Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wicker Man posted:

A 4th TJ&E :monocle: ?!

I'm spoiled off the first one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1578116861/toejam-and-earl-back-in-the-groove

It's taking almost all of its cues from the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

nigga crab pollock posted:

crysis multiplayer was probably fun but i dont think a lot of people had a computer that could actually run the multiplayer until they had made sequels and poo poo
i wanted to play crysis multiplayer, but it required you use gamespy, so welp, never did.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Doom (2016) loving owns bones you arthritic old time gamers who were 13 when Doom II dropped

You will enjoy, as I did

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Doom (2016) loving owns bones

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Since we are all American Randian ubermench here, we are missing that this is super illegal in Germany. Like off to jail for the directors of the company illegal.

Source: buddy that no longer works there due to missing payroll to many times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
I actually liked all 4 Crysis games a lot, they all scratched an itch in the right way for me, so I was always rooting for the company. But Ryse and Warface ended up being pure tedium and then they acted like huge assholes the first time they ran out of money and I realized that the business side of things was what was drowning a talented development team.

It seemed like Far Cry joined a wave of popularity alongside Doom 3, Unreal 2004 and Half-Life 2 giving Crytek the impression that they were a new contender in that space, and so you could certainly see why a team isolated in Germany would think starting from scratch to build a PC-only game engine for 2007 would seem like a good idea. They probably thought Crysis and the new CryEngine would come out against new PC games/engines from iD, Epic and Valve that would also be pushing the graphics envelope, and instead those other companies knew which way the wind was blowing, and the CryEngine was an outlier in a year where everyone was making low-requirement PC games and/or moved to console.

So, I just thought it was bad luck on their part. But now it seems like at least on the business side, they had no real passion for anything other than jumping on whatever bandwagon they thought would make them the most amount of money but always being one step behind as a result.

Sucks for all the people who got screwed out of money, but I don't mourn the company's failure anymore.

• Locked thread