Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
drat, did not think Venus would be this much of a favourite against Keys. Actually I thought Keys would have the lower odds.

I did not see Venus match against Aga. Was she like playing awesome then or what?

I just figure she'll have a tough time against Keys power today. I was going to bet on Keys but maybe I wait and do it live instead. I dunno :shepspends:

Edit: MTO Keys :gbsmith: lots of UE's from her in this second set. Hip problems? Left thigh

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Wow, nice comeback by Keys to take the third set and the match.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Venus was lucky to get this far and had no business making it to the semis. Thank goodness Keys was able to pull things out after that leg injury.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Serena was late (per ushe) so ESPN3 showed the hallway camera.

Domi checking herself out on the monitor:

Domi popping a squat:

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Serena was late (per ushe) so ESPN3 showed the hallway camera.

Domi checking herself out on the monitor:

Domi popping a squat:

Yeah saw that too. A good 5 min Domi had to wait for her. gently caress that poo poo.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Stan is hitting some monster serves :wow:

e: ahah he just blew five straight match points in the third-set tiebreak, 6-6 now.

e2: and Nishikori gifts him another one with an ill-advised drop shot, which he capitalizes on.

Pretty good match for Stan despite the late hiccup. Djokovic could have his hands full.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 28, 2015

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Raonic stop going to the net you are bad at it

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I just bumped into Taylor Dent in the hotel I'm at about 5 mins ago

we were waiting for the elevator and I'm thinkin to myself this dude looks a bit Taylor Dent-y to me so I just blurt out "hey man has anyone ever told you that you look exactly like Taylor Dent?"

and he's like "...really? whoa wow how bout dat okay yes I have heard that before lolz"

we talked about stuff. Dent owns and is v friendly :3:

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

colonel_korn posted:

Stan is hitting some monster serves :wow:

e: ahah he just blew five straight match points in the third-set tiebreak, 6-6 now.

e2: and Nishikori gifts him another one with an ill-advised drop shot, which he capitalizes on.

Pretty good match for Stan despite the late hiccup. Djokovic could have his hands full.

Stan is a good bet to win the title again.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Only one set was dropped in the quarters and that was down to Keys' injury. Hope the semis are more competitive.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Aw darn. Really good effort by Keys in the first set but couldn't quite get it done.

e: welp that second set went off the rails quickly. Serena/Sharapova final :geno:

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 29, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OMG Berdych is GOATing so hard right now, like Cilic at last year's US Open.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
About time that one of the big hype matches actually ends up being a match instead of a blowout.

I'm wondering if we'll get another issue of Djokovic Wawrinka deathmatch. Maybe another shirt ripping even.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
3-0 in 11 mins, arf

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Looks like the pattern of "Long first set that looks like it might lead to a good game, then someone turns it on and the game ends in straight sets" is continuing.

Here's to Novak v Stan :toot:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

What was with all the staring at Murray in the first set?

Murray was a bit unlucky in the tie breaker with the broken string so it's a nice turnaround so far. Mmmmm bagel.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Enjoying this set, good to see Murray fired up like this.

Just saw that Hewitt will be retiring after next year's AO. And Laura Robson's finally making a return in March at Indian Wells, woo.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

^^ I thought Hewitt had already retired!

Good win for Murray but Berdy really handed him those breaks in the third and forth.

If anyone asks why Berdych hasn't done anything with his talent show them this match.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Nice clip of Murray's partner enthusiastically swearing during the match.

https://vine.co/v/OtuFF507lvP

Glad Murray's back to what looks like full fitness too. Hopefully we'll get another classic tomorrow. Wouldn't mind seeing a Stan/Murray final for a change.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Bye, Berdych. You won't be missed.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Djoker/Stan on court now! :woop:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

At Rod Laver, let's go Stan.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

hmm, Stan just went crazy at the umpire and nobody seems to know why.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

We're even up at 1 set apiece! :suspense:

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Terrible body language from Novak this match, seems really unsettled.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Fuuck

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
gently caress Stan vs. Djokovic at the Australian Open is the best match in Tennis history every drat time it happens.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
This is fantastic tennis

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Really weird match, this. So many errors. Feels like neither one is playing at the top of his game. Whoever comes through will have to up his level for the final otherwise Murray will win that one for sure (which hopefully will happen anyway).

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Loving the gently caress you backhands by Stan

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Glare Seethe posted:

Really weird match, this. So many errors. Feels like neither one is playing at the top of his game. Whoever comes through will have to up his level for the final otherwise Murray will win that one for sure (which hopefully will happen anyway).

Does it matter. It's amazing viewing as usual.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

MacDougall posted:

Does it matter. It's amazing viewing as usual.

Not hugely, I'm still enjoying it. :) Stan's finally found his range in the last couple of games.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

This is the match that got me in to tennis back in 2012, and it continues to deliver.

Really happy at least one quarter/semi match turned out to at least be a real game.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Not like this...not like this...

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

:gonk: :smithicide:

Welp

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Well that was not how I was expecting the fifth set to go. Very entertaining game anyway

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

rip stan

what could have been...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Serena and Sharapova starting!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

One game and oh, Sharapova's been broken already. Not a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Serena looking ragged after the longer points. Could be interesting if Maria can drag the match out.

• Locked thread