Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bucswabe posted:

Season 6 would be hard to recommend just for the fact that the ending is so depressing. But it's required veiwing if you want to watch All Stars...

Season 9 is the only one I didn't watch. Was it actually really bad or did it just suffer from not being on in the summer?

9 was bad. Basically imagine a season where every single person just saw Evel Dick win the game and so the only game strategy at play is everyone trying to copy him. There's just assholes up and down the cast, no heroes, and countless ugly incidents. And the winner ended up fired from his teaching job for calling his mentally disabled students "little retards" and eventually ended up in prison for selling meth or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyler: Hey guys! Maybe its a bad idea for me to lie to the entire house, emotionally manipulate a crazy person, and play myself into a position where I'm the swing vote between the two sides of the house. Who could have seen that coming?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Jesus christ those idiots...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only logic I can possibly apply to Brett's lie is its Tyler's desperate attempt to cover for his flipped vote. Framing Rockstar in such a blatant way seems so stupid and doomed to fail, but Tyler seemed pretty desperate this week and L6 has fallen into some kind of blind hole in their hatred of Rockstar so I could see it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whoops. I guess someone's alliance blindsided him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What just happened?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Max posted:

What just happened?

Tyler and JC lied and told the house they were keeping Winston. Brett is trying to pin one of the votes on Rockstar, who loving DESPISES the Bros and never speaks to them. Kaitlyn, Rockstar, and Co were blindsided by the vote and Rockstar is PISSED that Brett lied about her. It also looked like Kaitlyn immediately questioned Tyler. Brett's a pathological liar so he's keeping it up without blinking.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Tyler chose his side, and will now join Brett in trying to blame Rockstar for flipping to keep Kaitlyn from killing him

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

friendship bracelet SAY HELLO TO THE GROUUUUND

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Winston's using every ounce of his will power not to start saying nasty poo poo. Like you can actually seen the strain on his face.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh ok. I was having trouble figuring out why rockstar was calling him disgusting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gonna be some poo poo talking on that Wall.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hanging onto a wall for dear life, huh? Say hello to HoH Rockstar :smug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Woah. Sunday's episode gonna get all BB15 woke on us.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
God that was the good stuff. I think there's no way they successfully convince Kaitlyn of it, but if they can over the other side's efforts they deserve to run away with the game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rockstar's just the least likely person to flip. If they had said Haleigh or Bayleigh it would have been genuinely suspect. But Rockstar?

And this comes off the heels of Tyler, JC, and L6 failing to push Rockstar as a secret mastermind to Scottie last week. Which should just make it so drat blatant. Tyler, Brett, and L6 just have zero respect for the intelligence of their competitors.

But then again Kaitlyn, so who knows? Its probably gonna come down to who wins HOH and who has to scramble.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So why didn't Sam use her power to try to save Winston?

Now it's just going to go to a random person next week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sam didn't really like Winston. Like she's sweet and "likes" everyone but she also on multiple occasions described Winston as a "predator" and doesn't like people who are nasty to others.

Tyler and Kaycee also didn't really want her to use it because they rather have it as a safety net for this week. So no one was pushing for her to use it.

The saddest thing about Winston is that the TV audience will never know what a paranoid, crazed, rear end in a top hat he was who was just constantly creating messes. Level 6 kind of just decided they were better off without him by the end of the week.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Sam didn't really like Winston. Like she's sweet and "likes" everyone but she also on multiple occasions described Winston as a "predator" and doesn't like people who are nasty to others.

Tyler and Kaycee also didn't really want her to use it because they rather have it as a safety net for this week. So no one was pushing for her to use it.

How is it a safety net?

Doesn't it just mean that the HOH is going to be pointless for the week, as whoever gets voted out probably won't go home?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's why it's a safety net.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah it was a safety net in case they end up on the block this week. It has the drawback if one of theirs wins HOH and their target doesn't go home but there was no guarantee of that so they rather cover for themselves than bail out Winston.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The only real strategy I got from Brett's speach was an attempt to get Rockstar to make a huge scene and put a target on herself.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah it was a safety net in case they end up on the block this week. It has the drawback if one of theirs wins HOH and their target doesn't go home but there was no guarantee of that so they rather cover for themselves than bail out Winston.

How is that a safety net?

Big Brother is a competition. If no one goes home for a week, it just means the game is on hold for a week and no one is really playing. Putting the game on hold is not a safety net, unless your goal is to hang out in the house instead of to win.

It would be like introducing another inning into a baseball game between the 3rd and 4th innings, inning number 3.5, in which no runs counted. So they'd be pitching and batting and running around the bases but it wouldn't affect the score. Would this be a "safety net" for either team, or just a waste of everyone's time? It only counts as a safety net if it keeps you safe but not your opponents.

Orange Sunshine fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 20, 2018

Max
Nov 30, 2002

They have no way of knowing what the next week would hold, and all they knew for sure was that they weren't on the block this week. Better to save something that can stop you from being evicted permanently for a rainy day then use it on someone that isn't you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's a "safety net" in the event that if Tyler gets nominated, loses POV, and gets evicted. It will "catch" him and give him a second chance.

Yes, it's also a safety net for everyone else who gets evicted this week. And that might hurt Tyler and L6. But they all preferred that option than to "waste" it on Winston.

Yeah, you want to win the game but you also need to survive each week. I don't get the confusion.

