Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
holy poo poo this game just got a patch

m.gaia are you out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

The stewardess had to wake me up. We had arrived in Dublin.

Excuse me...where should I go to make my flight conncetion to Panama City?
There must be some misunderstanding, sir. This is a direct flight, sir. There is no flight connection. And, if I might add, it would be quite strange to make a stop in Dublin of flight to Panama.
Yeah, I know it makes no sense, but that's what I was told! It is written on here on my ticket. Look.
One minute, please. Let me check, sir.

Sir, I don't know how to explain this. I am very sorry for what happened. Your connection wasn't in this city. I don't know how the attendants didn't notice you were embarking on this flight...with the wrong ticket.

Bad weather? The only way you could justify a connection is Dublin would be if the world was coming to an end!

:sbahj: This lady is the best character in this game.

Don't worry, sir. We can book your flight to Panama for tomorrow morning.
And I'll have to wait here?
You'll be staying in a nearby hotel. At out expense, of course.

please god not the Irish :britain:

It's the best we can do. You will be onboard the next flight we have. If you prefer, we can get you a seat on a flight back to your country, sir.
I think...I'll wait at the hotel then.
Excellent choice! You will be able to enjoy and discover this wonderful city.

And the idea to walk around and enjoy Dublin also didn't seem bad at all.

Then a girl passed by, close to me.

She seemed familiar.

...And there was something special about her. Suddenly I realized that I knew her...the girl was Peg!

I felt that I needed to say something.

She didn't recognize me right away.

Faust!
Hey, hi! I'm just passing by. I had a problem with my flight, so I'll have to stay here in Dublin. Then I saw you and wondered...
'A problem'.
I know, you saw me and thought, 'Who is that crazy girl talking to herself'?

I wasn't expecting to find her. I was so puzzled so I said the first thing that came into my mind.

Yes...nice to see you.
Nice to see you too.
So, why did you come to Dublin? Pleasure or business, madam? Hehehe...
Hehehehe...business, I guess. I may move here. I have an...opportunity here, but...and what about you? What are you doing around here?
I had to catch a connection, but I had a few problems so I'll have to stay in Dublin tonight.
Oh yeah, you already said it.

She was nervous. I could easily tell.

Anyway! What a coincidence! I need to get to my hotel now. So I need to get going. ...But listen, there is a pub I heard of. Do you want to meet me there?
Yeah! I would love to see you again. What's the pub called?
"The Cursed Soul". It's easy to find. Just ask any cabbie. I'll be there by nine. Probably.
Great. I'll meet you there then.
See ya!

I took a bath and changed my clothes. After a while, someone knocked at my door.

...?

I would really appreciate if strange people stopped coming out of nowhere!

Of all the bloody places in this world why did you come to Ireland! Is something wrong with you?

THe was a strange thing about him. One of the man's eyes was green. Just one. This was happening all the time.

You were supposed to be in Panama.

Listen I know a magic cop, you better watch out.

The police? Really? Do you trust the police?

HAHAHA! I'll tell you boy. A jail cell wouldn't hold me for long.
This isn't my first home invasion, kid.
I'm not afraid of you!
I'm here to help you, boy. Now, pay attention. She is too powerful here. I can't protect you here.
Protect me?
Yes, fro mthe witch! This is her land. She was born in these lands. Here, her powers are stronger and she can manipulate many kinds of energies. We need to get you out of here immediately! We need to go!
I'll leave tomorrow...
Where are you going?
Panama...
...Her powers are not stronger in Dublin, but her lands are nearby. Are you sure y ou will do exactly as I say this time? You need to leave this country.
yes, I'll leave, I am here by mistake. I already have the correct ticket and all that.
Alright...but be careful. She's around here. Don't leave Dublin! And do not get - by any means - close to Galway.

I decided to take a nap. I was tired.

I wanted to enjoy the city. I thought it would be a good idea to go out and find me a nice pub.

I went to the pub Peg had told me about. The name seemed ironically appropriate.

