Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Inn is my favorite: "Time to wake up!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
"Need to collect more local tax" from the Town Hall is pretty great too.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

G2 is coming soon.

Also, in this Reddit thread, some guy in the comments posted a cheap-ish aggro deck for pvp. Betrayal seems very good in pvp, as long as you watch out for counterspell. I didn't, but I still won against a jurh deck, which was cool.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I am planning to buy Ultimate: gates of hell, anyone in my friend list wants some quick 20k cash?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
I have mine up for 20k.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I just got the 4* G2 Nature Dragon from Cat for Zombie Dragon and a common. It still has a trade in it, any idea how much I can sell it for?

Also, got my first mutant in the form of Dark+1 Poison Trap.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm glad I did the final draft daily before the update hit, because all the new cards are definitely making it harder to draft a good deck. The Jax + Slime/Alruine combo I like so much will be quite rare now.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 15, 2015

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I've been playing this game for a few days now, and it seems like It's going to stick.

Arena is annoying, got 8 consecutive wins last night then get matched up against a deck with 3xWild Boar, 3xGoblin Bomb Squad, 3x that bomb trap thingy (forgot it's name), and a smattering of removal. I got absolutely crushed.

Edit: Forgot, in as Siggy2021.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
Good game, Nyaa. I was panicking until I realized I could just betray one of those dragons you summoned for a cheap win. That card I nullified would have really done me in too. I kinda want to try a gates of hell deck now too.

Edit: I may have accidentally refused some friend invites from goons. Send them again for good times!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Left posted:

Good game, Nyaa. I was panicking until I realized I could just betray one of those dragons you summoned for a cheap win. That card I nullified would have really done me in too. I kinda want to try a gates of hell deck now too.
Yeah, i realize gates of hell can bring back monster you discard and the revive mechanic mean the opponent is pretty much screwed if i time it right. I still need to figure a better way to tank for the early wave and get better super-strong monster. I probably have a chance to win if I didn't discard the red dragon. GG. :v:

Edit: or if i can charge dark really fast and tank with my hp.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 15, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
[/quote]

Left posted:

Edit: I may have accidentally refused some friend invites from goons. Send them again for good times!

Sorry scratchula is full until I reach level 18

It seems like lvl 16 is capped at 32 friends.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

siggy2021 posted:

I've been playing this game for a few days now, and it seems like It's going to stick.

Arena is annoying, got 8 consecutive wins last night then get matched up against a deck with 3xWild Boar, 3xGoblin Bomb Squad, 3x that bomb trap thingy (forgot it's name), and a smattering of removal. I got absolutely crushed.

Edit: Forgot, in as Siggy2021.
Sorry, my favorite annoying gimmick deck was infinite petrifies, mixed with direct damage sent straight to my face. It was cheesy as gently caress and I loved it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh, I recall using petrify to turn all five of opponent's monsters into stone. That might be a valid stall tactic that I could explore. :roboluv:

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Only managed to get 7th on Veteran Arena, I think I'm going to say gently caress it to hitting 1st and just try for plat each time and slowly build up a collection that way. Opened a few mutant packs with the arena gems and got a Dark Jax +1 so that's pretty exciting.

The biggest problem I have with this game is that the game isn't clear about the effects of some cards. Trap in the Castle? What the gently caress are the traps and what do they do. Rainbow Dragon makes rainbows? Is that a good or a bad thing? What's the immortal avatar that Ultimate: Judgement Day makes? Is there a feature that I'm missing that lets me see what these cards do or do I have to look for a 3rd party website if there is one?

Tadders fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 16, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rainbows are a 0/2 that has a chance of giving your opponent a resource when they die 50(?)%. It is annoy when a enemy rainbow dragon fills your board and you can't get some good minions down.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Trap in the castle fills your board with aprox 10, 14, 18 dmg mines depending on lvl.
Immortal avatar has the same life as the heros and respawns when killed, idk how to beat without something like turn to frog.

Someone buy scratchula cards i only have 20 slots i guess..

