Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Third World Reggin posted:

You need a few things to turn them into power houses.

Yuan shi who for 4 mana can do 4 damage to everyone anywhere and gets exhausted for a turn
The dude that gives 4 health to everyone of your guys for 3 mana and gets exhausted for a turn
And if you can swing it, there is another guy who makes sure your defensive zone cycles and then everyone gets healed for 2 at the very end

Bonus for every chef which heals everything except for their selves for 1.

People have about 4 or 5 turns to kill you before you forget what you are doing and wall up.

Even without the first two of those I'm running a fairly okay Descendants/Sleepers deck. I really like that one dude who is always permanently forced to be in the Defense Zone, he really helps dealing with early-game rush strategies if you put him in your command zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
Just started playing. Add PeepTheKD to the list of IGNs.

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

This looks interesting, I'd play if I could actually make an account. Apparently since the last patch it's an issue.

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
I had the same issue. You have to go the main site to make one.

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Brain Fog posted:

I had the same issue. You have to go the main site to make one.

Tried that too, no good. Didn't get the invalid country issue rather this was heap of uh stuff that basically said things were borked.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
I tried making an account last night, but it didn't work. Then I tried this morning and it worked fine. Both through the game client. Just keep trying, I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neif posted:

Tried that too, no good. Didn't get the invalid country issue rather this was heap of uh stuff that basically said things were borked.
I got that a couple of times. Just keep trying, yeah.

Gotta wonder how many potential players the borked account creation has turned off.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

You can create an account on their website then use the account creation in the client if it's not working.

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 15, 2014

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Also on their website the registration uses yyyy-mm-dd format. Not sure why they didn't list that.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

You need a few things to turn them into power houses.

Yuan shi who for 4 mana can do 4 damage to everyone anywhere and gets exhausted for a turn
The dude that gives 4 health to everyone of your guys for 3 mana and gets exhausted for a turn
And if you can swing it, there is another guy who makes sure your defensive zone cycles and then everyone gets healed for 2 at the very end

Bonus for every chef which heals everything except for their selves for 1.

People have about 4 or 5 turns to kill you before you forget what you are doing and wall up.

Throw in that dude who re-writes history and then press end turn to victory :v:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Here you go. Patch notes don't seem to pop up in game. I'll see if I can be assed to keep tabs on them for you, but they come pretty loving fast and furious. There's been like 5 in as many days.

quote:

Hotfix 1.2 Notes Part 3
Hey everyone,

Here are the notes about today's hotfix. There's an important piece surrounding balance changes that Poga has written at the bottom, please take a look.

Card and Balance Changes

• Cassial has been changed to a 4 / 10 to better allow her to take a hit for the team.
• Defensive Perimeter’s effect has been changed to “Pay 2, Exhaust: Deal 2 damage to all Characters in the opponent's Assault Zone.” (Previously targeted a single character.)
• Duelist’s power has been reduced down to 5, from 6.
• Grounded Angel has been brought down to a 7 / 6 for 2 cost.
• Heralding all those Champions has really helped Champions Herald buff up and now has 5 Health.
• Noble Protector has been changed to now protects all characters in the same zone as him (previously protected all characters on the battlefield if also on the battlefield).
• Orion’s Grave has had its base cost increased by 1, but the amount of resources it takes away when played reduced by 1.
• Rite of Rage can no longer target Artificial Characters (Sorry Martyr Golem).
• Shikana, Who Demands Tribute’s effect now resolves at the end of the turn, rather than at the start.
• Thunder Apprentice will now only trigger when it hits the enemy fortress.

General and Card Fixes

• Addressed a memory leak issue when opening lots of packs.
• Chat will now properly scroll to the bottom of the window when opened.
• Fixed a bug which would cause the game to no longer accept input if an ability targeted a Recurring Nightmare that was in the graveyard.
• Fixed Omnimind so that it properly removed the resources from the player when activated.
• Ju-Lin, Who Rewrites History will now properly display his Chapters.
• Platinum foils should now properly have an effect when received in the pack opening.
• The Options screen no longer incorrectly states the game is in Beta.
• The text in the Trade screen should now render properly
• Spirit of the Serpent’s artist credit is now properly attributed to Pat Boiteux.
• Warped Swarmer no longer triggers off of sacrifice effects.

