Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Holy poo poo my avatar :stonklol:

So I walked into a shitshow at work. Only opening driver, Mondays are typically pretty slow. Not today, we were running hour+ deliveries until the 4pm driver came in, and I was flying pretty drat low anytime I was in the car. Opening manager tried to call in the GM to come in and drive (since no other drivers were available), he basically said "call <asst mgr> to come in and help, it's my day off, don't bother me again" (asst mgr doesn't have a car, she lives in the apartments behind the store).

20 deliveries. Most of those in about 4 hours.

I did have to LOL when I looked up how long I spent in the car though.

:2bong:

There's a gas station in the same shopping center that I work in. One of their pumps appears to be a bit confused.

Darchangel posted:

they're all good, but I especially like STR's and piss boner's avatars.

Best part is I had nothing to do with that one (.. or the last two). I came home from work, reloaded a page, and was wondering what happened to my post, since I was looking for my clown piggy avatar. Then went "ohhhh.. someone dropped :10bux: on me!". Then got a message from 14 inch on Facebook. Thanks 14! Best avatar anyone's ever bought for me. (my favorite is still one I created myself a couple of years ago, but apparently it creeped the gently caress out of a lot of people.. click if you dare, mildly :nms: if you don't like horror movies)

I mostly associate people with their avatars, so the mass influx of new avatars is confusing the hell out of me. v:v:v

I think with all the new avatars this month, AI has probably made most of this month's car payment on Lowtax's GT-R. And now I'm gonna have to go see Mad Max.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Who the hell did STR's new AV? It's a work of art.

I think 14 Inch Dick Slit is responsible for this one.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

In Texas and this humidity is killing me. I know it's 108 degrees back home but I'd rather be in that. This poo poo is for the loving birds and I don't know how you whackjobs do this.

The tornadoes cool it off now and then. Nothing like a stiff 130 MPH breeze and a bit of hail to cool you off.

I'd like to say you get used to the humidity. But I've been in DFW for 18 years and still refuse to go outdoors during the day in the summer. I grew up in the small part of Texas that has zero humidity (El Paso); I can tolerate the humidity a lot better now, but it's still miserable in August.

Upside is I can go to El Paso in the middle of July or August and it feels like an 85 degree day here. I walked out of the airport there once when I went to visit my dad, and when we walked out I commented that it was a beautiful day. He called me loving crazy and said it was 105. :stare:

I don't think Austin is quite as humid as Houston or DFW, but I may be wrong on that - it's been a few years since I've been there.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Not having a car loving sucks. I had to have my mom pick me up to go grocery shopping yesterday. At least I convinced my boss to pick me up tomorrow...

Still haven't found an alternator?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I went out to get some food tonight and ended up hearing some dudes discussing the advent of Metric Time and how it will change how we measure the passage of time forever.

Time is pretty dumb. The only thing that's really set in stone is that we have 365.25 days per year. Why is there 24 hours in a day? Why not 20 or some other number that's easier to calculate? Why 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour? Couldn't they make it 50 and 50 or something? Just mess around with the durations to make it fit? Why 7 days in a week? You can't divide a workout schedule into a week for poo poo, its either 3 days on, 2 days off, or some dumb lop-sided poo poo. Make a week 6 days, you get 60 six day weeks, and one 5 day week that the whole world should use as holiday. Then with 6 day weeks, every month could be 30 days long and you just ignore the 5 day dead week at the end of the year. When you look at the SI units of measurement, and then go back time measurement, poo poo makes no sense man. :2bong:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Holdbrooks posted:

Holy poo poo I go on a 3 week work bender at the new job and when I come back everyone has mad max AV's. I love it.

so shiny so chrome

Yeah no poo poo. Its actually nice to lurk around to see all the shiny new avatars.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Picture from our bike ride saturday:

"Oh poo poo, bears!" -me

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

jamal posted:

Picture from our bike ride saturday:

"Oh poo poo, bears!" -me

Looks a lot like the Going to the Sun Road up in Glacier Park. Gorgeous country and spectacular road.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
That's exactly where it is. Closed to cars for another week or two, so the perfect time to go up on a bike.

We got up there sat morning, did that ride, set up camp, went for a short hike, then did a big hike Sunday. My only regret is going with vegetarians and not bringing my own food. Thankfully another person shared some of her beef jerky with me, and I had enough beer.

Here are a few other pictures

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CommieGIR posted:

:stare: That is pretty cool.

