Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Rip, he chewed the scenery in everything he did.
He really was the man.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Watching Twister right now. Also I've probably watched Aliens 10 times this year so far. Definitely in the top 5 favorite movies of all time. Hudson man.... he made that poo poo.

Game over buddy. :rip:

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Watching Twister right now. Also I've probably watched Aliens 10 times this year so far. Definitely in the top 5 favorite movies of all time. Hudson man.... he made that poo poo.

His band and the music they made didn't do much for me, but it was interesting.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

He totally did, I'm going to watch Aliens right now. Good call.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

He totally did, I'm going to watch Aliens right now. Good call.

Make sure to watch the directors cut. I wanna say they cut out the part when Hudson is talking about him being the ultimate badass and listing through all of the weapons they have.

Also the sentry guns of course.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

It owns.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

It owns.

Hell yeah. He and his team of ultimate badasses are here to protect her.

For some reason I love when he says that. They cut out sooooooo many good scenes. The ENTIRE beginning of Hadley's Hope and why they were going there in the first place. Ripley's daughter being dead which explains why she is so close to Newt. The director's cut is perfect and explains so much more.

God drat I love that movie.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

*is super badass space marine*

*has 90% attrition rate within 30 minutes of engaging the enemy*

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

numberoneposter posted:

its a vietnam movie

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

He's so enthusiastic, 100% of the time.

I like the turret scene. The dread really picks up for me when I realised they're intelligent enough to think their way out of it.

They just got to that bit :) game over man!

quote:

Hubris, with tension and buildup and everything!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

Oh yeah? You go ahead and fight 100s of xenomorphs after almost all of your firepower is taken away from you. <:mad:>

Not sure if you've been keeping up on current events but they just got their asses kicked pal. Thank that piece of poo poo Gorman for that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Amarcarts posted:

Lost was so loving whack. It was right around season 3 when I said "gently caress it I'm out". It was totally worth it to stop watching because I heard it just kept going with the same formula all the way up to the lovely ending.

I love it when fans defend the show and ending by saying it's about the characters and their journey not about the mystery. Because that's totally what we all bought in on at the start of the show.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

WhyteRyce posted:

I love it when fans defend the show and ending by saying it's about the characters and their journey not about the mystery. Because that's totally what we all bought in on at the start of the show.

it's that patented Lindelof touch. just make poo poo up as you go and constantly pose questions which you never intend to answer. questions which in fact don't have answers.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

uber_stoat posted:

it's that patented Lindelof touch. just make poo poo up as you go and constantly pose questions which you never intend to answer. questions which in fact don't have answers.

... or do they?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm enjoying it well enough on my first time through. But I have the benefit of knowing from the start that the show ends up being more a character thing and doesn't deliver on the mysteries fully.

Even knowing that, the show really tries to sell you on the mystery angle from the get-go. I think it's been a perfectly fine show for what it is, but it does its best to lie to you about that.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Best Aliens game was AvP 2

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
It was actually the Aliens arcade game.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

etalian posted:

Best Aliens game was AvP 2

I liked AvP just because it was the first and was everything I wanted in a game. The first time I played you start out in the APC and the motion tracker starts beeping right away. I was so scared when the beeping got faster and faster so I just pointed my pulse rifle to the ground and blew myself up.

Awesome game.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I liked AvP just because it was the first and was everything I wanted in a game. The first time I played you start out in the APC and the motion tracker starts beeping right away. I was so scared when the beeping got faster and faster so I just pointed my pulse rifle to the ground and blew myself up.

Awesome game.

Agreed

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I must have missed the part of Prometheus where they explain the stasis pods malfunctioned and made everyone mildly retarded

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
OK here's a movie nerd question...

Where are the female engineers?

Are they like the Xenomorphs?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Don't assume gender you rear end in a top hat.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

uber_stoat posted:

It was actually the Aliens arcade game.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
There's a new Aliens comic by the guy who did Orc Stain. The first issue is pretty good and gross and the monster hasn't even really shown up yet.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
"orc stain"? :chloe:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xslyoK9uobE

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Pretty shocking Xenomrph hasn't popped in to an Aliens related thread...

I thought Alien 3 and 4 were OK, but wish they would've did something like the comics where Hicks/Newt don't die and the Aliens make it to Earth and consume it. :shrug:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I think Alien: Isolation deserves a VR sequel.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*runs sideways*

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Prometheus woulda been better if it was just the siren noise for two hours

sysdefect
Jul 25, 2015
The important thing to remember with Prometheus is that the characters are not your ideal sci fi protagonists, except for David of course, but they may as well be idiot teenagers shipped in from whatever generic horror movie.

Apparently, Weyland had their best people finding the worst people but of course none of that makes it any less painful to watch.

I am excited for Covenant though because I am a glutton for punishment and more assbender.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I started playing a little bit of Colonial Marines and it's not bad. I stayed the hell away from it for a long time due to it apparently being hilariously bad.

I like it so far. No bugs that I've ran into. I don't like any of the weapons though. I just stick with the 'ol M41A Pulse Rifle and the pump shotgun. Seems to work better than the other weird poo poo.

It does take like 500 rounds to kill an alien though. That's different.

Also, why the gently caress didn't they just get an old guy to play Weyland in Prometheus? The makeup looked terrible and I can't think of a single reason as to why they went that direction.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the latest alien vs predator isnt great but its not horrible either and the predator missons are fun

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I liked it too. In fact I think I really liked it but it's been a long time. I always fear playing the Marine in those games. For me, that alone makes it a horror game because you are one dude with normal vision and a tiny flashlight against perfect killing machines and I'm afraid of the dark and am a giant pussy. Playing the alien is cool as gently caress but still scary because you can die instantly and the predator is just easy mode..... which is fun since I can experiment with all of his toys.

Aliens/Predator games are the poo poo. Any time I get to use an M56-Smart gun it warms my cold dead heart.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Any of you play Aliens Online long long ago?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

I liked it too. In fact I think I really liked it but it's been a long time. I always fear playing the Marine in those games. For me, that alone makes it a horror game because you are one dude with normal vision and a tiny flashlight against perfect killing machines and I'm afraid of the dark and am a giant pussy.

Look, man. I only need to know one thing. Where *click* they are.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Upvotes from redditors? Another glorious day on the Forums! A day on the Awful Forums is like a day on the farm. Every mod knew! Every probation a lifetime! Every post an empty quote! I *love* the Forums!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Upvotes from redditors? Another glorious day on the Forums! A day on the Awful Forums is like a day on the farm. Every mod knew! Every probation a lifetime! Every post an empty quote! I *love* the Forums!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Maldoror posted:

Screenshot of Engineers from Alien Covenant, from the latest issue of Empire magazine.

Ridley is such a hack. Got jealous of blokamp's project and now he's scrambling to put together another terrible prequel. Maybe he'll go full Lucas and make a third to cap off this nonsensical arc he started.

• Locked thread