Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Xaris posted:

that is cool

You too can have your very own Insufferable Dorkboard for a mere $1200.00 American Dollars.*

*Goggles, top hat, friends not included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Sounds like somebody's mother got killed by a nice heavy WASD cherry blue MX

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

your mom would have to buy you the friends

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
not yours in specifically i mean hypothetically if one were to own that keyboard ones mom would have to hire friends for them

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Clickity clack!
Don't talk backspace.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the numpad is important for roguelikes

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Cherry switches suck.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Buckling spring or go home, baby.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Is the goal of these tiny things to make it look like you got your computer at toys r us

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

:whitewater:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS TREND OF UGLY rear end KEYBOARDS IN TGE NAME MINIMALISM ARGHGGG

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

:worship:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Im the two space bars

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I use one of those floppy plastic keyboards you can roll up and an unassuming but highly sensitive 3 button mouse (as in it just has left/right/scrollwheel). Whenever anyone asks me to use my computer to check something I'm just like sure go ahead and laugh internally.

Keyboard actually works great when you get used to it but you basically have to hit the keys dead center with good wrist posture so anyone not familiar with it basically will gently caress up their passwords roughly 100% of the time.

e: something like this for the uninitiated, tho I didn't get mine from think geek

lol we use these at work for a quiet room and they get broken all of the time. i'm pretty sure people are punching them because they are unable to type their passwords right

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Mechanical keyboards are all or nothing. As in, no one wants to hear just one person typing super loudly.

But a newsroom from the 60s is quite nice to work in.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

your keyboard looks like a dishrag

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

the worst keyboard

the second worst keyboard (i'm the two space bars)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
just lol if you don't use topre or buckling spring iso layout with numpad :retrogames:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

Anyone who spends any amount of time whining about how e-readers don't smell good or how you can't draw all over them or whatever deserve all the worst things in life and I hope they die alone and soon.

If by ''smell' you mean 'spell', then I suggest you correct the spelling on your screen using a permanent marker.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

not only does it not have a numpad, it doesn't even have the numbers on the top row

massive lols at anyone who buys this

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
the numpad is good is the silly keys between the numpad and letter keys that you dont need

something liek this is the best space-saving layout imo

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

BigBadSteve posted:

If by ''smell' you mean 'spell', then I suggest you correct the spelling on your screen using a permanent marker.

He's talking about those Luddites who poo poo all over e-readers because they don't stimulate all the senses like a book does. The ones who wax poetic about how the smell of paper and the feel of turning pages means that e-readers are cheapening the reading experience by offering only plastic tactile sensation and the colorless no-smell of death.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Axolotl posted:

He's talking about those Luddites who poo poo all over e-readers because they don't stimulate all the senses like a book does. The ones who wax poetic about how the smell of paper and the feel of turning pages means that e-readers are cheapening the reading experience by offering only plastic tactile sensation and the colorless no-smell of death.

I still like big reference books a lot but I am kind of a Luddite about things.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

sout posted:

Where's the space bar? Do you just yell "SPACE" or what?

Space is right thumb
Backspace is left thumb. These are modifiable

It also has two bonus USB ports! And a phone cord. I think that's for some arcane device

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

The essay has to be doubles spaced so I need this keyboard, MOM

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

stump collector posted:

lol we use these at work for a quiet room and they get broken all of the time. i'm pretty sure people are punching them because they are unable to type their passwords right
I'd say mine tend to last about 3-5 years and only cost like 20 bucks, I've gone through 3 since highschool. And yeah passwords were the hardest when i got my first one but it really doesn't take too long acclimating to it if you use it daily for a bit. I think there are pros and cons to it's style, it's gentle on the fingers, quiet, and it's pickyness about precision means you don't really ever fat finger things (which can be nice in games).

Also it has a numpad unlike several of the garbage keyboards itt.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

why not add your own personal juice to that 49-key minimalist board with some artisanal keycaps

is this it. is this what you want. you fucks

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

FutonForensic posted:

why not add your own personal juice to that 49-key minimalist board with some artisanal keycaps

is this it. is this what you want. you fucks

I found this the other day when I was looking at PS4 controllers

https://www.cozcaps.com

25$ per key

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

25$ per key

This website sucks

but it's given me a very good idea

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

25$ per key

uh all their products are sold out

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FutonForensic posted:

This website sucks

but it's given me a very good idea

replace every letter with a cat jail key cap?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I like my mechanical keyboard at home, but I don't use one at work because it would be disrespectful to my coworkers, and it's not really that big of a deal anyways.

Like, if an evil genie offered me $100 but in exchange I could never use a mechanical keyboard, I'd probably say no. But if he bumped it up to $500 I'd probably say yes.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
I pre-write all of my posts on an old, mechanical Underwood typewriter in the dead of night so all of my roomies will hear the excited clack of my keys, and satisfying ding of every finished line, and know that I'm ~a writer~ before I transcribe them—the posts of truth—here on GBS

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 19, 2017

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I like my mechanical keyboard at home, but I don't use one at work because it would be disrespectful to my coworkers, and it's not really that big of a deal anyways.

That went out the window for me the 5th time I had to deal with 3 people yards away from each other on the same multihour conference call, all on speaker phone. Click Clack Click Clack.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If I had a loud keyboard at work my boss would know exactly how much work I'm not doing.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

big nipples big life posted:

If I had a loud keyboard at work my boss would know exactly how much work I'm not doing.

Just work from home you goober

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

signalnoise posted:

Just work from home you goober

I like to leave my house and then come home to it and not work there.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

SpaceClown posted:

replace every letter with a cat jail key cap?

No. Christ, no! I'm talking about goatse! I'm talking about artisanal goatskeys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

:eyepop:

• Locked thread