Balance Update Pre-Ranked.

As we move closer to letting the Order set loose on the ranked ladders, we are taking to time to observe how players are reacting to their new toys. The following post will outline why we made some of the balance changes in the latest pre-ranked patch, for the full list of patch notes click here.

Orion’s Grave / 3 cost
When you play Orion's Grave, your maximum resources are reduced by 1. Your Genesis Industries Cards cost 1 less to play, to a minimum of 1.

We always intended this card to trade tempo for strength later in the game, but the reduction of 2 maximum resources has shown itself to be too drastic. As such we have reduced the maximum resource reduction down to 1, but increased the base cost of the Artifact by 1 to compensate.

Thunder Apprentice
When Thunder Apprentice deals damage to a fortress, a Lightning Blast card is created in your Hand.

The ability to brute force your Thunder Apprentices into other defenders to gain Lightning Blasts proved too powerful and consistent. To counter this we have restricted the trigger to only direct attacks against a fortress. You'll now have to use your removal (or the threat of) to clear the way before getting your free cards.

Rite of Rage
Prevent any non-combat damage target non-Artificial Character would take this turn. That target gains power and health equal to any damage prevented.

While we have seen multiple combos with this card and we love that, but the ability to play a Martyr Golem and then Rite of Rage on top of it out of nowhere proved too crazy. Find a way of removing Artificial from Martyr Golem and he is all yours but until then we will all have to go without 100/100 damage sponges.

Noble Protector
Characters in the same zone as Noble Protector cannot take non-combat damage from effects your opponent's control.

One thing we have been working towards are reasons to have multiples of the same utility card on the field at once. We felt Noble Protector fit into this category perfectly so now he can be used to protect whatever zone he is in. Multiple Protectors, multiple protected zones, even a bullet proof(ish) Command Zone is yours if you so desire.

Shikana, Who Demands Tribute
At the start of the turn, sacrifice a Character other than Shikana. If you do not, Shikana becomes exhausted, and at the end of the turn she will kill all Characters on the Battlefield and leave the game.

Oh Shikana, what to do with you? When Shikana was first created back in IW2013 the game was still in early alpha. We were just learning to create these cards and the rules that they should abide by. Due to this Shikana was created with unintended weaknesses that were quickly discovered by the community.

1. You could kill the sacrifice target before the ability resolved, or 2. You could kill Shikana herself. Although both of these counters could only be pulled off if you had initiative.

And for the longest time, these unintended weaknesses were the only things stopping us from taking her down a notch or two. But with the resolution refinement earlier this year, these weaknesses have been rendered almost mute, so we needed to take another look.

Instead of returning both her sacrifice and board wipe mechanic to the ability resolution phase (which would have to be done with some pretty awkward wording and coding, and honestly the heavy reliance on initiative allowed players to nullify the weaknesses anyway) we chose to keep the sacrifice more or less uncounterable, at the start of the turn, while moving the board wipe aspect to the end phase, giving the opponent, regardless of initiative, the entire turn to deal with her.

We feel that this change brings Shikana back to a level of power that we are comfortable with for a factionless card while simplifying her resolutions, and making her more understandable to newer players who might not be so versed in the finer aspects of initiative abuse.

Defensive Perimeter
Pay 2, Exhaust: Deal 2 damage to all Characters in the opponent's Assault Zone.

We felt that both Defensive Perimeter and Cottontail were both serving the same purpose. So we brought Defensive Perimeter down in cost and fitting it with some splash damage, to further distance itself from Cottontail.

Grounded Angel / 2 Cost / 7 Power / 5 Health

A drop in power and cost allows Grounded Angel to better populate the field before being enhanced by your choice of Champion.

Cassial / 4 Power / 10 Health

More defensive stats better allows Cassial to take a hit for the team.

Champion’s Herald / 5 Health

As one of the main utility cards of the new Champion mechanic, and in turn the Overseers as a whole, we felt that Champion’s Herald could do with some beefing up, now your opponent will have to invest 2 Lightning Blasts

Duelist / 5 Power.

