Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

It isn't, but if they closed down Penn State's football program tomorrow will anyone outside of Pennsylvania shed a loving tear?

Penn State is, like, the fourth most popular team in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dodadoodoo posted:

That story about that young girl was loving sickening. Its poo poo like that, Sandusky, and AP abusing his kid and getting away with it that make me feel guilty about enjoying football.

Everything popular ever has similar stories and people.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

poo poo olden tymes bases-ball clubhouses were probably more like those places Japanese troops enjoyed comfort women than anything else

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

Penn State is, like, the fourth most popular team in the US.

Where does that number come from? I literally have met one Penn State fan in my life and I have been across a lot of the south.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Sash, buddy, please, I am begging you here with tears in my eyes.

Shut the gently caress up about Penn State

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.

Kibner posted:

Everything popular ever has similar stories and people.

Everything popular ever had a bunch of men gang rape a 15 year old or do nothing about seeing an old guy loving a child in the rear end?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sash! posted:

poo poo olden tymes bases-ball clubhouses were probably more like those places Japanese troops enjoyed comfort women than anything else

Well, the Penn State clubhouse was basically a Turkish bathhouse.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 4, 2014

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Real Name Grover posted:

Here's another video with the AD's meeting with the players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6urb50B36M

Holy hell.

How can you sleep at night after hearing that story from a loving IRAQ WAR VET!?

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Dodadoodoo posted:

Everything popular ever had a bunch of men gang rape a 15 year old or do nothing about seeing an old guy loving a child in the rear end?

No, but there are unsavory aspects to everything popular. Every program has something not good in its past or present, whether we know about it at the moment or not. also, nobody gives a poo poo if this stuff affects your desire to watch sports or not. Watch. Don't watch. Who cares.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Sash, buddy, please, I am begging you here with tears in my eyes.

Shut the gently caress up about Penn State

Maybe these other jackasses are the ones you should be talking to about it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sash! posted:

Maybe these other jackasses are the ones you should be talking to about it.

A penn state joke is not a Sash! signal sent from police headquarters dude. You can just let it go.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

I propose we shut down Notre Dame

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The_Hat posted:

Second.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The_Hat posted:

third

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

The_Hat posted:

I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The_Hat posted:

All In Favor?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

kayakyakr posted:

All In Favor?

Aye

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

The_Hat posted:

literally no one here would disagree with this

also in terms of

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

there are unsavory aspects to everything popular.

jimmy page kidnapped, drugged, and held as a sex slave a 14 year old girl

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

wheez the roux posted:

jimmy page kidnapped, drugged, and held as a sex slave a 14 year old girl

British stars are apparently all horrible people, especially when it comes to statutory rape.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

kayakyakr posted:

British stars are apparently all horrible people, especially when it comes to statutory rape.
They also like gangbanging women using bits of shark as performance art.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

don't kinkshame.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Real Name Grover posted:

Here's another video with the AD's meeting with the players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6urb50B36M

Holy hell.

Goddamn. That nearly brought me to tears. gently caress UAB's AD. He comes across as so pompous and ignorant in his speech.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
What did he think was going to happen when he said no one cares more about UAB than him? Did he think everyone was just gonna sit back and go "wow, I never knew" and sit like this: :allears:

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Edit; Wrong thread

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That loving "I've been doing this longer therefore I care/know more than you" is utterly infuriating to me. Yes it is entirely possible that with age and experience comes wisdom, but it's also possible for people to get jaded, corrupted, or lose sight of why they started inn on this path to begin with. I want to punch that AD in the mouth. I feel bad for the players especially.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That loving "I've been doing this longer therefore I care/know more than you" is utterly infuriating to me. Yes it is entirely possible that with age and experience comes wisdom, but it's also possible for people to get jaded, corrupted, or lose sight of why they started inn on this path to begin with. I want to punch that AD in the mouth. I feel bad for the players especially.

That's the University President, not the AD.

Rumors are the AD might be the next casualty.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's a deliberate tactic to put the players on the defensive and deflect their anger. "Respect your elders" is a powerful urge he's using it to maintain a dominant position.

He's handling the situation, and they're being handled.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

That's the University President, not the AD.

Rumors are the AD might be the next casualty.

Oh right. Rest of the point stands though.

Deteriorata posted:

It's a deliberate tactic to put the players on the defensive and deflect their anger. "Respect your elders" is a powerful urge he's using it to maintain a dominant position.

He's handling the situation, and they're being handled.

Except the part where it literally seemed to piss them off more and accomplish the opposite of that?

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
So, basically all the money "saved" from eliminating UAB football is just going to go to Alabama football. Got it.

sweet thursday posted:

The evidence glows white on the campus tonight
Not an RA to be seen.
A kingdom of manipulation,
and it looks like I'm the Queen
The team is prowling for their chance to get inside
Couldn't keep them out;
Heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in,
don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Fifteen, don't feel,
don't let them know
Well now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't support UAB football anymore

Quote this on every page of this thread.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Really the death knell was when they had to hire Neil Callaway. gently caress that guy.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Quote this on every page of this thread.
Alright alright if you guys really want to be drowned in abject mediocrity, follow me at @socratesithurts ;) and remember
Eat Fresh

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I heard we were shutting down Notre Dame as well?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

For what it's worth, UAB's faculty senate will overwhelmingly pass a vote of no confidence on Ray Watts due to the hatchet job and PR nightmare he made of cutting the football program.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neodoomium posted:

I heard we were shutting down Notre Dame as well?

aye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Vice had a pretty nice article about their totally legit and not at all completely made up numbers

https://sports.vice.com/article/screw-the-math-uab-can-afford-football-so-why-is-it-choosing-otherwise

• Locked thread