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Tadders posted:

Only managed to get 7th on Veteran Arena, I think I'm going to say gently caress it to hitting 1st and just try for plat each time and slowly build up a collection that way. Opened a few mutant packs with the arena gems and got a Dark Jax +1 so that's pretty exciting.

The biggest problem I have with this game is that the game isn't clear about the effects of some cards. Trap in the Castle? What the gently caress are the traps and what do they do. Rainbow Dragon makes rainbows? Is that a good or a bad thing? What's the immortal avatar that Ultimate: Judgement Day makes? Is there a feature that I'm missing that lets me see what these cards do or do I have to look for a 3rd party website if there is one?

There's no in-game way to see these summoned tokens.

Here's the third party website that has descriptions of tokens. It's annoying to read stats, but it's the only one I think. http://mabinogiduel.net/database/.

I swear there was another type of mushroom, but there's only one listed.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Arbitrary Number posted:

I swear there was another type of mushroom, but there's only one listed.
There's summon mushroom, mushoom explode, living mushrooom, and the two kinds summon mushroom spawns...
They seem to be in database to me...

Still cant add you Siggy2021, maybe lvl 18 - 20 will unlock over 32 friend slots.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I think my shop is going to close soon, but I just put a bunch of common cards at minimum price in my store DEMK.

And it took me a second to figure how to use someone's code. You have to go to store and scroll down to personal store. That has an option to input a code.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ugh, joined arena late. Start at rank 10000, win 8/10 duel, final rank 4489 (bronze). :11tea:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Trying to get an Alraune sucks. Whenever I see one in the shops its 20k+ or bought before I can click it.

EDIT: Found one for 13k.

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 18, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

Trying to get an Alraune sucks. Whenever I see one in the shops its 20k+ or bought before I can click it.

Just have the cat give to for two lovely 2 star cards and a zero star card. :smug:

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Meh, maybe ask for more.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

New update/christmas event: http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/2441

It would have been nice of they timed it so starts with the end of the current arena runs, but oh well.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

AfroSquirrel posted:

Too bad you found one before I saw this.

I have 3.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I try to put my alraunes up in my shop for maybe 10-12k when I have extras

I haven't made it public yet, since it seems like something I can't go back on when trying to get cards into new Goon hands for cheap, but I do have mutants and the like I'd like to unload for new G2 goodness.

It helps to draw 3 Naos from 5 packs (two of them in one!) so I'm torn between dumping the third before the market's flooded (probably too late) or hold onto it until the event passes.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I believe shops only stay public for a week. So you can buy it to make some quick cash and then go back to giving goons cheap cards.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Just discovered this game. Awesome! Currently trying to handle my Duelyst addiction (it works on Chrome, but really slowly in phone).

Can anyone kindly make some kind of beginner's guide? Beginner's pitfalls/traps? I've learnt not to trust the cat, and I'm currently trying to finish the campaign first before trying all the other modes. Any other things I should/shouldn't do maybe?

Username: srulz

EDIT: I've added everyone, and I've just got an offer from Scam Cat that seems way too good to be true. Can someone please comment:

Scam Cat:
1. Barter (seems really awesome to exchange your units for theirs)
2. Angel: Orperia (free resurrect always nice)
3. Ultimate: Gates of Hell (seems very expensive - but someone up there wants it, so it must be good? Haha)

Me:
1. Drag to Hell (kinda nice I guess, though random so may take 1 of your good creature)
2. Throw Bomb (my staple in campaign, but it's a common - so should be easy to get?)
3. Barbarian: Shasha (not sure if the 6/12 is high enough value, or would just be picked off after 1 kill)

So yeah, lots of seemingly expensive G2 cards in exchange for my seemingly very cheap G1 cards. Should I take this trade?

srulz fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 19, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Here is what I learned as a newbie.

Start strong. Putting your opponent on the defense on turn 1 does win games. Gold and dark are amazing at this.

Win both advance mission each day. Don't be afraid to spend gold in the draft mission. 100 gold actually buy you for 4 more tries.

