Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Yeah and the dragon knows you're there but is also very moody so like sometimes it wants to be your friend but then sometimes it tries to kill you

The real maze to navigate isn't the treasure labyrinth but the dragon's emotions

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrowningInDreams

Dilettante lizard
That does sound awesome. However, I was going to do something much stupider, which is to have you play as a small dragon in a human military bunker, trying to navigate tight spaces that are all filled with zombies. There are human NPCs that you have to let get around you in order to shoot the zombies, so the game is entirely about managing space so that they don't die and can get either in front of you to fight or behind you for protection or whatever at any given moment. But because that's stupid I was also going to make one of those NPCs playable and just have the game be 65% regular survival horror, with periodic dragon segments.

“Torn between violence and disillusionment, I seem to myself a terrorist who, going out in the street to perpetrate some outrage, stops on the way to consult Ecclesiastes or Epictetus” - Emil Cioran

cda

by Hand Knit
Here's a project for someone else: a web site that gives you a random youtube video that has between 0-5 views.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
Hre's another project idea, stolen shamelessly from Hugh Malone, a one-act play called "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" about a guy who loses his shoes and or shirt and is trying to go to a shoe and or shirt store but they won't let him in because he doesn't have a shoe and or shirt

----------------

Manifisto

cda posted:

Hre's another project idea, stolen shamelessly from Hugh Malone, a one-act play called "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" about a guy who loses his shoes and or shirt and is trying to go to a shoe and or shirt store but they won't let him in because he doesn't have a shoe and or shirt

then he goes into a store where they let him in and it turns out that none of the staff wears shirts or shoes, also they don't provide service to anyone

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
having a car again ( :whatup: ) means i can sing loud and shamelessly. i drove on the freeway 4hr yesterday and sang high pitched synth pop the whole way and it did wonders for my range. i'm thinking about getting voice lessons and a cheap analog synth so i can be just like my hero lauren mayberry

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
this saturday night (Saturday night) i for the very first time extremely roughly practiced making DJ mixes live on my headphones and it was so fun i did it for like 4 hours. I extremely want to buy pioneer decks now, but i also decided what Midi controller to buy last week... A man only has so much money!!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I'm editing the second draft of my dissertation so that I can be a Philosophy Doctor. I will treat your ailments so long as those ailments relate to the philosophical study of recognition, in the sense of acknowledging another person. If you need yelled at about Charles Taylor, Axel Honneth, Judith Butler, or Emmanuel Levinas, hit me up!

More importantly, I want to write short stories about lizards.
I've mostly just got a setting idea, a handful of characters, and some thoughts about tone. My problem lies in turning places into plots. When I think about writing I imagine myself as a tour guide, an anthropologist, or a sociologist. I'm not sure anyone wants to read an economic survey of a non-existent city full of kobolds and their ethnic tensions with immigrant lemurs.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
Judith Butler is insanely good

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Yeah she's pretty darn interesting. Also The Psychic Life of Power is an insanely cool title. Her work on interpellation and orders of recognition were very helpful to me and, I think, a lot less difficult than folks make em out to be.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
I've never read that one so thanks for the heads up. Butler can be opaque but you just need to learn how to read her works once and then it's actually super insightful and comprehensible. Bodies That Matter is one of my favorite feminist arguments especially in how willfully defiant it is in regard to common sense/baseline discourse about sex and gender.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

I've never read that one so thanks for the heads up. Butler can be opaque but you just need to learn how to read her works once and then it's actually super insightful and comprehensible. Bodies That Matter is one of my favorite feminist arguments especially in how willfully defiant it is in regard to common sense/baseline discourse about sex and gender.

Now it is my turn to be grateful. I'll check that out.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
Tl;dr or tl;gr (too long; gonna read) the central argument is the rejection of an essential/natural embodied sex and an inversion of gender being predicted upon sex, which is both fascinating and useful analysis as well as being deeply funny to me, a feminist nerd.

cda

by Hand Knit

wiord

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
Project: BYOB write Judy B a fan letter. Can be Judy Blume or Judith Butler or a combination of both.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
JB are some good power initials. Judith Butler. Judy Blume. James Brown. John Brown. James Bond. Jack Bauer. Jiggly Butt.