This pub has an interesting name...'The Cursed Soul'.
This is a typical pub with an unusual history. In the early 20th century, a famous master brewer built this place. He always dreamed of having a pub. "Share the joy and help people create bonds," he said.
"And also, get hella crunk."
But he was always broke. He loved to gamble and he always lost everything. One day, he said he had won a big bet and had all the money he needed. But he was not happy.
And why not?
Perhaps because of the emptiness we feel after getting what one wants in exchange for who we are. The fact is that he committed suicide on the opening day.
That is macabre...
Even more macabre is that he changed the name of the pub at short notice. 'The Cursed Soul' wasn't the original name. He said the name was to represent the price he paid for the pub to last forever.
Well, the pub is still here. Firm and strong after all this time.
Now you tell me, fellow...what do you think that happens when someone commits suicide?

Probably the sweet release of not being in this game anymore.

You're quite a skeptical fellow.
Death is the end. There is nothing after that.
After knowing all that you know...do you still believe in that?
If you knew what I have seen in recent days...you would know that this is all just madness.
Madness, you say. Madness is denying the truth that unfolds before you very eyes...out of fear of the unknown.
Hahahaha no need to look so serious.
If I could tell you what happened to me...you would know why I'm so serious.
I always do that. I tell the story of the pub...and I ask the same question. But I'll never forget the answer that old lady gave me.
What did she say?
That a person who commits suicide leaves a part of their soul behind. Forever. And that part of the soul transforms itself and becomes something new, separated from its source...and it spends its days there, working to prevent...other people from making the same mistake.
I've heard stories of this kind.
And she said more...she said some witches are able to trap and enslave those souls. And use them to influence others. They speak things in other people's ears. Convincing them to do things they don't want to do. Pacts, trades, betting...
That woman is very creative...
Creative...indeed. Creativity is the most underrated tool. And the most powerful one. It is through creativity that we see through the mirror of reality...and unveil the truth.

You still have much to learn, Faust.
How do you know my name?
I heard it last time. Don't you remember?
I like to think this entire world is just staffed by one bartender.
No...last time...but I...have never...been...here.
It's okay, fellow. By the way...you may call me Garson.
I am not...feeling well. I'm feeling some kind of...

Well, well, well...I was wondering when you would show up again.
Did you mess me, honey?
The bartender seems to know some things...now I know what you are. Another slave of the witch.
Such harsh words for a boy...this is how you thank me for having helped you so much?
Helped? All you did was give me stupid ideas!
Ah...but I also gave you good advice. More than I could have given. It's your fault if you only listened to the bad ones...anyway, I'm very close to getting rid of her. And you will help me.
And why would I help you?
One hand washes the other, as you would say...I want to get rid of her. And you too.

We've pretty firmly established that we're down like a clown for murder.

I can't go into details now...she may listen.

Enough talking! You came here to drink!
A beer would be great.
I'm on it, fellow!

You started without me! I'll have to run to catch you!
I was wondering if I chose the wrong pub.

I knew she was one of my soulmates. That was somehow important.

I told you I was bad with schedules.

I thought about how everything seemed to fit.

So, what are you thinking about Dublin?
Probably the same as you. I haven't had time to see much yet. I went to my hotel, which is kind of far away, slept a bit and came here.

We spoke for hours. It was amazing how well things worked between us. Almost as if we had to strain ourselves not to get intimate too fast. This was only the second time I talked to her, but I felt like we had known each other for a lifetime.

Fate is never that simple. I called the bartender and asked for a cigarette.

May I have a cigarette?
Take one of mine. Just because you're a nice guy.

I only play this game when I'm drunk.

Are you drunk?
I also smoke when I'm nervous.
Why did I meet you right now?
Since I met you...I kept thinking about you. I know...and you know it wasn't just you that felt that way, right?
I know that. That's what scares me.
Hey, fellows, the pub will be closing in an hour.
So, I'm leaving. Are you going to?
I'll take you home.
Of course...you wouldn't leave me along with all those drunks on the street.
Never. You know I'm a gentleman.
Good night, kids. Don't do anything stupid.

