Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Real Yakuza use a gamepad

the game switches to keyboard prompts whenever i press f12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

the game switches to keyboard prompts whenever i press f12

Oh, didn't know (also I was just kidding)

Any mission where Kiryu interacts with kids is great, he has no idea what to do half the time.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Thanks for the recs all( I'm playing Splatoon 2)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Any mission where Kiryu _____________ is great, he has no idea what to do half the time.

This seems more accurate.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Relax Or DIE posted:

Thanks for the recs all( I'm playing Splatoon 2)

Picross season 2 comes out this week apparently. You know what to do.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
listening to one's own voice in recordings is pretty unpleasant I'm discovering

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There's a big spider web outside of our window and I just made a big pole by combining vacuum cleaner attachments and a broomstick in order to reach the web and disrupt it in an attempt to save a poor lightning bug that kept glowing while it was caught. I hope I was able to save it. We felt bad because we were just lying here in bed and then KCB noticed this poor firefly just glowing occasionally and the spider wasn't even doing anything.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

I filmed a video for a charity skydive I'm doing and watching it back made me wince cause it reminded me I have trans voice :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

touch screens in cars are already an insanely stupid idea so of course musk would want to top it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

There's a big spider web outside of our window and I just made a big pole by combining vacuum cleaner attachments and a broomstick in order to reach the web and disrupt it in an attempt to save a poor lightning bug that kept glowing while it was caught. I hope I was able to save it. We felt bad because we were just lying here in bed and then KCB noticed this poor firefly just glowing occasionally and the spider wasn't even doing anything.

Spiders gotta eat too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now that's a good preorder bonus
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1024825037734518785

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

Maybe the spider was saving it for later. You took away its breakfast fak.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Tell me about it. My voice sounds okay to my own ears but play it back and I sound...ugh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's good to have a hat for your hat.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Good.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh, I guess the PS4 version of border break came out today

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Imagine being the kind of person that values beetles over spiders. I can't even fathom what that must be like. My god.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

Imagine being the kind of person that values beetles over spiders. I can't even fathom what that must be like. My god.

Do ladybugs count as beetles? They're p sweet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I live in PA, our state insect is the firefly and I've always thought they were good bugs

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Do ladybugs count as beetles? They're p sweet

Yeah they do. They're okay I guess. Good for pest control

Here's the arthropods rated from best to worst:
- bumble bees
- spiders
- all other bees that aren't honey bees
- horseshoe crabs
- actual crabs
- all other Hymenoptera that aren't ants
- giant scarabs
- all other arthropods
- ants
- honey bees
- all other beetles
- flies

Trust me this is correct I have two biology degrees.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mak0rz posted:

It was goading potential mates to come join it in the death trap, that dang firefly's a menace.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

beetle adventure racing is really good, and spider adventure racing doesn't even exist. beetles win

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah they do. They're okay I guess. Good for pest control

Here's the arthropods rated from best to worst:
- bumble bees
- spiders
- all other bees that aren't honey bees
- horseshoe crabs
- actual crabs
- all other Hymenoptera that aren't ants
- giant scarabs
- all other arthropods
- ants
- honey bees
- all other beetles
- flies

Trust me this is correct I have two biology degrees.

Ants not in the top 3? This list is bunk.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember seeing some cartoon thing when I was younger where there was some one-off joke that I think was a reference to the fly where it was a fly stuck in a web saying "HELP ME HELP ME" just as a spider began to devour it while the focus shifted so that the spider eating the fly was blurred and something about that stuck with me and I just feel real bad thinking that its last moments could have potentially been spent desperately signaling for help

Yes I know they're just bugs and don't actually have the intelligence to even have those kinds of thoughts and I'm just projecting emotions onto them

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My vegan ecology professor in college said it was totally okay to eat lobster since they're just giant bugs in the ocean and probably don't have a consciousness anyway. He really had it in for lobster.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lol i think kenji ito might have his wife or his daughter testing saga games

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 2, 2018

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

My vegan ecology professor in college said it was totally okay to eat lobster since they're just giant bugs in the ocean and probably don't have a consciousness anyway. He really had it in for lobster.