----------------

alnilam

judy blue eyes

ty manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

judy blue eyes

just read how David Crosby and Judy Collins put out a new album this year :3

----------------

alnilam

cda posted:

just read how David Crosby and Judy Collins put out a new album this year :3

woah :3:

ty manifisto

DrowningInDreams

Dilettante lizard
https://www.gofundme.com/help-defeat-fascism-through-vidjya

“Torn between violence and disillusionment, I seem to myself a terrorist who, going out in the street to perpetrate some outrage, stops on the way to consult Ecclesiastes or Epictetus” - Emil Cioran

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

This is actually really interesting but I wish it had citations

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
im gonna make a forge in my yard. :woop:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

A4 Steak Sauce posted:

Once this drat fall virus passes, I am gonna start carving another nightstick. Last one was an experiment (:v: "Is sugar maple hard enough to make a decent club, if even a tool handle?" :black101: "If you let it fully dry out, yeah, but it's too light for anything.")

This time I got some stock from a mulberry tree we had to cut earlier this year. The wood seems sturdy, and the section I have is quite heavy to boot. Just have to see how well it takes to chisels, knives and my handy-dandy, cheap-rear end-substitute-for-a-dremel and figure if it can be stripped, shaped, sanded, and given a fancy grip and lanyard.

this is probably something you've read before but i've found the densest cane-sized wood-bits tend to be root structures, especially hardwoods. id make an exception for a pine if it was, like, desperately clinging to the side of a windswept mountaintop, but only if said mountaintop was preternaturally wreathed in storm.

crimes

alnilam

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

im gonna make a forge in my yard. :woop:

ooh cool I've always wanted to do this let us know how it goes plz

cda

by Hand Knit
my project is googling "[thing] is/are/was/were hosed up" and seeing whether the thing is, are, was, or were, hosed up.

----------------

POOL IS CLOSED

everything is hecked up and the universe is unsatisfactory

be excellent to each other :beerpal:

e: im racking a rhodomel right now

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm not a metal guy anymore but I dig the intro to Spambot

That's a simple joke song I made because some guy kept posting his music in almost every thread in NMD, even the metal one, so I thought it would be funny to show him what metal's supposed to sound like by cutting out a piece of his song then having it jump to grindcore or whatever you'd call it and have the lyrics just screech "get out" a bunch while calling him dumb.

deep dish peat moss

I thought the juxtaposition of going from a really simple basic guitar rhythm into the get out was done well

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
I had my first singing lesson last night! My teacher is classically trained so it involved a lot of hissing and blowing raspberries.

Robot Made of Meat

I had my first singing lesson last night! My teacher is classically trained so it involved a lot of hissing and blowing raspberries.

Singing is something which is both good and which I would love to be able to do well.

Good luck on your lessons, Avery!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

deep dish peat moss

cda posted:

Here's a project for someone else: a web site that gives you a random youtube video that has between 0-5 views.

http://www.incognitube.com

I got this video of kids sledding on trash hills in India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2NSngoN3x0

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I made a story!

It has gross evil dogs and charmingly nihilistic mercenaries.

POOL IS CLOSED

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

I made a story!

It has gross evil dogs and charmingly nihilistic mercenaries.

I have a trip later this week so I shall read it while trapped on the George Washington Bridge.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I have a trip later this week so I shall read it while trapped on the George Washington Bridge.

Traffic is the true horror story.

bloodmeal
https://terrorinstinct.neocities.org
https://spiritsdesign.neocities.org/

First one is my personal website, second is a thing I made for school. The actual code for them is pretty amateurish because I taught myself through trial and error but my friends think they look cool

3dou

The best kind of sex is VHS.
Finally decided to compile some shadowplay clips of my combat surfin' in CS:GO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOESWsIBm4
Decided against making it into an actual montage because the fps keeps dipping to 30 for no reason.
Still glad I actually bothered to do this.

TerrorInstinct posted:

https://terrorinstinct.neocities.org
https://spiritsdesign.neocities.org/

First one is my personal website, second is a thing I made for school. The actual code for them is pretty amateurish because I taught myself through trial and error but my friends think they look cool

Loving that first site!

Reminds me a lot of http://youhole.tv/

Scaly Haylie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2yaKJjJeOE

i'm back on my rangers

Guillermus

Is funny that when I was younger I didn't like Power Rangers but now as I'm getting old I can appreciate the goofyness of them. Getting slowly closer to the 40's may be affecting my taste as I'm liking anime more and more lately too :v:

Thanks Manifisto for the cheesy goondue!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Guillermus posted:

Is funny that when I was younger I didn't like Power Rangers but now as I'm getting old I can appreciate the goofyness of them. Getting slowly closer to the 40's may be affecting my taste as I'm liking anime more and more lately too :v:

When I was young I liked "gritty" and "real," but now that I'm older I understand how toxic and delusional those styles really are. Now I favor fanciful and goofy, because they are so much more honest about the world and, because of that honesty, they allow you to laugh at the real tragedies in life, most of which seem to involve someone pretending to be a gritty and real hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
Power Rangers are terrible. For god's sake.

----------------

• Locked thread