Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Is there a way to make the AI slow down so you can process what it's doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Is there a way to make the AI slow down so you can process what it's doing?

unfortunately not, the AI moves much like the game unfortunately, a blur.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi, it may be a good idea to add this image to the first post. It's good advice from the King of Games himself.

Remember kids, don't get overconfident when you win, because Atem will loving kill you!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

It's true, massive levels of salt can kill you.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Discard one card. Receive a level 1-3 tuner or a level 4.
The level 1 increases a symphonic's level by the number of cards in your hand
The level 2 changes a symphonic's attribute
The level 3 tuner changes a symphonic's type
The level 3 pendulum SS's a symphonic from grave on NS. It's also a scale 7 if you're into the whole pendulum summoning gimmick.
The level 4 is a flip monster that searches any symphonic from deck, and can copy any other symphonic's effect and name onto itself.
The level 4 can banish itself from the grave to SS a differently named banished symphonic.
The 1-3 tuners can banish themselves from grave to do their effect on a symphonic on field.

Now go forth and synchro summon.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 13, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

That misuse of your/you're tilts me way harder than the prospect of playing the King of Games himself.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Now go forth and synchro summon.

Are they all wind things and presumably machines?

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

All wind, all machines. At least, they start that way.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Zoness posted:

That misuse of your/you're tilts me way harder than the prospect of playing the King of Games himself.

Are they all wind things and presumably machines?

Yes.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Does that mean it's time to jam cyber dragon / chimeratech fortress again? :getin:

Unless they also have the dumb qliphort clause.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zoness posted:

Does that mean it's time to jam cyber dragon / chimeratech fortress again? :getin:

Unless they also have the dumb qliphort clause.

1. They only have the one Pendulum monster.
2. No there's no limit on what they can do, Guitaars is just good at searching Symphonic Warriors. So go nuts.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Don't worry, nothing is as xenophobic as Qlis. Guitaars is good even without another scale, since he's a spell card that doesn't take up space.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Thoughts on Pendulum Normals so far: 10/10, would turn 1 Cyber Dragon Infinity + Evolzar Solda again.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Thoughts on Pendulum Normals so far: 10/10, would turn 1 Cyber Dragon Infinity + Evolzar Solda again.

Could you share your decklist? I tried making a Pendulum Normal deck and failed miserably.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Guys, think our new TCG archetype is The Wizard of Oz...IN SPACE. :stare:

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7285

quote:

Kozmotown
Field Spell
Once per turn: you can Target 1 of your banished “Kozmo” monsters; return it to the hand, and if you do, lose LP equal to its original Level X 300. Once per turn: You can reveal any number of “Kozmo” monsters in your hand; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw cards equal to the number of cards shuffled into the Deck. If this card in the Field Zone is destroyed by a card effect; you can add 1 “Kozmo” card from the Deck to your hand.

EDIT: Yeah, it's 100% Space Oz. The Wizard of Oz (the book) was originally published in 1900.

I am TOTALLY down for this.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 14, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dexie posted:

Guys, think our new TCG archetype is The Wizard of Oz...IN SPACE. :stare:

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7285

EDIT: Yeah, it's 100% Space Oz. The Wizard of Oz (the book) was originally published in 1900.

I am TOTALLY down for this.

I love this dumb broken mess of a game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the greatest card game ever

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Oh, and it's brick proof. If you've got the wrong monsters, the field fixes that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So is safe to assume they will rely on banishing?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd say wait to see a few more cards, but it seems like that might be the case.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

What makes you so sure that it's based on the Wizard of Oz? It seems like a generic sci-fi town to me.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

paradoxGentleman posted:

What makes you so sure that it's based on the Wizard of Oz? It seems like a generic sci-fi town to me.

Well it has Oz in the name and the blurb on the article says

quote:

In the year 1900 of the Imperial Galactic Calendar, an unlikely band of friends will join together for a wonderful and often terrifying space adventure…
and since the Wizard of Oz was published in 1900 it seems like a pretty good guess that its based on the Wizard of Oz.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I haven't touched a Yugioh card in years, and the last time I even played a game, it was the 2009 World Championship game on the DS.

