Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Whoa, hey, I didn't know we we doing more than image cropping here fellas. You're going to make the rest of us look bad and make this thread incredibly awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

Whoa, hey, I didn't know we we doing more than image cropping here fellas. You're going to make the rest of us look bad and make this thread incredibly awesome.

ok back to just image cropping (or extension in this case)

maybe a French pop duo like Air or could be French indie pop like Pony Pony Run Run

original photo

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

A strange departure from the regular country style of Brian Berman.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Need to do a pen and pixel cover now

:whatup:

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 19, 2015

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Captain Dopar
Aug 26, 2015

Our world's that day joined into a friendship that was pure gold. And Earth moved into a new age, when space travel launches us into the "Age of Aquarius". The End.
Punk as gently caress

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Put together another one

Mondscheinprimat
Oct 6, 2013

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

beato posted:

A few different genres to tickle your fancy...

Airwaves Airlink - The Altruism Equation

Drosophia - Years of Scum

Thinkpad - Get That Weak poo poo Off My Track!

Stimulus - The Secret of Their Attraction

II Battle Squadron - Write Your Own Story...

4Seven - The Painters Are In

:eyepop: holy poo poo these are all amazing

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Turkman
Oct 25, 2015

Thought that the album name/image was a pretty nice combo.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Got Moloko
Aug 23, 2011

Milk+
How timely

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

For some weird reason, I used to do these as a hobby, a few years ago, and learned that just doing the "cropped image with text on it" only takes you so far. You really need some lucky combinations of image and names, and some clever image manipulation and inspiration before you end up in "this looks like it could be a real album cover" territory.

Here's the few that I was proudest of, using the same rules as in the OP for getting band and title name, but just saying "gently caress it" and using Photoshop as much as I was capable of (which wasn't much).

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

I love these things.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

beato posted:

Airwaves Airlink - The Altruism Equation

All great, but this one's very nicely done.

Quick 'n' dirty attempt:

E:

And this is just awesome.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:eyepop:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Made these back in 2008 in another forum. Maybe I'll make some new ones.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Wish I got a better band name. :/

Jabberlock fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 20, 2015

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I imagine it as some kind of grunge album by a group who literally just paid a guy 30 bucks to help put together the album image. They then tried to bargain him down to $20.00 and he punched out the lead singer.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A lot of these do turn out to be albums I want to hear.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

winter.mute posted:

I remember seeing countless CD covers like this in record stores by artists nobody had ever heard of and usually only appeared on compilations without ever having their own album release... it's got to sound like some of that house music that was so popular with the candy ravers back in the mid 90's

original photo

lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

super good

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Probably for sale at Starbucks or something:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

metasynthetic posted:

Probably for sale at Starbucks or something:

George Doherty Johnston's album Three lifelong friends is a chilling journey through the mourning process after the loss of his close personal friend to cancer. Along with Alexander Graham Mitchell the two give us a rarely personal journey through something that, for most people is usually a closeted affair. 7.9/10

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Osowa-Kalonia made waves with the release of there song "If you live with a man under duress". Originally a humble group posting there content only on Band Camp after the song was eventually picked up by a major record company, and then broadcast across america a strong need for them to create a full album was created. Though I myself am a fan of the song, anything else on the album is trite and cliche' at best. 2 of the songs, that I can only hope are there attempts at shoe gaze pop are discordiant and broken messes. Basslines end abruptly as if the recording studio simply ran out of money and had to re-record once they had the power turned back on, but had to use entirely different instruments. While the song that made them famous in the first place is certainly here, none of the magic that got them the attention in the first place lived on with there other titles. 2.8/10

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015

Rabid Dog
Feb 17, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113231763@N07/23074123331/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi_Bus_service
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dinner_for_Schmucks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przysta%C5%82owice_Du%C5%BCe-Kolonia

oh yes my friends

now all i need to do is get to the school's glossy color printers

polish-arabian indie band. it's their first release, full of sad songs that will drive you to suicide

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 20, 2015

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

The photo and the quote curiously matched.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 20, 2015

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

oh ya sure this guy is a designer of graphics

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

iMonarch
Mar 19, 2007

Start Betting on poo poo Weather by the legendary WTA Congoleum Classic.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

SALSIG - Pain and Pleasure, Indivisible

(Ha Hellraiser quote!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

• Locked thread