Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I firmly believe that yams, the orange ones I think, are the best carb you can eat. Carrots and beats also. Beets are fun because they turn your poop purple and also naturally have the same stuff as like VOMAX Super Pump supplements. After a big day on the bike and I eat yams and broccoli and whatever protein my legs just feel way better in the morning after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Do not starve yourself if you are training hard. It's ok to run a calorie deficit, but keep track of it and be prepared to be a grumpy rear end hole while you are cutting calories.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Rutibex posted:

what is the purpose of creating an alternative points system? we already have calorie counts
All calories are not equal.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Ok guess I'll start losing weight. If it treats my diabetes and makes it so I don't piss every 15 minutes.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The method I'm trying now is to eat just one meal per day plus breakfast, and whenever I get hungry I just eat a banana.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Bananas oatmeal broccoli and almonds are awesome for losing weight because they make you feel super full for less calories.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just bought a big ol bag of frozen broccoli at costco. its good.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Frozen broccoli is great. I can throw a handful into whatever I'm cooking to feel like an adult without having to do any real work.

These frozen spinach pellets are pretty great too. Each pellet is about 1/4 cup of chopped spinach. I like to throw one in a fruit smoothie to increase nutrient value without changing the flavour. Can easily throw a pellet or two into the rice maker when making rice. Or into nearly anything you cook to get a serving of greens without having to pay attention to eating your greens.

So far it hasn't given me bulging forearms though. Maybe that only works with canned spinach?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone going to join me on no alcohol month? I’m thinking July 9th. Healthy gbs is a funny gbs.

gently caress it’ll be hard but why not.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Wouldn't it just be easier to disintegrate a large portion of the Earth?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I was extremely bad this weekend, on a vacation and with a discount at a REALLY nice restaurant that I planned to make the most of. So I was bad to the tune of a big southern plate of hushpuppies with ghost chili honey butter, collards with bacon, mashed potatoes and scallions with sawmill gravy, and chicken fried chicken, and a to-go order of cheesecake because I was too loving stuffed to eat more and brought my shame home with me.

God drat it was good, though. No wonder rich people get so loving fat. I gotta be very good the rest of this week though. Might pick up some of those weird spinach cubes.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

like a cigarette should posted:

I was extremely bad this weekend, on a vacation and with a discount at a REALLY nice restaurant that I planned to make the most of. So I was bad to the tune of a big southern plate of hushpuppies with ghost chili honey butter, collards with bacon, mashed potatoes and scallions with sawmill gravy, and chicken fried chicken, and a to-go order of cheesecake because I was too loving stuffed to eat more and brought my shame home with me.

God drat it was good, though. No wonder rich people get so loving fat. I gotta be very good the rest of this week though. Might pick up some of those weird spinach cubes.

That sounds like the last meal James Gandolfini had

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I read somewhere that a good snack is smashing bananas and peanut butter and rolling it into sticks and freezing it.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I just bought an Apple Watch so hopefully I can track my steps and I hear it will remind you to move around and stuff

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Dont eat peanut butter if youre trying to lose weight

you dumb fucksp

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

if you mash bananas and eggs together it makes a pretty yummy pancake batter that's naturally sweet and loaded with protein

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

PB is fine get the all peanut stuff that doesn't have a bunch of sugar added to what is already a paste of fat and protein. Hate that cheap poo poo that's sold.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking

Fartbox posted:

Dont eat peanut butter if youre trying to lose weight

you dumb fucksp

Lmbo

Quality advice.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Anyone going to join me on no alcohol month? I’m thinking July 9th. Healthy gbs is a funny gbs.

Hell yeah but that is every month for me. I dropped something like 15 pounds just from quitting alcohol.

Soda is another big one if you want to start losing weight. It was pretty much equally tough to quit for me, which sucked, but if you stick to it, you can do it. I had to switch to Coke Zero, then diet, and then replaced it with La Croix because I am a weirdo who enjoys beverages that taste like they were once stored in the same room as an apple, maybe.

The rest came from learning how to cook vegetables and putting seasoning on everything until it tastes better than the lovely food I was eating. Now I'm a skinny bitch again and it rules.

Also if you smoke weed, make yourself a snack platter in advance with healthy alternatives. Hell even cheese and crackers is better than chips. Get that going and you won't sabotage yourself. Good luck goons!! You can do it!