This card was bordering on straight up power creep, and we felt knocking her power down by 1 made her more reasonable, without removing her core appeal, of having 2 of the best abilities around.
Source here.

Q: Hotfix 1.2 Notes Part 3?
A: Numbers work differently in Australia. This is probably the third hotfix to version 1.2, but we'll need a translator to be sure.

Q: Shikana was nerfed?
A: It's supposed to give your opponents a way to deal with Shikana instead of losing all their dudes, but that door swings both ways. Effects that let your guys survive death, and effects that let you pull opponents out on the battlefield will work wonders with Shikana now.

Q: Sup with the LP store and account creation?
A: Probably still a mess. The December 11th update was supposed to fix the store, but something went wrong. Apparently the client is having trouble with the Steam API. It's been a problem since they added unicode support. This could be why account creation has been hosed up too. If you start the client from the steamapps folder, you're pretty much playing the non-steam version, which let's you pay with Paypal and shouldn't have account creation problems.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 17, 2014

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Are they going to fix all the UI bugs and freezes? I'm just coming back to the game after a couple of months of not playing it and the game feels even more jankity than it did. Constantly I have windows, frames, pictures, pretty much everyt aspect of the UI freak out, gently caress up, and straight up disappear, all on top of the frequent freezes when connecting to other players and resolving turns. Like, the game is straight up more broken than it was.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The UI is a huge problem still, and the latest round of patches broke a lot of things. Wish they'd just hire a UI/UX person and get it done right. I can already hear Teremus telling me they are but a small dev :xd:

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Edit: Finally made an account. Wooh

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 17, 2014

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Someone conceded a constructed game immediately after I used Zuza to steal the Infected Drone they'd been buffing. Zuza was in my commander zone, why wouldn't you just look at my commander zone??

I'm a bit conflicted about this game. Yeah, it doesn't feel horribly pay-to-win like you see with moving up ranks in Hearthstone, but it does feel hard to shift your deck in the directions you want. You get a mass of cards after finishing the tutorials and campaigns, but the commander system makes individual cards very important to your deck composition and overall strategy. I feel inclined to log in daily and play a few games just for the free rewards in the hope of getting a cool rare or rare+ or rare++, rather than really grind away with a deck that I would eventually get burned out on.

Also I wish that perfectly-curved-pink-sexy-face would stop staring at me constantly and make me go to another window when someone else is around.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 17, 2014

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Are the factions balanced in this? Or are there some stronger and weaker ones?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Megasabin posted:

Are the factions balanced in this? Or are there some stronger and weaker ones?

They're MOSTLY balanced, with the only exception being that Exiles are a still a little on the weak side and Overseers are arguably a little too strong. Other than that, the balance is pretty good. And you can still totally run an Exiles deck and do alright, it'll just take more effort than the other factions.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Donnerberg posted:

If you get the Calamity in your hand, you'll want to boost your resources up to 11 ahead of time in preparation. Since you have to use the 9 cost thing once to actually do that, your best bet is to first play the book that wipes the board after 3 turns. Your opponent will be less likely to play character cards on turn 2 or 3 of the book being out, and that's when you have your window to spend 9 resources without lagging behind in the arms race.

Hey thanks for responding. Turns out I just had a bugged game instance so the three times I tried to use the trading post that session all failed but once I restarted the game it worked.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This game is solid. Real solid. I am so far up my own rear end with TCG nostalgia feels that I'll never be normal again. If you were on the fence, and have some time during the holidays, check this out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Now that they added side boards it is much more balanced than before.

It is pretty solid.

One gimmick decks just break down if you got their anti gimmick so a single minded deck really lets you know if you are going to win early on or not.

The trick is to have two gimmicks.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Yeah. The most prevalent gimmicks I've met are commanders that either deal global damage or give all their dudes more HP. You should have a few Assassinates and Firebolts in your sideboard to handle annoying commanders, and some mass removal cards against their armies. I wouldn't go hog wild on things like that in the main deck unless your build specifically relies on it.