Done! Now you're in your room, mission accomplished.
Faust, Faust...you know nothing.

I said nothing more. And neither did she. It was not necessary. Making love to her...made me feel...whole again.

Of all the times we could have met...
Of all the moments we could have had to know each other...
There are too many coincidences.
I love when coincidences come one after another. If you were not here...if I was not here...other coincidences would have brought us together. But I don't need to tell you all this. You know. You feel.
Yeah, I do...it's recomforting, but scary.
Changing is always scary. However, I do believe that when the changing process starts...the best you can do is to stop struggling.

I know you are running away. I know you think this is the only solution, and that you're not able to face this.

But you are. You can do it. You are the master of your own destiny, master of your own will.

You don't know what I've been through. I killed Wolverine.

I want to stay with you! I don't know how to explain, but I feel we both need to be together. But I don't want to see you involved in the mess my life became.
This is what we are going to do...every month, I will come back to that pub. At the same day. At the same hour. Whenever you get to solve whatever you have to...you may find me there.
You'll meet someone else. Someone less complicated and not as troubled as myself.
Look, that might eventually happen. I am not a stone to die alone, forsaken. But, whenever I get to know that you are available, alone...I really feel some pity for the poor guy who might be with me.

It was impossible to disguise the smile in my face.

She stood up, filled a glass and...gave me to drink.

To finding each other!
And to the solution of your problems.
Which might be....?
You know what I mean.

I looked deep into her eyes. Her beautiful smile. Her eyes, seeing through me...I sipped the drink...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :glomp:

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 15, 2015

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We can't blame this on a bad translation, can we?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Awww sheeeiit.

Dammit Faust we told you never to go never the stupid blond Hipster. And now look what happened.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Full disclosure I did something earlier in the game to lock me out of this scene (spending soul to find a soulmate), but I'm putting it in anyway because this next update will be wicked dumb.

ultrafilter posted:

We can't blame this on a bad translation, can we?
no :negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh no, we gained half a soul after sleeping with Peg.

We're pregnant!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Whoah hi game you just went a mile a minute after all that build up.

So, we met Peg
Found a bar founded by a victim of the witch (that old woman I guess??)
Established a relationship
Before getting back-stabbed.

Also some black dude knows us and wants us to gtfo Ireland.

And we're possibly stuck in a time loop.

I'm still on-board, but...drat.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

a time loop where we constantly get booty is far better than one where we don't!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

And yet, what really baffles me is this: how can a pub with a name like "the Curses Soul" stay in business?

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh no, we gained half a soul after sleeping with Peg.

We're pregnant!

I almost wish I hadn't notices that, because what sort of sense does that make?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

paradoxGentleman posted:

And yet, what really baffles me is this: how can a pub with a name like "the Curses Soul" stay in business?

I almost wish I hadn't notices that, because what sort of sense does that make?

Faust lives on GTA rules regarding sex. And casual murder.

S.S. Neckbeard
Oct 6, 2007
Proudly lurking since 2000!
I agree with you all that this game seems super dumb, especially having read Faust. But for some reason I can't stop reading. Maybe it was the teaser for metaphysical methamphetamines, which I think would actually be a great band name.

Just making sure that I'm on the same page here: we somehow acquired more soul through our junk. Is this our own soul or did we steal some of hers? Because her drugging us on account of our vampire dick might actually make sense. Either way we should obviously begin boning down on everything in order to acquire more soul.

