Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Funnypost Collabo posted:

This would be hard to manage I think because medkits do not do friendly fire damage :(

you could get them panicked, i believe in you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This inspired me to non LP play this with forums soldiers, by the by, and somehow I ended up as a sniper again. This game really hates me.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

anime gently caress pillow posted:

This inspired me to non LP play this with forums soldiers, by the by, and somehow I ended up as a sniper again. This game really hates me.

dude go full-on gunslinger sniper and get like stealth perks and send yourself on exalt missions

poo poo owns

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

zen death robot posted:

100mbit no cap :smug: :911:

normally its 3megbytres a second download speed. but something has happened to it god i can't believe my isp is cutting into my video game time this is unacceptable!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the aliens in my long war game really hate nigeria

first terror mission was nigeria. i'm constantly getting stuff like "intel suggests ufo activity over russia. also nigeria got bombed a bunch, raising panic."

just had a massively lucrative bomb disposal mission in nigeria, followed by another terror attack, in nigeria.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

the aliens are clearly working for boko haram

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Let me in on this.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

100mbit no cap :smug: :911:

My new place is served by Google fiber :whatup:

Can you friendly fire with grenades?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Grenades, rockets, exploding cars, probably other things? The earlier toxx was basically a free game

edit: MEC proximity mines, MEC grenades, probably the MEC flamethrower

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 2, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao this second nigerian terror mission is the loving newfoundland map again

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
also yeah even in vanilla enemy within i'm getting suspicious levels of activity in nigeria all the time

maybe the aliens are attacking because they got scammed

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bowser was the aliens all along

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
you'll open your email and see:

dear sir,

i have a large amount of ufo research here in my home country that is blocked via international trading laws. it is own by Prince Mujadeen III who wishes it to be transferred to you. all i need are bank account details and your credit card number to finalise this transaction

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Is there somewhere I can download the latest version of Long War other than the Nexus? They wont accept any of the throwaway email sites I use and I really don't understand why they care.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That feel when your panicked soldier instakills your colonel who just got mind controled

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i didn't know how to make snipers effective in my first run and i brought one along anyway since i didn't think to put SCOPE on him and such but wanted to find the potential the class had

the aliens always mind controlled him and tried to snipe my dudes and failed and it was wonderful

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Raip posted:

Is there somewhere I can download the latest version of Long War other than the Nexus? They wont accept any of the throwaway email sites I use and I really don't understand why they care.

Just use a gmail account, who cares.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
finally after leaving the pc on its all downloaded and i began playing.

this is a p. good game! whyd i never play it before? :iiam:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i think you will find that i am good at shooting aliens and not good at dying

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so uh why are you only allowed four soldiers for exalt "hack the gibson" missions

i mean i know it says ingame that your skyranger needs more fuel, i just mean what was the modders' rationale behind making you face four pods of exalt at once with only four guys and a twat in a jacket

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i loving love those missions in vanilla

i just broke my controller thing and i liked playing on controller :(

i'm almost out of research until i run into ethereals and sectopods but i'm too low on fragments to get alloy cannon and that annoys me

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

That feel when your panicked soldier instakills your colonel who just got mind controled

on the last mission in EU, two of my favourite colonels, Dr. Dre and Michael Jackson both got mind controlled at the end. cue Psychic Drunk McManus braining the both of them in a drunken stupor.

:rip:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

scalded schlong posted:

so uh why are you only allowed four soldiers for exalt "hack the gibson" missions

i mean i know it says ingame that your skyranger needs more fuel, i just mean what was the modders' rationale behind making you face four pods of exalt at once with only four guys and a twat in a jacket

It used to make sense because Exalt are freakin' chumps, but now their snipers get Squadsight so I'm not so sure anymore.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
private dongslayer

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

am i dead yet op

Dec 26, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

am i dead yet op

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
long war is extremely poo poo and unfun

on the other hand i have been having fun with xenonauts

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Everything fell apart because of gamebreaking bugs in Long War and the developer going on vacation right after releasing the version I was using, with gamebreaking bugs.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

And yeah I think I'm going to start playing Xenonauts again but I always quit halfway through my campaign because there are only like four alien types and once you get a few months in the air combat really sucks

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

the developer going on vacation right after releasing the version I was using, with gamebreaking bugs.

indiegaming.txt

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Xenonauts could be the best COM-like if the aliens were halfway interesting and there wasn't so much emphasis on the air game that nobody gives a poo poo about.

Mods can't come soon enough.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i want to like long war because there's so much cool stuff but it's tedious as hell to keep slogging through fights to get to it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Hog Butcher posted:

i want to like long war because there's so much cool stuff but it's tedious as hell to keep slogging through fights to get to it

Yeha if I play it again I'm definitely going to use the Not-So-Long War option which reduces the number of battles to vanilla XCOM numbers and speeds up research/development, but has all the extra LW features.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thread is now dead but i feel bound to report that the aliens in my game continue to hate nigeria, to the point of declaring a terror mission on it after it had already dropped out of the xcom council

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

wow can I take a day to play the poo poo out of a random game from my steam list guy?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I might need another day though to be on the safe side before I can xenonaut again but stay tuned!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this is the xcom thread not the xenonauts thread

Everything fell apart because of gamebreaking bugs in Long War and the developer going on vacation right after releasing the version I was using, with gamebreaking bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

oh wow im loving dumb whoops at least i know what happened to this thread tho finally

• Locked thread