Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Dear videogame making goon, I bought your game. It turned out to be fun, please make more fun games, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I want a DLC where I can play as Rolando and be a jerk to passengers.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Croccers posted:

I want a DLC where I can play as Rolando and be a jerk to passengers.

DLC where you are Jeffery the Skeleton and torment everybody like when the Priest accidentally takes the Jeffery Medicine.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

This game is getting all sorts of extremely good coverage and exposure. The number one guy on YouTube even gave it a whirl! Talk about northern exposure! (because he's from a northern country, and has a lot of viewers. bad joke, sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ZhDbEISJc

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

It's darn near impossible to watch the whole thing :staredog: Ugh, I can't stand the guy.

Ragny
Feb 29, 2012

I WANT YOU
FOR XCOM ARMY
Why would you bother photoshopping the Beth sign if you're not even gonna use dickbutt.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
...at least...it'll be exposed to millions of viewers and statistically more than a few of them will pick up the game because it's funny?

...no, wait, I just reached the part with Beth's sign, gently caress everything

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

PDP is annoying yeah we get it. We all get it. We've all gotten it for years. It is surprising nobody.

What this video IS doing however is showing Roundabout to literal HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people, greatly increasing possible sales for a two person team who barely had enough money to make the game in the first place.

If you're looking at the video and telling Bees/Panzer how sorry you are this had to happen to them I think you are missing the point by a country mile.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Please don't hate on my bro Pewds.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
I don't know how to feel about him saying he would "go lesbian for [me]" and my "tremendously amazing mustache" but I'm sort of uncomfortable now

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Kaubocks posted:

PDP is annoying yeah we get it. We all get it. We've all gotten it for years. It is surprising nobody.

What this video IS doing however is showing Roundabout to literal HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people, greatly increasing possible sales for a two person team who barely had enough money to make the game in the first place.

If you're looking at the video and telling Bees/Panzer how sorry you are this had to happen to them I think you are missing the point by a country mile.

hundreds of thousands is actually undershooting it, according to wikipedia he has 30 million subscribers.

If even a fraction of those people are inspired to get this game that's a pretty decent Colbert bump!

but now I feel even more awkward about asking to be credited with my real name as a pedestrian, if he shows the credits on camera

I'm afraid the PDP boogeyman will get me, you see

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 24, 2014

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oh I know how many subs he has. I aimed to undershoot at the risk of saying "MILLIONS OF VIEWERS!! :supaburn:" and then watch the video peter out around 900k. :v:

Just kinda annoys me because I saw people reply to this video being tweeted out with stuff like "I'm so sorry" when really this is a great thing. Sure he's annoying on camera but that's what people follow him for and they'll eat this up just like any other video he makes.

I'm not expecting Roundabout to suddenly hit Amnesia sales or anything but I can't possibly imagine this doing remotely as much harm as it does good.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
He said the game was amazingly fun at the end, has comments disabled and linked everything properly.

It's basically an undeniable win that he did the video regardless of your opinions of him.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MisterFuzzles posted:

He said the game was amazingly fun at the end, has comments disabled and linked everything properly.

It's basically an undeniable win that he did the video regardless of your opinions of him.

Even better! Haven't had the chance to watch it myself because I'm at work so I've just been glancing at twitter for things people have said enough the video. Odd to say I'm interested in watching a PDP video when I get home from work.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I just saw that someone played the desert bus mode for over 8 hours :stare:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I was wondering why so many goons on my friends list were playing this game. Now I know.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

Oh I know how many subs he has. I aimed to undershoot at the risk of saying "MILLIONS OF VIEWERS!! :supaburn:" and then watch the video peter out around 900k. :v:

Just kinda annoys me because I saw people reply to this video being tweeted out with stuff like "I'm so sorry" when really this is a great thing. Sure he's annoying on camera but that's what people follow him for and they'll eat this up just like any other video he makes.

I'm not expecting Roundabout to suddenly hit Amnesia sales or anything but I can't possibly imagine this doing remotely as much harm as it does good.