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 25, 2018

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Roast your veggies instead of steaming them. Hello delicious flavor and a crunchy texture. Does not apply to leafy veggies ofc but you should pan-cook spinach/other poo poo with garlic instead.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

ChaseSP posted:

PB is fine get the all peanut stuff that doesn't have a bunch of sugar added to what is already a paste of fat and protein. Hate that cheap poo poo that's sold.

the best peanut butter I've ever had is the whole foods 365 organic smooth peanut butter. no added sugar, only a tiny bit of salt, and it has a bit of added oil to help with separation. It's the best of both worlds: fancy natural peanut butter, but it doesn't separate or have sugar. It's by far the creamiest, smoothest peanut butter I've ever had, and it's incredibly spreadable. I'm sure the chunky variant is great as well.

There's no going back for me now. It's so god drat good.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ChaseSP posted:

Roast your veggies instead of steaming them. Hello delicious flavor and a crunchy texture. Does not apply to leafy veggies ofc but you should pan-cook spinach/other poo poo with garlic instead.

Yeeeeeeeeeeees garlic, a lil bit of extra virgin olive oil, salt/pepper and red pepper flakes. Throw that on any vegetables and they will suddenly taste like crack.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

if you're trying to eat healthy, go for things that make cooking quick and simple. Cutting down on a few steps makes the experience much better, especially if you're trying to curb your takeout habit. For instance, you can buy pre-minced garlic (or even pre-cleaned whole cloves) for relatively cheap from your super market. Saves you a couple minutes of chopping/mincing whenever you want to cook, and the flavor isn't so different that it'll make a huge difference (though obviously whole cloves is the way to go for flavor). Throw that poo poo into most things. Making eggs? Put some garlic in there, why not?

Make batches of rice mix for a quick clean carb fix, and you can cook rice ahead of time, make individual serving sized rice patties, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze while they're still hot to have quick and easy microwavable rice. My former roommate would do white short grain, brown short grain, barley, sticky rice, millet, and dried beans all mixed together in a bag with a 1-cup scoop. Then he'd pop it in the rice cooker and have a solid carb to eat for a few days. Top it with a fried egg and some steamed frozen broccoli and it's a filling and healthy meal.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

runupon cracker posted:

Credentials: used to weigh 330 lbs, now weigh 220 lbs. Down from "obese" to "overweight" and been in that category for roughly four years.

edit: this is the coles notes version, will add more later.

what the gently caress, this is my exact starting weight and my exact goal weight

Thankfully I'm in the A category and have lost 40 pounds in 3 and a half months. Personally I consider exercise really important for fat loss just because it'll train your body to treat appetite and hunger as a physical need rather than a mental one. This is with the caveat, though, that you should just do stretching regimens daily for about two weeks beforehand. For anyone who's tried lifting weights and found it incredibly painful, it's not because every weight lifter is some kind of insane masochist, it's because your body isn't flexible enough to do it properly. Train flexibility first, and it'll only strain your muscles. It is much less painful and you feel nice enough afterwards that it's a net gain in both mood and energy

Also, don't eat processed foods. It's not even cause it's unhealthy (it is), but because non processed foods take so long to eat and are so filling that it'll reduce hunger significantly. When your meals take 30 full, dedicated minutes to eat, your brain won't be clamoring for more right away. If you want to go hard mode on this and just be a boring type of psychopath like me, just eat chicken breast, carrots, and strawberries for two meals every lifting day. Don't do that though, I've just got the Lucky Tism and it doesn't bother me

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
just finished catching up and everyone already said the poo poo I said... there are no words for this misery gnawing at my breast(s)

(faTTY breasts)

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Verisimilidude posted:

if you mash bananas and eggs together it makes a pretty yummy pancake batter that's naturally sweet and loaded with protein

I use chickpea flour and greek yogurt along with the 'nanners and it makes one of the best pancakes I've ever eaten!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Verisimilidude posted:

if you're trying to eat healthy, go for things that make cooking quick and simple. Cutting down on a few steps makes the experience much better, especially if you're trying to curb your takeout habit. For instance, you can buy pre-minced garlic (or even pre-cleaned whole cloves) for relatively cheap from your super market. Saves you a couple minutes of chopping/mincing whenever you want to cook, and the flavor isn't so different that it'll make a huge difference (though obviously whole cloves is the way to go for flavor). Throw that poo poo into most things. Making eggs? Put some garlic in there, why not?

