Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Jack Trades posted:

Yeh, American so called "liberals" seems to be mostly loving retarded.

we had to adapt to meet our enemy on their level

the retarded level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Food stamps and unemployment are good for when employers eventually figure out how good of an employee I am

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

we had to adapt to meet our enemy on their level

the retarded level

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster etc etc

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Poor minorities are poor because of years of systematic oppression and should be held as heroes and encouraged.

Poor white people are poor because they are ignorant racist religious morons and they don't deserve help.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
progressive income tax is good, death tax is good

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
There are no bad tactics, only bad targets

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I have hope for some change

in my coffee cup

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I allow all of my big social movements get hijacked by radical extremists, alienate normal people, and then sputter out. See occupy Wall Street and black lives matter.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Unless people who are in the underclasses can unite around common cause to represent themselves - the old form was unions, maybe there's a new way of doing this people haven't thought of yet - then they'll continue getting screwed, and we'll continue to have the same basic style of wealth inequality.

I think liberal values, free speech and equality and so on, are indeed better. The alt-right makes types claim to this but they don't really have any faith in these values. They seem to think bringing people in from other cultures make these values weaken; they also think that society used to think of itself as homogeneous way back when, and that there's no way to have a multi-ethnic society that can still function as a society. All of this is really ahistorical imo.

The finance industry will become a vampire squid unless (at best) regulated and controlled. Agreed with the gif from OP.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
"Punching an outspoken White Nationalist, who is on record stating that he wants to kill all black people, in the face is mean and no good" is a popular liberal sentiment today

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Landstander posted:

Unless people who are in the underclasses can unite around common cause to represent themselves - the old form was unions, maybe there's a new way of doing this people haven't thought of yet - then they'll continue getting screwed, and we'll continue to have the same basic style of wealth inequality.

How about religion?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ProperCoochie posted:

"Punching an outspoken White Nationalist, who is on record stating that he wants to kill all black people, in the face is mean and no good" is a popular liberal sentiment today

im prtty sure it's only alt right people saying this

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Death tax forever imo

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
My actual liberal opinion is that a woman should have total say on whether she will carry a baby to term, and likewise, a man should have total say on whether he will support a child, being able to disown it before birth or upon finding out about it later.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

I know american politics are hosed up but anyone who'd say that and claim that they're a liberal is a liar one way or another.

Yeah, people are confusing liberal and progressive a lot itt. Also, they're treating it as an ITT we are thread instead of a thread for sharing real opinions.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Ork of Fiction posted:

My actual liberal opinion is that a woman should have total say on whether she will carry a baby to term, and likewise, a man should have total say on whether he will support a child, being able to disown it before birth or upon finding out about it later.

We already have that, it's called "running out on *CHILD'S NAME*.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo
Abolish all the prisons and pardon all the criminals, they are innocent because I said so. :colbert:

If worst comes to worst, they probably won't be able to make it into my middle-upper class enclave, so I'll be ok.

Sic Semper Goon fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 22, 2017

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Abolish all the prisons and pardon all the criminals, they are innocent because I said so. :colbert:

If worst comes to worst, they probably won't be able to make it into my middle-upper class enclave, so I'll be ok.

lol you scared

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

A misanthrope posted:

lol you scared

nah, they are mainly going to hit the expendable lower classes, so its all cool

hey, if they die, at least i can feel good about myself

Sic Semper Goon fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 22, 2017

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
the electoral college is a disaster for democracy.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
I'm a straight white person who writes hand-wringing editorials telling minorities what they should be offended by. Anyone who disagrees with me is a literal Nazi.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Lurker Ant posted:

I'm a straight white person who writes hand-wringing editorials telling minorities what they should be offended by. Anyone who disagrees with me is a literal Nazi.

good job! your excellent and essential post was well worth your effort seeking out this dead old thread to bump! you loving retard! :shrek:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

A misanthrope posted:

good job! your excellent and essential post was well worth your effort seeking out this dead old thread to bump! you loving retard! :shrek:

that's not just a liberal opinion, it's p. universal

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

ScratchAndSniff posted:

I am pro-welfare state because I know that it keeps minorities from bootstrapping their way out of poverty. I am terrified of the republicans taking unemployment benefits away, because I know this would actually be good for disadvantaged groups. This makes me the greatest racist of all.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

nickhimself posted:

My opinions and identity mean more than anyone else's constitutional rights, and easily trump whatever they've worked hard to earn.

No one should be allowed to say things I disagree with and facts are irrelevant in discourse because they make me sad and I should never, ever feel sad due to my own lack of research or knowledge of a topic I've chosen to champion.

Literally anyone who disagrees with this is a racist, misogynist, xenophobe, bigot, and jerk.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Futa is good

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I saw a photo of the womens march and it looked pretty busy that day and well that observation puts me to the left of Engels

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

a leftist opinion. liberals envy the wealthy. see holywood worship, etc.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

basic hitler posted:

a leftist opinion. liberals envy the wealthy. see holywood worship, etc.

and conservatives deludedly think they could be wealthy if it wasn't for all those brown people takin the good jobs

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

and conservatives deludedly think they could be wealthy if it wasn't for all those brown people takin the good jobs

I've had someone tell me that all Muslims should be considered possible followers of the taqqiyah policy, and I'm thinking, great, they are taking over the country by working $9/hour jobs in my 91% white town GREAT STRATEGY GUYS

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

Yeah, they suck. But liberals suck just as much. It's important that, if you're a leftist, to separate your identity from that of a liberal, who is a contemptible piece of poo poo on equal footing with neocons and fascists.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
All sex is rape.

As someone who's never tried to get a job, easy access to welfare is important. Being a lovely busker doesn't allow me to afford my drugs.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I love terrorists

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn6XRu8Ymro

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I identify with the underdog no matter how contemptible their beliefs are.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I vote to raise my own taxes to help the poor and then get mad at other people that vote against their own self interest

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Yeh, American so called "liberals" seems to be mostly loving retarded.

yes

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
Progressives are good, liberals are dumb.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Management posted:

I vote to raise my own taxes to help the poor and then get mad at other people that vote against their own self interest

the difference is one is an altruistic act and the other is done out of ignorance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

A misanthrope posted:

the difference is one is an altruistic act and the other is done out of ignorance

If you honestly believe for example that abortion is killing a human and sending them to hell (lol) and you vote for the party that promises to end it, that is altruistic. But ascribing anything you disagree with to ignorance or malice is the standard liberal response and why they get accused of elitism.

But really there are a lot of ignorant motherfuckers out there

• Locked thread