This was exactly my thinking when I saw he had made this video. It's excellent exposure to an audience that, I'm betting, would not have known it existed without him.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I would be interested to see if you guys get a spike in people buying the game because of the Pewds

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I would like to register a complaint with this game, whenever a pedestrian does the voice clip that's just a guy going "Limousine! :argh:" I start laughing uncontrollably and crash. Please think of the esports angle when you make a game that is far too amusing.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

This game is getting all sorts of extremely good coverage and exposure. The number one guy on YouTube even gave it a whirl! Talk about northern exposure! (because he's from a northern country, and has a lot of viewers. bad joke, sorry)

What the gently caress is up with the game's aspect ratio on this video? Dude gets his facecam right every time, but can't leave the game alone. I'd kinda understand it if it zoomed in dramatically at some point, but goddamn, it's just normal gameplay clips. And 2 and a half minutes of black void at the end?

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

That's actually some copycat/dupe channel. I think it's trying to leech views? I dunno. Anyhow, the original video doesn't have that blank crap at the end. The dude who ripped the original somehow screwed that up, I think. This is the real one (1.3m views right now).

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

":v: But why does it spin?"

:ughh:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

So, I noticed the name of one of my favourite podcasters, Justin 'Hoops' McElroy in the credits, I assume he's just providing background voices but does anyone have any idea what he says?

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Geight posted:

I would like to register a complaint with this game, whenever a pedestrian does the voice clip that's just a guy going "Limousine! :argh:" I start laughing uncontrollably and crash. Please think of the esports angle when you make a game that is far too amusing.

Roach Warehouse posted:

So, I noticed the name of one of my favourite podcasters, Justin 'Hoops' McElroy in the credits, I assume he's just providing background voices but does anyone have any idea what he says?

Good news! These posts are related !

http://tindeck.com/listen/hszy

This is directly from the raw take he sent us so there's a few things in there that didn't make it into the game. :v:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Geop posted:

That's actually some copycat/dupe channel. I think it's trying to leech views? I dunno. Anyhow, the original video doesn't have that blank crap at the end. The dude who ripped the original somehow screwed that up, I think. This is the real one (1.3m views right now).

I was wondering why there wasn't a featured video, or why the subscription count was nowhere to be seen.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Gromit posted:

Sending it right now. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Further to this, I just tested the game with a friend's generic Chinese Xbox 360 gamepad and it played perfectly fine, so it's something to do with my Horipad. But like I said it works fine in every other game. Weird.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Panzer Skank posted:

Good news! These posts are related !

http://tindeck.com/listen/hszy

This is directly from the raw take he sent us so there's a few things in there that didn't make it into the game. :v:

This thing made me thing of another thing

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Tell it to me straight- is Psychedelic Eyeball really in this game? And can we play as him? Because I want to be Psychedelic Eyeball :allears:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

Strangely enough it has gotten basically no views in 4 days (don't his vids usually get in the millions by that point?)

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Weird, he has the video posted twice on his channel. This version has 3 million views.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The other is a dupe/clone channel. There are a bunch of 'em. I think they're trying to leech views for money (but it doesn't work out well as you can tell).

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Today I learned that two different people can have identical Youtube usernames. Good job, Google.

At least Twitter requires usernames to be unique.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Whoa, he's right. That's dumb.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Mr Snips posted:

I just saw that someone played the desert bus mode for over 8 hours :stare:

You need to do that to get the achievement.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I am so bad at the destruction derby. How are you supposed to get through that without getting hit?

It's basically the only thing I have left to get 100% :(

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Mr Snips posted:

I am so bad at the destruction derby. How are you supposed to get through that without getting hit?

Very, very carefully. It's definitely the hardest mission in the game but if you keep trying you'll get there eventually. Try abusing the shrink powerup to weave in between the circling cars and make judicious use of jumping to position yourself.

Don't worry though you still have to play Desert Limo for 8 hours to actually 100% the game so you're not close at all.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I've been told that 100% completion does not require Desert Limo.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

It does if you want all the achievements.

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Dr. Stab posted:

It does if you want all the achievements.

I patched it out of the 100% completion in the 9/22 update because I felt some weird sense of empathy or something.

Also, just pushed a new update! Fixes the audio sliders bug, some crazy PhysX issues that goons reported, and includes a HUGE performance gain for people who were having slowdown issues.

Next week's patch plans: eSports suggestions, more performance improvements for people below min spec, an option to switch to a lower res/faster video player, and hopefully finally putting this AMD 5xxx series bug to rest. Depending on when our next batch of test controllers arrive, maybe also more controller support too. Please keep sending me bugs if you see them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Mr Snips posted:

Jumping is the key for Destruction Derby. Try luring the police cars into the paths of the moving cars, and jump to avoid both types of cars.

• Locked thread