You realize I'm trolling there, right? That's literally a hybrid drive unit pulled out of a junkyard car and plopped on top of the engine compartment of an XJ. I just pushed the cut cable ends down and out of sight for the picture :v:

Of course we got to bullshitting and I'm 99% sure it can be done, it would just involve a combination of chevy/dodge NP205, jeep M715 NP200, aftermarket, and custom machined parts to hook the hybrid BLDC motor to the drivetrain, rather than just slapping them into the transfer case. They simply won't fit there, but I'm going to play some games with old alternator and transfer case parts and take a few pics to stir the troll threads a bit more in a few days, because alternator stators look very much like hybrid motor stators except for scale and no one in those threads has any idea how big a hybrid BLDC stator is anyways.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

You actually got a Prius drive unit? That would be fun as hell.

Well, the drive unit as they call it is literally just a 33kW BLDC driver. It's got two channels, appears to contain six very large IGBT transistors and a control/IGBT gate driver board, 3 450VDC 2700uF electrolytic capacitors, a ton of other assorted parts, water cooling channels, etc. I believe the smaller channel is used for regenerative braking but I'm not really sure. One channel may be a fully controlled bridge consisting of SCRs rather than IGBTs, but at least one channel is IGBTs based on the legends on the board, it made many mentions of gate drives.

Once I'm done messing around with it and lose interest I'll likely sell it to a friend who is building a powered paraglider right now, which basically amounts to a big rear end lithium ion battery pack, a 3 phase BLDC driver, a paraglider, a 3 phase brushless DC motor, and a propeller. He's tired of spending stupid amounts of money on BLDC drivers... this one cost me $40 at the junkyard and is about ten times more powerful than anything he has gotten so far. In fact I think I have him convinced he should build an electric ultralight using a prius battery pack and stator + rotor as well as this. :haw:

On the other hand, 33kW is 44hp. That's easily enough to maintain highway speed in almost any small factory vehicle... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have a feeling if I reverse engineer this hybrid drive unit I should scoop all the ones in the local yards before releasing any info because once it's out there, every electric vehicle hobbyist and electronics tinkerer in the country is going to be looking for one and availability/price will go to poo poo. Right now they're super available because they never fail and the counter guy had never sold one, so he just threw a random price at me.

kastein fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 2, 2015

Miskatonic
May 16, 2010

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
drat, this movie has rekindled my love for V8's and super chargers. Particularly super chargers bolted atop of other super chargers. And GUZOLENE.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

cursedshitbox posted:

Yeah no poo poo. Its actually nice to lurk around to see all the shiny new avatars.

It's great finally not being a stupid newbie forums babby garbage dick.

But yeah, the new avatars do throw off my sense of who's who, and the name change completely throws me off. Bloodbag, who were you before the world died?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

some texas redneck posted:

I think with all the new avatars this month, AI has probably made most of this month's car payment on Lowtax's GT-R. And now I'm gonna have to go see Mad Max.

The Mad Max thread in CD is an even bigger explosion of Fury Road love - Lowtax's GTR has been paid for the next six months, hell GBS thread on Mad Max has been a lovefest as well. I cant remember a time where three so different forums are utterly in lockstep. Nor can I remember such a strong reaction to a movie - near universal HOLY FUCKWTF*blows load*

Go and see it. NOW.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I think I figured out why this pizza hut can't keep drivers. 4 deliveries in 3 hours and less than 3 dollars in tips combined. :stare:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yo real talk the way pizza franchises charge me a fee for delivery and that fee doesn't go to the driver blows.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Coredump posted:

Yo real talk the way pizza franchises charge me a fee for delivery and that fee doesn't go to the driver blows.

That and how their hourly wage is cut in half while on deliveries.

I'm glad mine isn't cut while I'm running parts.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wait did cat terrist change his name to cat interceptor or am I missing something

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

QuarkMartial posted:

I'm glad mine isn't cut while I'm running parts.

The upside to this is that if you don't average more than 7.25 an hour with tips they have to make up the difference. This of course requires you to claim any cash tips (cards are done automatically) so the system knows what you're owed. This ensures no cash tips are ever claimed.

I'd forgotten how much of a "gently caress you" the food service industry is on basically every level.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

jamal posted:

That's exactly where it is. Closed to cars for another week or two, so the perfect time to go up on a bike.

We got up there sat morning, did that ride, set up camp, went for a short hike, then did a big hike Sunday. My only regret is going with vegetarians and not bringing my own food. Thankfully another person shared some of her beef jerky with me, and I had enough beer.

