Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thoguh posted:

I assume everyone else was also watching Cyclones.TV last night to see Iowa State beat down on Chattanooga. But this happened.

Fine that ref for flopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The 5-0 Gamecocks are your 2015 Paradise Jam champs and off to their best start in 11 years. I'm happy.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Illinois was one shot away from losing to Chicago State. What the gently caress happened to this program

you traded Bruce Weber for John Groce lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Great Autismo! posted:

you traded Bruce Weber for John Groce lol

So an even trade then?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Weber wasn't going to keep Illinois at Self's level, Weber probably couldn't keep it where Illinois fans wanted it, but John Groce is not better than Weber.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was just alluding to Weber's performance at K-State really.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Troy Williams seems to come from a cool and level headed family

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bad things happening to Crean make me hard.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
why are you looking at a player's mom's facebook

oh poo poo someone's mom has a high opinion of her son, alert the media

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's not my screenshot it was on Twitter

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Dakich was getting into it with some other lady related to Troy. Oh god I really feel the wheels are going to come off at some point this year and it's going to be glorious.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
My mom probably thinks I should be Iowa's starting PG.

If your mom does not have an unrealistically high opinion of your athletic abilities and want good things for you you have a lovely mom and should feel bad

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kiimo posted:

Bad things happening to Crean make me hard.

Basically this

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MourningView posted:

If your mom does not have an unrealistically high opinion of your athletic abilities and want good things for you you have a lovely mom and should feel bad

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich
Who defends coaches from moronic parents and family members?

then he goes on to retweet and rip Troy Williams' mom lol, I freakin' love Dakich

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
he is seriously the worst

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

My mom doesn't know what a producer is and keeps telling me I should be a stand-up comedian, the pinnacle of employment opportunities. I don't think she realizes that means coke addict who sleeps on other people's couches.

You're welcome for my story.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
enh, stupid and pointlessly mean joke, never mind.

edit: substantively: Virginia is underrated again this year and the loss to GW (who are turning out to be a very good team themselves) will just reinforce that for a while.

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 25, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I was just alluding to Weber's performance at K-State really.

I get the sense that K State fans are pretty happy with Weber and I don't understand it. I mean that's a surprisingly good program historically, also for reasons I don't really understand.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 25, 2015

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I just saw that a USC player had the saddest kind of double-double, the assist/rebound combo.

Come one man, you really couldnt have scored 4 more points :negative:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State wins in overtime over LSU. Desperately needed that one, only other chance for a decent non-conference win is Michigan, and I, uh, kinda doubt that's gonna happen.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I get the sense that K State fans are pretty happy with Weber and I don't understand it. I mean that's a surprisingly good program historically, also for reasons I don't really understand.

If I went from Frank Martin to Bruce Weber, I'd be so loving pissed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I'm still in shock that they got Michael Beasley to leave Washington D.C. and go live in Manhattan. Like what?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

I'm still in shock that they got Michael Beasley to leave Washington D.C. and go live in Manhattan. Like what?

Maybe he was from the shithole part of DC.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Maybe he was from the shithole part of DC.

So DC?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

DC is a good city, sorry bout your dumb opinion

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whether DC is a good city or a bad city the operative word here is "city".

Manhattan is a truck stop.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

Whether DC is a good city or a bad city the operative word here is "city".

Manhattan is a truck stop.

Well he probably knew he was only going for a year. How many 5-star prospects do one year at some prep school in bumfuck nowhere before college?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
They likely promised him gallon bags of colorado weed

opks22
Dec 12, 2003

Something wicked this way comes.

Diallo cleared - he is available for the game on Dec. 1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Total of 5 game suspension including the four already missed, for "limited extra benefits" which can be shortened to "BS" but whatever, Dec. 1 he's back.

And frankly KU needs the post help and rim protection quite badly. Good news for KU fans and fans of Cheick (of which there will soon be many more).

edit: it seems the amount of impressionable benefits over the course of five years by Cheick's guardian whom he lived with amounts to $165.

quote:

Jesse Newell ‏@jessenewell 7m 7 minutes ago
Attorney Don Jackson on Diallo situation: "The reality of the matter is, agents don’t give players $165."

Jesse Newell ‏@jessenewell 6m 6 minutes ago
Don Jackson says $165 Diallo received came after process to make Tidiane Drame his legal guardian had already started.

Jesse Newell ‏@jessenewell 3m 3 minutes ago
Don Jackson says $165 Diallo received from Drame were for things like cell-phone bills and travel, like Drame taking him to Walmart.

Way to go, NCAA you did your job this day. The bad guys got theirs.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 25, 2015

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Free Enes Free Cheick go cats

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia just scored a whopping 16 points in the second half against loving High Point and won.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

vikingstrike posted:

Free Enes Free Cheick go cats

Free Enes!

He autographed a jersey on the number for me at a shop, but the sharpie was near death so it looks like poo poo and no one would ever authenticate it. And the only thing available was an adult small so I can't even wear it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ahahaha some guy on colorado got ejected for biting.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia just scored a whopping 16 points in the second half against loving High Point and won.

I listened to a good part of the second half on the radio and the pbp guys just sounded bored as poo poo. Needless to say it's been a rough start for the team so far. I was hoping they could at least cut the losses to the really bad teams this year but here we are. They beat high point by like 50 last year.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Guy V. Lewis died. He was the coach of Phi Slama Jama.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

vikingstrike posted:

I listened to a good part of the second half on the radio and the pbp guys just sounded bored as poo poo. Needless to say it's been a rough start for the team so far. I was hoping they could at least cut the losses to the really bad teams this year but here we are. They beat high point by like 50 last year.

As much as I love Mark Fox we have never been able to hit free throws for poo poo. We've left 10-15 points at the stripe every game.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
RIP Guy V., Dunk Pioneer.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Korranus posted:

Guy V. Lewis died. He was the coach of Phi Slama Jama.

drat, RIP. The coolest nickname in sports history, bar-none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU vs. WVU today. I am flying out first thing in the morning.

I am ready Andichu

• Locked thread