Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.

Nidoking posted:

If you haven't found her yet, the lady you rescued in the Catacombs is now praying in the church.

We finished recording like two months ago and I'm halfway through NG+.

That said, I'm thinking about recording a blind run of Demon's Souls for after this thread is over. I've only beaten the first boss and then stopped, so it'll all be new to me.

Since we're coming to the end here, Eric also recorded all of our co-op run of Dark Souls 2. He's editing it down into a highlights style thing now I think. We'll probably end up posting it all in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I answer the door to get delivery food that Ben ordered in this episode, but I forgot to edit in a stupid graphic this time and I'm sorry but I love you all.

[b]Death Count: 238/b]

Also here's a video of me playing MGSV and talking to Eric. I do a really bad job at playing Metal Gear, but I do a pretty good job of talking to Eric.

We're doing these videos where I just play a game and mess around because I don't want to start the next LP until all of Souls is posted. It'll mostly be us messing around in a puzzle game or playing Metal Gear or something.

THEN THE NEW ONE BEGINS.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
An old classic

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Hey, how about an update, gang? It's been a bit.

Death Count: 242

Sorry things have been coming out kinda slow here. I've been super busy with some other things.

Also I am MEGA burnt out on editing the death animation into every one of these. I think I'm going to stop doing that and END THIS LP. It's been going on for 10 months. I'll keep updating the death count.

There are like 16 more episodes?? OR MORE? Less?? I forgot.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Okay, this is the first unedited video of the bunch. It does contain some of the Sam and Eric Friendship Origin Story, though!!

Death Count: 246

The video we refer to in the beginning is this one. Eric made it in the Spore Creature Creator in like 2008 or something. Eric and I are very old and we have been friends for a very long time and he's my best friend and I love him.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Eric's voice acting needs some work. I'd go as far as calling it UNNNACCEPTAAABLEEEEEEEEEE!

Also: :stare: You landed that jump.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Hey guys remember when I said I'd be updating more often and lied? SORRY! I went on vacation.

Death Count: 249

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm going to go fight Artorias today. Wahoo. Let's go get him yippee!!

Death Count: 254

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Artorias is the coolest Dark Souls boss, maybe even the coolest FromSoftware boss. The rest of the DLC's bosses are no slouches either, though.
You were musing about Artorias' sword giving you the ability to do crazy flips too -- it doesn't, but they fixed that with Artorias' sword in Dark Souls 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4voHUSMrL8&t=72s
72 seconds in

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Artorias is the coolest Dark Souls boss, maybe even the coolest FromSoftware boss. The rest of the DLC's bosses are no slouches either, though.
You were musing about Artorias' sword giving you the ability to do crazy flips too -- it doesn't, but they fixed that with Artorias' sword in Dark Souls 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4voHUSMrL8&t=72s
72 seconds in

That is awesome, but I think we all know the best move set in Dark Souls 2 is the Bone Fist.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm going to fight this stupid old man with a busted arm until he dies. WARNING: I scream at the end of this video and it kinda fucks the audio up.

Death Count: 259

DocGator
May 6, 2007

Thank god Benny is back, I needed my fix. I have to say I'm really liking that your technique of "drink an estus flask a split second before you get clobbered by a giant sword" has turned into a full on playstyle.
Now as far as souls games go I've only played through bloodborne once but it totally seems like Artorias is kind of bullshit. Would anyone who's done both say he's comparable to Logarius in BB?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Artorias is a funner fight than Logarius as far as I'm concerned. It's tighter and more personal of a brawl.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

DocGator posted:

Thank god Benny is back, I needed my fix. I have to say I'm really liking that your technique of "drink an estus flask a split second before you get clobbered by a giant sword" has turned into a full on playstyle.
Now as far as souls games go I've only played through bloodborne once but it totally seems like Artorias is kind of bullshit. Would anyone who's done both say he's comparable to Logarius in BB?

My methods are unorthodox, but sound. Also, I wouldn't call the fight bullshit. I'm with Gimbal on this one. It felt like to me it was two evenly matched warriors just having a slobberknocker until one ekes by with a victory.

Or should be if somebody else is playing.

Because I'm awful at games.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I agree. Artorias is a tough and hard, but not bullshit. For me, it always drags on a bit too long since his damage output means health and stamina management take precedence over exploiting openings.

If you're looking for a pure bullshit boss fight in Dark Souls, that's Ornstein & Smough, no doubt.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Well this is the fewest deaths in an episode in while. Probably because I spend a solid like 5 minutes standing motionless in the center of an empty arena. Sorry for the spoilers guys.

