Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The early access Alpha contains 15 levels. We expect to leave early access sometime in 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We're spending 3 years making different sized walls for you to blow up in our already fully functional physics engine for some reason.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I hope the list is different/more extensive than the one allegedly leaked, since I have most of those games. I'll also be giving out any extras to my fellow imps in teh imp zone

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really liked it when I played it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I really liked it when I played it

It looks fun but honestly ... The scale of that game does not require 3 years of development.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also have a set of personal ideals that means I will never buy an Early Access game on principal

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe not, but it's fully playable right now. Hell Nuclear Throne was in for that long and it has been great for a long time

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

I hope the list is different/more extensive than the one allegedly leaked, since I have most of those games. I'll also be giving out any extras to my fellow imps in teh imp zone

The structure they said for the games was

1 "hot title" game that's less than a year old (Saints Row 4)
1 "highly-acclaimed" game that's one to two years old. (Valkyria)
1-2 hit indie games (Besiege and Grimrock)
1-2 "hidden gems" from developers (Which should be the ones we haven't seen yet)

They said on average 6 games, so there's very likely 2 more if the list there turns out to be correct.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

No Such Thing posted:

Yea sure, I just sent a friend request to your steam account. So if it ends up as one of the games i'll shoot you the code or gift or whatever it's going to be.

Gamer hell yeah

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not all early access is AIDS IMO. Just most.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Nuclear Throne is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yeah, the big fear for me is that I really like it and play for 90 minutes and then that's it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I was really impressed when Prison Architect actually left early access.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

No Such Thing posted:

The structure they said for the games was

1 "hot title" game that's less than a year old (Saints Row 4)
1 "highly-acclaimed" game that's one to two years old. (Valkyria)
1-2 hit indie games (Besiege and Grimrock)
1-2 "hidden gems" from developers (Which should be the ones we haven't seen yet)

They said on average 6 games, so there's very likely 2 more if the list there turns out to be correct.

saints row 4 is over 2 years old tho

lol full price on steam it costs $15 and its been as low as $4, if you dont already own saints row 4 you dont want it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

it's only ok to buy early access if the current game is what you want to buy. in besiege now you can make this so im fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxTQwnxhuqk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

it's only ok to buy early access if the current game is what you want to buy. in besiege now you can make this so im fine:

lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bolverkur posted:

lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Yeah, the big fear for me is that I really like it and play for 90 minutes and then that's it

Sometimes that's the case with non early access games for me lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bolverkur posted:

okay i want this now...

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sometimes that's the case with non early access games for me lol

Steam Refunds have made it a lot safer.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

This is the one that made me want this game. Lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Time to install Besieged again

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Time to install Besieged again

i hate uninstalling games i want to install every game i have. my hard drives are full of games

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need to buy a new hard drive just for steam

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I bought a 3 TB hard drive a couple of years ago and I still struggle to make room.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It doesn't help that recent games are like 40+ GB. Black Ops 3 is 60 loving gigabytes and that's without any of the map packs or DLC.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It doesn't help that recent games are like 40+ GB. Black Ops 3 is 60 loving gigabytes and that's without any of the map packs or DLC.

Or 1GB steampunk costumes

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Or 1GB steampunk costumes

well steampunk is a very inefficient technology

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I bought a 3 TB hard drive a couple of years ago and I still struggle to make room.

i have two 2tb hard drives and spent a couple hours a couple weeks ago freeing up a bunch of space because i only had about 30 gb left

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i need a new 2tb and a solid state drive for super gaming

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I need a girl friend. Jk.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

I need a girl friend. Jk.

this but without the jk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the coveted Gaming Girl...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Adbot