasonably realistic missiles (for the time at least) and not have to learn 9872597597 switches just to take off. I want a modern-day War Thunder-ish game where I can just skip to the fun bit of flying around shooting at things.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The flaming cliffs pack for DCS is what you're looking for. One button push start and you can shoot people about 5 minutes later.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Tenchrono posted:

The flaming cliffs pack for DCS is what you're looking for. One button push start and you can shoot people about 5 minutes later.

I have the Black Shark module, which is one of the super realistic ones, and you don't have to do the manual startup if you don't want to. Just hit Winkey-Home and it will do the whole sequence for you. It takes 3 minutes, but you can just time compress past it, or do missions where you start in the air.

Here's the DCS thread.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
This game loving owns. Combined arms loving owns. One of the most amazing things about this game is how extremely well the plane controls work with just a mouse and keyboard. I didn't think it was possible.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

YellerBill posted:

Welp, 3 connection errors in a row. Game's obviously telling me to go do something else for a while :v:

Same poo poo happens to me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Token Cracker posted:

This game loving owns. Combined arms loving owns. One of the most amazing things about this game is how extremely well the plane controls work with just a mouse and keyboard. I didn't think it was possible.

D'you know what, after loving around to nearly zero success I'm getting the impression that it's the opposite: joystick is at something of a disadvantage in this game in anything that isn't sim mode.

Not that I'm an expert or anything, and granted I haven't used a joystick in a decade (and that didn't have rollyaw gently caress I KEEP GETTING IT WRONG), but still this poo poo is hard.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Once unlocking the T34 L11 I've had nothing but game after game of blowout wins in SB, often 7-9 kills with zero deaths in 6v6 games.

Is the T34 L11 truly an unstoppable god tank? Eventually I'll have my Germany leveled up and be on the other end of the barrel, and need to know how to take them down.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Muslim Wookie posted:

indeed, it's part of the why this has arced me up. Would they have banned Christian Wookie? Bhuddist Wookie? What if I had a bad experience with horses as a child and found the word "Bronco" offensive, would the GM be obligated to change his name? It's ridiculous.

they actually banned you because you spelled wookiee wrong.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Beans posted:

Once unlocking the T34 L11 I've had nothing but game after game of blowout wins in SB, often 7-9 kills with zero deaths in 6v6 games.

Is the T34 L11 truly an unstoppable god tank? Eventually I'll have my Germany leveled up and be on the other end of the barrel, and need to know how to take them down.

When I switched from russian to german tanks I had to stop aiming at the center mass because that bounces on t-34s. go for headshots, the turrets are deliciously soft until you get to the t-44.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The ability to hop from tank to plane to tank is really cool. I had some KV-2 in front of my tank that I couldn't quite kill, but disabled constantly while he incompetently plugged away at me with stupid bloop-shells he didn't know how to aim. Eventually I was flanked by two T-34s. Cue me spawning back into the game in a bomber, killing both T-34s and the KV-2, getting shot down by one of their reincarnations in a fighter, then capping the victory point in my last tank iteration. Combined Arms is kind of weird/wonky, but fun as all hell.

Ciaphas posted:

D'you know what, after loving around to nearly zero success I'm getting the impression that it's the opposite: joystick is at something of a disadvantage in this game in anything that isn't sim mode.

Not that I'm an expert or anything, and granted I haven't used a joystick in a decade (and that didn't have rollyaw gently caress I KEEP GETTING IT WRONG), but still this poo poo is hard.

tl;dr: Didn't read the OP.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

tl;dr: Didn't read the OP.

he didnt read the OP in the last thread either, we told him exactly that already

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

How many rubles do I have to slip Gaijin to get a ramjet-equipped Chaika in the game?

:ssh: I know they didn't increase performance that much and it was always an experimental aircraft, but drat if it doesn't look like hot death

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

I would pay money for this. Even if it got terrible BR and it's performance sucked, the amount of bitching it would create would be worth it.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I would pay money for this. Even if it got terrible BR and it's performance sucked, the amount of bitching it would create would be worth it.
The Other Game already has it, so this is exceedingly unlikely.

Now the Italian P.108 with the anti-shipping howitzer would be nice, especially once there's boats to sink.

AceRimmer fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 31, 2014

daert1
Nov 11, 2012

I have seen things that you people cannot imagine,
Thunt crying on an unposted blog,
An otter drawn by a madman,
A she-beast screeching on the moon in June,
All lost, like GeoCities in rain
time to die
:suicide:
Just played a domination arcade match in Sicily, killed two ground targets with 16 100 lbs bombs and then listlessly flew around for ten minutes with nothing else to bomb.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

daert1 posted:

Just played a domination arcade match in Sicily, killed two ground targets with 16 100 lbs bombs and then listlessly flew around for ten minutes with nothing else to bomb.