ENJOY.

Death Count: 262

Also here's another Metal Gear 5 Video with TONS OF SPOILERS FOR REAL DONT WATCH IT IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Hey kids, do you like violence? Wanna see Hawkeye Gough with tree resin on each of his eyelids?

Death Count: 266

Also the MGS video from last time was banned in EVERY COUNTRY because I play about 40 seconds of Mellow Yellow by Donovan in it while shooting a bunch of guards soooooooo I took it down sorry.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

So I die 11 times in this episode. That's the most I've died in ANY episode. Previous record was held at 10 in Episode 57: Bumblebutt.

I'm pretty sure I am going to beat this one too. The next few videos are kinda rough.

Death Count: 277

along the way
Jan 18, 2009
Laserbeak, Rumble, Ratbat, Ravage. :allears:

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Okay, here we go. Probably the most laborious and hard to watch videos in the LP are coming up!

I'm going to go fight a dragon. It doesn't go well.

Death Count: 284

Also an interim LP while we're wrapping up Dark Souls. Ages ago, I started doing LPs for fun and didn't post them anywhere. My first LP ever was like the most obvious Babey's First LP ever.

Super Mario 64.

I'm doing it again, but I'm going to do most of it kinda drunk.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
If you're trying to get Kalameet's weapon by cutting off his tail, he goes from a fairly manageable fight to the hardest boss by far. At least it was for me.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

If you're trying to get Kalameet's weapon by cutting off his tail, he goes from a fairly manageable fight to the hardest boss by far. At least it was for me.

Well, as you will see from this video and the next few, I have um, a little uh, trouble.

With Kalameet the Dragon.

Let's fight a lady with snakes for feet instead.

Death Count: 292

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Where's them biscuits?

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

pointlessone posted:

Where's them biscuits?

Oh yeah. I should make a more detailed explanation of the biscuits.

This will make about 4 biscuits because you wanna make those bad boys big. The measurements are all kind of eyeballed and forgotten and messed up because I was really hammered when I made them, but they turned out great.

Flour - Two Cups. Doesn't matter what kind. All purpose?? Sure. That's what I got.
Salt - Teaspoon. Don't gently caress this up!! Because I did.
Honey - Tablespoon. It's a dry ingredient even though it's gloppy.
Baking powder - It's trash.
Butter - About 1/3 of a stick. Melt it in the microwave and put some on a baking pan whatever.
Milk - Like a cup or so? Cup and a half? I did not measure the milk. I just kept pouring until it looked right, meaning I put in too much and screwed it up.

Step 1: Get really drunk and decide to make biscuits at like 3 AM. I usually go with a rum and coke, but bourbon will do in a pinch. Mix your dry stuff. Flour, salt, honey, and baking powder. These are known in the culinary world as "the sands" because it's like mixing sand or dirt.

Step 2: Melt your 1/3 stick of butter in the microwave. Have another drink while you're waiting. Dump it all into the bowl at once because you forgot you were supposed to put it in gradually because you are drunk. It doesn't make much of a difference. Make sure it kinda clumps up into pea-sized chunks.

Step 3: Begin to slowly add milk to the mix after incorporating the butter. Have another drink. Set the oven to 420, because that's a funny number. Keep adding milk until you realize you added too much. This will make the dough extra slimy, a little more firm than say like pancake batter, and grittier. It should stick to everything and be a bitch to clean out. Let it sit while the oven warms up.

Step 5: By this time, you're four drinks in and your roommate has long since gone to bed, so start playing Bjork at top volume in the living room while you're scraping the bowl out with a rubber spatula. Arrange the biscuits in lump-like configurations in a pizza pan, since it's the only clean baking dish in the house. Bake for about 15 minutes or so, or until they turn brown on top. They'll look like this: https://vine.co/v/ebY2Zu9rJVb but only if you leave them in there a little too long.

Just make sure you KINDA gently caress up every step and you'll be fine. I've made a variant where I put some cheddar and like half a cup of finely chopped dried cranberries in it and those were pretty choice. Might try like a green onion and chive mix at some point?

You can put whatever you want in there. You're a chef now, baby.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 24, 2015

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

You really should change your weapon to something else. That 50 dmg per strike is just not cutting it.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

double nine posted:

You really should change your weapon to something else. That 50 dmg per strike is just not cutting it.

Spoilers

I never do.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I hate you.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

double nine posted:

I hate you.