When I went to the weekly tournaments, I had a crappy Dark Paladin deck that was just legit no good, but God dammit, that was my favorite card and I was going to play it.

On the DS, I had a Raviel deck I saw in an old Beckett magazine, and then swapped to a pretty good Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon deck I had found online.
I actually thought about buying the cards for that deck not too long ago, since I missed playing card games, but most of the key cards for it are either banned or limited now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, new cards!

Stardust Assault Warrior
Level 6 WIND Warrior-Type Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2100
DEF 1200
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only us the (1) effect of “Stardust Assault Warrior” once per turn.
(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned, if you control no other monsters: You can target 1 “Junk” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.
(2) If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Numbers 93: Kibo’Ou Hope Kaiser / Number 93: Utopia Kaiser
Rank 12 LIGHT Warrior-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 2000
2 or more “Number” Xyz Monsters of the same Rank with Xyz Materials
(1) Once per turn: You can Special Summon any number of Rank 9 or lower “Number” monsters with 3000 or less ATK from your Extra Deck, up to the number of different Xyz Materials attached to this card, but their effects are negated (you can only Special Summon 1 monster per Rank), then detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect, also halve all battle damage your opponet would take for the rest of this turn.
(2) This card cannot be destroyed by battle or effect while you control another “Number” monster.

Enmaryuuou Red Daemon Calamity / Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity is next month’s V Jump Promo to coincide with High Speed Riders!

Man these cards are.... Utopia Kaiser is so loving ridiculously easy to get out. Because Rank 4 Toolbox needed another toolset.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kaiser seems like it'd take up way to much extra deck real estate to ever be useful in rank 4 and the "has to have material" clause makes it so that 101, the best number, is crap to use with it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

Kaiser seems like it'd take up way to much extra deck real estate to ever be useful in rank 4 and the "has to have material" clause makes it so that 101, the best number, is crap to use with it.

Not really. You summon and pop 101's effect, then use it to summon Kaiser with another R4.

Goddamnit more Junk support.
Xyz keeps getting amazing generics and synchro gets shafted with (old) archetype support.
The gently caress Konami.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Actually worse. You can't special summon the turn you do it, so you can't get it out on turn 1. And you can't use its effect until it's been on the field for a turn.

In short, much like Yugioh Zexal. It has a lot of impressive looking things but it's actually just crap.

Big numbers, that's what makes a duel exciting right?

EDIT: I'm misreading its effect actually.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 14, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stardust Asssault Warrior seems pretty neat at least. It'll probably just be Quasar fodder the majority of the time but seeing more support for "junk" is always nice. :shobon:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Stardust Asssault Warrior seems pretty neat at least. It'll probably just be Quasar fodder the majority of the time but seeing more support for "junk" is always nice. :shobon:

Assault warrior is really neat. I liked Stardust Warrior in general and he's very similar without the Synchro monster requirement. I mean poping back a Junk Synchron lets you set up for a level 4 as well. But it can also retrieve a Junk Synchro monster, I think. Maybe they have restrictions.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

What does "you can only summon 1 monster per rank" mean? That you can't, for example, summon two rank 9s?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

What does "you can only summon 1 monster per rank" mean? That you can't, for example, summon two rank 9s?

I think it's more that an R1 xyz Kaiser gets you 1 special summon.
R2 get you 2 and so on.
So R4 is, again, the best option for Kaiser.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

R2 get you 2 and so on.

I think Paradox is correct here. You can special summon a Rank 12, 11, 10, 9. but not a 12,12,11,11

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

R2 get you 2 and so on.