There's this thing you can do in arcade matches, called ejecting and getting into a fighter, that can help you with that problem. If it was a problem, and not some weird brag.

daert1
Nov 11, 2012

I have seen things that you people cannot imagine,
Thunt crying on an unposted blog,
An otter drawn by a madman,
A she-beast screeching on the moon in June,
All lost, like GeoCities in rain
time to die
:suicide:

Unreal_One posted:

There's this thing you can do in arcade matches, called ejecting and getting into a fighter, that can help you with that problem. If it was a problem, and not some weird brag.

I actually didn't see that option. :eng99:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

daert1 posted:

I actually didn't see that option. :eng99:

Hold j or slam into the ground.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Shine posted:

I have the Black Shark module, which is one of the super realistic ones, and you don't have to do the manual startup if you don't want to. Just hit Winkey-Home and it will do the whole sequence for you. It takes 3 minutes, but you can just time compress past it, or do missions where you start in the air.

Here's the DCS thread.

It's usually faster to just do it manually, especially for the A-10. You can start the alignment right after you turn the APU generator on, whereas the autostart waits until the engines are on. Also once you learn how to start up one thing, they're all pretty much the same.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Muslim Wookie posted:

It's all subjective and completely unfair and there's loads of nazi's named Erich Hartmann and other great names but you have to assume these days that they can take literally anything as offensive. Also if you think about it "Muslim Wookie" can be seen to be kind of racist quite easily.

The other dumb thing is that the GM's only ban someone for their name when they see them using it - anything goes up until someone reports you or you get unlucky and kill a GM. The sensible thing would be for them to disallow all those names from the start.

Also they're Russians who don't want a stink kicked up on foreign games websites about how they're a safe haven for nazi's and racists to come together and relive their favourite historical person's time :godwinning:.

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 31, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Muslim Wookie posted:

They did not actually ban your entire account from the game, right? They just said "Hey stupid, cut that poo poo out."

Because if so...yeah, grow a pairs and keep playing because it's a fun game.

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
Cut what poo poo out? It's a nick name that comes from being in a clan where we were all [Religion] Wookie, and I'm sorry you're some robot that thinks it's impossible to be attached to a nick. Additionally, one of the GMs had replied to me in General Chat pretty consistently since I first logged on - it's just some jerk in the last few days that can't take getting shot down and so chooses to do a false report.

So no, not "cut that poo poo out". I'll take my money back and change my name by way of registering a new account under a different name if I feel the itch to play again.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

I think this guy may have been a bit out of his league.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Muslim Wookie posted:

Cut what poo poo out? It's a nick name that comes from being in a clan where we were all [Religion] Wookie, and I'm sorry you're some robot that thinks it's impossible to be attached to a nick. Additionally, one of the GMs had replied to me in General Chat pretty consistently since I first logged on - it's just some jerk in the last few days that can't take getting shot down and so chooses to do a false report.

So no, not "cut that poo poo out". I'll take my money back and change my name by way of registering a new account under a different name if I feel the itch to play again.

Did you purchase GE/Steam packs? If you take the cash back, Steam will ban you by the way.

If it's from Gaijin's store, who cares I guess?

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
At least you don't have to pay GE to get a name changed.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

SkySteak posted:

I think this guy may have been a bit out of his league.

The tank bots are always the same no matter the BR of the match, so, yeah?

e: nevermind me, I was reading the kill feed. Probably brought in a nice plane by accident.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Yeah I saw a T-26 when I was fooling around with the KV-2 in sim battles.

I need to start watching the replays and make a 152mm montage, that gun is the best. Karelia really is the best map for that tank as well if you just go down the narrow corridors where enemy tanks keep rolling up in front of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Did they radically improve the mouse-controlls in SB? I had my stick unplugged and was hopping into my Hs 129 after my first panther respawn.... and the controls were easy and intuitive. I remember them beeing horrible and a nightmare the last time I tried them shortly after open beta (planes) release. Flying with mouse in SB is almost as easy as flying with mouse in RB. Just a slightly different control sheme.

Still didn't manage to hit anything with the Bordkanone 7.5cm, but that's me beeing bad at hitting things while AAA is trying to murder me and shaking me around.

• Locked thread