Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I once saw the slutty cirque du soliel there. I like all cirques but this one was the slutty one. Before the show there were two very large valkyrie twins passing out chocolate stawberries, harassing people, and being a little slutty. One bent waaaaaay over me to give chocolate to a dude a row up and I got a face full of cow tits. My mom was with me :/

Good show tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Nathilus posted:

I once saw the slutty cirque du soliel there. I like all cirques but this one was the slutty one. Before the show there were two very large valkyrie twins passing out chocolate stawberries, harassing people, and being a little slutty. One bent waaaaaay over me to give chocolate to a dude a row up and I got a face full of cow tits. My mom was with me :/

Good show tho.

Why'd you take your mom to a sleezy cirque?

Pretty hosed up family dynamic, imho.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Has anyone been to that place where they let you drive construction equipment around for a fee?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Dreddout posted:

Why'd you take your mom to a sleezy cirque?

Pretty hosed up family dynamic, imho.

Ya know that's a good point. I dunno. Weird. I mean we both like cirque? But that's not a very good excuse is it. I guess it just wasn't slutty enough to really worry about until titties in face happened. Anyway she was thesbian enuf to handle it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was in Las Vegas this week, stayed at the Treasure Island Resort on the 35th floor.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Anyone ever been to the Adult Entertainment Expo (AEE)?

Seems like it would be a lot of fun.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I said come in! posted:

I was in Las Vegas this week, stayed at the Treasure Island Resort on the 35th floor.

Do they still do the boat show out front?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Do they still do the boat show out front?

They don't. :(

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

:(

Didn't the Venetian have a boat show too? I remember seeing tracks in the water out front.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

:(

Didn't the Venetian have a boat show too? I remember seeing tracks in the water out front.

They have those little Gondola boats that are real cute and you can pay to ride on one. :kiddo:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I said come in! posted:

They have those little Gondola boats that are real cute and you can pay to ride on one. :kiddo:

In the moat out front? I might be remembering wrong =-/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Yep! It's a really small moat from what I saw. All of the hotels are really packed together, but supposedly it wasn't always like that but there has been a lot of construction over the last decade.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

do they still give out those cool nudie cards????

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

numberoneposter posted:

Yeah, collect them all!

Also some guy was selling his self made rap cds on the street and I bought one but I think I lost it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

Yep! Saw them all over the place.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

nah this was 2011, and there was only 5 players at the table so i was lucky to hang in enough to catch a break then bail with how that poo poo was going. i was at a 2/4 table and some one of the players was like HEY ANYONE WANT TO PLAY 5/10 OR 10/20 and i was like EHHH SURE and like 30 minutes later they had scrounged up enough people to at least make a table for it. most of the time i usually stick to 2/4 or 5/10 or similar but i was feeling extra-drunk that day. typically i can scrounge up an extra $200 or $300 in vegas doing that.

2/4 is limit you goober

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Any city in the midwest is probably better to live in than actually visit. Because there is nothing to do if you are visiting one of the midwest flyover cities.

But then you actually live in a place with nothing to do

In the Midwest

Full of ugly sows

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Where in the desert did you have the best sushi?

Kabuto on W Spring Mountain. In the same shopping plaza is Raku, an amazing Japanese robata place, and Monta Ramen which is no joke the best Ramen I've had outside of Japan.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

But then you actually live in a place with nothing to do

In the Midwest

Full of ugly sows

Yeah but the cost of living in the midwest is really nice, it's just too bad the people who live in the midwest are a bunch of miserable cunts.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

In front and in the mall inside

The Venetian also has at the current time the best run poker room in Vegas but some of the things they do lead to low game variety relative to the number of tables and attract a lot of the grindy tight locals

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nostrum posted:

Kabuto on W Spring Mountain. In the same shopping plaza is Raku, an amazing Japanese robata place, and Monta Ramen which is no joke the best Ramen I've had outside of Japan.

Kabuto is top notch

Monta is very good

If Spring Mountain didn't exist I'd have a much lower opinion of Vegas overall and if I live there again I'll likely stay on the west side of I5 rather than the East just for that.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Yeah but the cost of living in the midwest is really nice, it's just too bad the people who live in the midwest are a bunch of miserable cunts.

