Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BrownThunder posted:

Would absolutely watch this

wait is this not real

my hopes got entirely too high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wait is this not real

my hopes got entirely too high

I made up the script in hopes that ESPN would take hold. Steve Smith needs a 30 for 30 if those fuckin nonredeemable retards in Boston get one

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

BrownThunder posted:

I made up the script in hopes that ESPN would take hold. Steve Smith needs a 30 for 30 if those fuckin nonredeemable retards in Boston get one

He already has one. But he needs another one.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean, there won't be anyone like Steve Smith but it's really stupid to say there will be plenty of Andre Johnsons

Johnson's entire career was catching passes from the worst QBs in the NFL and he still dominated and was top 3 at any given time
Oberst is correct in what I meant. Andre Johnson was great, but we will see plenty of massive 6'3 receivers dominate. AJ Green, Julio Jones, etc. just right now.

Let me know next time a 5'9 wide receiver dominates the entire NFL on physicality. I'll be waiting a while.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Hm I didn't know being small was a major factor in hof voting. Danny woodhead future hofer?

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I definitely don't think the Panthers being a run first team even in his best years is an argument that will help his cause. I'm not taking a stance either way but everybody knows how a room full of poo poo slinging baboons sports writers will spin that in a second.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Big Jesus posted:

Hm I didn't know being small was a major factor in hof voting. Danny woodhead future hofer?

Doug Flutie, unironically

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

HE LIVES

Edit:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The closest chance we have to another Doug and OB show would be Eugene Robinson (Panthers ex safety amazing color guy) and Steve Smith going off on postgame shows.

Eugene Robinson gets so into the games I thought he might charge the field and kick the crap out of OBJ himself. They would be gold together. Mend those fences Jerry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

HE LIVES

Edit:

37 is trash, 24 is trash, and 43? is a fuckboy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Steve Smith is definitely going to be arrested on assault and battery sometime in the next 5 years.

But he's making the hall. Dudes a prime example of toughness!

And lol to TO not getting into the HOF

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Steve Smith is co hosting Mike and Mike for like two hours today lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ehud posted:

Steve Smith is co hosting Mike and Mike for like two hours today lol

some poor producer probably has his hand hovering right over the dump button all show

wonder how long Mike and Mike's delay is :v:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

quote:

Now pundits are questioning whether Smith will be able to be as good next season, when he’s 37 years old and returning from Achilles surgery. And to that, Smith had one of his classic roasts. “To be honest, you guys don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, so it doesn’t matter,” he said. “The numbers I put up will be the numbers I put up, and I’ll happen to put up those numbers at the age of 37.”

Smith knows he isn’t the same player he was 15 years ago, but who is?

“Can I run like I used to at 22? No,” he said. “But I’m comfortable being 37 years old, being on this team, and they’re comfortable with me. When I started to put up good numbers, you guys told me, ‘Well, he’ll tail off.’ What you need to do is just let me play and quit commenting about my play, because every time you all tell me something I can’t do, then you have a reason for why I’m doing it. … Just let me play. Quit asking me what I’m going to put up. I’m going to put up the numbers I put up and contribute the way I contribute at age 37.”

Smith said it wasn’t a financial decision, as he’s heard from some in the media. “People say that my financial planner told me I should come back. I’m straight. It’s not any concern,” he said with a laugh.

“I do have a desire to play and also have an organization that wants me to play and is encouraging me to keep playing, so that’s what I’m going to do. I’m under contract for one more year, so it’s not like we’re making huge moves. I’m under contract.”

“Despite reports that I’m doing hydrotherapy, I’m the driest hydrotherapy recipient ever,” Smith joked. “I won’t be ahead of schedule. If anything, to be safe, I’ll be behind schedule. With an injury like this, you don’t want to be ahead of schedule. That takes away a lot of stuff.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...df-4eec587ad222

:getin:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@89SteveSmith: HOU if you don't have a good Game plan in regular season ain't no way in hell. Your going to figure it out in the playoffs #wishfulthinking

@KATS3535: @89SteveSmith how's your couch??

@89SteveSmith: Actually sitting in my favorite Chair with my hand on my wife's boob... so I'm str8

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
If it were up to me the motherfucker would be in first ballot, but it ain't, sadly. I guess in 5 or 6 years we'll find out how close he's really gonna get.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fenrir posted:

If it were up to me the motherfucker would be in first ballot, but it ain't, sadly. I guess in 5 or 6 years we'll find out how close he's really gonna get.

there's no way

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I'd have to wonder what percentage of the vote he'd get.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
SSS deserves the Hall.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ross Angeles posted:

there's no way

Probably not. Which is sad when motherfuckers like Jerome Bettis and Art Monk get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fenrir posted:

Probably not. Which is sad when motherfuckers like Jerome Bettis and Art Monk get in.

they weren't first ballot

• Locked thread