Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I mean, we should probably be using a modified version of the Hebrew calendar to be honest. But yeah.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

majormonotone posted:

Here's Marshall Ramsey from the Clarion Ledger, which is based out of Jackson, Mississippi.

If anyone wants see more of Marshall Ramsey I live in Jackson and could post him and provide some background info since most of his stuff if Mississippi related.

For instance, the context for this is that MS's senate republican this year got REALLY nasty with Chris McDaniels (Tea Party) fighting Thad Cochrane (incumbent) tooth and nail. There was a scandal where a local Tea Party blogger snuck into the long-term care facility where Sen. Cochrane's wife was living (she died late last month) and took pictures of her while she was bed-ridden, and later McDaniels accused Cochrane of playing the Race Card because blacks voted for Cochrane in the run-off.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
You guys want some edit fodder? Have some low hanging fruit!

Mr. Shuldig's New Year's Resolution

Hope this made you laugh. But don't you dare to stop following the news!!!
Fight back!!! For details please click on http://igg.me/at/drybones
We Need Your support.
Labels: 2015, indiegogo, New Year, resolution, Shuldig

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

I really feel bad for Iran, this way. From _one_ perspective, they're just trying to get off oil as hard as they can, and the world won't let 'em.

Of course, nuke, but there's that other element that just feels bad about this.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Loving the Angela Merkel piggy bank. Any chance on a translation?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Isn't the oil price slump something caused by OPEC? You know because they want to strangle all the fracking/shale oil competition that was springing up as of late and to ensure that they stay the biggest dog in the industry?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

It's more that the price of oil was dropping and OPEC decided to let it drop to attempt to drive Canada/the US/etc. out of the market. It's seriously hurting some of the poorer OPEC nations, including Iran.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Warcabbit posted:

I really feel bad for Iran, this way. From _one_ perspective, they're just trying to get off oil as hard as they can, and the world won't let 'em.

Of course, nuke, but there's that other element that just feels bad about this.

That "hat" is a keffiyeh, which represents Saudi Arabia. It'd be a turban if it was about Iran. I'm having trouble understanding how you arrived at that conclusion, but if it makes you feel better, they've publicly executed a few thousand people for drug offenses over the last 6 years or so.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 1, 2015

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
So it turns out that "Dry Bones" started on January 1, 1973. Exactly 43 years ago today.

Here's the very first comic:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

God:drat:.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Wants some brand new 2015 Canadian toons? Too bad!

Nonsense! This is an election year!
You think you're the only ones with bad Obama caricatures?
Pretty good art at least
gently caress the leafs

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Gay Abortions Awards winners have been chosen!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

SomeMathGuy posted:

Loving the Angela Merkel piggy bank. Any chance on a translation?

I think it says, "Well, I think we can afford a small drink for New Years..."

The rocket is labelled "Greek Elections."

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 1, 2015

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Brannock posted:

More of a Branco if we're being honest here.

Yeah you're right. I always get those two mixed up in my head somehow. The lazy one and the hateful one.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Acid Haze posted:

Yeah you're right. I always get those two mixed up in my head somehow. The lazy one and the hateful one.

gently caress. I forgot how vile Branco can be.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Acid Haze posted:

Well next time spring for a box of condoms instead of pulling out the one you've held in your wallet for 5 years because no one would touch you, you CHUD.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone stepped up to the plate to post Prickly City regularly? I'd be willing to post that in a weekly burst. Figured I could post a weeks worth on Saturday so we have something to discuss

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Acid Haze posted:

Sometimes I really love that Branco chose to name his website Comically Incorrect. :mmmhmm:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ramirez almost swept it.

We should send him a trophy.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Gravel Gravy posted:

Well next time spring for a box of condoms instead of pulling out the one you've held in your wallet for 5 years because no one would touch you, you CHUD.

