Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I was really mad that Carrie called Allison. Like NO YOU IDIOT SHE'S THE PROBLEM and Carrie is just all like "Please help me :(" You're hosed, Carrie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Obscurity posted:

I was really mad that Carrie called Allison. Like NO YOU IDIOT SHE'S THE PROBLEM and Carrie is just all like "Please help me :(" You're hosed, Carrie.

Carrie's plot armour wouldn't take a scratch from a bunker buster. It will be fascinating to see what happens to the sniper who's about to take the shot at her in the preview clip.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Boatswain posted:

^^^ Nice survey :allears:

In addition, he was also too happy for his own good. And since happiness is a harbinger of death on this show, he was twice as dead as a regular ancillary character.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Obscurity posted:

I actually liked that touch, because Carrie has no idea Allison is the villain and has no reason to think so. It makes sense for her to do that.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I thought Allison was originally an SVR plant who rose up through the ranks of the CIA. Kind of surprised to learn that she was recruited/blackmailed into being a mole. There's going to be some serious cat and mouse between the Russians and Carrie now that Allison's cover has been blown. I wonder if she'll cooperate with Carrie or mount up behind the SVR.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Why did Nasari end up going to Banana Joe's if that whole plan was just to set up Alison to get her to work with the Russians? He could have gone anywhere after his death was faked

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Wandle Cax posted:

Why did Nasari end up going to Banana Joe's if that whole plan was just to set up Alison to get her to work with the Russians? He could have gone anywhere after his death was faked

Dude, they're the best daiquiris on the planet. How could he not go?

Honestly, I think once she got on board with the Russians and Nasari was already "dead" there was no tension between them, he was still into her, and she was feeling newly strong and free, so he tagged along on her trip for some quality time.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

To get the best daiquiri in the world of course.

e- beaten by seconds

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

"Ok I'm finally in the computer but I have no idea what we're even looking fo- oh wait no it's cool I've got everything I need from the screensaver, cheers"

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
People still use screensavers in 2015? And one with a picture from a decade ago at that.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

ShakeZula posted:

Dude, they're the best daiquiris on the planet. How could he not go?

Honestly, I think once she got on board with the Russians and Nasari was already "dead" there was no tension between them, he was still into her, and she was feeling newly strong and free, so he tagged along on her trip for some quality time.

If Nasari was in on the Russian plot, then why would she want to spend any more quality time with him? She'd hate him at that point surely?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

If Nasari was in on the Russian plot, then why would she want to spend any more quality time with him? She'd hate him at that point surely?

He seemed like a reluctant part of the plan, and she seems to been successfully seduced by the money and promises of power that the Russians were offering. At that point (and the bar picture could have been taken at any point in the ten-year gap, really) it's reasonable to assume there was no bad blood on her part.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Allison isn't in the picture. Could be Nazari went by himself. He did get a ticket to St. Lucia from Allison :v:

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
The preview for next week's episode majorly spoils Quinn's fate if you read between the lines.

Also I think that whole situation feels really contrived. In fact this season in general depends way too much on crazy coincidences. Even the basic premise involves all the main characters randomly arriving in Berlin independently of each other.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

holy poo poo this episode

The sideplot with Quinn is very much a sideplot however, and it seems rather irrelevant to everything so far. But he's the only one who randomly arrived in Berlin as far as I can see?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I didn't see the preview for next week's episode, but I can't imagine Dar buying that line of garbage from Allison. That would be way too simple a play. There's got to be something more in the works.

Fantastic episode.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I'm just glad that this season features a heaping helping of in-depth spycraft.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
This season has just gotten better and better, except for Quinn's narrative which by now is boring me to tears.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Gonz posted:

I'm just glad that this season features a heaping helping of in-depth spycraft.

Yeah I like the spy craft and reading about its validity afterwards with that doctor fella who does in depth reviews on the wall street journal. It seems this season is pretty close to a plausible scenario in the American and European intelligence worlds.

Neba
Feb 1, 2004

After his exposure, Quinn becomes even more deadly with the ability to breathe pure Sarin gas on his terrorist enemies. :barf:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Neba posted:

After his exposure, Quinn becomes even more deadly with the ability to breathe pure Sarin gas on his terrorist enemies. :barf:

I would love to see a spin off mini series of Quinn's time in Syria doing the whole black ops thing. It would be cool to see an accurate depiction of intelligence gathering in a war zone, especially since it's the actual war going on right now in Syria.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm totally going to look for Youtube videos of sarin gas attack

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I'm surprised that he hadn't seen the videos before, if he loathed Assad so much.

There are, in fact, a lot of videos on youtube showing the results of the Ghouta attacks, nor are they hard to find.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm totally going to look for Youtube videos of sarin gas attack

I regret everything

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

I regret everything

Now go on liveleak and search for cartel & ISIS executions, good night!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Boatswain posted:

Now go on liveleak and search for cartel & ISIS executions, good night!

al hayat media will serve nicely too.

Or really just watch combat footage from the syrian civil war.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
isn't next eps the season finale? wouldn't be surprised to see Quinn die since they've seem to run out of ideas to integrate him into the story

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Geno posted:

isn't next eps the season finale? wouldn't be surprised to see Quinn die since they've seem to run out of ideas to integrate him into the story

3 episodes to go.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I regret everything
           /
          /

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Anyway , came here to post that I've been liking the season so far. The Quinn plotline is a bit meh, but the scenario is very cool because it's so close to current events. I wonder how well this season will age.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
There's no way that line from Allison could fly. Wouldn't it be insanely easy to check what intelligence has flowed in what direction? How about the original stuff with the informant in Baghdad and how Carrie wasn't told the judge was trying to reach her?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I shall now only refer to him as Quinn Bauer due to his ability to fall into awful situations just by simply existing, much like Kim Bauer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I shall now only refer to him as Quinn Bauer due to his ability to fall into awful situations just by simply existing, much like Kim Bauer.

If he manages to escape certain Sarin gas death, he'll encounter a mountain lion 100 yards outside of the building.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

He's gonna suffer permanent neurological damage in addition to his sadbrains. :smith:

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

hepscat posted:

There's no way that line from Allison could fly. Wouldn't it be insanely easy to check what intelligence has flowed in what direction? How about the original stuff with the informant in Baghdad and how Carrie wasn't told the judge was trying to reach her?

Well, I gather Carrie wasn't part of the CIA at that point and even on bad terms with Saul, so I don't see why she would have been contacted. It might actually be a more plausible story than you're making it out to be - didn't the Russian guy tell her he'd be sharing secrets with her too when he was trying to turn her?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

SintaxError posted:

didn't the Russian guy tell her he'd be sharing secrets with her too when he was trying to turn her?

Yup. They'd want her to feel good about the whole thing and to get promoted as far as possible.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

He pitched it as a 'relationship' so she's definitely going to be able to point to some good info she's got from the Russians. But right off the bat, it's going to be obvious she was responsible for blowing up the Syrian's plane etc so it would go against everything we know about Dar Adal if he believes her.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
Haven't watched the preview, but Quinn's obviously going to make it. He didn't get a silent clock after all

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
I'm willing to believe some Homeland writer got horribly betrayed by a woman recently and that's where the character of Allison came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

The scene that shows Allison buying that $500 purse totally made me think she was gonna ditch the bugged purse in lieu of her newly acquired merchandise and it was going to gently caress everything up for Saul. I was pleasantly surprised that she didn't have Amazon Prime.

• Locked thread