Pay is also low

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
where do you currently live s-g?

i interviewed for a decent job at the airport back in 2006. two of the three people that interviewed me were originally from chicago (same as me) and told me at the end that they were both planning on moving back. something about the lack of culture and climate in vegas. they also told me to rent east of the strip because you wouldn't have to contend with the strip traffic. it seemed like everything was at least $1000 for a 1br with the assumption that a tweaker wouldn't kick your door down at 5 am. also, it was at the height of the housing bubble and i remember driving around the southwestern most expanse of the city seeing two to three bedroom townhomes going for 600-700k.

lol, no thanks.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I live in a pile of poo poo that someone is making GBS threads on atm

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also if you don't care about driving up and down the strip, there is a back road on both sides of the strip that only cab drivers and locals use, can get anywhere on the strip pretty fast.

haha one morning my cabbie started driving loops back there behind Aria or whatever to jack up the fare, I called his poo poo and walked the rest of the way, was basically there anyways

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

WaryWarren posted:

where do you currently live s-g?

i interviewed for a decent job at the airport back in 2006. two of the three people that interviewed me were originally from chicago (same as me) and told me at the end that they were both planning on moving back. something about the lack of culture and climate in vegas. they also told me to rent east of the strip because you wouldn't have to contend with the strip traffic. it seemed like everything was at least $1000 for a 1br with the assumption that a tweaker wouldn't kick your door down at 5 am. also, it was at the height of the housing bubble and i remember driving around the southwestern most expanse of the city seeing two to three bedroom townhomes going for 600-700k.

lol, no thanks.

This is all true. I plan on moving when I eventually trade up jobs. My apartment is too expensive just to be in a safe neighborhood and I really don't care for the culture here.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

"female impersonator"

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

I am sad to see the Tropicana is gone. Nice little poo poo-hole.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Jonny 290 posted:

haha one morning my cabbie started driving loops back there behind Aria or whatever to jack up the fare, I called his poo poo and walked the rest of the way, was basically there anyways

Shuttles man. If you're gonna travel anywhere on the strip take a shuttle. Or that neat monorail system they put in. It's really cool that the platforms and the walkways leading to the monorail have water misters for when it's hot as balls out there. :3:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I took my parents to see The Lion King a few years ago, stayed in a nice room at the Mandalay Bay and ate chicken wings on the cheap. Rooms for my parents and I were $140 but they forgot to bill us for one and comped the other 'cause my rowdy dad gambled for hours without going in the red. Then we went to Kmart and bought a microwave.

nice trip, thanks vegas

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TopHatGenius posted:

Shuttles man. If you're gonna travel anywhere on the strip take a shuttle. Or that neat monorail system they put in. It's really cool that the platforms and the walkways leading to the monorail have water misters for when it's hot as balls out there. :3:

Ah yes, the monorail. Such a long walk to get to the loading platform, its probably shorter to just walk to where you are going on the strip.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
one of my friends got married in Vegas

to someone he met in Vegas, while incredibly drunk

the officiant was an Elvis impersonator

all i ever do in Vegas is drink

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

woodch posted:

Gotta collect all the stripper cards they're handing out on the strip, too. They're like pokemon for strippers.

I'm glad that you can still find the cards on the Strip.

I always thought it would eventually go away due to New Vegas being more family friendly

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
hello i would like to be mind freaked

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Drunk Nerds posted:

My wife and I were wandering the strip, rolling balls, one evening, and we got to wondering, "who the hell are these people bringing small children? There's drunks and druggies and crime and sex everywhere, and these people are out with small children just walking through the middle of it. Are they bad parents? Are they looking to trade these babies for drugs?"

Thanks to your post, I now know that the answer is "spergy, oblivious, buzzkills who are trying to place the town on a rating list of cities in Arizona." So, mystery solved, thanks.

lmao this is a great post

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

woodch posted:

Went for my 40th birthday and stayed at the Luxor. It was the cheapest hotel on the strip, and the internet sucked (was gonna do a live shoutcast show from there, but got distracted by booze and such).

I lived in Arizona at the time, so it was just a 2-hour car drive, park it for the weekend, and take taxis everywhere cuz gently caress driving in that "drive it like you're renting it, cuz you are!" shitstorm.

'Murrica.

Gotta collect all the stripper cards they're handing out on the strip, too. They're like pokemon for strippers.

dude u drove 2 hours for your fortieth birthday? gently caress, my wife and I went on a ten day dive bender in Turks and Caicos for mine, u gotta step up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

Lesbian Bed Death posted:

I am sad to see the Tropicana is gone. Nice little poo poo-hole.

It's not gone.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Embed this song in the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMXehqqR8J8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

TopHatGenius posted:

i had a reflective moment staring at the water misters at that lovely place in front of Paris Las Vegas as i ate my $27 panini and drank my $18 cocktail as they pissed perfectly good drinking water into the nuclear sun of the nevada desert

• Locked thread