Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

notZaar posted:

It still amazes me that Steam ever succeeded considering it started out as a dump for Half Life mods. I wonder what they're gonna push with HL3.

since it's coming out in about 2050, virtual reality???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dicky B posted:

why did you take those screenshots

so i can remember who gave me what and i can immortalize them

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
for real now it sucks that steam doesnt tell you who gifted you what but keeps track of the gifts you sent

i wish i could remember who gave me dark souls :(

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Ew you were hanging out with kirtaner. He is a long-permabanned pedo druggie loser. His butt buddy Tinal still inexplicably posts.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Xachariah posted:

since it's coming out in about 2050, virtual reality???

You dumbass virtual reality is coming out THIS YEAR and the Oculus will be its herald.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

ashgromnies posted:

Ew you were hanging out with kirtaner. He is a long-permabanned pedo druggie loser. His butt buddy Tinal still inexplicably posts.
That's not my screenshot but i like it because i was doing the same poo poo with a different community at the time. good times

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

buying pc games used to suck balls.

you'd buy the game, put the discs in your computer... back in the days of floppy disks, there'd be like 20 loving disks, and one would always mysteriously go bad. that sucked.

we then got cds, which were a little better - but you'd have to keep the cd in the drive! that sucked!

once the internet became popular, you'd always have to spend like 4 hours finding patches and then finding nocd patches that worked with the new versions and dealing with daemon tools - that poo poo frigging sucked.

now you right click, install, and everything is handled!

This a thousand times.

People who bitch about Steam were probably a newly unwanted pregnancy in the mid-90s.

Anybody who has never had to mess around with tons of floppies or CDs, hosed around with .ini files to get poo poo to work, deal with installing drivers and it loving up half the time, etc. have no right to bitch about Steam. It really is the most seamless platform for gaming that has ever existed.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

*in democrat voice* its better than most of the alternatives

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i hate it how when i maximise steam then close the window if i open it again its a full screen window and not maximised. i can't just casually flick my hand on the mouse to the top right corner and click i have to orient the cursor onto the close button god drat and when you close it and click somewher eit flashes on the screen for a split second drat it

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

notZaar posted:

You dumbass virtual reality is coming out THIS YEAR and the Oculus will be its herald.

no man I mean like the matrix not TV goggles

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i like how pressing the back button doesn't take me back to what i was looking at

yes, i did actually want to retrace my steps, i need more practice scrolling & pressing buttons

e: balls

Nut to Butt fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 7, 2014

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i also appreciate videos that auto-start muted and BUFFERING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Its funny how consoles are now the patching and disc shitshow while PC gamin reigns supreme.

• Locked thread