And again, the main reason it wasn't used was that Sam didn't really like Winston and didn't want to gently caress over Scottie and piss off half the house by saving him. The rest of it is just that no one besides the Bros actually wanted her to use it because Winston wasnt worth burning it to them even if there's small odds of it helping them this week.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

It's a "safety net" in the event that if Tyler gets nominated, loses POV, and gets evicted. It will "catch" him and give him a second chance.

Yes, it's also a safety net for everyone else who gets evicted this week. And that might hurt Tyler and L6. But they all preferred that option than to "waste" it on Winston.

Yeah, you want to win the game but you also need to survive each week. I don't get the confusion.

I don't get the confusion either. It seems entirely obvious to me that "nobody goes home next week" does no good for anyone, because the point of the game is to evict all the other players and be left at the end. If you don't evict anyone in a particular week, then you accomplished nothing. Tyler (who I assume could have talked Sam into using the power) lost a member of his alliance so that nothing at all will happen next week. This was a failure in strategy, unless for some reason he thought his alliance was better losing Winston.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He did, and also wanted to ensure he didn’t get backdoored.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Orange Sunshine posted:

This was a failure in strategy, unless for some reason he thought his alliance was better losing Winston.

That's it. They all saw Winston as a liability. He was a paranoid nutcase. He had blown up on numerous people and created problems. He was always coming up with stupid schemes that they had to dance around. He was terrible at comps. And they all know they have to deal with the Bros eventually anyway. So they embraced the silver lining by sometime Friday pr Saturday of last week and decided it really wasn't that bad a thing for Winston to go home.

If they could keep Winston around without doing anything, they would have. But he wasn't worth the small chance that the Bonus Life might save one of them this week.

You also seem very focused on a macro sense of the game where "no one goes home" is a net loss. But its not if you don't have HOH and you're on the block. "No one goes home" is not a constant good or bad, its an unknown. It COULD suck for Tyler if he has a target on the block. Or it could be great if he's on the block. So he rather roll the dice on that than bail out Winston from his terrible gameplay and have to keep carrying him.

I think a lot of this is the travesty of the show never showing the TV audience the true Winston and what a trainwreck he was. You never got to see his Whisper Corner.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If there had been a comp about who could whisper without moving their face at all Winston would have won that hands down.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
drat, now I want to hear more about Whisper Corner.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Let me tell you a story about Winston, the sneakiest spy in Big Brother history.

Winston figured out pretty early that the Big Brother house is filled with sneaky people and twists and surprises around every corner.

Winston knows people are listening to everything he's saying in the Big Brother House. Winston can't even count how many people in the house are sneaking behind his back.

Winston know sometimes you gotta bring someone super close to you when you have game to talk.

But you still have to be careful. There might be lip readers watching.

You have to be stealthy about where you talk.

They could even be listening on the toilet.

But most importantly, Winston knows you need a safe place to whisper. The safest place. The place farthest away from anything in the house where no one can hear you. Winston's Whisper Corner.

Winston hopes you enjoyed this post. Winston did. He learned so much that was strangely never on the show and it delights him.

He's just so sad that he cant keep being sneaky in the Big Brother House.

But don't worry. Winston will be watching.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 22, 2018

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I enjoyed that write-up. You are the best.

Tonight’s episode is gonna be fun. Can’t remember ever seeing a disclaimer before an episode.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

How is it possible no one suspects Tyler?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

*begins to suspect Tyler*

“No, Sam must have used her power to flip two votes.”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

How is it possible no one suspects Tyler?

Its not. The edit simplified it. His name got thrown around a lot but there was mass confusion and paranoia and then Kaitlyn came up with that power nonsense.

The general consensus is it was probably Tyler and Kaitlyn.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

This racism debate is dumb. She said the M word like twice as much as he said the N word. Am I missing where he called her that?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Its not. The edit simplified it. His name got thrown around a lot but there was mass confusion and paranoia and then Kaitlyn came up with that power nonsense.

The general consensus is it was probably Tyler and Kaitlyn.

This makes more sense.

What the hell is Sam talking about in this HOH speech? Kinda lost a lot of her likability.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wow, I'm surprised they gave Sam NO cover for the slut shaming. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Snowmankilla posted:

This racism debate is dumb. She said the M word like twice as much as he said the N word. Am I missing where he called her that?

Bay obviously didn't know it was derogatory when she first said it, while JC clearly did know he was saying something derogatory as he was using it as an example. Bay's point is he should NEVER say that word even in an illustrative sense. JC should know that and he should have apologized for it instead of being stubborn. Bay shouldn't have used the m word the second time but she was obviously all turned around by that point and defensive that JC was saying she called him it, which she didn't. At some point they clearly were both being stubborn and having trouble taking a step back and admitting their own mistakes. Obviously neither intended to offend the other but did.

In the end if someone says "that word is derogatory" you should apologize for using it and shut the gently caress about defending yourself because that word clearly doesn't mean as much to you as it does to them.

And never say the n word. Not even if you're singing along with that song.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 23, 2018

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm not really surprised by Sam's speech. There was an underlying nastiness that came through in her interactions with people back in week one when she was a robot, and it's why Tyler was the only houseguest I found to be likable when everyone was fawning over Sam's sad/sweet schtick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I agree with all of those things and get where everyone is coming from. I just think Bay got crazy worked up. I also give someone who is not white/American/ a small amount of wiggle room that I would not if it was Tyler/Scottie/Bret.

• Locked thread