Keep in mind that you can go the other way with your sideboard too. You could fill your deck with poo poo, and then move 12 unnecessary cards into your sideboard for round two.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've heard from a few people that the top tier ranked play is favouring Flame Dawn these days, which is why Noble Protector got the big ole nerf. Something else I learned is that the "Last Sleeper" card from this set was indeed the last sleeper card they are making as that faction is being retired.

I recently made a triple purity Genesis artifact deck (Thanks Drinkfist). It's held up pretty drat well so far. Really puts a stop to Verore or Dragon stall decks nicely but has problems with Overseers or fast decks in general unless I get lucky.

Kazvall posted:

This game is solid. Real solid. I am so far up my own rear end with TCG nostalgia feels that I'll never be normal again. If you were on the fence, and have some time during the holidays, check this out.

That card feel is what got me playing and kept me interested. For some reason it's the only dTCG that feels like I'm collecting and trading cards. I know a lot of people forget about that aspect of the game

MrBims posted:

I'm a bit conflicted about this game. Yeah, it doesn't feel horribly pay-to-win like you see with moving up ranks in Hearthstone, but it does feel hard to shift your deck in the directions you want. You get a mass of cards after finishing the tutorials and campaigns, but the commander

Would you consider any other TCG (Physical or Digital) to be pay 2 win? The reason I ask is that one of the main reasons to get into any trading card game is to collect cards (for me at least) andto make decks. By that same logic MtG could be considered P2W.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Stanley Pain posted:

I've heard from a few people that the top tier ranked play is favouring Flame Dawn these days, which is why Noble Protector got the big ole nerf. Something else I learned is that the "Last Sleeper" card from this set was indeed the last sleeper card they are making as that faction is being retired.

What? Sleepers are being retired? Goddammit, they're my favorite faction!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

What? Sleepers are being retired? Goddammit, they're my favorite faction!

New factions will replace the ones that rotate out. They might come back later, and they'll always be available in the same mode as the Star Trek cards. They're thinking about doing the same thing with card sets if it makes sense when they have more sets out. I guess it leaves them more room to create other mechanics if they don't have to worry about older ones.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Stanley Pain posted:

Would you consider any other TCG (Physical or Digital) to be pay 2 win? The reason I ask is that one of the main reasons to get into any trading card game is to collect cards (for me at least) andto make decks. By that same logic MtG could be considered P2W.

I say Hearthstone is pay-to-win because the matchmaking in that game inevitably steers good-but-free players into facing overly efficient and game-changing legendaries like Ragnaros, Sylvanas and Alexstraza every match. Doing your daily quests in that game can get hard unless you tank your rating by losing over and over.

I say Infinity Wars is not pay-to-win from what I've played of it, but the three levels of rares and the importance that cards can have by being commanders makes me feel like getting a specific style of deck I want for free would take months and months.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrBims posted:

I say Hearthstone is pay-to-win because the matchmaking in that game inevitably steers good-but-free players into facing overly efficient and game-changing legendaries like Ragnaros, Sylvanas and Alexstraza every match. Doing your daily quests in that game can get hard unless you tank your rating by losing over and over.

I say Infinity Wars is not pay-to-win from what I've played of it, but the three levels of rares and the importance that cards can have by being commanders makes me feel like getting a specific style of deck I want for free would take months and months.

I agree hearthstone definitely pushes you towards spending money to actually play the game/compete whereas IW seems to push you to buy packs because the cards are fun to collect, look great and hits that collectable bone. I was honestly just curious about the use of the term P2W in a trading card game mostly because that term is throw around very loosely these days as well as IW being one of the only dTCG that feels like a trading card game. Probably hits that old MtG bone too for me :)

Let's say for example that MtG gave you a complete deck or two for free and then you had to buy boosters, would that game be considered P2W? (This isn't directed at anyone in particular).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Does morale loss after having no cards left to draw not take effect if you are at 10 or less morale? Just had a campaign match where I was at 1 morale with no cards to draw for like 10 turns.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kazvall posted:

Does morale loss after having no cards left to draw not take effect if you are at 10 or less morale? Just had a campaign match where I was at 1 morale with no cards to draw for like 10 turns.

