Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

Yeah I don't think I have the time or motivation to see this through any more. Sorry :smith:

Sal check your PMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

I guess now we can all focus on the byob book club lol

Barnes And Body Works

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah I don't think I have the time or motivation to see this through any more. Sorry :smith:

Sal check your PMs

its ok

Vanisher made my super slick sig.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I caught a really nice Dragonair at the trump rink the other night. poor thing

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Salmiakki

i will be playing pokemon black, the newest game that i can properly randomize. at this point in the series there are 649 pokemon for the randomizer to choose from so that should be interesting

lizwiz has already explained the mechanics of the game so theres no need for that since they havent changed too much after gen 3

i will also be doing this similar to my earthbound thread where not everything i see will be posted, just stuff thats either funny or matters

the only difference between this professor and every other games professor is that she is a woman this time

so that means we have something in common

after gen 2, the series decided that having a rival that was less of a friend and more of a little poo poo was a bad idea, so now you have friends instead, and in this case, two of them at once. this changes to four in x and y

when the opening scene is done you finally get to control your character and check out the gift box in your room that is decorated with product placement for the wii

we will be picking the one that was in two smash bros games, but only because of its superior stats when compared to skunk and sumo wrestler over here

our obligatory "first battle with rival" begins

and is over already. this is probably how most battles will go

i lost to my second rival because it used a super effective move on me, so when we catch a different pokemon lucario will get put in the box for having the nerve to die so early

please buy a wii

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Piso Mojado

:peanut:

AAB

Salmiakki posted:

i lost to my second rival because it used a super effective move on me, so when we catch a different pokemon lucario will get put in the box for having the nerve to die so early

a brutal start to the new series

Salmiakki

after having our mom be completely fine with our room being hosed up by wild animals with superpowers, we head out to the lab to get the pokedex, like in every other game

but before that i burst into my friends house to see her dad have the audacity to not be okay with his 10 year old daughter heading out on her own for an adventure that might last for weeks

but who cares about that

ty cat dynamite

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
sal pls quit you are day job

gonna need you to do this full time now, tia

Salmiakki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyhlybViJw

after reaching the second town we run into the obligatory team of this game, team plasma, who appear to just be animal rights activists

next we meet this guy who claims he can hear our pokemon talking and when he talks his text goes by much faster than anyone elses to indicate that hes like the micromachines guy

he is defeated just as fast

this town is full of hostility and i will not be staying for much longer

ty cat dynamite

guns for tits

So this is a speedrun?

saucyseadweller

So Damn Saucy
Seems pretty fast so far.

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
waiting eagerly on the next chapter of your journey friend

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
does this LP have user participation?
1 vote for going back to your room and cleaning it

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
i cant... I cant handle looking at that crooked tv set

Salmiakki

time for our first gym. this one has three gym leaders who will decide who you fight based on what starter pokemon you picked. in the normal game this would give you a """"challenge"""" as it would be the type your starter has a disadvantage on, but because of the randomization, none of this matters

defeating him grants us our first badge

what happens next has little to no relevance to the gameplay, because it doesnt work with an emulated version of the game. all you need to know is that the team kicks the poo poo out of a pokemon

moving on

ty cat dynamite

saucyseadweller

So Damn Saucy
Are we going to have pokemon named after Byob peeps?

Areola Grande

saucyseadweller posted:

LizWiz made me into a pokemon and now that he gave up that game I'm left not knowing if I'm even a 'mon anymore or not let alone whether I'll ever evolve

:negative:

be careful what you wish for

Salmiakki

saucyseadweller posted:

so far, all three have been named that way

well, make that four

before catching the reuniclus we got to terrorize some kids in a kindergarten and celebrate by using their slide

one of them is also surprisingly deep for a toddler

afterwards we fought our male rival, only to have two team plasma members run past us, followed by our other friend who is accompanied by a small girl who said her pokemon was stolen

but before we pursue this serious crime

and because i always grind my pokemon to have their levels be even and caterpie evolves fairly quickly...

yep, evolutions are randomized too

ty cat dynamite

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
that toddler really is deep

lotta respect

AAB

Salmiakki posted:

and because i always grind my pokemon to have their levels be even and caterpie evolves fairly quickly...

yep, evolutions are randomized too

at first I was like wtf

and then I was like, :coolfish:

Areola Grande

thanks for ending my existential crises

guns for tits

Gallade is a groovy pokemon and I'm honored to be one.

Salmiakki

after fighting team plasma and having accusations of animal cruelty thrown at us by them we return the childs pokemon

and before we challenge the second gym in the third town, we catch our [hopefully] last team member

ty cat dynamite

Scaly Haylie

Maybe we should change to the pokeball tag.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

This thread is looking gooooooood once again

Scaly Haylie

yeah thanks sal!

...also Gallade's design is so bad

Salmiakki

before we get to enter the gym the green haired guy shows up again and battles us. after beating him he says this

he then walks away after saying were friends, which i find hard to believe

gym time. this one is a museum and also a library i guess? the gym leaders husband says something i can connect with

his wife gives us the basic badge, which i feel is a subtle attempt at an insult

when the battle ends, husband guy shows up informing us that another crime is about to take place

we go outside to chase after team plasma again, only to meet the third gym leader, who is an artist

he urges us to follow him into the forest while he spouts about bug pokemon being really cool and beautiful

we get the skull back and meet this pope lookin guy

he, along with six other old men, will come into play later

of course none of this matters in the grand scheme of things, which would be the fact that we found a fossil, which isnt supposed to happen this early in the game. the game forgives us though and lets us revive it

i am keeping it in my box just in case one of our team members dies

ty cat dynamite

AAB

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

this is the pokemon version of my niece & nephew

Salmiakki

fluffie has died due to me gambling on her confused status. she died from hitting herself to death

aab has died from being hit by leaves too hard

hundredbux the horsea has taken one of the missing spots

ty cat dynamite

AAB

only the good die young :rip:

Salmiakki

then why did you tell me

bacalou asked to be immortalized as a pokemon so i complied with the first one i could get

after all these casualties i try to challenge this citys gym leader but im told team plasma are up to more shenanigans, this time involving our friend

we find them in an apartment building that was previously empty, and ghetsis, their leader, decides now is a great time to start spitting out exposition

they return our friends pokemon and we dont really stop them from escaping because ???

whatever. the next gym makes you fight clowns

i guess fancy haired artist here just wants to be in his element

doc friday has died due to foul play. as in that was literally what the move was called that did him in

we win though

this guy is the worst

luckily on the way we found another fossil so after some backtracking through the worlds longest loving bridge...

ty cat dynamite

Munchables

Ooooh I'd like to be a pokemon here someday.

Munchables fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 8, 2016

Scaly Haylie

Munchables posted:

:same:

Salmiakki

Munchables posted:

your wish will come true much sooner than you probably initially thought. maybe it even caused this next death. you guessed it,

piso mojado has died by gazing at tight roping for too long

ty cat dynamite

guns for tits

Pokehell is actually quite nice. I mean, it's a little humid, and the locals aren't the friendliest, but the rent is really cheap. You guys should visit.

Munchables

I am become doggo, sniffer of worlds.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Mario me a pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saucyseadweller

So Damn Saucy
I thought id be dead by now with my luck but woopee

• Locked thread