Here are a few other pictures

I worked up there in '99 and '00. Really need to get back up there some day, it's just beautiful country, and the best time to see it is the 'shoulder' seasons - right now before the tourists hit hard, and then the few weeks after the first real fall storm, during the 'Indian Summer' that is pretty much normal. I lived in East Glacier when I was up there, and drove that road a lot more times than I needed to. That little road (I think it's Montana 49?) just north of East Glacier that lets you bypass Browning when heading up along the east side of the park is a fantastic drive too.

I found a picture I took of a car driving through the 'Big Drift' right after they opened the road in '99.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

So how fast do new avatars show up? Oooo that's fast!

I'm not so much shiny and chrome but BLACK THUMBS FOREVER BITCHES.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Great Beer posted:

I think I figured out why this pizza hut can't keep drivers. 4 deliveries in 3 hours and less than 3 dollars in tips combined. :stare:

That's the kind of poo poo that made me leave my last store. Wasn't a Hut, it was a much smaller company (Jet's Pizza) - but on a Friday I'd be lucky to get 5 deliveries because they overstaffed so bad. Tips were a lot better at least (I averaged $4-5 per stop), but my busiest shift ever there only got me 18 deliveries (I rarely broke 8). I've broken 50 at the Hut, and came close to 60 at Papa John's.

I had 20 deliveries today, most of them between 11:15am and 3pm. Tips were what I would consider poo poo, I walked out with $71 (after spending $9 on lunch). For 20 deliveries I usually expect to bring home a Benjamin between tips and trip money.

Try to transfer to another store in a better area, though it's likely your RGM won't allow it so soon (and if you quit without a 2 weeks notice, you get marked not for rehire within that franchise). Or hit up Papa John's in a better area; they don't share applications across stores like Pizza Hut does, so you'll have to apply to each store separately (Pizza Hut's application system shares your application with all stores within X miles, even if they're different franchises). Go in and say hi to the manager a day or two after applying, and leave out the part about the Hut. I'd avoid Domino's personally, I worked there for 2 days before walking out.

Great Beer posted:

The upside to this is that if you don't average more than 7.25 an hour with tips they have to make up the difference. This of course requires you to claim any cash tips (cards are done automatically) so the system knows what you're owed. This ensures no cash tips are ever claimed.

I'd forgotten how much of a "gently caress you" the food service industry is on basically every level.

They have to, but in reality, you usually get fired for "not reporting tips" if you consistently average under $7.25 (this goes for any place that uses tip credit wages, not just pizza places). If your RGM is particularly assholeish, he/she will try to claim that your per-trip reimbursement is expected to be part of that $7.25, but AFAIK, IRS regulations consider that to be a fuel reimbursement, and isn't allowed to be considered as part of your wage. It's certainly not included in my paystub or my W2.

I used to claim a decent chunk of my cash tips, since I used to deposit everything into my checking account every night after work (my credit union has those ATMs that take cash without an envelope or deposit slip). Now I just deposit what's been reported + trip/mileage, unless I need to pay bills right away. And I keep track of my mileage + gas expenses, so I'll be able to claim some of that when I file taxes.

I also got hosed on taxes - I worked 3 jobs last year, and since the franchise I work for doesn't show your tips (neither current pay period nor YTD) on your paystub, I thought I had made a lot less than I actually had - hence picking up the extra jobs. Turns out I made about $5k more than I thought, I went from a nearly $800 refund to owing $300 once I put in my Pizza Hut W2. :saddowns:

QuarkMartial posted:

Depends on the store. Mom and pop places are more likely to keep you at minimum wage the entire time you're clocked in (I always got $7.50/hr at Jet's, but didn't get a penny of the delivery fee), while the big 3 chains will always kneecap your pay while on delivery. I get $5.80 (I think, I'll have to look at tomorrow's paystub, since my "raise" took effect this pay period) while on delivery, compared to $7.25 while inside.

Drivers (hell, everyone in food service) still get hosed either way. Dating myself a bit here, but in 2001 at Papa John's, I got $7.50/hour as a driver (constant, not split wage) when minimum was $5.25, and got $0.69 per delivery (and an extra $0.25 per item over 4 items). $8.50/hr when I got promoted to shift manager, and when I took on delivery shifts to help out, I still got the $8.50. The Pizza Hut franchise I work for today starts shift managers at.. $8.50/hr. They max out at $13/hour for an hourly shift manger, which is actually decent for food service, but the GM at my store makes a whopping $35k. He and his wife had a kid, his wife got fired immediately after returning from maternity leave, and the 3 of them are now living with his parents.

