Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

im gonna use a gun this time

this is overly complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bow is easy enough

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Are ranged weapons fun in solo? I've co-opped with people who use them and they're cool to have on the team but I can't imagine going alone with one. Which one is the easiest for someone who's never done ranged before? The less finicky ammo management the better , I can't wrap my head around that stuff

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bow lets you do ranged without worrying about a billion things, and outputs a lot of damage

bowguns are more for multiplayer support, youre pretty much the party spellcaster with a ton of ways to debuff and CC monsters. you can also do a lot of damage oc and be fine solo but bow is just more fun.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
My copy got here this morning, hunt with me brothers

Friend code: 3411 3609 2622

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i will play this shortly

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

this is overly complicated

maybe you should stick to games with vehicular combat bitch

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just rly hate any monster that has instant tail spins or dashes with no wind-up whatsoever you just eat a hit

I hope MH5 buries the old MH jank for good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

probably still waiting til there's a new one of these on console, but its nice that the 3ds demo has unlimited uses

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I just got to village 4*. So far in enjoying striker switch axe but my cat dressed a cardboard robot is where the game really shines

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Might be down for some MP tonight if I get enough work done, I've been kind of bad about playing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah me too but I'm worried I'm a little behind for MP, still don't even have all the bugs and disc stones I need for Jaggi armor. I can't stop switching weapons either .... Just discovered Switch Axe tho and this might be the one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You're never too behind for MP

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

lets play this soon friends, I'm going to make a room in like 10 mins

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
My favorite switch axe design in the series is in and I want it.

I'm gonna get my old kutku gear back from the fu days and get my favorite weapon design from 4u and that rules.

i tried aerial greatsword and dunking cephadrome was a lot of fun

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I love it but I feel like I do way more damage as guild gs. aerial longsword wrecks everything I fight though.

it seems comparable to striker/greatsword to me. what does guild get in comparison to striker for greatsword? i rarely use that third skill anyway

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
aerial gs dunks feel good but nothing will match the feel of a level 3 charge to the head of something on guild gs

guild gets a few other moves, but the big deal one is being able to do a charge attack that links into an instant charge attack of the same level as the last one, which kicks a lot of rear end against anything bigger than a drome

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does a level 3 gs charge to the face always stagger, or do those "gotcha bitch" videos involve correctly estimating the monster's health in addition to timing the swing just right?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's not a guaranteed stagger but it's an obscene amount of damage so it's pretty likely to trip a threshold

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

anyone hunting right now?

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Evil Eagle posted:

anyone hunting right now?

Ill play in about 15 mins, working through hr2 keys

E: 21-8313-9384-6428

Gaffle fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 21, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

I hope MH5 buries the old MH jank for good

if mh5 moved away from the ps2 engine and ported code+models theyve been using for 10+ years id be floored

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rathalos more like loving zonathos dumb bitch flies to the other side of the map every 30 seconds im barely exaggerating

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

tfw you get a +8 wide range talisman on your first 3* village quest

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

rathalos more like loving zonathos dumb bitch flies to the other side of the map every 30 seconds im barely exaggerating

flash bomb him, if you're using sns you should be super fast on the draw.

also you were talking about the spin super move earlier and I dunno if you know this but you're invincible during the animation.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
sns joins the spin 2 win club

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

flash bomb him, if you're using sns you should be super fast on the draw.

also you were talking about the spin super move earlier and I dunno if you know this but you're invincible during the animation.

i read this and just forgot about it lol

also yeah, flashbombs on rath are a must. for some reason he zones noticeably more than he did in past games

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm gonna make a full set of the armor from the lightning dragon from the hr3 urgent for hammer. what's chain crit.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh the stun skill halves stun and doesn't help with hammer like I thought.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Chain crit boosts your affinity every time you hit a monster. I dont know whether it resets when you miss a hit or when you stop hitting them for a bit though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm gonna make a full set of the armor from the lightning dragon from the hr3 urgent for hammer. what's chain crit.

tht armors so cool, im wearng it now. fuckn insane for dual swords too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh the stun skill halves stun and doesn't help with hammer like I thought.

yyah the skill youre looking for is KO king nd unless they changed the numbers its mathematically garbage, in 4u it aonly reduced the number of hits needed for a ko by like one in a two KO fight or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hoooly gently caress that elephant thing is big

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all of the new monsters are loving rad

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

#1 qol chnge is aonly using plates to do final upgrades on weapons, god dmn

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

tht armors so cool, im wearng it now. fuckn insane for dual swords too

I'm gonna make it and the switch axe

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm gonna make it and the switch axe

his weapns are so badass, i made the hammer and it looks like a cool electrc axe tht glows as it charges up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

important info btw, the eyes on the pumpkn hammer light up when you charge it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

important info btw, the eyes on the pumpkn hammer light up when you charge it

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011