As a math/economics nerd: can soul really ever be created? Maybe the sex actually did it, which would explain how the system doesn't implode. Because if captain magic cop traded 50% of his for 10% of ours, this shows that soul can actually be destroyed. The betting appears to be 1:1 transactions, but if soul could only be traded or destroyed then eventually no one would have any soulstuff to trade for wishes and services.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Pretty sure the game is confusing 'getting your soul back' with 'getting your confidence back' for this one special occasion and ugh that's stupid. Or maybe it's a 'you found your soulmate and most intimately connected your souls, leaving you both with more than you started' which would be great if it was foreshadowed at all. I don't think it was the sex that did it so much as who we did it with and why. Still curious where this goes but yes that whole bit is dumb.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Twisted Eye posted:

Pretty sure the game is confusing 'getting your soul back' with 'getting your confidence back' for this one special occasion and ugh that's stupid. Or maybe it's a 'you found your soulmate and most intimately connected your souls, leaving you both with more than you started' which would be great if it was foreshadowed at all. I don't think it was the sex that did it so much as who we did it with and why. Still curious where this goes but yes that whole bit is dumb.

Tidied that up a little bit.

I mean really this is like a novel that disguises itself as a choose your own adventure

Page 6
Your prison cell mate has offered to wager his soul against yours in a bid to escape
If you accept his bargain, turn to page 8
If you would rather not, turn to page 7

Page 7
You don't want to wager your soul. But you're going to anyway. Turn to page 8 fucker.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

But not the same bedroom. It was like the dark reality, the texture was alike...but it was different, beautiful. And in my chest glowed a weird symbol, emitting a blue light.

Heeeey girrrl. You do something with your hair?

She also didn't seem to be the same as before.

How are you feeling?
Surprisingly well.
Well, it makes sense...you've just got a large part of your soul back.
I thought it was impossible to recover the soul.
Please darling, learn: Nothing is impossible. There are many ways you can recover your soul. Most of them have to do with sex. And you, honey...just made love to your soulmate.
Thread already caught this, but the the answer to all your metaphysical problems is to really just bone down.
You're not the same as before...
Yes and no. Things are not as simple and unified as you would like to believe.
You seem...nicer.
No, I am kinder. Being kinder isn't the same thing as being nicer.
???
Where's Peg?
She's already gone. However, she left you a small gift...

[img]http://lpix.org/1943887/soul_gambler_197.jpg[/img]
Yeah I think I know why Peg was fleeing the country now.

What's this?
Think a little...that girl, she is a tatto maker, isn't she? That girl really knew what she was doing...I think she really likes you. Giving you this tattoo and everything else.
She made a tattoo in me while I was sleeping?! She's nuts!!!
But she was right. You need to stop running away. You need to face that gypsy witch, face to face.
And how should I be able to do that?
I hate to repeat what she said to you many times, but...you know, Faust. You know.

And I was alone again. The tattoo on my chest was still there, though it was now black and not shining anymore. Yes, I knew what I had to do.

Go to Bolivia.

I left that room and walked back to the center of Dublin.

But I didn't know how to attract the old woman. The witch. So I decided to do the most obvious thing. I stood in a open place in plain sight...

Wiiiiitch!

I was waiting for the witch, but who appeared was the man in the suit.

I know she is always watching me. So if I shout in the same place for a while, I'm sure she will find me.
This is actually how I call the NSA when I need them
WIIIIITCH!
Don't be stupid boy, you need to escape!
Escape to where? Until when? If that crazy old witch wants me, she will need to come and get me.
WIIIIITCH!
This is not just about you. If she gets what she wants, many people will suffer.
WIIIIITCH!

Faust...run!
Shut up!

I can break each one of the...
THESE CUFFS

AAARGGHHH

...bones...

...of your...

With small gestures she made, each one of his fingers twitched.

...body...and kill you infinite times...and you still will not have had what you deserve! For having killed our...my son!
I'm sorry, there was nothing else I could do.
As soon as my son gets a new body, we will change the past. Each one of his descendants. Yours and your children with that woman. All Fausts...all of them will no longer exist! And my son and I will have had the life that you denied us!

RIP exposition man 2, so boring we killed him twice.

That woman was dangerous. I hadn't understood what she wanted to do with me...

I tried to run, but when I turned around, she was in front of me.

You're too important for me to let you escape.

Her eyes penetrated within me in a way I could not explain.

