Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Smornstein posted:

DRG question for big pulls, like in brayflox HM, should i open with Power Surge, Life Surge, DFD? Or is there some better AoE that i just don't know about?
Power surge doesn't do anything for DfD.

Start with HT, RoT, DS spam until you need HT again, or if you need to conserve tp just use HT+RoT on repeat. Drg actually has very good aoe damage, and burst damage with b4b is very noticeable when you're hitting normal mobs instead of a boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

big sperma shot posted:

I'm not sure, but Power Surge doesn't work with DFD.

It doesn't. Jump and Spineshatter only.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Less than an hour before Yoshi reads out the patch notes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zdv-UqtnAc

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I finally learned first hand last week why people keep saying DRG is the most death prone job. The number of times I've had to pull a DRG's HP out of the single digit percentages due to them hitting an ability (most notably B4B) at the wrong time during a boss fight got so high I lost count while I was leveling WHM.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kwyndig posted:

I finally learned first hand last week why people keep saying DRG is the most death prone job. The number of times I've had to pull a DRG's HP out of the single digit percentages due to them hitting an ability (most notably B4B) at the wrong time during a boss fight got so high I lost count while I was leveling WHM.

That's a completely unfair, biased statement against dragoons.

We die to pressing Jump at the wrong time, not b4b.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
And jump animation locks are even shorter now. :getin:

Edit: Just had flashbacks to 2.0 and how long the animations took back then. On titan HM I would just not loving jump at all.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

This is cool as hell. Manfilia was my favorite, I still remember the looks on everyone's faces at the PBC/DGKK table when we all realized it was a drag outfit simultaneously.

SPEAKING OF THIS - I never saw any FAN FEST GOON pictures! Where's a group photo?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

cheetah7071 posted:

That's a completely unfair, biased statement against dragoons.

We die to pressing Jump at the wrong time, not b4b.

It just really feels to me now that DRG in this game was the dev team looking at the suicide ability of NIN in 11 and going 'oh yeah, let's build an entire class around dangerously situational abilities!'

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

jim truds posted:

Holy crap Balmung goons. I just resubbed on my rogadame who was originally a Lalafell and has the master race name of Malmal Mydia.

I'm a reluctant catdude named Yehn'za Bajhiri, hit me up if you ever want to run anything.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kwyndig posted:

It just really feels to me now that DRG in this game was the dev team looking at the suicide ability of NIN in 11 and going 'oh yeah, let's build an entire class around dangerously situational abilities!'

I guess if what you mean by dangerously situational is a bunch of abilities that should basically be used on cd every time, then I suppose!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:eyepop:

kirbysuperstar posted:

The real way to RP in this game is to macro literally every skill you have.

Report for spam. gently caress people who do this.

Need to put together a Smash Bros static and just glamor everyone in to characters from the roster.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Need to put together a Smash Bros static and just glamor everyone in to characters from the roster.

Yes please

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Cactuar goons: Someone come up with a linkshell name

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Tsurupettan posted:

i havent played in a few months, did all the really lovely cliquey people who sat silently in guild and trash-talked everyone behind their backs quit yet?

The game isn't even online and we're all talking poo poo about you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Belzac posted:

Nobody cares you massive autist.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

This picture brings me physical pain.

W.. why :negative:

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Belzac posted:

:goonsay:

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

Come to me, 2.4

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

not sure if anybody has said this yet, but the patch is up for dl now. it's about 2 gbs

e: not sure why i even bother lol

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ignore Belzac's autism and get to patching your clients.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Considering how many goons are apparently easily trolled babies, it's probably for the best that linkshells exist.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

nuru posted:

Cactuar goons: Someone come up with a linkshell name

I already have a mostly empty LS that we could use for a goon one, it's just me and one other person from SWOLE http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/22236523160178863/

You can bug either of us for an invite if you want to go that route.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

1834.24 MB patch for PS4 up.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I already have a mostly empty LS that we could use for a goon one, it's just me and one other person from SWOLE http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/22236523160178863/

You can bug either of us for an invite if you want to go that route.

Seems like the best route considering we're all in various FCs, I think?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

1834.24 MB patch for PS4 up.

And a 1602.28MB for the PS3.

dandybrush
Feb 7, 2011
I'm also on Cactaur, back playing aftee taking a break for a few months, so it'd be nice to chat to/help out any friendly goons if I can. I can't play until Wednesday night though due to work, so I'll be way behind on all the new stuff by then.

Incidentally my FC leader won a cosplay prize at the London fanfest with his Hildibrand costume.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

dandybrush posted:

Incidentally my FC leader won a cosplay prize at the London fanfest with his Hildibrand costume.

You can't say that and not post pictures.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Now patching at 100-200 KBps. 200+ minutes to finish, and they cut the internet every 20 minutes or so. Rapturous.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is this patch stream going to be translated at all? :(

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

A most excellent gang of nerds. (Lilly looks particularly badass in that picture.) I'm also slightly bummed we never quite managed Nael while we were one group. Soon, though.

Meanwhile I have far too many awesome screenshots from a year of playing. Here's one I suppose:

What I do best.

Also given the name of the last quest in the Main Quest line line this time around, this song seems appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSetfycYLFo

Let us cling together, as the years go by...

Looking forward to this patch and another year with you nerds. :unsmith:

dandybrush
Feb 7, 2011
My friend's Hildibrand cosplay pics are all on his facebook and twitter, I'm not sure what the best way is to link to them.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

You too can be this badass:

PBCs resident Euros (well, mostly Euros):

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Patchnotes time!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4a7a48cd010551b65b1e0f03b318d0d45bf52d59

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

data mining thread: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/123940-DATs-FFXIV-Patch-2.4-We-re-Going-Mining!?p=6252290#post6252290

full crit + det on both the mnk and drg FCoB weapons tybg. spell speed on the smn weapon again...smdh

dandybrush
Feb 7, 2011
Let's try this: My friend Atys Rumson of Cactaur posing as Hildibrand at the London fan fest https://twitter.com/HildibrandXIV/status/526063346593050624

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yoshi-P Patch notes are go!

2.4 full patch notes: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4a7a48cd010551b65b1e0f03b318d0d45bf52d59

Pertinent poo poo I noticed:

* Damnit, we're not getting promotions to First Lieutenant. They fixed that delivery missions window screenshot with a second lieutenant's GC seal total.
* /merror will be useful for you macro users that do stuff that spams you with error messages.
* CASH SHOP NOW OPEN! Can now get Yda, Y'shtola, and Papalymo minions, Sleipnir mount. Can also get Fantasia for a character the way it should have been implemented.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 28, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Have a Shiva theme

https://soundcloud.com/solracht/shiva

edit: and a ninja theme

https://soundcloud.com/solracht/ninja

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 28, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A level 50 fisher quest, huh

aww, Mask of the Father 2.0 is treasure map only :(

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Klewer posted:

data mining thread: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/123940-DATs-FFXIV-Patch-2.4-We-re-Going-Mining!?p=6252290#post6252290

full crit + det on both the mnk and drg FCoB weapons tybg. spell speed on the smn weapon again...smdh

Man, gently caress that noise. 4/6 of SCH leftside BiS is from the vendor again, with a fifth being a push. Right side's not much better, either. I know not every piece can be Crit/Det, but SS is on almost every piece of Dreadwyrm gear :sigh:

Niton fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Wow, the Final Coil theme is really, really EVE-like. Even hearing it in full I can't quite get over that. It sounds like something Jon Hallur would compose, not that I'm complaining.

• Locked thread