Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

As someone who spent an entire evening resetting the PS vita version of FF7 trying to get a gold chocobo, I personally hope to never see chocobo breeding again. Or maybe it could be overhauled

A redesigned chocobo breeding system based around the Official Final Fantasy VII Remake App

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Put the FF9 chocobo minigame/treasure hunting in. Serves the same purpose of getting the player to explore the overworld and being able to lock treasure behind chocobos that can cross different kinds of terrain, but it's more fun and less tedious.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Make it like Pokemon Breeding, which I have never done.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chocobo Hot and Cold is probably worse because instead of just being straight RNG it's a minigame built around RNG so instead of knowing immediately that you failed you have to just keep trying over and over again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Chocobo Hot and Cold is probably worse because instead of just being straight RNG it's a minigame built around RNG so instead of knowing immediately that you failed you have to just keep trying over and over again
It's a pretty fun minigame though even if it gets a little tedious sometimes

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

no they will not posted:

A redesigned chocobo breeding system based around the Official Final Fantasy VII Remake App
boco atsume

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I just got really unlucky because I played it for 3 or 4 hours and found exactly one map to like, an elixir.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
when a friend was playing ff9 i played all his hot and cold for him, when i was playing 10 he played all of blitzball for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blitzball I didn't mind because it was so completely broken I didn't have to actually play it to unlock all of Wakka's stuff

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I had fun with Blitzball but I understand that in this sense I am a deviant

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
They're replacing the chocobo breeding in the Final Fantasy VII remake with - you guessed it - blitzball

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoyed it for a bit but there was no way I was going to play like 20 hours of it so I could use attack reels.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never played Blitzball except for the one game they force you to. I'm replaying on PS4 so maybe I'll try it this time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

They're replacing the chocobo breeding in the Final Fantasy VII remake with - you guessed it - blitzball

If it played like an actual arcade sports game and not some insane RPG hybrid I would play it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I spent all of one day while I was still in like middle school playing blitzball to get wakka's stuff and was not enjoying it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its not bad its just you gotta play a ton of it and when you beat a season and the prize for the next season isnt what you want its a bummer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did that gay strategy where you reset the league until t lists the prize you want, recruited a couple of unleveld OP units and scored 1 goal then waited in the net for every game until I won.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even doing logic breaking min/maxing crap like that, it still took me 5 or 6 hours to get everything I wanted.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I think I just got really unlucky because I played it for 3 or 4 hours and found exactly one map to like, an elixir.

pwned

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bet the chocobo races and everything else in the Gold Saucer will be exceedingly awesome in the remake. But it'll probably be episode 2.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

If it played like an actual arcade sports game and not some insane RPG hybrid I would play it.

I would be the opposite and only play the insane RPG hybrid

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Imagine the epic sights and music of this gen chocobo racing. :kreygasm:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gold Saucer's gonna look fuckin baller as hell in the remake

It already looks great in FFXIV

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Imagine the epic sights and music of this gen chocobo racing. :kreygasm:

i can't wait

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

no they will not posted:

I had fun with Blitzball but I understand that in this sense I am a deviant

one afternoon a couple of friends and i got really into blitzball and played for hours and used a guide to maximize our team and everything, and then i had a huge seizure and got diagnosed with epilepsy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Here's clarification on splitting the game into parts

it sounds like it will actually be massive game and they also said they'll probably go beyond the original game and add stuff from crisis core or the movie or whatever. So if you're playing as the games come out you will probably be playing the FF7 remake for like 6 or 7 years.

It sounds insanely epic but also like something that is absolutely going to enter purgatory alongside Half-Life Episodes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Valve has been working on Source 2 low key, and Half-Life 3 is coming out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Steam leak from a couple days ago had Half-Life 3 on it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

i think they throw that into their database every few months just to gently caress with people

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Along with a lot of other epic poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Epic poo poo, epic win, and many other epic things coming in 2016. Strap in for awesome.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope the FF7 remake means that Square does awesome poo poo now and we'll get a Final Fantasy musou game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want to be able to play as all the great Final Fantasy generals, such as Leo and Beatrix.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hope that the overworld is to scale and it takes you half an hour to walk from Midgar to Kalm.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope the FF7 remake means that Square does awesome poo poo now and we'll get a Final Fantasy musou game.

if they're going back to doing awesome poo poo, maybe a current gen tactics game :pray:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

they will make Half Life 3 for the Valve VR headset. mark my words and quote this post when the revelation happens.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I hope that the overworld is to scale and it takes you half an hour to walk from Midgar to Kalm.

Yeah I loved DayZ

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Holy poo poo.. Is that a mother loving Chocobo hitting a mother loving bong?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

Holy poo poo.. Is that a mother loving Chocobo hitting a mother loving bong?

'Tis. Chocobo's do eat weeds and greens after alll. Was only a matter of time before someone had the presence of mind to make a 420 friendly avatar of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

59.99 per episode :lol: :rofl: :goonrush:

• Locked thread