:siren: THE END IS NIGH :siren:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:psyduck: How the gently caress do you sleep through having a tattoo done?!

Dragas
Apr 21, 2010

something something polish lithuania commonwealth will rise from the ashes
This is incredibly dumb.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Now you know why I went out of my way for this scene.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Am I a bad person for laughing at the way that dude got all bent?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Dragas posted:

This is incredibly dumb.

Yeah... more than a little.

I mean it has some cool visuals, but I've read high school level creating writing stories and dbz fanfiction that are on more solid footing than this.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This scene if loving hilarious.

hopeandjoy posted:

Am I a bad person for laughing at the way that dude got all bent?

No you're not.
I did too.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Party Bug posted:

So what exactly did you do that locked us out of this, and what would we have seen instead if you hadn't gone back to get it?

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
If you spend any soul trying to find or interact with Peg Faust suddenly 'doesn't feel connected' to her and he just leaves the bar after some awkward talk instead of getting his chest carved on. The game just cuts to the scene where he goes to find the witch. You also don't get any more soul and that might wreck you at the end of the game? I dunno, I've never got the bad ending.

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

Party Bug posted:

If you spend any soul trying to find or interact with Peg Faust suddenly 'doesn't feel connected' to her and he just leaves the bar after some awkward talk instead of getting his chest carved on. The game just cuts to the scene where he goes to find the witch. You also don't get any more soul and that might wreck you at the end of the game? I dunno, I've never got the bad ending.

If you end the game with high soul you'll get the ending where he wants to be with Peg and nothing is different.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The metaphysics of this game are mind-boggling. Why the hell is soul betting even a thing? Just shack up another decent-looking pactee and enjoy bending reality to your every whim.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Party Bug posted:

The scene just dumped the entire motivation of the witch on us, how is it optional :psyduck:?

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
I have three huge problems with this game.

1) The "soul" is half-assed as hell. They keep redefining what it means and what it is and how it can be used. It just sort of randomly grows new powers as the plot demands. Have they actually bothered to give us any kind of straight answer that doesn't randomly change when the plot conveniently needs it to?

2) Why is this about a time loop, where did *that* come from

3) How is this at all like Faust except that a dude sold his soul and got a "demon" for the "power" to fail massively at everything he does

It's just a trainwreck. But it's a drat entertaining one.

Glad I didn't buy this game.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
This is really entertainingly awful.

I enjoy the suffering of our protagonist, he is so dumb he deserves every bit of it.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

:psyduck: How the gently caress do you sleep through having a tattoo done?!

By being drugged. Which I imagine is what happened since she left the room to prepare drinks, came back, Faust takes one sip and passes out. Those are some drat fast acting drugs though.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

So the game is implying that Faust's soulmate, i.e. the one person in the world who is absolutely perfect for him, is a crazy person who will drug someone and then tattoo them while they're out cold. What kind of a hosed up person was Faust before this game began?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Those are problems, but the biggest problem is that it is a cyoa game where choice doesn't matter. If I don't gave a choice where the game is going, I want a tight narrative to keep me engaged. If I have choice, well, authors are people too, so I'll forgive some shortcuts.

This is like, worst of both worlds. If you are going to disguise a lovely book as a game, at least let me move some shiney blocks around. I'm ok with a fun mechanic and a bad story.

Where is the game here?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

VostokProgram posted:

So the game is implying that Faust's soulmate, i.e. the one person in the world who is absolutely perfect for him, is a crazy person who will drug someone and then tattoo them while they're out cold. What kind of a hosed up person was Faust before this game began?
Apparently people have multiple soulmates according to this game.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I am disappointed with the lack of gambling. :colbert:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, the suicide bartender would have made the core of a pretty neat urban occult story.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

I was laid down, arms outstretched. Behind my head, a tombstone under an old tree. Around me, symbols drawn with some sort of white power.
Oh, that's where the cocaine went.

Back to me, facing the moon, was the witch. I tried to move, but my body was paralyzed.

