Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
gently caress yeah Comey is livid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

God drat. :killdozer:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Who the gently caress is that chucklefuck who just laughed behind him when he said that he didn't get to say goodbye to his people?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i didn't really like comey up until about 5 minutes ago

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
this is 100x better given he's under oath.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Man Burr is throwing some straight up softballs here.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Iron Rose posted:

Man Burr is throwing some straight up softballs here.

Until right there.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Come on, say piss tape.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
OH SNAP STEELE QUESTION

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Comey can't comment on the Steele document in open session. Pee tape still a possibility

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
hahahaha it's all loving true.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
goddamn no piss tape revelations :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

hahahaha

"All kinds of intrusions, but the FIRST Russian intrusion."

Holy poo poo, he is just throwing shade all over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Iron Rose posted:

goddamn no piss tape revelations :(

You could tell Burr wants to know about it. He was hinting pretty hard.

But Comey's answer basically indicates that a non-trivial portion of the steele dossier is true which means that there are major criminal investigations underway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I mean he flat out said Flynn is in major criminal trouble.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean he flat out said Flynn is in major criminal trouble.

Of course he is, Flynn knows it too, there's no doubt that there's nothing saving Flynn at this point.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Comey did say he has no doubt the Russians were involved in a ton of election poo poo right? I heard that right?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Burr, why are you going back to emails?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cowboy elvis posted:

Comey did say he has no doubt the Russians were involved in a ton of election poo poo right? I heard that right?

Nothing the NSA and CIA have basically acknowledged

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

cowboy elvis posted:

Yes, you did

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Burr realized he was in trouble there when Comey said the FBI got everything it needed without content, had to go back to Clinton.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Is Burr asking these email questions as a way to ding Comey's credibility?

^^ or that

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TBeats posted:

Basically. If they can undermine the FBI, they undermine the public's perception of the Russian ties.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
How Fox is trying to spin this

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/872822172598894592

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TBeats posted:

^^ or that

It actually rehabilitates him in my eyes. It flat out explains why he did what he did and it makes sense.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It still is funny watching the 180 people have done on Comey since last November. I mean I totally get it, but it's still funny to an extent.

Edit: I'll also add that I don't think he was wrong in terms of the reason he gave.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Fox News: REPUBLICAN PLACES SECOND, DEMOCRATS SECOND TO LAST

in two man competition

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It still is funny watching the 180 people have done on Comey since last November. I mean I totally get it, but it's still funny to an extent.

At the time it just seemed inexplicable what he was doing. With the gift of hindsight it makes me respect him more.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
"the person i was dealing with" being a reason he started documenting is pretty funny

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Holy poo poo I was worried the president might lie about our meetings

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Edit: I'll also add that I don't think he was wrong in terms of the reason he gave.

It may be my inner intel sperg, but I've never thought he did anything politically.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

At the time it just seemed inexplicable what he was doing. With the gift of hindsight it makes me respect him more.
I think you're absolutely right.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Comey doesn't trust Trump to be truthful :allears:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lmao at Comey saying in talking with President Bush he didn't feel the need to write a memo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pesticide20 posted:

Lmao at Comey saying in talking with President Bush he didn't feel the need to write a memo

That meeting with bush was him tendering his resignation along with about 3 dozen other members of the DoJ and Bob Mueller's from the FBI over the reauthorization of an illegal program.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Comey just wanted to say -- "I didn't trust Donald Trump at all when I decided to document everything."

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:tinfoil: He keeps couching everything in "counter-intelligence investigation of Trump".

Not "no investigation". :tinfoil:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pesticide20 posted:

I think for all the bad about Bush, he was never viewed as someone who was personally dishonest.

redneck nazgul posted:

It may be my inner intel sperg, but I've never thought he did anything politically.

In my case it being my legal background, I never thought he did either.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Kinda weird that Comey rarely met with Obama/Bush.

You'd think the FBI Director and the President would talk a little more regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

Kinda weird that Comey rarely met with Obama/Bush.

You'd think the FBI Director and the President would talk a little more regularly.

Well when he started meeting with the President more regularly, look what happened :tinfoil:

• Locked thread