Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost:

Asiina posted:

4) ULTIMATE BETRAY

:ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
mr. mills' turnip please tell us our fates!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
also question: are point totals public? or what about brick total? brick and point total? neither?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hahaha.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Asiina votes for MMM.
FoxTerrier votes for Asiina.
Jon Joe votes for MMM.
MMM votes for Asiina.

EVERYONE DIES! Congratulations.

Match 1 ends in a stalemate.

Match 2 will begin shortly.

Just Asiina and mmm die. Give me a sec to do final two, I wasn't expecting to run through a whole match with just my phone today.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 15, 2015

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Asiina votes for MMM.
FoxTerrier votes for Asiina.
Jon Joe votes for MMM.
MMM votes for Asiina.

EVERYONE DIES! Congratulations.

Match 1 ends in a stalemate.

Match 2 will begin shortly.

No? Just MMM and Asiina die.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
"all tied players who did not play their ambush card". MMM and Asiina are tied. They die.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, uh what?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
By shortly, I mean like 15 minutes? Feel free to vent until then.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

By shortly, I mean like 15 minutes? Feel free to vent until then.

Read your own rules Somber.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ohh. I misread that. Sorry, it's been a long day!

Yeah, what they said.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jesus christ I almost exploded

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay guys I am sorry!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Ohh. I misread that. Sorry, it's been a long day!

Yeah, what they said.

Okay I heavily await our top 2!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Okay guys I am sorry!

it's ok

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay quick refresher(for me).

you guys know the drill, go for it. no deadline unless we need one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Bricks have values of 3/4/5. You can see how many bricks anyone has but the brick value is secret. To be clear, you can't transfer part of a brick. Distribution is as follows:
25 3's, 40 4's, 10 5's.

Showdowns are submitted to me then publicly revealed like everything else.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 15, 2015

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
SHOWDOWN RESULTS

FoxTerrier plays SPLIT/SHARE

jonjoe plays STEAL

FoxyT is awarded 0 Bricks.
jj is awarded 4 Bricks.

I don't have access to my graphics, but I'll distribute gold shortly. Feel free to tell me if I hosed up because I don't trust myself at this point.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

MOTHER FUCKR

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

FoxTerrier posted:

MOTHER FUCKR

Tsk tsk wouldn't have happened like this if you trusted me

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
was joke, am giving gold now.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Tsk tsk wouldn't have happened like this if you trusted me

L O L

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll try to have everything important resolved within the hour.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think that's all the housekeeping stuff. I don't have access to all my graphics right now like a dummy, but I sent out messages to everyone that was knocked out round 1 last game.

jonjoe sent a brick to FoxTerrier.
jonjoe sent a brick to Asiina
jonjoe sent a brick to MMM

Brick totals will be updated in the op. Ooh, I could assign votefinder votes to keep track of them.

MATCH 2 BEGINS

Deadline is 10pm cst Sunday.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
hi everyone my name is jon joe and I am new at this game I hope I can be all your friends in this, the second round :)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
everyone probably mildly dislikes me after my little stunt so working with me has the benefit of nobody else suspecting it!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
i'm so desperate for friends
:qqsay:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm alive!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I vote, I die, I vote again!

New breath fills my lungs, new blood fills my veins, I feel the urge once more to cower in a little hole like a coward.

I'm at my girlfriend's house right now, without access to Skype. I won't, in fact, have access to those until Sunday around 11:30pm EST. That said, if anyone wishes to contact me via PMs, I'm very willing to listen to offers and/or other discussion with regards to the proper dispensation of this mini-round. Be well all!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am very cross with some of you

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Just my opinion, but I really feel like being allowed to divy out the gold after a round very much goes against the idea of this game. Did JJ see the values on the gold before it was divied out?

Also I think it will really make this game drag on way past the point of being fun

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am very cross with some of you

Ditto, Hal

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Just my opinion, but I really feel like being allowed to divy out the gold after a round very much goes against the idea of this game. Did JJ see the values on the gold before it was divied out?

Also I think it will really make this game drag on way past the point of being fun

To elaborate on this a bit, the game is clearly set up as a game of deception and distrust, and private information that no one else is privy to, as well as your classic Prisoners Dilema to end a standoff. The game also features a catchup mechanic in that distrust should be build up among people betraying each other, and players do not know the ammount of points each other have, so players would be less inclined to let a player with bricks have the opportunity to win multiple rounds. Allowing players to redistribute bricks takes away the "secret" of which bricks does a player have so points are more known to a select few, but also encourages a group to completely single out the rest of the game, and run the show together, because no one is ever in a position to win until very late game when half of the game has 3-5 bricks and the other half is just the minority throughout the game.

I really think we should go back to day 1 and redo the prisoners dilema portion of it, or if not, take away the bricks and redistribute 4 random bricks to Jon Joe as the round winner.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I can agree on that logic, but I suppose we'd have to undo to the point where somber clarified that bricks can be traded

E: and also I don't really think that because a redistribution happened one time that it will happen everytime

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, to be clear we planned for that to happen specifically because Somber said bricks could be traded. Things would have worked out differently if they hadn't.

I'm indifferent, honestly. I think both brick trading and not trading are fine options, they just require different strategies.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I think that at this point, it's too late to put the genie back in the bottle. We can review that rule if Tontine is ever run again, but for now, I think we should continue with the rules as played rather than trying to undo things.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Jake the gold distribution was OK'd by the GM. If you want to see about forbidding such moves in future rounds then OK, but canceling or re-doing actions that have already taken place with GM approval would be not cool (at all).

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I mean at this point this isnt the game that I signed up to play, and this house rule makes the game more frustrating than fun

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
feels more like a lovely episode of Liar Game than a tontine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

FoxTerrier posted:

Jake the gold distribution was OK'd by the GM. If you want to see about forbidding such moves in future rounds then OK, but canceling or re-doing actions that have already taken place with GM approval would be not cool (at all).

And to comment on this, I think it would be way less cool to change the rule but to allow round 1s result to still exist as it is, and even less cool to continue with this rule in place at all.

• Locked thread