Whata...?! What is this place?

It's been too long, hundreds of years...we waited so long for this moment. Finally, I will be able to fix it all, to make it right...to change the past!
And what do I have to do with all this?
When my son died, 666 years ago, I started a ritual. A ritual which last step must be done by him, using your body. The body that was supposed to be his!

This ain't a rent-a-home, lady, this poo poo belongs to me.

That man with green eyes is the father of my son. When he allowed my son to get killed by the church, he broke the fate of our heritage. I was supposed to have grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Instead, I watched the lineage of that woman proliferate! A catholic woman he married! You are a descendant of that man, Faust. Born on the same day as my son. Evening of April 30th. You should have been the reincarnation of him!
Reincarnation does not exist!
As I told you: It makes no difference whether you believe it or not. After all this banter with selling your soul and other things, you still doubt what you see?
I am...crazy! I must be crazy!
When my son died, I've imprisoned a part of his soul with me. And the part of his soul that had a bond with that man, I've abandoned...the part that is within you!
So...is this why I've always felt incomplete?
Yes...but you'll be whole pretty soon. Although you won't remember anything. When the soul of my son takes over your body...his personality will take precedence over yours. I want nothing of that man in my son!

He will use this dagger to complete the ritual...and history shall be rewritten!
Why are you doing this only now?
It needed to be today. Today is the day that my son died. The anniversary of his death. I've kept my eye on you for a long time...do you remember the first time you saw me?
At the bus stop?
No, the first time was just a moment before

that...

Why are you telling me all this?
One of the conditions for the ritual...is that

you know exactly what's being done. Condition I have just fulfilled to the letter.
I followed you from afar since the day you were born. And guaranteed that your life was the most tedious possible. After all, I needed you to make the pact...so you would end up selling as much of your soul as possible. The less soul you have in this body...the easier it shall be for my son to take control. You're not as weak as I would like...but you are weak enough. My son should have no trouble overcoming your personality with his own.
I don't want to judge or anything, but it's super weird to wait 600ish years to get your son inside another dude.
...IF you do not resist, it'll be less

painful.

AAAARGHHH

I felt an excruciating pain. It was terrible! I could scream, but I could not struggle.

In fact, it is painful anyway.

Her voice sounded distant.

Very distant.

I was at the bottom of an endless ocean. I wondered if I was dying.

...?
You're still alive.

My name is Cedric. My mother must already have spoken to you about me.
Where am I?
We are inside your mind. In this exact moment, we are sharing your body. Friendly...for now.
What do you want from me?
I thought you already knew that. My mother wants to put me in your body. And she also wants me to take over your mind. The ritual has begun. Do not fight.
And why would I do that?
We can make a deal...
Deal...?
I hate my mother! That manipulative hell of a witch! She kept me prisoner all this time. She just wants to have control over everything! I have no intention of following her plan. And I don't believe we can live as one, whole.
GOD MOM STOP TRYING TO CONTROL ME
...But, we can share the same body. One of us might always be in control. Which one of us? You? Me?
It depends on who has the strongest will.
It's not so bad. The one that is not in control can still be heard.

You want a choice? Well buddy, I'll give you a choice.

Should we let Cedric take our body for a spin, or should Faust keep driving?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Faust's done a pretty lovely job, let's let that other guy take the wheel.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Faust's done a pretty lovely job, let's let that other guy take the wheel.

Yeah, there's only so much worse he can do.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cedric take the wheel.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Aaaaand now we're playing the Chzo games. This game started out with a decent enough premise, did the author have a stroke or something? :psyduck: Death by ghost

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Faust! Watch out! It's a pooooooooisonous soul!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So now we know why soul-you was such a dick. He was trying to burn the place down to collect the insurance money. Kinda.

Still, he's a lot more experienced and seems to know what he's doing--unlike mr "lets poison the zombie coke dealer's coke and then hide in the same room."

Let Cedric Entertain us.

• Locked thread