Coredump posted:

Try convincing the customer that you don't get the delivery fee when they ask about it. :smithicide: The only time that's actually gone well for me is when someone asked me "so you get that $2.50 as a tip, right?" and I explained that no, I receive $1.10 of it (they've lowered it since then) to cover wear, tear, and fuel on my personal vehicle, and I'm paid below minimum wage - the delivery charge was just profit for the restaurant. He was well known as never tipping; I got :10bux: from him that day, and from what I heard, he always tipped pretty well after that.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 2, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

Bastard. I stayed in Shizuoka and spent a couple of days wandering around when I was there without any particular plan. Didn't know there was a Tamiya factory with tours. Looking at the map I think I probably walked right past it too!
It's not really a factory tour, just a small exhibition area with old kits, examples of model building competition winners, some if the original cars used to base models off, and a small shop.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I have been awake for 30 hours now and my last sleep period was only 2 hours long. I was having trouble staying awake halfway through a route tonight so I popped two Excedrin and pseudoephedrine and have been kicking back coffee by the quart. I have no idea how I am not dead of a heart attack yet. I still have to be awake for another 5 hours to go pick up an engine hoist and stand from a friend so I can refresh the gaskets on the Toyota motor later today after I wake up from the inevitable crash.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

Wait did cat terrist change his name to cat interceptor or am I missing something

Duuuuuuuude, you are slooooow on the uptake on that one :D

Altho to be fair you werent the only person confused so far.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I had to stop looking at the GBS thread when people started claiming fuel injection was modern

my ocd started to hurt

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I might have gone crazy on buying avatars during my three hours of internet yesterday. Sorry that some of them were done in MSPaint, it's all we have on the work computers. Quite proud of the stitch one, though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I want to make a pixel animation of Immortan Joe but I have no creative skills beyond cutting clips out of YouTube and loving with the file settings until it's less than 100kb:saddowns:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I always just saw cat and moved on knowing it was you haha, v nice

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Same. I just see "CAT". The rest doesn't matter. If he ever changes "CAT" to something else? I'd be screwed.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh haha, I thought you were V8 INTERCEPTOR. Still trying to match the avs to people too since thats mostly what I pay attention to.

Geirskogul posted:

I might have gone crazy on buying avatars during my three hours of internet yesterday. Sorry that some of them were done in MSPaint, it's all we have on the work computers. Quite proud of the stitch one, though.

Oh that was you? Thanks bud! It rocks.

Yea and who is BloodBag, still havent figured that one out with the name change.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Fart Pipe posted:

Oh haha, I thought you were V8 INTERCEPTOR. Still trying to match the avs to people too since thats mostly what I pay attention to.

Oh that was you? Thanks bud! It rocks.

Yea and who is BloodBag, still havent figured that one out with the name change.

i hope senpai notices me

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

You realize I'm trolling there, right? That's literally a hybrid drive unit pulled out of a junkyard car and plopped on top of the engine compartment of an XJ. I just pushed the cut cable ends down and out of sight for the picture :v:

Of course we got to bullshitting and I'm 99% sure it can be done, it would just involve a combination of chevy/dodge NP205, jeep M715 NP200, aftermarket, and custom machined parts to hook the hybrid BLDC motor to the drivetrain, rather than just slapping them into the transfer case. They simply won't fit there, but I'm going to play some games with old alternator and transfer case parts and take a few pics to stir the troll threads a bit more in a few days, because alternator stators look very much like hybrid motor stators except for scale and no one in those threads has any idea how big a hybrid BLDC stator is anyways.

Well, the drive unit as they call it is literally just a 33kW BLDC driver. It's got two channels, appears to contain six very large IGBT transistors and a control/IGBT gate driver board, 3 450VDC 2700uF electrolytic capacitors, a ton of other assorted parts, water cooling channels, etc. I believe the smaller channel is used for regenerative braking but I'm not really sure. One channel may be a fully controlled bridge consisting of SCRs rather than IGBTs, but at least one channel is IGBTs based on the legends on the board, it made many mentions of gate drives.

