Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
australian democrats v something is awful australian politics piss drinking appreciation station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Dead people can't be defamed; I'm sure that also extends to dead political parties.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mithranderp posted:

Dead people can't be defamed; I'm sure that also extends to dead political parties.

:skeltal:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

ewe2 posted:

No, but they remember Huey P. Long and that other dangerous firebrand Roosevelt and don't want a repeat performance.

http://scottmorrison.dss.gov.au/transcripts/2gb-ray-hadley-9

And just in case he hides it:

http://pastebin.com/ax9G8GqH

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooooooou.

TBH I like Morrison praising Dutton for stopping bikies from returning to Australia. BIKIE MENACE!!!!!!

Also good on Hadley for being a completely spineless twit spending the entire time fishing for Morrison to say he's mad at Turnbull instead of challenging him on any of the poo poo he says.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Kinda can't sue for defamation when you don't have any members to actually defame.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oh my god, the dead have risen and they're voting Australian Democrats!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Shadeoses posted:

:crossarms:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Shadeoses posted:

Yeah, well they should of risen three month earlier. Now they're just wasting their vote.

got to admit, 'Dead, donkey vote democrats' is a hell of a headline though.

One the mx would of been proud of!

Oh :(

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
So, what's the new newspol?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

ScreamingLlama posted:

1. We didn't fabricate anything, so stop being a fuckhead before you get yourself into very real trouble for posting defamatory poo poo on the internet.

2. As I've said before, the deregistration is subject to appeal.

3. Your OP is stupid and full of fail.

4. Stop giving people poo poo over their therapy choices.

5. Did I mention you're a fuckhead?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Not sure if troll accounts, libs or what. But I've been seeing a lot of "labor had 6 years with control of both houses, why didn't they push through same sex marriage then?" on social media from apparent greenies.

I havent looked at all profiles but some seem legit. Is this a thing going through the weird greens or trolls?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

EvilElmo posted:

Not sure if troll accounts, libs or what. But I've been seeing a lot of "labor had 6 years with control of both houses, why didn't they push through same sex marriage then?" on social media from apparent greenies.

I havent looked at all profiles but some seem legit. Is this a thing going through the weird greens or trolls?

No it's the entirely accurate observation that Labor didn't give a poo poo about same sex marriage or the queer community until they believed it would be politically advantageous to be so.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Drugs posted:

No it's the entirely accurate observation that Labor didn't give a poo poo about same sex marriage or the queer community until they believed it would be politically advantageous to be so.

Except they never had a majority/control of both houses. So not really accurate.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Albanese doesn't want it to be the party line.

Labor should stop stealing left wing votes from the greens.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

ScreamingLlama posted:

1. We didn't fabricate anything, so stop being a fuckhead before you get yourself into very real trouble for posting defamatory poo poo on the internet.

I hope this isn't what you sent to the AEC when they posted about your deregistration online?

Relax mate. 'Tis only auspol. Get your sweet, sweet revenge at the ballot box Clive Palmer style.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

Except they never had a majority/control of both houses. So not really accurate.

How is that even remotely relevant to anything you walking parody of a Labor hack?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Drugs posted:

How is that even remotely relevant to anything you walking parody of a Labor hack?

Did you even read the quote?

Here it is again for you "labor had 6 years with control of both houses, why didn't they push through same sex marriage then?"

So as you can see when you said it was accurate it wasn't. So my post was relevant. Don't get mad because you didn't read before posting.

EvilElmo fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 1, 2015

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

Did you even read the quote?

I guess they felt that those awful Greens would have voted down an SSM bill?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
dooooooooooooooooog

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So I read today that Twiggy has a cunning plan. His company either gets bought out by the Chinese Government (who then get to enforce low Iron Ore prices) and Twiggy gets Millions, or 1000's of jobs will go and the bubble bursts.

Tony's going to go with the easy choice - sell it to the Chinese. It will only INCREASE house prices after all, and who dosn't want that!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Comstar posted:

So I read today that Twiggy has a cunning plan. His company either gets bought out by the Chinese Government (who then get to enforce low Iron Ore prices) and Twiggy gets Millions, or 1000's of jobs will go and the bubble bursts.

Tony's going to go with the easy choice - sell it to the Chinese. It will only INCREASE house prices after all, and who dosn't want that!

Either way we lose!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Drugs posted:

The last time SSM was put to a vote was in 2012 as a result of a Labor bill and I am fairly sure a majority of Labor MPs supported it.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The last time SSM was put to a vote was in 2012 as a result of a Labor bill and I am fairly sure a majority of Labor MPs supported it.

