Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
when i was arrested by the DEA on a drug charge the report legitimately mentioned that i was known to post on a drug forum on a site known as "something awful". it was basically a footnote and it never really came up for any reason other than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh god! My post history!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

the great deceiver posted:

when i was arrested by the DEA on a drug charge the report legitimately mentioned that i was known to post on a drug forum on a site known as "something awful". it was basically a footnote and it never really came up for any reason other than that

we're not even important enough to merit mention outside of the DEA's footnotes

truly this is the deadest and gayest of forums :razz:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

glowing-fish posted:

I mean, after San Bernardino, or many other incidents where there was plenty of "signs", the feds seem mostly caught off guard even when people have been making public posts calling for violence.
They didn't have a landlord going into the house and reporting 'suspicious' materials on the premises. This guy's landlord dropped a dime on him.

glowing-fish posted:

How many man hours of labor would it take to put together a full dossier on anyone who gets called in?
Probably not many. 'National security' gets them all the records they need, right from their office. Interviews do the rest.

glowing-fish posted:

How many agents are actually smart enough to know Arabic cognates are whatever?
I would think that DHS hires lots of people who are fluent in both English and Arabic.

glowing-fish posted:

I mean, Osama Bin Laden was living in a gigantic compound in a big city in a place full of CIA agents, and he wasn't caught for years.
He didn't have a landlord going into his house and reporting his presence to the US .

glowing-fish posted:

So does the DHS really have a team that keeps perfect document on every science nerd?
They don't need to. They go get the info if they think they need it.

No doubt they have dossiers on a few LF posters.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

we're not even important enough to merit mention outside of the DEA's footnotes

truly this is the deadest and gayest of forums :razz:

well it's not like my case had anything to do with SA or TCC they were just digging up as much dirt on me as possible to make me look like an unrepentant degenerate dopefiend (which is true)

but yes we are dead and gay and that's the way i like it

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

glowing-fish posted:

How many agents are actually smart enough to know Arabic cognates are whatever?

Federal Agents aren't some podunk deputies who barely finished high school. It's a decent paying job with great benefits that can attract quality people.

http://work.chron.com/much-fbi-agent-make-per-year-28711.html

quote:

All new agents begin their careers as GS-10, step 1, according to the FBI Careers website. The base salary for a newly assigned agent in 2014 was $46,229, according to the federal Office of Personnel Management website. With locality pay added, a newly assigned agent would have an adjusted salary between $52,007 and $59,496. When availability pay is calculated on the adjusted salary, the salary range for a new agent would be $65,008 to $74,370. New agents are also eligible for a relocation bonus in some circumstances, so for the first year only, an agent might earn an additional $22,000, according to the FBI Careers website. An experienced agent with long tenure at GS 15 step 4 could earn a base salary of $130,810, plus locality and availability differentials.

Nice work if you can get it.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

yeah as much as i hate the feds most of the ones i encountered weren't dumb they were just fascists

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

the great deceiver posted:

yeah as much as i hate the feds most of the ones i encountered weren't dumb they were just fascists

That's due to the lack of weed. Don't want to get fired for failing a piss test, so they are a little tense.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

skander posted:

He didn't have a landlord going into his house and reporting his presence to the US .

actually

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

That's due to the lack of weed. Don't want to get fired for failing a piss test, so they are a little tense.

thats what benzos are for

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Wulfolme posted:

I really am gonna get fingered by the TSA the next time I try to fly though, aren't I.

yeah. you may as well learn to enjoy it; that'll show those fascists.

stick it to the man while he sticks it in you!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

The idea of someone trying to explain GBS to the FBI is hilarious.

I don't know if its been mentioned but an admin in Space Station 13 had to explain to the FBI what the game was and couldn't find a screenshot of the game where people weren't making GBS threads/farting and killing eachother.

It's basically GBS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

dogstile posted:

I don't know if its been mentioned but an admin in Space Station 13 had to explain to the FBI what the game was and couldn't find a screenshot of the game where people weren't making GBS threads/farting and killing eachother.

It's basically GBS

the one time i tried it i got knocked out within a minute and someone welded me inside a locker, it was basically a highschool simulator :smith:

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

the one time i tried it i got knocked out within a minute and someone welded me inside a locker, it was basically a highschool simulator :smith:

One time I had to shove a guy into a locker, but only so that he could use it as an emergency evac pod that I could push across a demolished station with no air towards the escape shuttle.

sometimes bullying can be used for good

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i am going to assassinate president garfield!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Orkin Mang posted:

i am going to assassinate president garfield!!

jim davis should have killed garfield long ago, i say go for it

• Locked thread