Things in the campaign act wonky from what I've noticed.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Things in the campaign act wonky from what I've noticed.

Well that's good because it allowed me to win.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Kazvall posted:

Well that's good because it allowed me to win.

Yeah, you're supposed to be able to draw yourself to death. That's one of the ways to lose to Puffy the fish.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
We got a group that plays in mumble that barely even trades cards.

We just hand people everything we don't want.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

We got a group that plays in mumble that barely even trades cards.

We just hand people everything we don't want.

Basically, :homebrew:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Patch notes. No balance changes this time.

quote:

Here is a lit of the things that have changed in our 1.2.1 Hotfix patch.

- Surprise Defense is no longer unique. Be prepared to surprise your opponents again and again and again!
- Fixed an issue where if two Splitter Bots died simultaneously it would cause a client desync.
- Thunder Apprentice has been moved to Uncommon (previous Common), for drafting balancing.
- Fixed an issue with Shikana, Who Demands Tribute where she would not exhaust when she didn't sacrifice a character.
- Fixed an issue that wasn't telling out of date clients they were out of date, and letting them log in.
- Fixed an issue where the combat damage Phalanx Commander was redistributing was not considered combat damage, which created an unintended interaction with Noble Protector.
- Fixed an issue where Terror Moose, Rite of Rage, Noble Protector and many others were preventing damage that was flagged as unpreventable.
- Fixed a bug where Azael was giving cards that were not in play Untouchable and Flying.
- Fixed an error where the Login screen would display “Localization Not Loaded” when it could not connect to the server.
- Fixed an issue where Rita, Shadow Priestess’s text incorrectly said she gained +2/+2 when she sacrificed a character (she actually heals 5 damage and the card is unchanged).
- Fixed an issue where text was going outside of bounds of the draft leaderboard.
- Fixed an issue which was allowing non-Ranked legal cards in sideboards in Ranked games.
- Fixed an issue with text not showing correctly when drafting.
Source here.

The developers have said they keep new sets out of ranked the first week while they balance them. Order came out the 12th. They've also said something earlier about the ladder resetting the 19th. It's a pretty good chance that today or tomorrow is your last chance to get in the top 100. Word on the street is that the reward is an alternate mass death art along with a golden nickname (which is probably only for their forums).

Edit: It was reset on Thursday. Order cards should work in ranked mode now.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 19, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Any other new guys want to play some practice matches to get better?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

So this is the second TCG I've played besides MtG (the Steam version) and I can honestly say that I enjoy it so far! I really like the simultaneous moves along with the art direction. If anyone wants to add me I'm under the same name as my SA account.

Edit: Hopefully DrinkFist benefits from the invite code I used...

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 20, 2014

RingKing2
Aug 6, 2005
I've been playing this a ton the last week, pretty much exclusively rift runs, since I love draft formats. The first 4 or 5 days every time I finished a run I got at least 1 IP box, and usually paid for the run if I got 5 or more wins. Over the weekend however I've finished several runs where i got nothing but cards, did they change how they do rewards or am I just getting unlucky? It sucks to have a successful run only to be out 1000 IP for a few commons.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

RingKing2 posted:

I've been playing this a ton the last week, pretty much exclusively rift runs, since I love draft formats. The first 4 or 5 days every time I finished a run I got at least 1 IP box, and usually paid for the run if I got 5 or more wins. Over the weekend however I've finished several runs where i got nothing but cards, did they change how they do rewards or am I just getting unlucky? It sucks to have a successful run only to be out 1000 IP for a few commons.

I think it's just bad luck. Few hours ago I finished a drift run where I got several IP boxes and just 1 common card.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

More goons need to play this. Do the 8 campaigns and whatever practice poo poo to get used to the cards and level 6+. Then just wreck people in rift runs with wall of the undead.

RingKing2
Aug 6, 2005
Ive missed IP every single time I finish between 6-9 wins, it's starting to feel like it would be better for me to abandon the run after 4 or 5 wins, because I'm going to be out of IP soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i love the death trap deck so much.

• Locked thread