We need to introduce this guy to alt-right shithead professor Jordan Peterson

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

We need to introduce this guy to alt-right shithead professor Jordan Peterson

Let's all just please forget Jorp exists.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember seeing some cartoon thing when I was younger where there was some one-off joke that I think was a reference to the fly where it was a fly stuck in a web saying "HELP ME HELP ME" just as a spider began to devour it while the focus shifted so that the spider eating the fly was blurred and something about that stuck with me and I just feel real bad thinking that its last moments could have potentially been spent desperately signaling for help

Yes I know they're just bugs and don't actually have the intelligence to even have those kinds of thoughts and I'm just projecting emotions onto them

There's the part in Beetlejuice where he grabs a fly and it screams that. I'm mostly just bringing this up because I saw that scene as a child and for whatever reason my brain decided "aww yeah, I'm gonna have that scene on LOCK for the rest of my natural life despite finding it neither scary nor funny".

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

chumbler posted:

Let's all just please forget Jorp exists.

Fair call :patriot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why do states need official insects, bloody hell

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sometimes certain things just leave weird imprints on our brain and we are forever forced to remember them, whether it be something understandable like being terrified of the shoe scene in who framed roger rabbit, or something far less understandable like not liking that early scene in the disney tv film horse sense where the older lawrence brother had to frantically search through a kiddy daycare playzone kinda place for the younger lawrence brother

Brains are weird and I hate them

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Why do states need official insects, bloody hell

We need things to distract us and remind us that we are ultimately humans who can take joy in certain frivolous things even in hard times

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

bloodychill posted:

Ants not in the top 3? This list is bunk.

Full disclosure: I dislike ants because they remind me too much of people.

Okay so my list is a little biased. Fight me.

FirstAidKite posted:

I get what you're saying but denying a predator its meal in this way might end up in just the other animal "suffering" in the way you're describing. Will there be other prey? Probably. There's also a chance there won't be.

That said: you probably didn't really do anything bad in this situation, actually. The spider was likely ignoring the firefly because it didn't want to eat it! If something too dangerous or unweildly gets caught in a web a spider will sometimes wait for it to break free and then repair the web.

And I dunno if this helps but it likely wasn't signaling for help. It was just trying to woo females as it does normally. Mating instinct trumping survival instinct is not uncommon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

I get what you're saying but denying a predator its meal in this way might end up in just the other animal "suffering" in the way you're describing. Will there be other prey?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

And I dunno if this helps but it likely wasn't signaling for help. It was just trying to woo females as it does normally. Mating instinct trumping survival instinct is not uncommon.

"Yo ladies, check out this sweet bed I found!"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Me, seeing the repeated glow of a lightning bug stuck in a spider's web right outside the window of our bedroom - I'm gonna macguyver a pole long enough to reach that web and then go outside and climb a little bit of the wooden stair bannister on the wooden section that is currently warped and falling apart so that I can reach up and over and try to disrupt enough of the web to free the lightning bug, this is a reasonable thing to do and not at all strange

also me - centipedes and spiders eunt domus, and not mine

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will accept any number of house spiders if I never have to deal with a pantry moth ever again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Danganronpa thoughts:

Im on chapter 5 of the first game having a good time but i feel like the game suffers from the same problem i had with phoenix wright where the correct answer for a lot of the questions in the game are too ambiguous. Like you get a choice between a monster costume and the blueprints used to make the costume at one point for evidence of how you know a secret about the monster and its crap that one of them gets rejected.

I feel like this genre needs something to really grab me. I probably wont continue on to the next game unless the gameplay is very different.

Story is good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
DR2 does mix up the gameplay a fair bit. They add a couple of fun new minigames for trials which make things more dynamic and make changes to the nonstop debates as well. Plus the characters are smarter across the board so it feels more like the group is working together (unlike this game where Hina and Hagakure are so useless) and the mysteries are better as well. There's none where you walk into the trial immediately knowing who did it like with Trials 1 and 3 here.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 2, 2018

• Locked thread