Can't say I disagree with that sentiment.

I've gotten a lot more experimental in my NG+ run. Right now I'm doing the DLC again and I'm rocking Solaire's shield and the Artorias Greatsword and just grinding to level weapons up to play around more. It's making for probably a much better to watch run, but this LP was a blind run. I'm using a lot of guides and stuff in NG+ to get hot tips and things.

It's a very good game to play.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

double nine posted:

I hate you.

Hating me is something we have in common. Have a new episode:

Death Count: 298

Also here's a Episode 2 of Super Mario 64. In this episode we pick up the red cap, finish off Cool Cool Mountain, Bob-Omb Battlefield, Bowser in the Dark World, and a couple Secret Stars!! WOW.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I know that you finished this run like 6 months ago or something, but since you're doing NG+, you might want to take these (which you probably know by now) into consideration:
- You can level up weapons to +15 in dark souls 1, you just didn't find the ember.
- Leveling up your shields raises its stability stat, which governs how much stamina is drained for a blocked hit.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

I know that you finished this run like 6 months ago or something, but since you're doing NG+, you might want to take these (which you probably know by now) into consideration:
- You can level up weapons to +15 in dark souls 1, you just didn't find the ember.
- Leveling up your shields raises its stability stat, which governs how much stamina is drained for a blocked hit.

Oh yeah, in NG+ I did a lot more messing around and exploring for things and found the Very Large Ember. I've got a bunch of stuff up to 15 and I've been using Sunlight Blade and HOLY COW that's a good spell.

NG+ has been a much more enjoyable run for me. A lot of the bosses are harder, but I know what I'm doing and I'm more equipped to deal with stuff. I'm actually about to beat Gwyn and start NG++. This game has got me good.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

The last episode of the LP will go up on Friday. Here is the first of the FINAL THREE.

Death Count: 302

Also here's a Episode 3 of Super Mario 64. In this episode we wrap up Jolly Roger (Rancher) Bay, Big Boo's Haunt, and some Secret Stars. We also talk about Home Improvement and how JTT eiher had AIDS or Cancer or maybe one of his brothers did??

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 8, 2015

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
It sure took a while for Sakura to finally go hollow but Kalameet finally made it happen.
It's a shame that you won't get to try the real end boss of the DLC.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

It sure took a while for Sakura to finally go hollow but Kalameet finally made it happen.
It's a shame that you won't get to try the real end boss of the DLC.

Oh I did fight Manus, but didn't beat him. At this stage in the recording, we were all antsy to play something other than Dark Souls, so I decided to give up and just go beat the drat thing.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

samu3lk posted:

Oh I did fight Manus, but didn't beat him. At this stage in the recording, we were all antsy to play something other than Dark Souls, so I decided to give up and just go beat the drat thing.

Oh, I'm not talking about Manus. Rather, I'm talking about what's waiting for you back in the entrance Manticore room of the DLC once you beat both Manus and Kalameet. :ssh:

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Oh, I'm not talking about Manus. Rather, I'm talking about what's waiting for you back in the entrance Manticore room of the DLC once you beat both Manus and Kalameet. :ssh:

... Well poo poo. Guess I've got something coming in NG++.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Okay, one more crack at Kalameet, then Bad Daddy continues his rampage.

Death Count: 311

Friday is the last episode. I'll keep the thread going until Mario 64 is done, and we're kinda burning through that sumbitch.

Speaking of, here's Episode 4 of Super Mario 64. In this episode we continue talking about Home Improvement and we get some stars in Mario 64. We also talk about an old man I know about on YouTube. We mess around in Dire Dire Docks, Lethal Lava Land, and uh that's it I think??

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
In hindsight, Marvelous Chester is just straight up a hunter from Bloodborne. I wonder if he was part of the creative process that eventually led to that game.

DocGator
May 6, 2007

Between Sam going hollow (getting sick) and the Bad Daddy/Bad Baby rampage I felt a little bummed out after watching these last few videos. Hopefully Sakura and the gang finish on a high note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

DocGator posted:

Between Sam going hollow (getting sick) and the Bad Daddy/Bad Baby rampage I felt a little bummed out after watching these last few videos. Hopefully Sakura and the gang finish on a high note.

This is it baby.

Final Death Count: 316

Thanks, everybody! I'll keep posting here until Mario 64 is done. The new one will be up tomorrow since it's uploading now. SPECIAL GUEST IN THIS ONE TOO

(It's one of my other rear end in a top hat friends)

• Locked thread