Save gems for buying the advance missiom packa if there are good cards. Spending 27 gems on a pack that you know has a good/rare card is better than buy a lovely pack.

Save gold for buying cards from stores and redrafting cards for daily missions/arena.

The cat is mostly a rip off, but every now and then you get an awesome trade. When it doubt just press for a better trade. If you see goblin bomb squad, boar, alruane then make the trade.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Didn't realize there was a thread for this! Add me too the goon list, please. IGN = Hilarity

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Shwqa posted:

Here is what I learned as a newbie.

Start strong. Putting your opponent on the defense on turn 1 does win games. Gold and dark are amazing at this.
I'm mixed. I'm very greedy early game and try to drop cards that will two-for-one. The right call is usually dropping something on an empty board, but I hate dropping cards like goblin bomber or vampire unless I'm reasonably assured they can take out an enemy and stick around.

It seems like green would be best for strong starts because you never feel bad about dropping a pig or an alraune (especially if you have others) +1 pigs and alraunes seem unfair to greedy players like myself and it really punishes us.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I don't mind dropping bomber on an empty board. It usually two for ones. Really vampire is one of the few play against it and that still one for ones. I used to be against dropping bomber on turn 1 until someone did it to me and I could never catch up after that.

As for dark I just drop a skeleton over vampire. Better stats for one less cost.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Shwqa posted:

I don't mind dropping bomber on an empty board. It usually two for ones. Really vampire is one of the few play against it and that still one for ones. I used to be against dropping bomber on turn 1 until someone did it to me and I could never catch up after that.

As for dark I just drop a skeleton over vampire. Better stats for one less cost.

I never drop bomber on an empty board but maybe I should start. I'm always worried about spells taking him out and wasting 2 coins but I think only that one blue spell can kill it for 1 resource.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

I'm having pretty good luck with this deck in the novice arena. If I start with 1G 2D I can use Colorless Soulstone and drop a Succubus second turn and I win a lot of games that way. If I start with 2G 1D I can use Death Sentence on a first turn Alarune or whatever.

I have an Alarune but it's probably not worth going into green just for that is it?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

What does the number next to the lock-pad icon in the slots for your Arena decks mean? I originally figured it was related to the amount of cards in your deck since you can have less than 12 in a random draft, but that's not it.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Which boosters are best to purchase?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
If you have a lot of gems to spare and willing to trade with other people super boosters are your best bet. If you're patient, your gems go a lot further by buying the daily mission boosters with a good mutant/rare in them. Some G2P cards are listed for 200k+ but I don't think those are selling that well. In the end, it really depends on what you need. I would grab the Trap in the Castle booster right now though if you don't have one.

If anybody needs any commons/uncommons/rares let me know, I'll try and hook you up at base market value.

Tadders fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 20, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
In as Rafza, loving this game so far but I'm working my way through the scenarios first

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tadders posted:

If you have a lot of gems to spare and willing to trade with other people super boosters are your best bet. If you're patient, your gems go a lot further by buying the daily mission boosters with a good mutant/rare in them. Some G2P cards are listed for 200k+ but I don't think those are selling that well. In the end, it really depends on what you need. I would grab the Trap in the Castle booster right now though if you don't have one.

Yeah, Trap in the Castle is a really nice card. Not only is it a great way to take out several of your opponent's critters at once, you can also combine it with cards like Angel: Partel and Wolf: Perry to turn any unused traps into decent attackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, Trap in the Castle is a really nice card. Not only is it a great way to take out several of your opponent's critters at once, you can also combine it with cards like Angel: Partel and Wolf: Perry to turn any unused traps into decent attackers.

Trap in the castle is really good for early defense. The only thing is to watch out for lvl2 hellhound. (Lvl1 just gets eaten by a trap). Magic gourd bomb and psychic storm can also kill your traps, but they're not as popular.

I came across a weird interaction. Casting betrayal on the card escaped prisoner sherr transforms into will disappear it and spawn a rose bomb on my field. It triggered it's own ability on itself or something

• Locked thread