Make batches of rice mix for a quick clean carb fix, and you can cook rice ahead of time, make individual serving sized rice patties, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze while they're still hot to have quick and easy microwavable rice. My former roommate would do white short grain, brown short grain, barley, sticky rice, millet, and dried beans all mixed together in a bag with a 1-cup scoop. Then he'd pop it in the rice cooker and have a solid carb to eat for a few days. Top it with a fried egg and some steamed frozen broccoli and it's a filling and healthy meal.

I just fill up on various salads with a ton of tasty things. I want 1700 calories a day and when you cut out all the bread and potatoes and other carb stuff it's actually hard eat huge amounts of calories of. I just prepare chicken in various ways (chicken thighs are both cheaper than breasts and they hold up to cooking better, they don't dry out) and then whatever veggies I want.

1700 calories worth of chicken, bacon, and other proteins is a loving ton of stuff when you eat a lot of leafy vegetables with it. The only thing you have to watch out for is the dressings but again if you're watching your calorie counts closely you still won't be hurting for flavor. Just avoid any pre-made dressings that have sugar in them and it'll be fine.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I already have the 600 lb life thread I can't possibly follow two of these!

But good luck OP and everyone else. My advice is to browse This Is Thin Privilege and other fat acceptance/science denial communities to work up a healthy hatred for fat people and a burning desire to no longer be one of them, it's been working out great for a bunch of us so far.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zoe posted:

I already have the 600 lb life thread I can't possibly follow two of these!

But good luck OP and everyone else. My advice is to browse This Is Thin Privilege and other fat acceptance/science denial communities to work up a healthy hatred for fat people and a burning desire to no longer be one of them, it's been working out great for a bunch of us so far.

I’m 11987 posts behind in that thread. What’d I miss?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Burt Sexual posted:

I’m 11987 posts behind in that thread. What’d I miss?

Oh you know

About the same.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Wamdoodle posted:

Do this but squat to pick up the pennies. Just slav squat all the way down. Don't bend your back!

A thousand squats a day? Who am I, Chris Benoit??

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Drink only water. Eat only spam.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ChaseSP posted:

No its not

peanuts arent good either

they're like twice as calorie packed as pasta for fucks sake. Unless you're bulking (gaining weight) to increase muscles, peanut butter is completely pointless

Just read the nutrition info fatties, it's the only way you're gonna learn about foods

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
An absolutely huge deal for fat motherfuckers or any other non americans is soda. I used to drink like 1500 calories of soda per day. When I realized that calories was the number to focus on and switched to diet calorie drinks I lost a ton of weight, even while eating lovely. I would eat around 2200 calories a day, and run 2.5 miles every other day and I went from 305 to 199 over a period of a year. That's 15 days out of 31 running, and avoid calorie dense meals, and you will lose 10 lbs. a month. P.S. aside from avoiding soda, avoid chips and fast food. If you want to eat something with a shitload of calories make it yourself.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Losing weight is insanely easy

I lost all mine years ago and now I'm focusing on being STRONK and HANDSOME with big MUSCLES and that poo poo is hard as hell.

Losing fat just requires eatin less and not loving up with cheat meals too often

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
dont be a pussy and do OMAD (one meal a day). One 1 hour window to eat all your calories (protip: you probably can't, hooray easy deficit). Do it in the evening so you don't go to bed hungry which is the worst thing ever.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

please update the op with this

NightshadeGenitals posted:

A grown man that lifts with yard debris.

(looking at a valuable natural resource that can quickly be shaped into a simple tool or even expensive furniture)

what is this? trash? isn't the nature garbageman supposed to be here on thursdays??

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Pro-Tip: Fiber and vegetables.

When I'm eating lots o' meat, hunger is a prominent pain.

When I'm eating little to no meat, it's like someone in the next room shouts, "hunger," and I can ignore it if I want.

Weird but useful.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Piggy Smalls posted:

So what are tried and true ways to lose weight. I know eating less/healthier and exercise is important but any other things to speed up fat destruction?

I read that Glucomannan is a great supplement to keep you satiated longer and acts like fiber.

Smoke a pack and a half of cigarettes per day and drink lots of coffee.

(get real baked and do aerobics and yoga, i fuckin love aerobics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVC
May 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

I'm in. Ok not really. But I'll think about doing this.

Probably not.

I have a drinking problem. It's 97% why I'm fat.