If you are correct, that it's really not much of a limitation at all, since the likely thing is that this is going to be the newest R4 beaststick summoner; hell, with advanced XYZ summoning you can still enjoy the effects of some monsters.
If I am correct than it is at least a limitation, albeit a really inelegant one, as it forces you to build your deck in a sliding scale, with some of the steps probably only coming into play with Kaiser's effect.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kaiser is trash for toolbox play. The special summoning, XYZ material and number clause combined makes it way to unweildy. It's going to need a dedicated deck.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Monarch players rejoice! your new support is here in Stucture Deck R!

Meitei Erebus / Erebus the Netherworld Monarch
Dark Zombie / Effect
LV8 2800/1000
You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Tribute Summoned monster. (1) If this card is Tribute Summoned: You can send 2 different “Monarch” Spell/Trap Cards from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, shuffle 1 card from your opponent’s hand, field, or Graveyard into the Deck. (2) Once per turn, during either player’s Main Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can discard 1 “Monarch” Spell/Trap Card, then target 1 monster in your Graveyard with 2400 or higher ATK and 1000 DEF; add it to your hand.

Meitei Juuki Eidos / Eidos the Netherworld Knight
Dark Spellcaster / Effect
LV2 800/1000
You can only use the (2) effect of “Eidos the Netherworld Knight” once per turn. (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can activate this effect; during this turn’s Main Phase, you can Tribute Summon 1 monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 monster with 800 ATK and 1000 DEF in your Graveyard, except “Eidos the Netherworld Knight”; you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, also Special Summon that monster in Defense Position.

Shingen no Teiou / The Original Monarch
Trap Continuous
You can only use the (2) effect of “The Original Monarch” once per turn. (1) Once per turn: You can target 2 “Monarch” Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card. (2) If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 other “Monarch” Spell/Trap Card from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster to your Monster Zone in Defense Position (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 5/1000/2400). (It is not treated as a Trap Card.)

Box art

Some of the cards inside

Next Month’s VJ will introduce the OTHER Monarch that comes with this Structure Deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh. A monarch with actual reason to stay on the field than being a beatstick after popping its effect.
Awesome.

Though arent Mega-Mons quite slow?

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Oh. A monarch with actual reason to stay on the field than being a beatstick after popping its effect.
Awesome.

Though arent Mega-Mons quite slow?

mega mobius and mega caius are really good

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

If Stardust Assault Warrior was level 5, I would be bouncing off the drat walls since Junk Doppel is my favourite deck. But, as it stands, this thing is kind of garbage unless you're using the non-synchron Junk monsters. The only time I ever go into lv6 synchros are with quickdraw+level eater/token, and that wouldn't even work here. Besides that, there are no good generic lv9 synchro monsters.

Don't tease me with junk support and break my heart, Konami.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How is it junk? You're supposed to do exactly what you just described with it. It encourages you to play more of Junk Warrior, Junk Archer and Level Eater since they together with our new Stardust give you another easy way to rapidly access Quasar.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Extra deck space is extremely tight. Adding a whole 2 or 3 more cards to it for a card that's really situational to summon is out of the question. That situation being, having exactly the means to go into lv6 with no other cards left over.

Let's say I have Junk Synchron & Doppelwarrior in hand, Level Eater in grave. This gives me the means to go into Assault Warrior, then so long as I don't summon doppeltokens I can bring back Junk Synchron, Level Eater, then go for a lv8 Synchro. Accel Synchron can do the same thing, though, while milling Jet Synchron from the deck and potentially making Stardust Warrior or RDA Abyss with the same cards.

I guess it's not a bad card, but it's outclassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RDAbyss needs a Dark dragon but yeah I see what youre saying.

Still though Konami needs to stop it with all the goddamn Junk/Synchron support. It's fun stuff and wouldve destroyed the Meta right before R4 toolboxes became a thing, but goddamn it isnt making synchro as viable as xyz.

I want more and better synchro generics, more and better tuners. None of these archetype locks. More monsters with 'this cannot be used as an xyz material'. More low level synchro plays. Going for L6-8 is getting boring.

Also Eidos is the best Vassal to ever Vass.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 14, 2015

• Locked thread