"A majority of Labor MPs" is bullshit. They don't get a conscience vote on sendings kids to concentration camp, they wouldn't get one on this if the part y actually cared.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
While I am quite tempted to join the parade of people spraying a gentle yellow rain over ScreamingLlama, I feel it is better to approach this from the perspective of a reasonable person attempting to talk sense into a whiny infant.

ScreamingLlama posted:

1. The OP's of the Auspol thread have always been satire. Some people have been better at it than others. You can't sue over satire, and a judge would throw this out of court. You are just having a highly visible tantrum amongst a bunch of people you have failed to endear yourself to in the past. This is like bleeding while swimming with sharks, except sharks do not growl "drink piss" as they approach to tear chunks out of you.

2. Fabrication is valid speculation based on available information to the public.

3. Go have a lollipop. It'll make you feel better.

quote:

Yes, you said that last time you showed up, and nothing has moved on that front. One has to wonder if the "I wanna be the Dems" crowds attempt to appeal will involve seeking out 498 new members to submit to prove their existence, or if they have to go through what's left of their register and try and find people willing to say they are dems despite their complete and utter irrelevance and their history of utter uselessness.

quote:

I agree with this. I submitted a whole bunch of stuff to Redwolf via PM and she didn't add them. So mad :argh:

Nah. It is a drat sight better and more effortful than my try last month, which I banged out in an hour at 2am. Good work Redwolf on a good OP :tipshat:

quote:

Joining a loving useless party is therapy now? "I want to feel like an utter waste of meat. I know! I'll go join the Democrats!"

quote:

[Citation needed]

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Drugs posted:

"A majority of Labor MPs" is bullshit. They don't get a conscience vote on sendings kids to concentration camp, they wouldn't get one on this if the part y actually cared.
People like Joe Dr Bruyn do care, and that's the one of the reasons it wasn't successful.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Drugs posted:

This I always find weird. Greens hate binding votes unless they benefit then they love them.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

you are a child

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
The Firm is a bad movie.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

EvilElmo posted:

The Firm is a bad movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcaVSTsYyOI

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
RIP Joan Kirner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGyD2hn7d3Y

RIP Julia Gillards gogo dancing career

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Birdstrike posted:

Calm down friend, would it help if I whisper gentle nothings through a computer screen at you?

:pusheen:

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

This I always find weird. Greens hate binding votes unless they benefit then they love them.

I just think it's unusual for a party which demands binding votes for everything, including the endorsement of crimes against humanity, to think that "equal rights for gay people" is such a moral conundrum that they couldn't possibly compel someone to vote for it.

Drugs fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 1, 2015

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
It certainly wasn't a moral conundrum to compel supporters to vote against it when that was party policy.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
don't you see it's actually the greens fault we dont have marriage equality because *fartz*

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Incidentally can you guys please not make fun of tories it's kind of a trigger for me. I don't know if you're aware but tories are an actual thing that exist, and every time people laugh about it or make jokes I feel like you're making light of what is a very serious issue that affects billions of real humans.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

This place is still better than CanPol, somehow.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pickled Tink posted:

Joining a loving useless party is therapy now? "I want to feel like an utter waste of meat. I know! I'll go join the Democrats!"

No, but ASMR is a legit therapy, which some people apparently cannot accept. As far as they're concerned, if you listen to human sound triggers you're a creepy autistic mouth-breather and should be tormented and mocked mercilessly without respite for the rest of your days.

Sadly, not everything posted in GBS is satire. Some goons really are that dickish.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

ScreamingLlama posted:

No, but ASMR is a legit therapy, which some people apparently cannot accept. As far as they're concerned, if you listen to human sound triggers you're a creepy autistic mouth-breather and should be tormented and mocked mercilessly without respite for the rest of your days.

Sadly, not everything posted in GBS is satire. Some goons really are that dickish.

You'll probably find that ASMR is understood to stand for "Australian Society for Medical Research" and not Llama Whispering in legit medical circles.

Pickled Tink posted:

[Citation needed]

Can confirm, Redwolf was mean to me and made me sit in the naughty corner when I used a gendered insult. If that doesn't sound like the goings on of a fuckhead then I ... what do you mean it was me who was the fuckhead????

edit: fixed tags

Birb Katter fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Hey ScreamingLlama who's your favourite singer? Is it hahahaha is it hahaha is it JOHN FARNHAM?

• Locked thread