NO! Birth control is so he can have skin-on-skin sex and not get hampered down by BIG LATEX and their orgasm-killing prophylactics. Is that what you want, huh? To let Trojan win? I DON'T loving THINK SO.

edit: Branco is the only person I can imagine growling "Thanks Obama" without a hint of irony as he hitches up a condom on his lovely dick.

matrix ripoff fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 1, 2015

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Home run! :thurman:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

itskage posted:

Home run! :thurman:
Is there a specific pun / reference to a recent saying I'm missing here?

(Assume I'm not a complete idiot and got the general gist of the cartoon)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Uh... What's the general gist you're getting?

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Don't hold your breath on the possibility that police officers will turn their backs on other police officers who've murdered innocents, since it probably won't happen for a long time.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Portals posted:

Don't hold your breath on the possibility that police officers will turn their backs on other police officers who've murdered innocents, since it probably won't happen for a long time.

I'm reading it as police are turning their backs (ignoring) the murders of unarmed black men. The don't hold your breath part I think just means that it won't change.

Maybe I have it all wrong?

Edit: looking it it some more I think your interpretation is more accurate.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

JT Jag posted:

Ramirez almost swept it.

We should send him a trophy.

Can one send it in the mail, or do one have to leave the poo on his doorstep.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Acid Haze posted:

I love how this makes no sense. How does easy access to birth control lead to more unwanted pregnancies? Also does the man in this cartoon have no agency? Was he forced to have unprotected sex with this woman? Also, if the problem with Obamacare is that the website doesn't work, does that imply it will be fine once the technical problems are fixed? What is the basic statement supposed to be here?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Xander77 posted:

Well if you're holding your breath for the NYPD to change you won't be able to breathe for a long time, and the NYPD has all turned their backs on the issue, like they did with the mayor.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I love how this makes no sense. How does easy access to birth control lead to more unwanted pregnancies? Also does the man in this cartoon have no agency? Was he forced to have unprotected sex with this woman? Also, if the problem with Obamacare is that the website doesn't work, does that imply it will be fine once the technical problems are fixed? What is the basic statement supposed to be here?

Obamacare helps enable women to be the sex having sluts they always wanted to be making us poor sex-necessitating men into helpless victims. Our penises being sucked into that virus ridden vagina vortex that hides betwixt every vixen.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

The fault, dear Bennett, is not in our hats, but in ourselves.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Xander77 posted:

I mean, I assume "don't hold your breath" is supposed to be at least partially referring to "I can't breathe"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

http://youtu.be/UtV80ZdpTY0 (Highly :nws: audio)

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

That "hat" is a keffiyeh, which represents Saudi Arabia. It'd be a turban if it was about Iran. I'm having trouble understanding how you arrived at that conclusion, but if it makes you feel better, they've publicly executed a few thousand people for drug offenses over the last 6 years or so.

I am aware that is a keffiyeh. However, I rather suspect the dinosaur represents the entire swath of OPEC nations, of which Iran is one.
I am not a fan of the Iranian government in any way, shape, or form.

That being said, one can still feel sympathetic for Iran, in that it appears that it is trying to look to the future and protect itself from the inevitable fall of Oil, while being prevented from doing so by the world at large.

Of course, this is because 'it's nukes'.

But one can still have a bit of empathy there for people trying to do the right thing and getting screwed by reality.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

What is the basic statement supposed to be here?
Pee pee doo doo Obama is a bad president

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

OK Rogers what should the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries be diversifying to? If they diversified away from oil exports it'd be weird if they kept calling themselves OPEC.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Kaislioc posted:

While I'm here I should probably post a cartoon. This is an old one but it's one of my favourites. The best part is that it never stops being relevant. Could have easily been a 2014 one.

This was a few pages ago but I initially saw the Israeli coffins as stacks of cash and was confused as to why there were fewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

RoanHorse posted:

This was a few pages ago but I initially saw the Israeli coffins as stacks of cash and was confused as to why there were fewer.

Similarly, the first time I saw it I thought the Palestinian coffins were bloodstained bullets and I was trying to figure out why they were green and very shiny.

• Locked thread