Once I'm done messing around with it and lose interest I'll likely sell it to a friend who is building a powered paraglider right now, which basically amounts to a big rear end lithium ion battery pack, a 3 phase BLDC driver, a paraglider, a 3 phase brushless DC motor, and a propeller. He's tired of spending stupid amounts of money on BLDC drivers... this one cost me $40 at the junkyard and is about ten times more powerful than anything he has gotten so far. In fact I think I have him convinced he should build an electric ultralight using a prius battery pack and stator + rotor as well as this. :haw:

On the other hand, 33kW is 44hp. That's easily enough to maintain highway speed in almost any small factory vehicle... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have a feeling if I reverse engineer this hybrid drive unit I should scoop all the ones in the local yards before releasing any info because once it's out there, every electric vehicle hobbyist and electronics tinkerer in the country is going to be looking for one and availability/price will go to poo poo. Right now they're super available because they never fail and the counter guy had never sold one, so he just threw a random price at me.

I meant you salvaging the Prius stuff. I know the other stuff was a troll.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Jesus gently caress. My work is having a "Wellness challenge". Every year before its been optional and now suddenly the regional director has decided its a great "team building" activity and its now mandatory. We're split up into teams and the losers have to provide a potluck to the winners.

I loving hate this place.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

1500quidporsche posted:

Jesus gently caress. My work is having a "Wellness challenge". Every year before its been optional and now suddenly the regional director has decided its a great "team building" activity and its now mandatory. We're split up into teams and the losers have to provide a potluck to the winners.

That's some find-a-new-job-and-submit-your-two-weeks' bullshit right there.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

:goonsay:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm mostly joking but that's not that big of a deal lol, plus it just means free food for you!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Safety Dance posted:

What? No. That is some lose on purpose and bring a box full of donuts and French pastries to the potluck as revenge style bullshit. Alternately, find a friend with an MD (or a Ph.D if that is all you can find) and have them write you a doctors note saying you can't participate due to something something - Dr. Friendly Friend

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Safety Dance posted:

That's not even the worst thing I've had to put up with in terms of team building garbage. It is garbage though and a little suspicious since we are a health insurance company the "initial wellness assessment" pretty much matches question for question our "health evidence questionnaire" and there's a disclaimer that your employer can look at your info with no anonymity.

I am actively looking for a new job though.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

1500quidporsche posted:

Jesus gently caress. My work is having a "Wellness challenge". Every year before its been optional and now suddenly the regional director has decided its a great "team building" activity and its now mandatory.

Ugh, i hate teamwork.

"There's no i in team!"

Correct. *I* don't want to be in a team.

1500quidporsche posted:

We're split up into teams and the losers have to provide a potluck to the winners.

What the actual gently caress is that bullshit? What a cuntish thing to do, gently caress that.

1500quidporsche posted:

Don't blame you.

So after 4 months of "running" my own business into the ground i'm actually worse off than when i started. Can't get enough work, i can pay all the bills and poo poo but it doesn't actually leave me anything to pay myself. I need to turn over £200-300/day and have turned £240 in the last 2 weeks. (Yet did a clutch on Saturday and got £150 for it.) Gonna fold this poo poo, go work for someone for a year to save up and move to Canada to go back to being a mech, at least until i can stay permanently and then switch back to driving.

Boo hoo Moose, another of my gently caress-ups.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

Um.....this may actually be illegal.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

El Jebus posted:

Alternately, find a friend with an MD (or a Ph.D if that is all you can find) and have them write you a doctors note saying you can't participate due to something something - Dr. Friendly Friend

I have a gently caress defficiency, i literally have no fucks to give. Sorry.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Or find out the criteria to determine victory and crush all before you.

Mooseykins posted:

Ugh, i hate teamwork.

"There's no i in team!"
"...but there is a U in oval office!"

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Mooseykins posted:

Ugh, i hate teamwork.

"There's no i in team!"

Correct. *I* don't want to be in a team.

What the actual gently caress is that bullshit? What a cuntish thing to do, gently caress that.

Don't blame you.

So after 4 months of "running" my own business into the ground i'm actually worse off than when i started. Can't get enough work, i can pay all the bills and poo poo but it doesn't actually leave me anything to pay myself. I need to turn over £200-300/day and have turned £240 in the last 2 weeks. (Yet did a clutch on Saturday and got £150 for it.) Gonna fold this poo poo, go work for someone for a year to save up and move to Canada to go back to being a mech, at least until i can stay permanently and then switch back to driving.

Boo hoo Moose, another of my gently caress-ups.

Man gently caress it. You'll never know if you didn't give it a shot. Mad props even if you do pack it up. Starting a business is loving hell.

• Locked thread