Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
We may be headed down the tubes, but at least I can take solace in the fact that Bernie Sanders will never be president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie will run in 2020.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

Bernie will run in 2020.

Hell no he will be old af

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

Hell no he will be old af

bernie is healthier than that 80 year old chinese runway model

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Smythe posted:

when dean got fired up and did all that yelling i thought that was cool. i was like hell yea thsi guy is fired up for democracy. and then ppl were like "this guy is hosed up" and i didnt get that sentiment. still dont. i thought the roo ya we're gonna goto state, we're gona got to place, yea, yagghh. hell, i thought thatw as awesome. man ppl in the blue party can be hosed up. i bet the ppl that flamed him then turned into hellery supporters. lmfao. Like Al. gently caress off.

Same. I was so mad when the media just roasted him. "Wow this guy is actually excited about doing things as prez what A loving LOSER LMAO"--cnn 2004

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
in 109 years bwhw will be etched into this thread's tombstones

little do you know, that no one will care in as little as 2 years

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

In 109 years bwhw will be etched into your tombstones

Little do you know, that no one will care in as little as 2 years.
well yeah, when the united states is split into two by china and germany and middle america is left as a third world country

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

well yeah, when the united states is split into two by china and germany and middle america is left as a third world country

people will remember Trump, not Bernie, because neither Hillary nor Bernie are president of the United States

no more books
Aug 4, 2011

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

people will remember Trump, not Bernie, because neither Hillary nor Bernie are president of the United States

you underestimate us. we're still talking about Eugene debs

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

no more books posted:

you underestimate us. we're still talking about Eugene debs

also william jennings bryan

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
because you're nerds

nobody will remember the losers once emperor trump bans books and reading

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Bernie would have won. Bernie will win. Bernie.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
voted 5

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Maple Grandpa would have made things sweet.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

:bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget: :bernget:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

lol at the guy who adamantly backed Hillary Clinton for months claiming he has any sort of valid political insight at all

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
The cool thing about Bernie is he couldn't even win against a candidate everyone hated but still got way more votes.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

The cool thing about Bernie is he couldn't even win against a candidate everyone hated but still got way more votes.

the thing about the phrase "bernie would have won"

is that there is a silent segment to the phrase

"bernie would have won the general election if the primary election wasn't rigged in crooked hillary's favor"

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hmm I'm gonna go ahead and disagree because he got a whole lot less votes. I know less votes is how you win the general election, but not how you win the primary election

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I would have liked Bernie to win, but I don't think he would have.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i don't think he would have won either :shrug: i think jim webb would have won :getin:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
webb / sanders

webb to make peeps like me go rah rah rah rah rah arh
and sanders for the longhairs who don't want to work

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump is faking it. webb has it.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Haha OP was one of the smuggest shits in the old Hillary thread. Nice meltdown

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Baloogan posted:

the thing about the phrase "bernie would have won"

is that there is a silent segment to the phrase

"bernie would have won the general election if the primary election wasn't rigged in crooked hillary's favor"

checks out. Too bad it wasnt his turn

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

imo the real electoral win was the friends we made along the way

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Haha OP was one of the smuggest shits in the old Hillary thread. Nice meltdown

wow i was leaning more towards trumpian troll, this is funny

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

ScrubLeague posted:

Hmm, an interesting position to take, but you're ignoring in the important and ever present fact that Bernard Sanders would have won the general election.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Hmm, an interesting position to take, but you're ignoring in the important and ever present fact that Bernard Sanders would have won the general election.

::furiously ignores demographic data showing that 2012 Obama voters in the rust belt voted for Trump this time around:: no, no it's not true!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

ScrubLeague posted:

He most likely would have.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

call to action posted:

::furiously ignores demographic data showing that 2012 Obama voters in the rust belt voted for "President" Trump this time around:: no, no it's not true!
people didnt want an establishment candidate. Dems insisted we did :shrug:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

He most likely would have.

Even if he wouldn't have won, he would have loving tried a whole hell of a lot more than Hillary did. I mean there are a few things that (bad, wrong) people can criticize Bernie for, but not campaigning tirelessly for what he believes in surely is not one of them.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Even if he wouldn't have won, he would have loving tried a whole hell of a lot more than Hillary did. I mean there are a few things that (bad, wrong) people can criticize Bernie for, but not campaigning tirelessly for what he believes in surely is not one of them.

Yeah, but the point is that it's very probable he would have won.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain_Maclaine posted:

he would have visited wisconsin

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah, but the point is that it's very probable he would have won.

That's why I said "if," to indicate this was a hypothetical situation different from the undeniable concrete reality of Bernie winning, which he would have.

anime was right posted:

Part of what I was driving at, yes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

anime was right posted:

no point in WI or MI without PA friend

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

no point in WI or MI without PA friend

Sick burn, considering PA went blue in 2012

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

call to action posted:

Sick burn, considering PA went blue in 2012

very true. and it's incredible that the hillary campaign completely ignored PA by pumping literally nothing into the state, and held no rallies there for the entirety of 2016

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

logikv9 posted:

very true. and it's incredible that the hillary campaign completely ignored PA by pumping literally nothing into the state, and held no rallies there for the entirety of 2016

Maybe they just didn't want to vote for her, because she was a bad candidate. Unlike Bernie who would have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Maybe they just didn't want to vote for her, because she was a bad candidate. Unlike Bernie who would have won.

impossible, because chafee would have won more bigly

• Locked thread